Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

It's interesting that Ole didn't say he's happy with what we have like almost all of last year. Now no one can blame him if we don't sign anyone.

MDFC Manager

Still don't think it'll happen, and if it does it's ridiculous we've let it drag this long.

We've known all along the fee it'd take. It's either within our budget or not.
That's a bit of a silly view in my view. Or are you suggesting we should never sit down to negotiate with the selling clubs?

Chief123

But that's going off his Dortmund form which can't be compared really. He looks incredible for them without question. Playing for England he's never stood out as much for me. In fact in the games I have seen Rashford n Sancho play for England alone I think Rashford has been slightly more impressive of the two overall.
Yes of course, we always have that caveat that he hasn't been tested in the Prem which is why its always hard to compare two players who have played in different leagues. But all we can base our judgement on is how he performs with whats in front of him. His style of play and the skill he shows makes me believe he would be able to produce that anywhere. It would take him some time to adjust to the league but I genuinely believe he has the ability to overcome any opponent in front of him.

I know a lot of fans have written him off due to his recent performances for England. However, I always take the England performances with a pinch of salt because it's a problem that not just Sancho has experienced. This has been common for many years with England whereby players just do not produce for England as they do for their clubs. I look at the likes of Sterling, Kane and Rashford all of which have shown glimpses of quality for England but have not performed as they have for their clubs. Sterling for me has been world class last couple of years for City. But for England he's just been "decent" at times. We haven't had a fluid, solid setup for England for a long time. Every few months its always different players coming in and out.

Anyhow, I genuinely believe Sancho has the quality to perfrom and excel in any league in the world. He will always have doubters until he goes to that league and demonstrates what he can do.

RUCK4444

It's interesting that Ole didn't say he's happy with what we have like almost all of last year. Now no one can blame him if we don't sign anyone.
I believe Ole is the one fundamental reason why we have dogmatically focused on this one player rather than others. He knows what he wants and he won't settle for less. I absolutely back him on that.

Ole is a fan of the club as much as any of us, he knows what's best for the team and this kid ticks every. single. box. and then some. We have to get it done. No excuses.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ronaldo was desperate to play for Real Madrid. He never threw his toys out of the pram though. Some players do act professional.
What? Ronaldo said that he is slave here and was crying and moaning about that transfer. Lets not rewrite history now.

Chief123

I really admire how Martial plays and he doesn't get enough credit from our fanbase. If there is supply that guy scores and reminds me so much of the Brazilian ronaldo the way he plays.
Mason and Martial definitely lie close in talent to Sancho, I just don't have much confidence in Rashford's ability, he should be more of a coming from the bench to make an impact player. He is who we need to replace Sancho with on the left.
I agree with pretty much every point except the last one. Martial for me is absolutely brilliant and the perfect striker for what we need in terms of the fluid interchanging style of football we are trying to play. He is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. If we do bring Sancho in, I do agree that Rashford is at the bottom of the pecking order out of the 4 forwards we would have. The only reason I would disagree and say Sancho needs to start instead of Greenwood is simply because Greenwood is only 18. If Greenwood was developed and was now 23/24 years old, then Rashford would be the one that misses out for me. But we just can't expect to put that amount of pressure on Greenwood. His transition into the team has been perfect so far and should continue to be in and out of the team. Ultimately, long term Sancho, Martial and Greenwood is our best strike force. Possibly with Martial from the left, Greenwood central and Sancho right.

Chief123

What? Ronaldo said that he is slave here and was crying and moaning about that transfer. Lets not rewrite history now.
I think you're forgetting Ronaldo wanted to leave the year before he did, but he accepted that Utd wanted to keep him for at least one more season. He did not throw his toys out of the pram and continued as a professional. The original poster stated that if a player doesn't throw their toys out of the pram, it means they don't want the transfer enough which is nonsense. There are still players who remain professional.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ronaldo was abit of a whiny sod on the pitch, though, in 2009.
He never looked happy staying another year here.

