g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

subotai

Sorry if this has been posted before, and double sorry to neg anyone's mood. Could the club be hedging against the threat of a second C19 wave?

Abdullah7

Thanks for posting the tweet. Nothing new but at least we're still in it. I had some doubts last season before Maguire signed eventually. I wasn't thrilled as I knew the gaping hole in our number 10 department would be crucial. I like the fact we have our priorities straight and I believe some of us might be shocked of the outcome as the deadline keeps creeping in.

No matter how you spin it, everything in this saga points to a done deal conclusion. Some of us are getting carried away seeing our rivals signing players left, right and on the get go. Just focus on United and it shall be alright.

I feel the whole briefing was to assure the fans that he's our top target and that we're working on it and soon enough it will be finalized. megabucks deals tend to take longer.

I've never been so sure of transfer coming through like this one. The club shut down the Dybala swap immediately and didn't give the Eriksen one time to grow some legs.

I have huge hate towards our owners and ceo but not enough to stop me from believing that Sancho shall be a Red 'inshAllah' in this window.

Happy Sancho day forever and ever.

SATA

Thanks for posting the tweet. Nothing new but at least we're still in it. I had some doubts last season before Maguire signed eventually. I wasn't thrilled as I knew the gaping hole in our number 10 department would be crucial. I like the fact we have our priorities straight and I believe some of us might be shocked of the outcome as the deadline keeps creeping in.

No matter how you spin it, everything in this saga points to a done deal conclusion. Some of us are getting carried away seeing our rivals signing players left, right and on the get go. Just focus on United and it shall be alright.

I feel the whole briefing was to assure the fans that he's our top target and that we're working on it and soon enough it will be finalized. megabucks deals tend to take longer.

I've never been so sure of transfer coming through like this one. The club shut down the Dybala swap immediately and didn't give the Eriksen one time to grow some legs.

I have huge hate towards our owners and ceo but not enough to stop me from believing that Sancho shall be a Red 'inshAllah' in this window.

Happy Sancho days forever and ever.
I enjoyed reading that. Good man!

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
This thread is about 20 pages away from reaching the Coronavirus/Lockdown thread. Just to put things in perspective...

Dortmund would not sell us a virus unfortunately.

Cloud7

This thread is about 20 pages away from reaching the Coronavirus/Lockdown thread. Just to put things in perspective...

Dortmund would not sell us a virus unfortunately.
Good that we know where our priorities are.

cptkeane1993

missed you olly
Yeah, Ole's back at the wheel as we go into his second full season. Let's go, Ole!

And yes, Sancho is on until it's Oct 5th. It's not 100% but I trust we're trying hard to close it out. Centre-back was our key priority last summer, we got Maguire over the line (late), then No. 10 was our next big priority and we got Bruno in (late), now everyone and his dog knows RW is our priority this summer, so...

USREDEVIL

I'm probably being a bit dramatic, but if we do not sign Sancho this will be the most epic transfer disaster in recent memory. A true turning point for us. And who knows what our young and promising players will be thinking about the club's ambitions going forward. Might make them think twice about their United future. It's happened before.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm probably being a bit dramatic, but if we do not sign Sancho this will be the most epic transfer disaster in recent memory. A true turning point for us. And who knows what our young and promising players will be thinking about the club's ambitions going forward. Might make them think twice about their United future. It's happened before.
It's not dramatic, if this is still going by October 5th and ends in us not signing him then it will be without doubt the most embarrassing non-transfer of all time

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sorry if this has been posted before, and double sorry to neg anyone's mood. Could the club be hedging against the threat of a second C19 wave?
Second wave won’t matter. Fans aren’t getting into arenas anytime soon and I doubt league would stop even with second wave.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's not dramatic, if this is still going by October 5th and ends in us not signing him then it will be without doubt the most embarrassing non-transfer of all time
How? Teams are being priced out of moves all the time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol: :lol:

"Pexbo wins the thread? Just a sec!"

Welcome back! This thread needs some Olly!!
It’s a bloody blessing and an honour for that post to be thoroughly overshadowed by the GOAT himself returning to form.

Great to see you back @Olly Gunnar Solskjær, it’s not been the same without you x

Amerifan

Wow. Your name wouldn’t happen to be Karen, would it?

GBBQ

Is not signing one of the most talented players out there from a club notorious for standing firm on their asking price wouldn’t be the biggest disaster ever. It would be a missed opportunity for sure but the disaster will be if we don’t have a half decent alternative lined up.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yes. 100%. This is massively uncertain time to be spending a lot of money and this is the gamble that every club has to consider taking.

£100m could very easily be worth twice that much next summer in relative terms, but we know that fans are impatient and United will certainly be benefitting from our fixed income which is very strong.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Failing to sign a player is not an epic disaster. Signing a player that doesn't work out is a bigger issue.

I really don't understand why people are hammering the club so much about this one. Its a giant transfer fee, and yes I agree that this one looks a sure thing in terms of getting what you pay for, but even so i just think United have a deep set belief that at some point during this window Dortmund are going to wilt and we get that reduction.

Stretender

Absolutely, 100%.....
Summer after Summer, it's the same old nonsense from United.
Top class player available in a position we need to fill, and he goes to a rival, then United always washing their hands of each failing saying "we weren't in for that player"......
Why the heck were you not in for him...??
What is his concern anyway? Shouldn't he be talking about Neymar racism story. Pointless chat. The only frustrated United fans are the twitter maniacs.
It's baffling really, now all of a sudden all are experts on United transfers out in the media and apparently, according to them we were in for Bale, Thiago and who knows who else and suddenly Regulion is some star who we missed out on just cause of meaningless buy back clause.
Its stupid isn't it? According to the pundits and Twitter experts if United dont spend a record transfer fee they are useless. Does the transfer market need United spending big to validate it? It looks like they are all bored and want United to spend for the sake of it or just for news value.
Failing to sign a player is not an epic disaster. Signing a player that doesn't work out is a bigger issue.

I really don't understand why people are hammering the club so much about this one. Its a giant transfer fee, and yes I agree that this one looks a sure thing in terms of getting what you pay for, but even so i just think United have a deep set belief that at some point during this window Dortmund are going to wilt and we get that reduction.
Spot on.

Epic Disaster = Alexis Sanchez signing at United.

No distaster= failing to sign a 120 million pound Unproven footballer.

Some people on here need to get a grip. Sancho is not Messi or Ronaldo. Just pipe down. Good player and all that but lets not get dramatic.

Also people are forgetting about the disciplinary side of Sancho. He failed to turn up for training for some days when Pep told him he was not going on pre season.

Granted he was angry at being dropped from the tour, but as a professional you turn up for training, because the club are still paying you.

People on here conveniently ignore these things. I like the player but I think he has some issues.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How many pages until this thread breaks some sort of record (Sneijder thread perhaps) ?

Artimities

What really chaps my ass is the fact that all of the top Premier League clubs have significantly improved this window, and honestly up to this point what we have done is unacceptable! Pisspoor

Status
Not open for further replies.