Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsy13

I still think Sancho will happen, because I don't think the board are that stupid to not invest in a RW and a 20 year old talent who is borderline world class already.

You'd expect they wouldn't be signing other players if Sancho was the 'top priority'.
No, our board really are that stupid.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The only clubs I feel are potential competitor for him next summer is PSG or Barcelona. Chelsea have invested, Liverpool are cheap cnuts and Real will prefer Mbappe if they are going for an expensive forward. Mbappe suits them better as he can potentially replace Karim Benzema.

On the other hand, we have Barcelona who'll search for a Messi replacement and might have a new manager in Xavi, while PSG will be looking to replace Mbappe if he leaves.

But IMO United can get him next summer, but we have to ensure that we are getting CL football next season. Another season of struggle to achieve top 4, let's see how it goes.
I keep seeing this sort of outlook from posters and it's baffling. Chelsea have invested, so they won't invest again? They still need players. Sancho apparently supports Chelsea. You absolutely can't rule them out and, if you're Woodward, you have to expect them to be interested next summer. Not take such a naive outlook. Also, Liverpool have shown they will spend. Virgil Van Dijk for £90m or whatever it was. The fact they are winning big trophies and not spending now only makes me believe even more that one window soon they will just spend big sums again to top refresh their team. Sancho would be a great replacement for the ageing Mane or Salah.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I still think Sancho will happen, because I don't think the board are that stupid to not invest in a RW and a 20 year old talent who is borderline world class already.

You'd expect they wouldn't be signing other players if Sancho was the 'top priority'.
Two things to remember:

1) Never underestimate heart of a champion.
2) Never underestimate stupidity of Glazers and Woodward.

OK the first one is irrelevant here but hopefully you get the point.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
First of all, go watch our net spend. Second go see when we spend the money. Then see the quality of the players that we buy. I will tell you why we buy players that are not on our level.
What is happening at you club, is that we miss out on CL. Then we go out and spend LOTS of money on players who are in between Europa League and Champions league quality. Good enough to compete in Europa League, not good enough to compete in Champions League.
Basically we buy players that are willing to play in Europa League (Sancho is not, that is why we didnt buy him last year and why we wont buy him next year)
when we miss out on CL football, other clubs know that we want to get back there and have to spend money, so they rinse lots of money from us for average talent. Then next year we have (usually have) CL football, Glazers have achieved their goal and dont want to spend money. Average talent will get their 25% increase to their wages because of CL football. We don't have enough money to spent to achieve anything good (because of the financial restrictions the Glazers have put on ourselves), so we will miss out on CL football. And the circle happens again, but now we have bad players, on high wages who cant go to other clubs because they are not good enough but get paid more money then they should.

And now the other reason. This is because Edward Woodward is a monkey at the wheel. He will drive somewhere, but doesn't really know where, just keeps steering us, maybe to the edge of the cliff, maybe to the promised land, but either way it won't be because he knows where, or how. Like our transfers starting from Fellaini. He waited out the transfer clause to expire just because he thought he would get better price later. Spoiler - he didn't. Mata was bench warmer for Chelsea when we paid 46 million pounds for him. He was not the same players that he was when he came to the league. But chelsea rinsed us, because they are much better run football club.
Then we bought Di Maria for 75 million, when Real Madrid were desperate to get rid of him. Again. well run football club against our muppets. That is what happens.
Then Schneiderlin, Depay and Darmian. all players who are not on our level for stupid prices.
Our only good window was 2016 when Mino Raiola single handedly negotiated with Juve, BVB and with us. He got us Zlatan, Mikhi and Pogba.
Then Alexis happened. Edward paid so much just because City wanted Alexis on a free. But still Jose got us second in the league. With Pogba injured many months. I really believe that was Jose at his best. In every other season that would have been our league title. And then came the summer when we really needed to spend money. Second in the league, back in the Champions League. we had won against City, we knew that we could compete with them, maybe were better than them, we just needed to spend, get Jose what he wanted. And we didnt. He wanted Maguire. Leicester City wanted 60 mil for him. Edward wouldn't pay that. thought he would get him cheaper. (got him year later for 80 mil) Edward Woodward bought Jose 3rd goalkeeper, right back for our reserves and 3rd choice DM.
And all because Glazers had already achieved what they wanted. CL football.
remember when Jose came out and said that if this was any other FC, he would quit on the spot? It was not out of respect for Glazers and Woodward. It was out of respect for Sir Alex, Sir Bobby and the crest.
Spending and spending is different. Look at Chelsea. They buy good players because they know that those players are good enough for Real Madrid. They know that they can flip any on them into bigger money every season. Chelsea are making money every year. Just like RM are. RM are selling good players every year. because they have good scouting and they trust their scouting. Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, PSG. They are all run buy good businessmen. We on the other hand are run by people who go and offer 60 million to BVB for Sancho. Wage cut to Sancho.
We were That football club in 2003. We are far from that now. That is not because of 'Rona, or the climate. There is only one problem in our football club and it is the Glazers. Woodward and Judge and every inadequate person running our transfers is starting from Glazers.

