Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler

Without sounding like a dick. How the hell do you know any of what you said is true ? Simple answer you don't
Well yes cant be 100 percent sure obviously but based on the reports and what makes sense. Id believe this is the case. I don't think anybody knows anything for sure here. Even if a club briefs something, it really doesn't make it true.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
We will sign him on the last day of the window, saving ~£3m in wages, effectively meaning we got him for £105m rather than the extortionate 108.

Another financial masterclass from Eddard of the house Berk.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
yes, Pogba, Maguire,Bissaka, Bruno all say hello. Normally when we want a target we get a target.

He brings up Haaland. We refused to let him have a buyback, he brings up Reguilon, we refused a buy back. He is falling in the trap of trying to make it sound like all the rubbish stories of us being in for Thiago and Bale are true when they make absolutely no sense.

He is a terrible pundit. Always has been.
Kroos, Fabregas, Sergio Ramos, Perisic, Hazard, Griezmann and probably Sancho also say hello. So what, we should congratulate the board for signing some players? Not really the point is it. It's about the players we missed out on due to a lack of ambition and penny pinching. To say when we want a target we get a target is truly delusional. When was the last time we beat serious competition to sign a player? All recent signings we were the only big fish in the pond.

Posh Red

Kroos, Fabregas, Sergio Ramos, Perisic, Hazard, Griezmann and probably Sancho also say hello. So what, we should congratulate the board for signing some players? Not really the point is it. It's about the players we missed out on due to a lack of ambition and penny pinching. To say when we want a target we get a target is truly delusional. When was the last time we beat serious competition to sign a player? All recent signings we were the only big fish in the pond.
Pep on Maguire: Maguire is an excellent, top-class player,” Guardiola said. “We were interested but we could not afford him. United could afford him. He's strong in the air, good with the ball, he can drive with the ball and he's so fast.

monosierra

And that's fine - we can't compete with Madrid on prestige and even City/Pool on player development. United still offers domestic prestige, high wages, and competitiveness in Europe if we make it. Heck, when Kroos said Madrid was a class higher than Bayern when he left Bayern for Madrid. Pool has managed to rebuild their reputation after 2 decades of feeding off 80s romanticism. Hopefully we don't fall into such a trap.

Redo91

Pep on Maguire: Maguire is an excellent, top-class player,” Guardiola said. “We were interested but we could not afford him. United could afford him. He's strong in the air, good with the ball, he can drive with the ball and he's so fast.
Maguire? Fast?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We won't pay 20m euros for Telles. Only logical explanation is we've spent it all in this lad. I'm back in :devil:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You are quite clueless aren't you?

Kroos was a LVG feck up if I remember correctly, Griezmann pulled out on a potential deal by committing to Atleti during their transfer ban, Ramos used us to haggle a better contract with Real.

How fecking naeve can people get, really? We have a tremendous track record of getting the player we want provided they want to join.

Last edited:

CG1010

Reguilon was close to United. Him going to Spurs doesnt make it not true. And Sancho has agreed terms with United, only thing that is not agreed by this point is the fee with Dortmund.
Well regardless it's worthwhile reminder to not pay too much attention to what he is saying. It doesn't mean much either ways .

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So your problem is that United doesn't get every single players they are linked to? And that we haven't been involved in a competition for a player recently enough, the last time was Maguire, the previous time it was Sanchez, the one before Lukaku and the one before Pogba. So essentially one every year since 2016.

Nicoseth

You are quite clueless aren't you?

Kroos was a Moyes feck up if I remember correctly, Griezmann pulled out on a potential deal by committing to Atleti during their transfer ban, Ramos used us to haggle a better contract with Real.

How fecking naeve can people get, really? We have a tremendous track record of getting the player we want provided they want to join.
Okay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicoseth

So your problem is that United doesn't get every single players they are linked to? And that we haven't been involved in a competition for a player recently enough, the last time was Maguire, the previous time it was Sanchez, the one before Lukaku and the one before Pogba. So essentially one every year since 2016.
Never said anything about getting every single player we're in for - that's ridiculous. And the list of players we've been linked with wouldn't fit on this page. I'm agreeing with Julien Laurens saying that fans have a right to be frustrated at how our transfers are handled and how we have shown a lack of ambition. If you disagree - cool. That's why we're here.