Rajat Jain

People see what they want to see I guess.
I agree with pretty much every point except the last one. Martial for me is absolutely brilliant and the perfect striker for what we need in terms of the fluid interchanging style of football we are trying to play. He is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. If we do bring Sancho in, I do agree that Rashford is at the bottom of the pecking order out of the 4 forwards we would have. The only reason I would disagree and say Sancho needs to start instead of Greenwood is simply because Greenwood is only 18. If Greenwood was developed and was now 23/24 years old, then Rashford would be the one that misses out for me. But we just can't expect to put that amount of pressure on Greenwood. His transition into the team has been perfect so far and should continue to be in and out of the team. Ultimately, long term Sancho, Martial and Greenwood is our best strike force. Possibly with Martial from the left, Greenwood central and Sancho right.
My major motivation to put Rashford on the bench is not his talent, we all believe he's a good player, but he's been starting for us probably for the past 5 seasons regularly. he has been unchallenged for most of this time and we really need to give him a kick in the backside to actually reach his true potential. It's my personal opinion that he has become complacent and Martial who has been in and out of the team has finally benefitted from being showered upon with a manager's full trust and commitment.

But yes Greenwood needs to be interchanged regularly or else he'll become another Rashford, a good player but just not achieving their true potential.

Martial on the left as an inside forward or second striker role, with an attacking left back covering the width, while Sancho holding the width on the right along with Mason in the middle would be absolutely devastating for any team to face.

You can't let your fullbacks be isolated or they'll just run past you and if mason gets the ball anywhere he'll work the goalkeeper. One of the best in Europe probably

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
My major motivation to put Rashford on the bench is not his talent, we all believe he's a good player, but he's been starting for us probably for the past 5 seasons regularly. he has been unchallenged for most of this time and we really need to give him a kick in the backside to actually reach his true potential. It's my personal opinion that he has become complacent and Martial who has been in and out of the team has finally benefitted from being showered upon with a manager's full trust and commitment.

But yes Greenwood needs to be interchanged regularly or else he'll become another Rashford, a good player but just not achieving their true potential.
Didn't Rashford get just one less goal than Martial last season?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Rashford didn't have competition? Rashford and Martial competed for same spot for 2.5 years. It was only under Ole they played regularly.

Also Martial was not in and out of the team, just like Rashford he is first choice player whenever he is fit.

Mihai

It's not their (or the DFL's in this case) decision. They cannot prevent the clubs from letting fans into the stadium. It already happened at the weekend in the cup matches where regulations wildly differed. Some were played behind closed doors, some in front of 500 spectators, others with 3000, 5000 or even 10000 fans. Clubs can come to an agreement amongst themselves and they, in cooperation with the states, sort of have with the 20% capacity limit but that is only a general guideline and not binding.

With the city of Munich today deciding that the Bundesliga opener will be played without fans tomorrow, we are definitely going to have an uneven playing field as Dortmund for example will have 10,000 in and Leipzig 8,500.
Thank you for your brilliant reply :smirk:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think you're forgetting Ronaldo wanted to leave the year before he did, but he accepted that Utd wanted to keep him for at least one more season. He did not throw his toys out of the pram and continued as a professional. The original poster stated that if a player doesn't throw their toys out of the pram, it means they don't want the transfer enough which is nonsense. There are still players who remain professional.
I know that mods are not happy when we spam this thread with other stuff but i must say that Ronaldo's slave comments were year before (2008), not 2009 as you think. Ronaldo did everything to go on Real.
And now back to topic; if Sancho really wants to come, he should do the same. Sure, fans will label him as a prick but his new fans will love him. :)

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The board will end up telling Solskjaer if he makes top 4 next year he will get Sancho at this rate.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Can anyone verify this? Do MUTV talk about transfer speculation?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This narrative that we are being taken for a ride or it’s somehow an unfair valuation is ridiculous. He’s arguably the best player in the world in his age group ffs. It’s such a no brainer deal. So many factors are in our favour all we have to do is pay.