feck, sorry for the long post.
Promote him. Please.

clarkydaz

are we the worst negotiating 'team' of a top European club?

'See this club who are not desperate to sell their most prized asset? Well, we will piss them off all summer then at the death they will probably cave in to us'

clarkydaz

First of all, go watch our net spend. Second go see when we spend the money. Then see the quality of the players that we buy. I will tell you why we buy players that are not on our level.
What is happening at you club, is that we miss out on CL. Then we go out and spend LOTS of money on players who are in between Europa League and Champions league quality. Good enough to compete in Europa League, not good enough to compete in Champions League.
Basically we buy players that are willing to play in Europa League (Sancho is not, that is why we didnt buy him last year and why we wont buy him next year)
when we miss out on CL football, other clubs know that we want to get back there and have to spend money, so they rinse lots of money from us for average talent. Then next year we have (usually have) CL football, Glazers have achieved their goal and dont want to spend money. Average talent will get their 25% increase to their wages because of CL football. We don't have enough money to spent to achieve anything good (because of the financial restrictions the Glazers have put on ourselves), so we will miss out on CL football. And the circle happens again, but now we have bad players, on high wages who cant go to other clubs because they are not good enough but get paid more money then they should.

And now the other reason. This is because Edward Woodward is a monkey at the wheel. He will drive somewhere, but doesn't really know where, just keeps steering us, maybe to the edge of the cliff, maybe to the promised land, but either way it won't be because he knows where, or how. Like our transfers starting from Fellaini. He waited out the transfer clause to expire just because he thought he would get better price later. Spoiler - he didn't. Mata was bench warmer for Chelsea when we paid 46 million pounds for him. He was not the same players that he was when he came to the league. But chelsea rinsed us, because they are much better run football club.
Then we bought Di Maria for 75 million, when Real Madrid were desperate to get rid of him. Again. well run football club against our muppets. That is what happens.
Then Schneiderlin, Depay and Darmian. all players who are not on our level for stupid prices.
Our only good window was 2016 when Mino Raiola single handedly negotiated with Juve, BVB and with us. He got us Zlatan, Mikhi and Pogba.
Then Alexis happened. Edward paid so much just because City wanted Alexis on a free. But still Jose got us second in the league. With Pogba injured many months. I really believe that was Jose at his best. In every other season that would have been our league title. And then came the summer when we really needed to spend money. Second in the league, back in the Champions League. we had won against City, we knew that we could compete with them, maybe were better than them, we just needed to spend, get Jose what he wanted. And we didnt. He wanted Maguire. Leicester City wanted 60 mil for him. Edward wouldn't pay that. thought he would get him cheaper. (got him year later for 80 mil) Edward Woodward bought Jose 3rd goalkeeper, right back for our reserves and 3rd choice DM.
remember when Jose came out and said that if this was any other FC, he would quit on the spot? It was not out of respect for Glazers and Woodward. It was out of respect for Sir Alex, Sir Bobby and the crest.
Spending and spending is different. Look at Chelsea. They buy good players because they know that those players are good enough for Real Madrid. They know that they can flip any on them into bigger money every season. Chelsea are making money every year. Just like RM are. RM are selling good players every year. because they have good scouting and they trust their scouting. Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, PSG. They are all run buy good businessmen. We on the other hand are run by people who go and offer 60 million to BVB for Sancho. Wage cut to Sancho.
We were That football club in 2003. We are far from that now. That is not because of 'Rona, or the climate. There is only one problem in our football club and it is the Glazers. Woodward and Judge and every inadequate person running our transfers is starting from Glazers.

