Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Spot on, even a PSG fan gets it more than our own board
He is talking nonsense though. Basically when we sign players we are lucky because someone else couldn't and when we don't sign players it's a joke because they chose someone else? He essentially described transfer dealings for every singly clubs on earth, no one gets all his preferred targets.

Squeaky Bumtime

He's a terrible pundit, and he's wrong there too.

We aren't just going to buy players for the sake of it. They have to fit a long term approach and want to play for the club. We have gone for 3 players outside of Sancho. One we got, one we (rightly) wouldn't accept a buyback clause and the final one wanted Liverpool.

This has nothing to do with board ineptitude. And as far as sancho goes, chill the feck out. Its a lot of money to consider for any club and it will rightly go to the wire.
It's baffling really, now all of a sudden all are experts on United transfers out in the media and apparently, according to them we were in for Bale, Thiago and who knows who else and suddenly Regulion is some star who we missed out on just cause of meaningless buy back clause.

Skåre Willoch

Sorry but potentially the 5th/6th most expensive transfer of all time can even be considered as a bargain is ,frankly,hilarious.
Ronaldo was by far the most expensive player in the world when RM bought him. Would you consider him a bargain? I know I would.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's baffling really, now all of a sudden all are experts on United transfers out in the media and apparently, according to them we were in for Bale, Thiago and who knows who else and suddenly Regulion is some star who we missed out on just cause of meaningless buy back clause.
Exactly. No club is going in for Sancho because simply put, they can't. We will go in with a limit in our heads, and suddenly its a massive issue.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He is talking nonsense though. Basically when we sign players we are lucky because someone else couldn't and when we don't sign players it's a joke because they chose someone else? He essentially described transfer dealings for every singly clubs on earth, no one gets all his preferred targets.
As a PSG fan, watching the conveyor belt of talent they had succeeding at other clubs, he should probably be more outraged at that.

All his examples were crap as well, he even used an example where we did get the player... Go figure.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He mentioned Halaand,which I was disappointed in us missing out on, but didn't his agent want a buyout clause in his deal similar to the one he's now got at BVB ?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sancho and his agent have got to take some responsibility for this too. Him signing or agreeing to add 1 more year on his current deal last summer has given Dortmund so much power.

Had he not done that he'd be looking at entering his last year of his deal the season after this and Dortmund would have less power to stand firm.

It's been an absolute mess all over tbh.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He mentioned Halaand,which I was disappointed in us missing out on, but didn't his agent want a buyout clause in his deal similar to the one he's now got at BVB ?
Yes and the clause will be active from summer 2021.

UncleBob

Yes, Raiola insisted on a buyout clause

Too which end they can get absolutely fecked.

JPRouve

Scout
As a PSG fan, watching the conveyor belt of talent they had succeeding at other clubs, he should probably be more outraged at that.

All his examples were crap as well, he even used an example where we did get the player... Go figure.
The man stated that Real Madrid couldn't sign him, therefore it doesn't count in favor of United. He doesn't even have the decency to critically think and tell himself that maybe if Real Madrid one of the wealthiest clubs can't sign a player, signing players isn't always easy? He says that it took United 18 months to sign Bruno, how long did it take for Real Madrid to sign Hazard and why no one else managed to sign Bruno during those 18 long months?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Let’s feck this off then. Get Traore and call Dortmund’s bluff. Tell them we’ll be back to pick him up for half the price next year.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think his wife works at the Arsenal too. Some PR or comms role. Maybe an agenda going on.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The man stated that Real Madrid couldn't sign him, therefore it doesn't count in favor of United. He doesn't even have the decency to critically think and tell himself that maybe if Real Madrid one of the wealthiest clubs can't sign a player, signing players isn't always easy? He says that it took United 18 months to sign Bruno, how long did it take for Real Madrid to sign Hazard and why no one else managed to sign Bruno during those 18 long months?
Yeah, proper jeb ends. On top of that conflating the Haaland and Gabriel situations. I'd expect this sort of stuff on talksport.

Rolaholic

What the feck are you on about
The brief from this morning doing the rounds on different outlets about the club being frustrated over fan backlash on social media

I guess because it's a journo and not a United fan saying it makes it not valid for some reason and we'll feign outrage and pretend that the same sentiment hasn't become widespread on here :lol::rolleyes:

roonster09

Scout
The brief from this morning doing the rounds on different outlets about the club being frustrated over fan backlash on social media

I guess because it's a journo and not a United fan saying it makes it not valid for some reason and we'll feign outrage and pretend that the same sentiment hasn't become widespread on here :lol::rolleyes:
Anyone apart from ESPN reported that?

