Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comet49

it’s like a soap opera, have only seen him play for England and it seems a lot of money but he’s great for his team. I think it needs to be now if they’re gonna get him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
They made an operating loss of over 80m, they rely on player sales to balance the books; Probably closer to 100m in 20/21

Looks like there going to sell a big player either in the next 10 days or before June 30th next summer.
But...

In fact, #BVB debt of €12m in 2018/19 was one of the lowest in all of Europe. To place this into perspective, four clubs had more than €450m debt: #THFC €746m, #MUFC €580m, Juventus €473m and Inter €461m.
The low amount of interest payable (€2m in 2019) has helped #BVB in the turnaround from their former financial problems. In stark contrast, five leading clubs had net interest above €25m in 2018/19: Inter €29m, #THFC €29m, Roma €25m, Atletico Madrid €28m and #MUFC €26m.
Total liabilities include bank debt, transfer debt, tax liabilities, trade creditors, staff debt, provisions, accrued expenses and even deferred income. Here, #BVB €145m was the lowest in the 2018/19 Money League. The likes of #THFC, #MUFC and Barcelona owed more than €1.2 bln.
They can just loan money from a bank, just like all the other clubs are doing. They don't have to sell anybody. If they would, they wouldn't have signed Bellingham to begin with this window.

AJ Bullet

One way or another we're getting an epic end to the window, huge meltdown in one direction or another.

Rooney1987

I'm not saying United will get him. Good chance they won't.

But that means nothing to me. Doesn't make sense if they've told United that and United are still briefing that they're going to bid this week.

If I'm using my common sense, Sancho will need to go public in his desire to leave this week. Then Dortmund can say they had no desire to sell before the player asked to leave.

Who knows though. Let's see. Lots of twists this week I feel.
Also looking at that video the Sky journo is in Dortmund. Seems odd to send a jounro to just say that if they didn't expect anything else to happen.

No Love

Why has Gary Cotteril gone all the way to Dortmund to be told he isn’t for sale...could he not have used email? :lol:
He’s a fecking chancer, that one. Was out in Portugal about three/four weeks before Bruno signed, if I remember correctly. Can’t blame him, in fairness. :lol:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why has Gary Cotteril gone all the way to Dortmund to be told he isn’t for sale...could he not have used email? :lol:
Yeah why bother sending an old man in the middle of a pandemic to another country to report that it isn't happening. Surely he could have made the same report from his house :lol: Reckless behaviour from Sky

romufc

With 7 days left, cannot see this happening. We haven't even put an official bid in, which they will most likely reject then what?

Lets say we put a bid in on Thursday, we are left with 4 days to find an alternative... such incompetence.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Have to say, this is actually quite funny. Dortmund briefing an English journalist specifically about their refusal to sell not being a negotiating tactic obviously has to be a negotiating tactic. This saga bears a certain resemblance with a Monthy Python movie plot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
With 7 days left, cannot see this happening. We haven't even put an official bid in, which they will most likely reject then what?

Lets say we put a bid in on Thursday, we are left with 4 days to find an alternative... such incompetence.
Until this happens, there is no need to wind yourself up.

There are many ways this can go and we are the least informed to be sure on how it pans out.

RkkMan

I mean BVB sold Dembele a week before deadline day and Auba 2 days before deadline day. Finding a replacement won`t be as big a problem as people think here they`re normally swift in such situations unlike Utd

DanClancy

But...

They can just loan money from a bank, just like all the other clubs are doing. They don't have to sell anybody. If they would, they wouldn't have signed Bellingham to begin with this window.
Dortmund made an operating loss of 59.4m the season before too, its a familiar theme that they need to sell players each year to balance the books. In 17/18
they made an operating loss of 79m and 35.1m the season before.

Unfortunately much to my dismay United's debt is more than manageable, theres a huge difference in the EBITDA between both clubs.

Beaucoup

We can still trade with EFL clubs until the 16th Oct, gives us plenty of time to get David Brooks, If he's recovered from Covid!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Gary Cotteril was in Barca a few weeks back concerning the Messi-to-City rumours. Maybe he just likes going places where nothing happens.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sky gearing up for him to be their deadline day story. Nothing in this.

Wait...I think he’ll start against Spurs.

romufc

We can still trade with EFL clubs until the 16th Oct, gives us plenty of time to get David Brooks, If he's recovered from Covid!
Oh yes, forgot about that looks like Sarr or Brooks is the backup then.

RUCK4444

Have to say, this is actually quite funny. Dortmund briefing an English journalist specifically about their refusal to sell not being a negotiating tactic obviously has to be a negotiating tactic. This saga bears a certain resemblance with a Monthy Python movie plot.
“This transfer is a stiff, bereft of life it rests in peace, if it weren’t nailed to its perch it would be pushing up the daisies!”

Got visions of that Journo outside Dortmunds stadium doing the full Parrott sketch to describe this transfer :lol: :lol:

Castia

It will change again tomorrow, Sky want views and the week leading upto summer transfer deadline day is probably sky sports news biggest week of the year it’s a massive con along with their ‘sky sources‘ tipping sky bet odds. It will be a ‘will he won’t he’ all week to build hype for Jim Whyte.

Tin foil hat stuff but it’s 100% what they’re doing sky are awful these days.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Sorry I know I've pretty much said it before but with these numbers being touted comparative to where he is right now in his career he is shockingly overpriced.

Admittedly, if he doesn't sign, it will be either be a display of utter incompetence by Woodward and co in terms of overall transfer strategy or a textbook example of how to take the piss out of the fans.

However, I think the chances of him not living up to expectations are worryingly high.

Status
Not open for further replies.