Curious mate, when did Jose say he would quit on the spot for any other club?

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I wonder if Grealish signing a new contract will put some more pressure on Woody, seeing as his options for an alternative have been further reduced.

I'm sure Grealish was his preferred alternative, or at least he was earlier in the window
I agree. Woody is fast approaching a point where he will have no other option but pay what Dortmund want. I am very surprised United didn't pursue Grealish, somehow I was sure they were pursuing him discreetly. Very good player and more than a decent plan B.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Our board are not stupid, Woodward is not inept. People need to realise the club ambition extends as far as Champions League qualification, that is it. It is obviously deemed too expensive to challenge for titles relative to prize money. Champions League qualification with minimum spending is the club M.O. now.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Our board are not stupid, Woodward is not inept. People need to realise the club ambition extends as far as Champions League qualification, that is it. It is obviously deemed too expensive to challenge for titles relative to prize money. Champions League qualification with minimum spending is the club M.O. now.
Ridiculous comment to make.

UncleBob

The problem isn't really the length, but the lack of quality.

croadyman

So to those of you still believing this is alive when do you see it happening out of interest

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I don't understand how such nonsense keeps getting repeated.

For your reference, we broke English transfer record with Di Maria, then with Pogba, then with Lukaku ( including add-ons) then made Maguire the most expensive defender in the history of football in last 4 years. Yeah champions league qualifications is the M.O

Being disorganised and wasteful in spending doesn't mean we don't want to compete. Saying we don't want to spend to compete is flat out lies.

Edit : Forgot to add Shaw as most expensive fullback at that time. Martial the most expensive teenager at his time. Paid 37m for Mata in 2013. Gave Sanchez that humongous contract to sign for us.

bsCallout

I agree. Woody is fast approaching a point where he will have no other option but pay what Dortmund want. I am very surprised United didn't pursue Grealish, somehow I was sure they were pursuing him discreetly. Very good player and more than a decent plan B.
Because he doesn't play on the right. The last thing we need is another left side attacker. Let alone for silly money.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55

I wish I hade as much faith in the board as you. I'm actually quite the opposite, and think the deal is not going well because the board are clueless.

Giggsy13

Summed up beautifully with a wonderful mic drop moment at the end. Cheers to this post!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

I admire your optimism. But I can't see it. Heck, even from Sancho's demeanor/social media activity - I think he's prepared to settle in Dortmund for another year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

ATM it definitely looks like they're that stupid.

DarkDog

What i don't get is that the papers seem to suggest negotiations are stuck at us paying Dortmund's asking price.

In the meantime, we are looking at bale as a one year loan option, instead of other permanent options with a more realistic price.

Going after bale sort of indicates that we still believe Sancho is the man for the RW in the long term and plan to go for him again next year.

Next year we will have more to spend, but more clubs will be in for him and if the market goes back up, and he has a good season, and maybe a good Euro, then his price would go up too.

Feels like when we passed on Maguire only to have a crap defense for an entire season and then signed him the next summer for more money.
Yes, but this time we wont get Sancho next year. go read my earlier post.
If Bale comes and has a good season and we finish 4th, then we will sign Bale. If he is injured and has bad season we finish outside top 4, Sancho wont come to Europa League team. Plus add the fact that his price would be with Bundesliga win, good Euros performance and good showing in Champions League. European high class would be after him It would take at least 150 million to get him from BVB if they are asking 120 this year

Amerifan

For your reference, we broke English transfer record with Di Maria, then with Pogba, then with Lukaku ( including add-ons) then made Maguire the most expensive defender in the history of football in last 4 years. Yeah champions league qualifications is the M.O

Being disorganised and wasteful in spending doesn't mean we don't want to compete. Saying we don't want to spend to compete is flat out lies.

Edit : Forgot to add Shaw as most expensive fullback at that time. Martial the most expensive teenager at his time. Paid 37m for Mata in 2013. Gave Sanchez that humongous contract to sign for us.
You’re absolutely correct but you’re wasting your time. Every time mommy refuses to give us a biscuit she’s the worst mommy ever.

diarm

My favourite part was how you typed out around 4 million words but then abbreviated "Corona" to save a couple of letters!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If Bale comes and has a good season and we finish 4th, then we will sign Bale. If he is injured and has bad season we finish outside top 4, Sancho wont come to Europa League team. Plus add the fact that his price would be with Bundesliga win, good Euros performance and good showing in Champions League. European high class would be after him It would take at least 150 million to get him from BVB if they are asking 120 this year
Bale is a decoy.