Chief123

I know that mods are not happy when we spam this thread with other stuff but i must say that Ronaldo's slave comments were year before (2008), not 2009 as you think. Ronaldo did everything to go on Real.
And now back to topic; if Sancho really wants to come, he should do the same. Sure, fans will label him as a prick but his new fans will love him. :)
Although we’d love Sancho to kick up a fuss so he can get his move to us, it’s not really the kind of character you want at the club because he could end up doing that to us one day. It’s actually a good sign he is respecting the situation. Right now the ball is in Utd’s court not Sancho’s.

Chief123

The argument that’s he’s overpriced is quietly simply a load of crap. He’s a bargain.
What’s ironic is these pundits are saying he would be an absolutely fantastic signing for anyone and he’s an amazing player, but then say we should dictate what we wanna pay and not get taken to the cleaners. 120m euro is a damn fair price. You don’t get fantastic players for easy money.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
What’s ironic is these pundits are saying he would be an absolutely fantastic signing for anyone and he’s an amazing player, but then say we should dictate what we wanna pay and not get taken to the cleaners. 120m euro is a damn fair price. You don’t get fantastic players for easy money.
Agreed, the £108M is fair, and it shows the ambition of the club to only sign VDB currently where every other team is strengthening, Top 4 will be a push next year, the Glazers don't really care as it's their cash cow.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The argument that’s he’s overpriced is quietly simply a load of crap. He’s a bargain.
Bargain is a stretch but 120m is in my opinion fair, the only question mark for me is how much Dortmund wants upfront and if we have that sum. If anyone within the club think that Sancho should genuinely go for significantly less than 120m then they need to wake up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The argument that’s he’s overpriced is quite simply a load of crap. He’s a bargain.
He's many things and would definitely improve us but a bargain at 120m euros is definitely not one of them. Absolute madness to suggest that us breaking our record transfer by nearly £20m on a 20 year old is a 'bargain'.

For me he's a tad overpriced if anything. Doesn't mean i don't want us to sign him because I do but I don't think he's warranted a 120m euro fee yet. KDB had done just as much as he has for Wolfsburg and went for 60m for example. Liverpool paid between 30 and 40m for Salah n Mane.

Our fans don't seem to grasp just how much £108m (120m euro) is. Not to forget agent fees added on too. This is a very expensive deal and why it's proving difficult.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sorry but potentially the 5th/6th most expensive transfer of all time can even be considered as a bargain is ,frankly,hilarious.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sorry but potentially the 5th/6th most expensive transfer of all time can even be considered as a bargain is ,frankly,hilarious.
Depends on who that player is. It's all relative to who is in the debate.

Assuming he were to move for the reported £108m, that would put him behind Joao Felix, Coutinho, Hazard, Mbappe and Neymar on the list of all time transfers.

From that list, and taking into consideration the player who he is now and his potential to develop, I'd pick him over Felix, Coutinho and Hazard comfortably.

The players he'd be immediately surpassing on the list are Giezmann, Dembele, Pogba and Havertz. I think he surpasses those too.

Hoof the ball

I'm not having Sarr as an alternative. What a disappointment that'd be. And for all those talking about him succeeding because it's like Mane. It's not. Mane was talented, with Southampton. Fast, quick, but very accurate dribbler, good technique, clean passer and good finisher. Watch any Sarr Youtube video, and not the "highlights" ones, but the Sarr vs. Random club ones where it shows every touch and just look how sloppy his play is.

If not Sancho, then certainly not Sarr.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Spot on, even a PSG fan gets it more than our own board
What do you expect from this inept board? Of course they are out of touch with the fans, they have different priorities to them.
He's a terrible pundit, and he's wrong there too.

We aren't just going to buy players for the sake of it. They have to fit a long term approach and want to play for the club. We have gone for 3 players outside of Sancho. One we got, one we (rightly) wouldn't accept a buyback clause and the final one wanted Liverpool.

This has nothing to do with board ineptitude. And as far as sancho goes, chill the feck out. Its a lot of money to consider for any club and it will rightly go to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.