FizzyWomack

BVB first league game tomorrow and we haven’t put in a bid or to even test some waters. What the feck is going on?
What’s going on?

Right now ..

We are all in full panic mode.

Muppets (me included) bracing ourselves for no more signings.

Ed is in his jacuzzi, having a glass of bubbly with his missus laughing as the sun goes down.

Ole is staring at the ceiling wondering what else he can do.

This is the reality.

JPRouve

Scout
Never said anything about getting every single player we're in for - that's ridiculous. And the list of players we've been linked with wouldn't fit on this page. I'm agreeing with Julien Laurens saying that fans have a right to be frustrated at how our transfers are handled and how we have shown a lack of ambition. If you disagree - cool. That's why we're here.
Fans have a right to be frustrated but everything laurens said was nonsense. Neither you nor him can support it with facts. And it takes the cake when he talks about VDB and downplay the fact that United were able to land him despite Real Madrid interest, if the roles were reversed he would have lambasted United for being unable to purchase a relatively cheap player they allegedly had an agreement with.

If you want to be frustrated about the club, be frustrated about our actual issues like our inability to build a coherent squad over the last 7 years, our inability to bring a top upcoming manager, our inabilitiy to maximize the massive investments made in terms of transfers and wages. Don't agree with idiotic takes from Laurens that are quite obviously wrong or contradictory.

Nicoseth

Fans have a right to be frustrated but everything laurens said was nonsense. Neither you nor him can support it with facts. And it takes the cake when he talks about VDB and downplay the fact that United were able to land him despite Real Madrid interest, if the roles were reversed he would have lambasted United for being unable to purchase a relatively cheap player they allegedly had an agreement with.

If you want to be frustrated about the club, be frustrated about our actual issues like our inability to build a coherent squad over the last 7 years, our inability to bring a top upcoming manager, our inabilitiy to maximize the massive investments made in terms of transfers and wages. Don't agree with idiotic takes from Laurens that are quite obviously wrong or contradictory.
I think a lot of what you said is fair enough but again, a lot is about individual opinion. You say that he downplays VDB despite RM interest - everyone knows he'd be there now if it weren't for COVID. I also disagree with you on the manager point. I think Ole can absolutely be that upcoming manager. I think he's shown much more promise than the big names that preceded him and part of the frustration is that he is not being backed as many think he should. But again, my opinion, not everyone's.

JPRouve

Scout
I think a lot of what you said is fair enough but again, a lot is about individual opinion. You say that he downplays VDB despite RM interest - everyone knows he'd be there now if it weren't for COVID. I also disagree with you on the manager point. I think Ole can absolutely be that upcoming manager. I think he's shown much more promise than the big names that preceded him and part of the frustration is that he is not being backed as many think he should. But again, my opinion, not everyone's.
Why does that information is accepted for Real Madrid and not for United?

Edit: You need to support your opinions with facts though, you can't just make a critical statement and not support it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The penny pinching on other transfers means, we are trying to get the money for this signing. While I don't see a problem with that, I just wish the club move bit faster on this.

croadyman

It's all going according to plan.

You lot seem to forget we're a club run by marketing managers and bankers, not footballing People....

We're just draaaaging this on so we can have the last say!

Pool are sharing their day with Tottenham...Bale....Thiago...

They are now peaking on all the social media.

We, however, are playing the waiting game.

Oh how our marketing department are enjoying this....come tomorrow, its gonna start buzzing...then slooowly building it up, and then BOOM! SANCHO! BANG BANG!

We are so winning this marketing Premiership league!
Well according to what Mitten said we really care about the hype that transfers cause on social media, wow we really have become who cares more about clicks than the fans feelings which quite frankly is a disgrace

Member 101269

Muddypuddle spend more than us, and they have no money... who, allegedly, did they rob?

Well according to what Mitten said we really care about the hype that transfers cause on social media, wow we really have become who cares more about clicks than the fans feelings which quite frankly is a disgrace
Is that woodys genius; the "hope", the emotional rollercoaster he subjects fans to for them to pony up more money..

Status
Not open for further replies.