Chief123

I keep seeing this sort of outlook from posters and it's baffling. Chelsea have invested, so they won't invest again? They still need players. Sancho apparently supports Chelsea. You absolutely can't rule them out and, if you're Woodward, you have to expect them to be interested next summer. Not take such a naive outlook. Also, Liverpool have shown they will spend. Virgil Van Dijk for £90m or whatever it was. The fact they are winning big trophies and not spending now only makes me believe even more that one window soon they will just spend big sums again to top refresh their team. Sancho would be a great replacement for the ageing Mane or Salah.
I can certainly see Chelsea being interested next summer. Yes, they've bought Ziyech and Havertz but if truth be told, Sancho is better than both of them. Chelsea are not shy to be ruthless if the right player comes along. Who would have thought they'd spend £72m on a keeper and then bin him off and replace him with another keeper. When its billionaire money, then it's easy to do.

Also, the fact that a lot of clubs aren't spending this summer doesn't neccessarily mean they are skint. A lot of them will be acting cautiously due to the uncertain future at the moment. But if things start getting back to normal by next summer, I can certainly see other clubs coming in for him who we assumed were skint. Anyhow, I still believe we'll sign him this summer due to the risks of the above.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Liverpool were only able to pull off those signings by selling big and the Swiss ramble did a good piece on their finances. Unless they sell one of their stars for big money, they're not going close to 120m euros. With Chelsea, sure Abramovich might decide to bankroll this one signing, but again, this spending spree is down to the huge fee they got for hazard and 0 spend in the last financial year. They would need to shift a lot of players to finance it if Roman doesn't just pump the money in. Not to mention, there's a strong chance most clubs make a loss next year, due to stadiums being empty for most of the year.

Real will probably go for Mbappe, Bayern wouldnt spend that sort of money when they're looking at CHO. Barca maybe if Messi goes - which is unlikely, but by a lot of accounts they're after Lautaro. Juve are going to make heavy losses this year. You're not left with a lot of options who can spend that sort of money. I genuinely think we're probably going to be the only ones able to pay close to what Dortmund are looking for next season as well.

diarm

Maybe we're leaving Jadon for a few extra weeks to strike up a bond with Bellingham - the secretest of all secret agents.

KiD MoYeS

Yet we still have owners that take more money out of the club than any other in the league. Yet our transfer activity year after year appears to be these long, drawn out sagas that largely serve to get people talking about the club and get more clicks online. The Glazer family write the cheques. Now ask yourself this, do you really think the Glazer family value a Manchester United trophy over a few extra zeros in their bank account?

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55

So you've proved that we panic buy and overpay. The incompetence of the board was never in question.

People have questioned the ambition of the club based on WHEN the spending occurred. It seems to point that we are likelier to spend when chasing top four, but less likely when we have already achieved that. Which of course makes sense from a business perspective.

DarkDog

We ONLY bought those players to get into Champions League mate. In a season, when we have secured CL football Glazers dont spend. CL is enough for them. omg how stupid can you be if you dont realize that. They are satisfied with being top 4 in England. They are never going to want to try to being nr 1 in the world again. That is not what they do. Go check out what Tamba Bay has done under their leadership for the last 15 years.
They are the only owners in Premiership that have taken out 100 million quid in the last 4 years as dividends for themselves. That is the cost of Sancho. Wake up bro, they will never compete. Only way to compete is if we get Greenwoods coming out every year from the academy. Woodward will NEVER be fired by Glazers. He has made them so much money that they dont care about how inept he is in the transfer market. They are very happy that he is the fall guy for our club.
Every season when we dont get into CL our net budget is 100 mil pounds. When we do get into CL our budget is around net 50 mil pounds.
Glazers didnt back Moyes, didn't back van Gaal and when Mourinho needed backing the most they bought him LEE fecking GRANT. And now they are not backing Ole. Moyes, van Gaal and Mourinho have all said that Ed Woodward got them their 4th and 5th targets on their list.
And you are giving them credit for buying Di Maria for 75 mil???? Woodward is stupid for buying Mata for 40 mil, Di Maria for 75 mil, Sanchez and so on. He is inept at transfers and other well run clubs are just taking advantage of us.

