g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

So am I one of the few left who still thinks we will get him?
None of what the journalists say makes any difference. Sancho has always wanted to come, it's only down to whether we will pay Dortmund's asking price or not. No amount of posturing from either side changes that. We are in the same place we were when the window opened.

Hester_manc

I fear that if we don`t get him now, we will never get him. Worst case scenario he is off to Liverpool next summer

Loon

:lol:
I think I've had too many hits to the head, but I'm inclined to think if Sancho is Solskjaer's number one target the club should get him. Back the manager and all that. We've overpaid for tutt before and Sancho would be a genuine upgrade.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
That's it. Pretty obvious though we never wanted to send much money this window so this Sancho excuse was pretty handy
Excuse. haha!

Agreed. Dortmund get some stick on this forum, and I dislike them with their "You love to see it" stuff - but at the end of the day, we're the arrogant ones to disregard Dortmund's stance of what they value him at and us thinking we can just delay until they "succumb to our whim" and accept a weaker deal. They have no reason to sell. They have an exciting, young team that will have another good run at Bundesliga and have a crack at going far into the Champions League. They'll get even more for Sancho next season.

We knew how much they wanted - it's not an obscenely out-there price for a player of his quality and potential. It's not as if they've placed a "£700million" price tag on him.

If we weren't happy to pay close to what they wanted - then we should have walked away months ago and got a suitable replacement.
Absolute nonsense.

Is everyone on this forum a negotiation king?

It's a HUGE sale worth in excess of 100M Euros, it's never as easy as you think it is you simply don't go to Dortmund and offer the asking price. You negotiate. Hence the term "Transfer Negotiations" - then you have personal terms which includes wages, bonuses etc etc, image rights, agent fees etc etc.

Sancho is one of if not the most exciting young prospect in recent years & you all think it's simply as easy as offering what they want?!

Thing is if Woody was to pull off an amazing deal that suits both us and Dortmund you'd all be singing his praises. This forum is fickle and full of entitled bunch of FIFA/FM armchair managers who are bitter at seeing the opponents spunk money left right and center and somehow their doing it better than us. Heck the Havertz deal has taken almost as long as the Sancho deal and yet Chelsea are lauded as some sort of Transfer kings. Get over yourselves.

Ask yourself this. Have you ever bought a car from someone tried and barter the price down and then come to a suitable medium?

Spurs leading Bale chase according to Ogden, Grealish has signed a new deal.

Hope Woody knows what he’s doing.
Oh the irony considering that a large portion of this forum don't want Bale and were a little cautions with Grealish.

Chief123

When Utd comes out and says they won't buckle at the last moment like they did with Maguire and Bruno, that tells me they will. That made be even more confident this will be a done deal!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Because the season is already running, and he is their best player. You don't just let loose on 40+ G+A without replacement signings. Right now, there's nothing tu suggest that BD are willing to sell him. Of course, any player can be had for an immoral
enough sum, but that's not the same as "being for sale".
Money Talks

Kaos

Liverpool won't even stump out €30m for one of the best midfielders in the world and you think they'll spent 100m+ on Sancho? Riiiight.
He'll have a year left on his contract by then, feasible he goes for considerably less.

Dortmund might also be more open to selling more reasonably to Klopp than us.

Chief123

He'll have a year left on his contract by then, feasible he goes for considerably less.
Still be 2 years left. I'd expect his price to be the same or possibly higher next summer. A bidding war could take it beyond 120m.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ask yourself this. Have you ever bought a car from someone tried and barter the price down and then come to a suitable medium?
But when you buy a car, the dealer is usually actively trying to sell the car.... here, Dortmund don't have to sell Sancho.

If someone knocks on my doors and tries to buy my car however - which I'm very happy with - I'd probably set a figure and I'd stick to it.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
yeah, its still happening. Always knew yesterday was gonna be a meltdown here with Dortmund's game and Sancho playing because he is still their player.
Yeah, good point. Yesterday hasn't swayed my opinion.

I'm with you, he'll sign in the last week of the window.
Aye I think it will be around then as well.

None of what the journalists say makes any difference. Sancho has always wanted to come, it's only down to whether we will pay Dortmund's asking price or not. No amount of posturing from either side changes that. We are in the same place we were when the window opened.
Agreed.

We go again!
:D:drool:

+1, Bale is just a smokescreen.
Aye I don't think that's a real possibility at all.

Nice one troops :devil:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Why? Just Why?

What brought you to this conclusion?

This who Anti-Man Utd rhetoric on a Man Utd Forum baffles me! Why do we hate ourselves so much?

There is no reason as to why Dortmund would want to sell to Liverpool over us. We've bought Mikhi and Kagawa off them in recent years and have a relatively good relationship with them, so why all of a sudden would Dortmund want to play playground tactics?

Ridiculous take.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What am I missing? Why are BVB saying they are increasingly confident of keeping him? According to them, he was never for sale after the 10th, so why are they only now beginning to believe they will keep him? They was 100% sure after the 10th, no?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What am I missing? Why are BVB saying they are increasingly confident of keeping him? According to them, he was never for sale after the 10th, so why are they only now beginning to believe they will keep him? They was 100% sure after the 10th, no?
Yup, their constant chatting just reinforces discussions are ongoing for me.

Rajat Jain

The only clubs I feel are potential competitor for him next summer is PSG or Barcelona. Chelsea have invested, Liverpool are cheap cnuts and Real will prefer Mbappe if they are going for an expensive forward. Mbappe suits them better as he can potentially replace Karim Benzema.

