Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Are you still living in 2019?
Take a look around. Plenty of other clubs making moves. We just spent a hefty amount on van de Beek. Do you believe the club will go under if we guarantee Dortmund £108m in instalments? With all our sponsorships, TV revenue (even when reduced) and CL money.

No. So no excuses.

Squeaky Bumtime

Take a look around. Plenty of other clubs making moves. We just spent a hefty amount on van de Beek. Do you believe the club will go under if we guarantee Dortmund £108m in instalments? With all our sponsorships, TV revenue (even when reduced) and CL money.

No. So no excuses.
Apparently Dortmund doesnt want installments. And no other club made a transfer that big so far. It's not about going under it's about the predicted loss during the whole next season. You cant just go on like that no excuses and we have money like it's buying fruit and vegetables at the market.

BluesJr

Apparently Dortmund doesnt want installments. And no other club made a transfer that big so far. It's not about going under it's about the predicted loss during the whole next season. You cant just go on like that no excuses and we have money like it's buying fruit and vegetables at the market.
No they just want that money guaranteed not in add ons like we were proposing. We can absorb the losses and it’s certainly not a deal that will cause us any trouble long term.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

No. So no excuses.
When did Dortmund get offered realistic installments? Sounds like we haven't offered this as yet.

SATA

It’s fair enough to ask for 120M euros guaranteed and no adds ons but it's entirely bonkers from BVB to expect it to not come in instalments in this current climate. That is just not realistic at all

Loon

:lol:
Following my confusion, I was let to understand by some folk here that Dortmund just want their price, even if it is structured over time, but United are negotiating over the price and trying to break it up with add-ons?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Even if we sign Sancho this year then don't do anything in January or next summer i'd be happy with that.

It's more important to get the talent in the door and then worry about it later - worst case scenario we can sell a few players to cover that anyway.

I'd be absolutely amazed if the club don't complete this.

Kaos

Even if we sign Sancho this year then don't do anything in January or next summer i'd be happy with that.

It's more important to get the talent in the door and then worry about it later - worst case scenario we can sell a few players to cover that anyway.

Then prepare to be absolutely amazed.

Jinn

You say that now.
I hope we get him, and go on to get more over the next 2 windows.

romufc

No. So no excuses.
What people don't realise is, we are such a big club, if it looks like the club is going under, the Glazers would sell straight.

There will be buyers.

Skeezix

That is my outlook too right from the start of the window.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
It’s fair enough to ask for 120M euros guaranteed and no adds ons but it's entirely bonkers from BVB to expect it to not come in instalments in this current climate. That is just not realistic at all
They don't have to be realistic. If someone comes up to you to buy your one of a kind car that you don't want to sell, why would you be realistic or nice over the price? If Dortmund don't really need to sell then it's up to United to do the work to make them tempted, and they clearly haven't done that yet.

Chief123

I would be more concerned about losing out on Sancho if we had just signed a couple of 20-30m players in the last week. That would have buried the Sancho deal completely.

The fact we aren’t signing anyone suggests to me all the eggs are being put in the Sancho basket. You may or may not like that approach but that’s what it looks like Utd will end up doing. Every dollar is going to towards Sancho.

Joseunited

QUOTE="BluesJr, post: 26054899, member: 77417"]
I don’t need to be an expert to know that we can easily afford to do it. Anything that says otherwise is a lie.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah the corona virus is all a lie. We haven't lost a penny since no fans were allowed into Old Trafford.

BluesJr

QUOTE="BluesJr, post: 26054899, member: 77417"]
I don’t need to be an expert to know that we can easily afford to do it. Anything that says otherwise is a lie.
Yeah the corona virus is all a lie. We haven't lost a penny since no fans were allowed into Old Trafford.
[/QUOTE]
Of course we have. Does that mean we can’t afford Sancho?

No.

RkkMan

I would be more concerned about losing out on Sancho if we had just signed a couple of 20-30m players in the last week. That would have buried the Sancho deal completely.

The fact we aren’t signing anyone suggests to me all the eggs are being put in the Sancho basket. You may or may not like that approach but that’s what it looks like Utd will end up doing. Every dollar is going to towards Sancho.
To me this has the hallmarks of Utd continuously briefing how they`re still trying hard to sign Sancho only to panic buy someone like Perisic in the last week of the window and release a massive expose article of how they heroically tried but failed to sign Sancho due to the pandemic. I don`t think they have the money for this deal

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I am still cautiously optimistic on this and I believe we're leaving it to the very end to try and get a discount. However things can degenerate quickly. It only takes 1 other club to want him or for Dortmund to lose out on his replacement.

Honestly I can't understand this board. Sure 100m+ is big money even in normal circumstances let alone during covid. However we knew about covid for quite a while. Surely we could switch targets and go for a humbler transfer strategy if we wanted. If we got Gabriel, Telles, VDB, and Cengiz Under wrapped up then few would be complaining about us not getting Sancho. It's not perfect but we would have improved the squad which is a step to the right direction. Instead we went big only to refuse to meet the price Dortmund were always going to ask for Sancho. That's ridiculous. We're setting Ole to fail.
maybe this is exactly what ole wants and he personally vetos all other options?

RUCK4444

To me this has the hallmarks of Utd continuously briefing how they`re still trying hard to sign Sancho only to panic buy someone like Perisic in the last week of the window and release a massive expose article of how they heroically tried but failed to sign Sancho due to the pandemic. I don`t think they have the money for this deal
When did we last do that though?

Usually we have a primary target and get our man, regardless of what many say here we don’t often buy a cheap alternative.

Squeaky Bumtime

Carry on being a Glazer sap.
Whatever that means it's daft and childish. And I'm by no means Glazer sap or whatever you mean. You carry on with your childish and simple posts. I try to end our little conversation and you got all personal without any need to act like that. Cheers.

SATA

They don't have to be realistic. If someone comes up to you to buy your one of a kind car that you don't want to sell, why would you be realistic or nice over the price? If Dortmund don't really need to sell then it's up to United to do the work to make them tempted, and they clearly haven't done that yet.
The thing is they do want to sell. United knows BVB's price, we pay it today and he's ours. But obviously we can't do that if they want everything in one lump sum

RkkMan

When did we last do that though?

Usually we have a primary target and get our man, regardless of what many say here we don’t often buy a cheap alternative.
True about that last point but there was no global pandemic during the previous times that cost us lots of money. I do hope I`m wrong and it still happens but I feel Utd are hiding the truth from everyone that we just don`t have the money

SATA

True about that last point but there was no global pandemic during the previous times that cost us lots of money. I do hope I`m wrong and it still happens but I feel Utd are hiding the truth from everyone that we just don`t have the money
Surely we would have given up the chase if we don't have the money? Why keep flogging a dead horse? Clearly United are just being stingy and trying to pay as less as possible

Giggsy13

Simon Stone’s article today looks like a major club brief. Citing Covid and the financial impact as well as the club bringing in quality with VDB and Bruno. The excuses have already started. If the strategy is to wait till the very last few days to push through a deal, we will fail miserably.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You say that now.
I hope we get him, and go on to get more over the next 2 windows.
Obviously - but if it was a case of no Sancho now and then having to buy somebody else next summer instead - i'd rather take the hit now.

Our squad is young and will be fine for 2 years easily, we don't need quantity just quality.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
When you consider that all our rivals have signed players, Chelsea in particular with Havertz and Werner, the price Dortmund are asking for really is unreasonable. Wish we can sort it out somehow, but the real problem is that we have spent our summer chasing a target that seems unattainable, and failed to have proper alternatives and failed to strengthen the CB, DM or LB spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.