Drifter

American
Glad it's coming to an end. Worrying thing though, is we are running out of options.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
That was exactly my point. It makes all the sense in the world to sign him now.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Yet we still have owners that take more money out of the club than any other in the league. Yet our transfer activity year after year appears to be these long, drawn out sagas that largely serve to get people talking about the club and get more clicks online. The Glazer family write the cheques. Now ask yourself this, do you really think the Glazer family value a Manchester United trophy over a few extra zeros in their bank account?
Well I don't know the answer and you also don't so let's not get there

We don't see owner investment because we don't need it. Lies and propaganda about paying interest has been covered extensively. We hardly pay any tax so all these they took 1 billion out is just so childish argument.

Sure we could get better owners but this notion that in Covid situation when economy of every country is contracting, if our board thinks paying 120m is not good for financial health of the club then so be it. I will be disappointed but I can understand that. But to use this to say that we don't spend to compete is not correct.

Just to give you one example, our shirt sponsor deal will expire next season. In current climate we might not get similar deal, our commercial revenue might not be same next year, who knows what our gate income will be this year, TV deal is also in question. What happens if league is again postponed this season due to Covid? We as supporters don't think all this because we are not responsible for it but if Ed Woodward fecks this up then we will call for his head. This is incredibly difficult and quite unique situation and I will trust the board to steer us through this as they proven themselves quite capable in financial aspect.

I still hope we somehow signs Sancho but if it is at a cost that our board thinks is too risky, then so be it. We have lost on great players in our pomp. No big deal

treble_winner

We don't see owner investment because we don't need it. Lies and propaganda about paying interest has been covered extensively. We hardly pay any tax so all these they took 1 billion out is just so childish argument.

Sure we could get better owners but this notion that in Covid situation when economy of every country is contracting, if our board thinks paying 120m is not good for financial health of the club then so be it. I will be disappointed but I can understand that. But to use this to say that we don't spend to compete is not correct.

Just to give you one example, our shirt sponsor deal will expire next season. In current climate we might not get similar deal, our commercial revenue might not be same next year, who knows what our gate income will be this year, TV deal is also in question. What happens if league is again postponed this season due to Covid? We as supporters don't think all this because we are not responsible for it but if Ed Woodward fecks this up then we will call for his head. This is incredibly difficult and quite unique situation and I will trust the board to steer us through this as they proven themselves quite capable in financial aspect.

I still hope we somehow signs Sancho but if it is at a cost that our board thinks is too risky, then so be it. We have lost on great players in our pomp. No bid deal
Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Everton...have all invested considerably. Even Dortmund who is refusing to sell Sancho invested on Jude with no problem in this very summer. Aren’t those teams exposing Woodward and the Glazers’s lies?

You say they can spend money but we, the supposedly biggest club in the world, cannot do it because we might face danger financially? I don’t buy it. If anything, the COVID happening has provided Woodward and the Glazers with the perfect excuse to tighten the purse string.

Your last sentence of we have lost big players before so it’s no big deal... I’m not sure how you can come to such conclusions. For a team like Liverpool or City, or even us back in Fergie days, it might be true. But for a team which have been in decline for 7 years like us, every potential big signing is crucial. City got those crucial signings Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany...through the line and look where that got them. We can’t afford another Hazard situation with Sancho. It will truly cement us as a mid-table club with no ambition for the next decade.

Reactions: Fortitude

I Am Zlatan

Yeah thats it I guess
That was 11 years ago, going on 12.. I just want to know when are they planning on addressing the right wing situation? Valencia started playing right back in 2014 I think, so 6 years of no proper right wing.

I guess they gambled with James, but why buy a left winger and try to play him on the right? Definitely some questionable decisions...

KiD MoYeS

I still hope we somehow signs Sancho but if it is at a cost that our board thinks is too risky, then so be it. We have lost on great players in our pomp. No big deal
All hard evidence points to the Glazer family valuing lining their pockets over the club's on field success. If you cannot see this then there is no point discussing further.

Status
Not open for further replies.