On the other hand, we have Barcelona who'll search for a Messi replacement and might have a new manager in Xavi, while PSG will be looking to replace Mbappe if he leaves.

But IMO United can get him next summer, but we have to ensure that we are getting CL football next season. Another season of struggle to achieve top 4, let's see how it goes.

Kaos

Why? Just Why?

What brought you to this conclusion?

This who Anti-Man Utd rhetoric on a Man Utd Forum baffles me! Why do we hate ourselves so much?

There is no reason as to why Dortmund would want to sell to Liverpool over us. We've bought Mikhi and Kagawa off them in recent years and have a relatively good relationship with them, so why all of a sudden would Dortmund want to play playground tactics?

Ridiculous take.
Its evident they hold some form of bitter resentment towards us after the Kagawa and Mikhitaryan transfers (remember the petty 'Enjoy the Europa league!' tweet?). Conversely I'd imagine Klopp is still held in very high regard there after the years of success he's given them.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
and if discussions are ongoing, then United must be prepared to pay the asking price or very near to it, it's just a question of if that can be presented in acceptable terms of instalments, add ons etc....
That's how I am reading the situation.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What you are missing is that a British journalist and Borussia Dortmund aren't the same entity.

Its evident they hold some form of bitter resentment towards us after the Kagawa and Mikhitaryan transfers (remember the petty 'Enjoy the Europa league!' tweet?). Conversely I'd imagine Klopp is still held in very high regard there after the years of success he's given them.
Did the club actually tweet that? If I remember correctly it was something like "Mkhitaryan is joining PL 6th placed Man Utd". It's actually not that uncommon to sometimes include that in a tweet/report and even if it were ill intentioned it was probably aimed at the player himself rather than United as he supposedly shook hands on a contract extension only to go back on his word soon after and have his agent throw chairs to force a move. There were no hitches with Kagawa that I can remember and United paid a very handsome sum for Mkhitaryan without wasting much time, so I'd be quite surprised if there were animosities between the clubs from those transfers. Even in this saga I don't really see the drama, the transfer won't fail, because of feelings, but because conditions haven't been met.

Last edited:

Jack-C20

Felt a bit knocked back this morning after the few tweets we had. Perked up a bit now though and until we get the briefing from our side that it’s off, I’ll still hold a bit of hope. I do share a few people’s fears that this could go to the wire and we’re left with no options at all. Hoping we’re working with some sort of plan.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
But when you buy a car, the dealer is usually actively trying to sell the car.... here, Dortmund don't have to sell Sancho.

If someone knocks on my doors and tries to buy my car however - which I'm very happy with - I'd probably set a figure and I'd stick to it.
If Dortmund weren't actively trying to sell they'd say he's not for sale and then keep quiet.

All throughout this transfer the noise coming out from Dortmund is that "he's not for sale. We're confident of keeping him. We're glad he's here next season"

Why not just keep quiet?

IIRC We told the media that Ronaldo wasn't for sale once and then that was it. Pogba. We've told the media he's not for sale and that's it.

Dortmund however, will not shut up about Sancho. He is definitely for sale.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Or he’ll be up for auction and go for less than 120 which means more clubs in for him.
Down to him at the end of the day

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If Dortmund weren't actively trying to sell they'd say he's not for sale and then keep quiet.

All throughout this transfer the noise coming out from Dortmund is that "he's not for sale. We're confident of keeping him. We're glad he's here next season"

Why not just keep quiet?

IIRC We told the media that Ronaldo wasn't for sale once and then that was it. Pogba. We've told the media he's not for sale and that's it.

He's not for sale, but he can go for a price.

My car isn't for sale, but for a price anyone can have it

I mean for us I bet Pogba isn't for sale... but if someone turned up at our door with £300million, we'd probably sell him.

Why are Dortmund making noise? I don't know... I mean they're probably not keeping quiet about it because it's in the media and it's a way of letting us know that they're not there to be negotiated with.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Why are BVB saying they are increasingly confident of keeping him?
Is there any actual quote on the "increasingly confident" part? Sounds like a generic twitter journalism phrase, tbh.

An actual quote from Sebastian Kehl when asked about Sancho yesterday on TV is this: "Guaranteed. Jadon Sancho will stay at Borussia Dortmund this season. We made that clear several weeks ago. There will be no change."

Inigo Montoya

Why not just keep quiet?

The other side is that Utd have been noticeably quiet. If was over surely they should release a statement saying as such.

Baffling

Inigo Montoya

Is there any actual quote on the "increasingly confident" part? Sounds like a generic twitter journalism phrase, tbh.

An actual quote from Sebastian Kehl when asked about Sancho yesterday on TV is this: "Guaranteed. Jadon Sancho will stay at Borussia Dortmund this season. We made that clear several weeks ago. There will be no change."
So what was woody doing watching the game yesterday then? Hardly a casual jolly to Germany

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Why not just keep quiet?

You're confusing answering a journalists question with making a statement. Dortmund all but certainly promised Sancho that he was allowed to leave under certain conditions (€120m before August 10th), they communicated that via their domestic press to forewarn the fans and public and after their deadline passed they made one set of deliberate statements and that was it.
Furthermore they don't need to make empty promises to the public to tell United that they are still willing to sell, the player and his agent would certainly know and therefore any interested club as well.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
They did the former on Aug10, and the latter afterwards

The "noise", if any, was and is purely on the british side

Why not just keep quiet?
If you're being asked on prime time live TV, you have to say something, right? They said the same thing as more than a month before.

Reality detached...

macheda14

He’ll have two years left next summer. Did you miss the whole thing about how Dortmund had secretly extended his contract by one year when they increased his wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.