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah, proper jeb ends. On top of that conflating the Haaland and Gabriel situations. I'd expect this sort of stuff on talksport.
ESPN isn't better than Talksport, we all know it but for some reason when they play to the gallery a part of the fanbase ignores it.

Eplel

Yes and the clause will be active from summer 2021.
Yes, Raiola insisted on a buyout clause

Too which end they can get absolutely fecked.
Worst case scenario in this is that we'd lose Haaland for 100m, enough to buy a replacement. Yeah it would suck to lose a player like that, but it sucks even more to not have the player at all and instead loan a player from the chinese league.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bayern have Lewandowski, so they won't. Madrid might. I think he might stay for 2 years before making the move.
Lewandowski is ageing like fine wine but he is turning 33 so I thought Haaland might be on the radar. Also forgot City but unsure if he's a Pep player.

Will be interesting to see how that develops, but yeah back to Sancho, I think the deal will be done before the window closes! :wenger:

That's objectively looking at it rather than as a transfer muppet. Dortmund do rely on match day revenue materially, and the change in covid cases in the past few weeks 100% puts back the stadium plans. They will need to be more cautious and might accept a discount or less preferential fee structure in the end.

JPRouve

Scout

ESPN sources aren't a brief and the club maybe thinking that negativity isn't ideal is not exactly ground breaking, we can all make that one up and the club most likely actually think that. The rest of their rants are nonsensical and when United fans share the same thoughts, we tell them that it's nonsensical.

roonster09

Scout
Worst case scenario in this is that we'd lose Haaland for 100m, enough to buy a replacement. Yeah it would suck to lose a player like that, but it sucks even more to not have the player at all and instead loan a player from the chinese league.
100 million? Clause is closer to half of that.

LisburnWhite

Why would anyone pay 100m when his buyout is £63m.
Jog on.

UncleBob

How the feck is 100mill the worst case scenario when the buyout clause is almost half of that

roonster09

Scout
Fair enough, i though it was around 90, but 70 is not a bad amount either.
It will be if we have to play him, develop him and lose for low fee while we also stall players like Martial, Greenwood. It will be worth it if he helps us to win CLs, PL but we are not there yet.

If we lose players, it should be under our terms. Anyways this has been done 100 times in Haaland thread, so not the thread for this.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Now, I'm alittle miffed on most things relating to United transfer wise, plus I'm still more concerned about the players we need to move on than the ones we're potentially bringing in as replacements, but these journo do play to the crowd far too often for my liking and are far too loose with the facts, purposefully in most cases.

The lemmings on twitter will lap it up though.
Zero quality control on that site which is why I dont go near it.

Giggsy13

He's a terrible pundit, and he's wrong there too.

We aren't just going to buy players for the sake of it. They have to fit a long term approach and want to play for the club. We have gone for 3 players outside of Sancho. One we got, one we (rightly) wouldn't accept a buyback clause and the final one wanted Liverpool.

This has nothing to do with board ineptitude. And as far as sancho goes, chill the feck out. Its a lot of money to consider for any club and it will rightly go to the wire.
You’re right and Ole has presented long term options to the board in Bellingham, Haaland and Sancho and they’re going to fail on all 3. That’s on Ed for failing to get 3 young exciting players to this team. Ole clearly sounded out all 3 about their interest and they passed the first test. All of them are/were interested in joining but the club ultimately failed to do its job in getting the deals over the line.

The united board is tone deaf and comically hypocritical. Demanding a Covid discount for Sancho but failing to to give one to Roma for Smalling, and now complaining of the toxic nature of twitter yet boasting about our social media presence.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Laurens is also the same guy who had a hilarious yet embarrassing unprofessional meltdown when United knocked PSG out of the CL in 018. He ain't no friend of ours.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Laurens is also the same guy who had a hilarious yet embarrassing unprofessional meltdown when United knocked PSG out of the CL in 018. He ain't no friend of ours.
The fact he says “who do they think they are?” When talking about us rejecting buyout clauses from Real Madrid tells you everything you need to know about him.

Darlington Padgett

Lots of people saying BVB don't have to or dont want to sell Sancho. And yet Woodward is prepared to take this to the wire to get the best deal. That implies that he knows from his sources that BVB must sell this summer, so just a case of waiting it out to get a deal he can afford.
Off to Bayern or Real at that stage I'm sure.
Madrid will have to break the bank for Mbappe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.