Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
That's the most token response to any question ever. Imagine reading too much into it. Desperate muppets getting giddy for no real reason.

LisburnWhite

Can you explain how Dortmund is affected by this?

Germany consists of 16 federal states, which all have their own governments and regulations & rules. If I'm not mistaken the decision to allow fans in the stadium and how many even goes down further the pecking order to the "Gesundheitsamt" (local health authority) level.

Thus, banning fans in Munich doesn't mean Dortmund being also not allowed to let fans in their stadium. That's how it works in Germany.
That's how it works over here as well to a certain extent with different Postcode areas coming under tighter regulations than others.
The point is that Covid has not gone away and can spring up in an area very quickly.
Germany is as likely to suffer a big second wave as we are here so it's a gamble if you are counting on getting at least some fans back.

Adcuth

You’re looking at the wrong account, mate. You’ll find the interview with everyones favourite Jan Åge here:

The translation of the quotes are 100 percent correct. When that’s said and done, I wouldn’t read too much into it.
Where is our resident Norwegian to translate

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

Can you explain how Dortmund is affected by this?

Germany consists of 16 federal states, which all have their own governments and regulations & rules. If I'm not mistaken the decision to allow fans in the stadium and how many even goes down further the pecking order to the "Gesundheitsamt" (local health authority) level.

Thus, banning fans in Munich doesn't mean Dortmund being also not allowed to let fans in their stadium. That's how it works in Germany.
The federal states are not 10 000 km apart though are they? If things get serious in one area it's good management to impose rules in the rest as it's much safer to prevent then to have to respond to a crisis in action. Then again, we have seen how for financial reasons governments all over have been reluctant to react and christ knows how many died because of this so we'l have to wait and see.

Pagh Wraith

The federal states are not 10 000 km apart though are they? If things get serious in one area it's good management to impose rules in the rest as it's much safer to prevent then to have to respond to a crisis in action. Then again, we have seen how for financial reasons governments all over have been reluctant to react and christ knows how many died because of this so we'l have to wait and see.
This isn't really how it works in Germany, though. The states have a high degree of autonomy when it comes to these decisions. I was drinking beer with 10,000 other fans in the stadium this week. At the same time other matches in the country were played in front of 300. It doesn't have any bearing on what happens in Munich or Dortmund. It's not even decided by the states. The clubs have health and safety concepts that their local health authorities (i.e. the city) have to approve.

He'sRaldo

Ever wondered why EPL teams assemble very expensive squads that hardly match up to Bayern , Madrid or Barcelona? Well this is it. You pay 120million for the 3rd best player of a team that doesn’t even threaten to win the champions league.

I’m willing to bet that Mason Greenwood in BVB will score 20goals a season and probably get some odd 15 assists. Is he worth 100million? Not yet.

it was the same with Pogba. Good midfielder but not the best in Juventus at that time. Vidal and Pirlo were better.

Next time if you wonder why we spend 400 million and still lose to Juventus or BVB then there is your answer.

People can talk all they want about the market changing but why does it not change for other leagues in Europe? Only EPL teams and Barcelona fall victim
I agree with you but only partially.

The problem isn't quality but timing, as well as quality relative to fee. If we're buying players with 3 years left on their contract, or players for fees which eat up most of our budget, then we're making stupid mistakes over and over again, and yes Sancho qualifies for both of those criteria.

However, in terms of quality he's a very good player, at the very least one of the key men on his team. You're right though that right now he shouldn't be an immediate target due to his contract and fee, especially at the expense of other signings; that's where we keep making mistakes.

jackal&hyde

This isn't really how it works in Germany, though. The states have a high degree of autonomy when it comes to these decisions. I was drinking beer with 10,000 other fans in the stadium this week. At the same time other matches in the country were played in front of 300. It doesn't have any bearing on what happens in Munich or Dortmund. It's not even decided by the states. The clubs have health and safety concepts that their local health authorities (i.e. the city) have to approve.
I understand. I was talking mostly from my biased view as i'm working in a major hospital and i don't want people back in the stadiums yet as it's still a terrible situation.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't get why people hate on this thread. We had some class muppetry. Analysing Haaland's speaking patterns, looking up Sancho's cousin, fire over OT. It's a good ride. Enjoy it.
Exactly. Enjoy it now, because IF it doesn't happen, rightfully this place is going to be a horrible toxic place, this is the fun bit.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's up to the states to set out rules for events and then it's up to the local authorities to approve individual concepts for particular events and locations. That's why a spike in the city of Munich got spectators banned again there for this weekend, but even other clubs in Bavaria might be completely unaffected by it. At least as far as Dortmund goes they only give out tickets to st holders from their state or even city and they apparently further enforce this with ID checks as well. Away fans are still banned anyway, so hypothetically Munich could have the entire city infected and it wouldn't necessarily affect clubs like Dortmund one bit.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
That's the most token response to any question ever. Imagine reading too much into it. Desperate muppets getting giddy for no real reason.
I was trying to work out what the tweet meant, too. I think the word "if" is what did it re. Haaland's response. Mental

Muppetry is a good ride, but this deal is just not happening. Until next summer

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
You’re looking at the wrong account, mate. You’ll find the interview with everyones favourite Jan Åge here:
The translation of the quotes are 100 percent correct. When that’s said and done, I wouldn’t read too much into it.
I'm not Norwegian but my ex of 5 years was so I understand quite a bit contextually (I learnt on and off Norwegian for a year or so).

He's basically saying that Jadon is a great player, and he has been great the entire preseason, that he will be a really important player for them.

But he says "men, om han blir, så blir jeg veldig fornøyd med det", which basically translates to, "but if he stays, so i will be very satisfied with it".

jackal&hyde

I'm not Norwegian but my ex of 5 years was so I understand quite a bit contextually (I learnt on and off Norwegian for a year or so).

He's basically saying that Jadon is a great player, and he has been great the entire preseason, that he will be a really important player for them.

But he says "men, om han blir, så blir jeg veldig fornøyd med det", which basically translates to, "but if he stays, so i will be very satisfied with it".
So it's like wishing him well as the new nr. 7 shirt Man United player then. I thought so.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
3 possible incoming scenarios :

1- We lose against Palace and we right away pay Sancho's fee.
2- We lose against Palace and its leaked to the press that we are close to hiring a DOF.
3- We win and Ole says that he is happy with the team .

Submit your vote.

Fridge chutney

Current odds of Sancho staying at Dortmund vs. coming to United.

Sancho to stay at Dortmund: 8/11
Sancho to join United: 1/1

Genuinely still seems up in the air at this point. Importantly, I don't think the United management have given up hope yet.

Chief123

2- We lose against Palace and its leaked to the press that we are close to hiring a DOF.

Submit your vote.
4. We win and sign Sancho.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Submit your vote.
4- we sign Sancho tomorrow and beat palace whilst he watches from the stands.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Submit your vote.
4. We beat Palace, beat Brighton and sign 2-3 more quality players

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Submit your vote.
We lose, Solskjaer races up the stands and headbutts Woodward with the power of 1000 suns.

diarm

5- Palace sign Sancho in a swap deal for Zaha and he scores a hattrick against us on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.