Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have a feeling Dortmund insisted on intermediaries cause they knew we were not serious bidders. So if we are going to waste anyone's time, it would be our own.

DRM

Simon Stone’s article today looks like a major club brief. Citing Covid and the financial impact as well as the club bringing in quality with VDB and Bruno. The excuses have already started. If the strategy is to wait till the very last few days to push through a deal, we will fail miserably.
Do you have a link to the article?

Neo_Mufc

I'm starting to think this entire transfer saga has turned sour a long time ago and we are fighting for scraps behind the scenes.

We really are muppets when it comes to signings and I say that as a club.

Every deal feels like del boy at the car booty.

Jinn

Obviously - but if it was a case of no Sancho now and then having to buy somebody else next summer instead - i'd rather take the hit now.

Our squad is young and will be fine for 2 years easily, we don't need quantity just quality.
Preaching to the choir mate...

dbs235

If we can't get Sancho this season I'd rather just give Mason another full season in the team as the RW and buy a new CB partner for Maguire, and wait for Sancho next season. Rather let Mason develop than waste money on a short term solution.

Mihai

The Glazer supporters are the flat earthers pal.
Not in this case.

The "I don’t need to be an expert to know that we can easily afford to do it. Anything that says otherwise is a lie." is a big hint.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If we can't get Sancho this season I'd rather just give Mason another full season in the team as the RW and buy a new CB partner for Maguire, and wait for Sancho next season. Rather let Mason develop than waste money on a short term solution.
And what happens when Mason needs a rest or is injured? We need at least a loanee coming in.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Hard to believe that this thread is so active considering that there has been no indication that we are signing him for weeks!

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
The thing is they do want to sell. United knows BVB's price, we pay it today and he's ours. But obviously we can't do that if they want everything in one lump sum
Setting a price that your only customer sees as unrealistic and telling them they needed to have done it weeks ago doesn't sound like they want to sell at all, more that they' do it if they get the offer they want but aren't fussed if it doesn't happen. What actual indications do we have that they want to sell? All down to whether Sancho decides to make a stink to me.

shahzy

When will some people ever learn. Don't expect anything from the Yanks and their cronies. It's been year after year of the same shit. Boy who cried wolf at this point.

Squeaky Bumtime

I meant the flat earther, the poster who you were discussing with. :D
That must be something dragged out of General forum or? :D

Edit: Just seen your second post yeah. I love how all are experts on everything or even dont need to be to know everything there is to know.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Funny thing is the Glazers/Woodward probably feel under no pressure now as there's no fans inside OT.

They can do what they want and it'll get swept under the carpet.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think fans are beginning to feel this is not happening. Much have changed over the last week. And IF indeed it isn't, it's not a case of fans being mentally off. There's journalists out there that are reporting this deal to still be alive/possible (albiet difficult). Hopefully the writer of that article has the intelligence to move past jibes and recognize that.

NK86

I think if we are to sign anyone else, it will probably be a LB to compete with Shaw. We aren't getting another signing.

Then we will see the usual press briefs about a DOF and Covid and prices.

I am surprised that people are surprised on seeing this. It's like we (fans) never learn that Woodward is there to make money for the Glazers. He doesn't have a mandate to make us the best team at all costs. We are only interested in maintaining top 4.

Better to make peace with the fact that we are "also ran" now and will be that for the foreseeable future. The less invested we are, the less we will have to worry about this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My only wish is for someone to make an excellent football promo from this, as a parody to Wrestlemania 17. Where its United V Dortmund rather than Rock v Austin. Deborah in the below Vid is like a prized Sancho :lol:

"The fact Is Dortmund, you got Sancho and we want him!"

Yeah I'm a bit bored.

Squeaky Bumtime

Funny thing is the Glazers/Woodward probably feel under no pressure now as there's no fans inside OT.

Nothing much would happen with fans inside OT unfortunately either. There would be some songs about them and that's about it.

amolbhatia50k

When are the AA meetings going start to help move the muppets through this difficult addiction?
Post 5th of October there will be an epic meltdown which will last a week, following which we'll go back to the "fed up" phase as we were during the low points of Mourinho, LVG and Ole.

Fun times.

NK86

Only hope is that the fans don't turn up even when the restrictions are lifted. That is the only way to get them to react. Loss of gate receipts hurt them badly. If the fans can actually do this, these parasites will have nowhere to run.

amolbhatia50k

My only wish is for someone to make an excellent football promo from this, as a parody to Wrestlemania 17. Where its United V Dortmund rather than Rock v Austin.

"The fact Is Dortmund, you got Sancho and we want him!"
It'd be fun if we drew them in the CL and won, after which our usually non confrontational Twitter handle takes the piss out of them.

Rajat Jain

It would have been great if the club actually briefed something about this. There has been no comments which seems to be winding everyone up. I think this is going to be the top question in the pre match conference for Crystal Palace.

starman

We need something definitive to shut this door for now, like the links to Bale are permanently going to be closed tomorrow, so we can move on, like Sancho actually comes out and says he's staying atleast another year....

Personally I am growing more and more on the idea of Traore, maybe 50m plus Dalot would do the trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.