Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Loads of people are calling Woodward Woodwank on Twitter ffs :lol: :lol: Please make it trend. Please make it trend:lol:

Lebo

Well except for the fact that none of that is true.

- Liverpool decimated Barcelona on their way to win the CL the season in 2019.
- Spurs beat Dortmund in the knockout rounds in 2019 and reached the final beating a great Ajax team that beat Madrid and Juventus.
- Liverpool reached the CL final in 2018.

Name three players better than Sancho in the Dortmund team who play in his position. Otherwise your logic implies that we should buy Saul Niguez instead of Oblak to play in goal. Putting the point about buying a player for a particular position aside, can you even name three players, irrespective of position, who are better than Sancho at Dortmund?

What exactly is your point? He scored 17 goals last season, so of course he has the capability to score 20 goals in a United shirt.

Pogba was voted in the Serie A team of the year for three of those years. He also plays in a different position to those two players, so again, you are comparing players of different positions and complaining that we aren't signing them.

The last time United played Juventus, they won 2-1 in 2018.
The last time United played Dortmund competitively was in 1997.
Spurs beat Dortmund on their way to the CL final in 2019 and the group stage of 2018.
Arsenal beat Dortmund in one of the two fixtures each time in the group stages of the CL in 2014 and 2015.

Of the top ten highest football transfer fees, English clubs feature only once as the buying club and similarly Barcelona 3 times. Apart from those clubs, since 2016, Bayern Munich, Inter, Juventus, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and PSG have all spent greater than €80m on a single transfer. The later four all spent $100m on a single transfer. Since those >$100m transfers, none of those four clubs won the CL. Juventus and Dortmund last won the CL in 1996 and 1997 respectively. United won two CL trophies since then.
James was never signed to be a starter Van De Beek is yet to play for us , Fernandes was signed in winter .So it was just two signings for the first team last summer and another in winter .We don't need another 5 new signings to compete Just Sancho and another fullback and some luck with injuries we should be competitive in the league. Your point about overpaying is correct but needing another 5 players to challenge isn't.
Well a lot of people seem to believe that we need Sancho, DM, LWB, CB and backup for Martial. But I agree with you that we should compete with the above mentioned

GJNJ

Why are people always pressing to close threads because they don’t think it will happen. Just don’t visit the thread. Am I missing something?

Bratt

This thread should be locked, when was the last decent update?
Should've been locked weeks ago, there's been several posts of utter drivel to get it to the magical 1k pages, yet nothing substantial has happened in a month, possibly two.
Here’s a little advice, ignore the thread, and if you see a tweet with a decent update in the transfer tweet thread - unignore it again.
I really don’t see the point in all this thread locking mania.
And btw. this is on like donkey fecking kong.:devil:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Why are people always pressing to close threads because they don’t think it will happen. Just don’t visit the thread. Am I missing something?
The caf is a dark place these days. Its more fun to watch the players laugh and have fun in the training vids. If they re happy - I'm happy.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Just spoke to Jadon Sancho and Ed Woodward in our Whatsapp group "Transfer to United", they told me it is a work in progress.

Why am I in that group? You may ask.

Good question? Is my reply.

Fridge chutney

Bookie odds improving for Sancho to United, slightly...

Sancho to remain at Dortmund: 10/11
Sancho to join United: 4/5

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pep on Maguire: Maguire is an excellent, top-class player,” Guardiola said. “We were interested but we could not afford him. United could afford him. He's strong in the air, good with the ball, he can drive with the ball and he's so fast.
I believe Pep wanted Maguire but the cost reference was a clever deflection to imply he has budgetary constraints and an attempt to boost his achievements.

He is the ultimate cheque book manager and only knows how to drive a Ferrari. Good for him that he has a market for employment but he isn’t a managerial genius like SAF, Klopp or Mourinho in his early days.

Last edited:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Should've been locked weeks ago, there's been several posts of utter drivel to get it to the magical 1k pages, yet nothing substantial has happened in a month, possibly two.
I'm not sure. I have made a couple of posts to that effect over the last couple of days, but just sardonically reflecting the fact we're in touching distance of breaking the page record set by the Pogba transfer thread, based almost purely on vacuous content.

I think at least with the Pogba thread, the whole 'let's reach 1,000 pages' aspect, was just a bit of a laugh and although pretty dumb was founded on overall optimism. In this case it probably just signifies accepting one's fate.

Andersons Dietician

Kroos, Fabregas, Sergio Ramos, Perisic, Hazard, Griezmann and probably Sancho also say hello. So what, we should congratulate the board for signing some players? Not really the point is it. It's about the players we missed out on due to a lack of ambition and penny pinching. To say when we want a target we get a target is truly delusional. When was the last time we beat serious competition to sign a player? All recent signings we were the only big fish in the pond.
Fabregas I’ll give you. We decided not to move on Kroos. We were never in for Ramos, ever. Same for Peresic. Hazard we again pulled out due to agent fees. Griezman I’m not really convinced we were in for when it actually came time to try and fight for him.

Madrid wanted Pogba, beat them. Chelsea wanted Lukaku we beat them. City wanted Fred we beat them, Chelsea wanted Shaw we beat them.

bsCallout

Fabregas I’ll give you. We decided not to move on Kroos. We were never in for Ramos, ever. Same for Peresic. Hazard we again pulled out due to agent fees. Griezman I’m not really convinced we were in for when it actually came time to try and fight for him.

Madrid wanted Pogba, beat them. Chelsea wanted Lukaku we beat them. City wanted Fred we beat them, Chelsea wanted Shaw we beat them.
We often aren't in for lots of these players. We enquire so we know whether it is a good deal worth taking the punt on.

UncleBob

That depends entirely on the season he has and the subsequent Euros, I would say (for certain).

If he goes up a level in terms of performance from what we've seen thus far, there's no chance his price remains £108m. Dortmund are prudent to take that risk as he's not going to plummet significantly in the other direction unless he has a serious injury.
Kroos, Fabregas, Sergio Ramos, Perisic, Hazard, Griezmann and probably Sancho also say hello. So what, we should congratulate the board for signing some players? Not really the point is it. It's about the players we missed out on due to a lack of ambition and penny pinching. To say when we want a target we get a target is truly delusional. When was the last time we beat serious competition to sign a player? All recent signings we were the only big fish in the pond.
You seem somewhat clueless...

matt10000

I believe Pep wanted Maguire but the cost reference was a clever deflection to aimply he has budgetary constraints and an attempt to boost his achievements. He is the ultimate cheque book manager and only knows how to drive a Ferrari. Good for him that he has a market for employment but he isn’t a managerial genius like SAF Klopp or even like Mourinho was in his early days.
Couldn’t agree more

Status
Not open for further replies.