Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can see nothing has changed. The likes of Ornstein and Stone are still reporting that Dortmund have no intention of selling, so why the excitement? Man Utd may well bid for Sancho this week. If Dortmund doesn't want to sell then that's that. All the reports I have seen this morning have lines in them like 'there's a feeling it could happen.' A feeling from who? I have a feeling that I could win the national lottery this week. Doesn't mean its going to happen. I see people claiming that United wouldn't make a bid unless they were sure it'd be accepted. Where is the evidence for this?

It's been reported for months that United and Dortmund have been in talks for months. This isn't a case of us being told to feck off 2 months ago and then coming back out of the blue and submitting another bid. You'd have to be incredibly naive to think that the constant communication going on is them simply telling us it's not happening. United briefed about 3 weeks ago to the media that they'd agreed personal terms with Sancho and his agent, why would they do such a thing if Dortmund have simply told them that he's not for sale? Dortmund are putting up a strong fight and clearly won't be giving us or anybody a cut-price deal on Sancho but their price is very public and well-known - it's 120m euros, if we offer that (not saying we necessarily will) then he joins us.

So sky are saying the so-called transfer as been the same for the past seven weeks

That's an insulting offer if true. 65m... That's what Havertz went for. Sancho is a tier above, English and it's United.

Simply not true. Fabrizio reported that we submitted an 'unofficial' offer of around 90m in August which was rejected so there's no way we'd bid a lesser amount after 2 months of negotiations

Simply not true. Fabrizio reported that we submitted an 'unofficial' offer of around 90m in August which was rejected so there's no way we'd bid a lesser amount after 2 months of negotiations
What's an unofficial offer? I mean, you're offering, or you aren't right?

To read through this thread is like being dragged on both hands by people who want you here or there... this guy better be worth all the fuss he's brought on us this summer!

So after months of negotiations we suddenly realise just days before the window shuts that we might need an alternative player.....sounds ridiculous but typically something we’d do.

The sad thing is, even if Sancho does sign now, the Glazers and Ed have gone so far downhill many fans won't be happy. It's crazy how poor we've planned for this season.

Right... sky have positioned a prick in Dortmund and now everything coming out from them is negative... Do you think.. there may be any slight possibility that they’re trying to downplay it, knowing a bid is going in this week so they can bang on about exclusively breaking the news that we’ve bid and that it’s accepted etc etc etc

Right... sky have positioned a prick in Dortmund and now everything coming out from them is negative... Do you think.. there may be any slight possibility that they’re trying to downplay it, knowing a bid is going in this week so they can bang on about exclusively breaking the news that we’ve bid and that it’s accepted etc etc etc

Sky getting an exclusive of that size in 2020 seems very unlikely, but then this year is bloody weird.

I anticipate a lot of threadbans, perhaps even permabans if we walk away from Sancho at this stage. The whole place might go up in smoke if we then blow a fair chunk of cash on David Brooks.

One way or another, this week is going to be incredible.

The sad thing is, even if Sancho does sign now, the Glazers and Ed have gone so far downhill many fans won't be happy. It's crazy how poor we've planned for this season.

Well, they better sign him as there may not be any other way to stem the kind of backlash that will come if they don't. They're already a bit lucky that there aren't any fans at the games.

Sounds like Sky need to keep this going, having took Dortmunds words as gospel truth.
As i say, as stupid as Woodward and Judge are, they wouldn't be pushing for a transfer that they knew was absolutely impossible. It would make them look absolutely stupid (not like they need much more help in doing that) and would increase the prices of any alternative by a huge amount, as they know United would be horrifically desperate.

What i see happening is United panicking and just offering Dortmund the full amount in a structured deal. Dortmund need to keep the hard stance of him not being for sale, so when/if he does go, they can say "We wanted to keep him, but he wanted to go, and we had no real option but to accept the offer". Shifts the blame on to Sancho and away from them

feck that. If it happens I'm going to be elated. Due awhile. But it won't happen

Sky getting an exclusive of that size in 2020 seems very unlikely, but then this year is bloody weird.

Yeah, that’s kind of what I mean.. they’ll downplay it until there’s news and then try and make out the exclusive is theirs.. let’s be honest, there is still a hell of a lot of people who only get their news from SSN

"Hey guys look!!! I made a generic troll post on reddit and people actually voted me down!!! Hahaha!! Can you believe it??"
And yet your Bundesliga Reputation Protection Alliance colleagues could even handle my one gentle generic troll post? Can you believe that??

cc: @Chief123 - you called this exactly as it would play out :lol: These guys are on serious edge. Its SOOOO ON!

MzPXOj6.png

And yet your Bundesliga Reputation Protection Alliance colleagues could even handle my one gentle generic troll post? Can you believe that??

cc: @Chief123 - you called this exactly as it would play out :lol: These guys are on serious edge. Its SOOOO ON!

MzPXOj6.png
Trolls get banned, I don't get why you're laughing or appear proud of this.

Trolls get banned, I don't get why you're laughing or appear proud of this.
It's the continuation of a conversation yesterday evening on this thread.

I find it amusing. You're welcome not to. Is that OK?

MzPXOj6.png

So you made a generic shitpost, downvoted it yourself for dramatic effect, advertised it on Redcafe, which perhaps one of the mods of the subreddit saw, and then you're surprised someone banned you?
Not to mention going on with this cringy Bundesliga whatever alliance, because you're trapped so deep in your confirmation bias you lose your shit when a couple of Bayern fans try to make a rational argument and have to make up some conspiracy to cope.

So you made a generic shitpost, downvoted it yourself for dramatic effect, advertised it on Redcafe, which perhaps one of the mods of the subreddit saw, and then you're surprised someone banned you?
Not to mention going on with this cringy Bundesliga whatever alliance, because you're trapped so deep in your confirmation bias you lose your shit when a couple of Bayern fans try to make a rational argument and have to make up some conspiracy to cope.
So you snitched on me?

This bloke changes his tune everyday. Don’t believe what’s coming out of his mouth
Him and the other reporter they have on about transfers are both absolutely useless, my 12yo could go on and come out with what they say. Nothing more than made up stories just trying to out do each other. They are a joke.

Think he asked people to upvote it. It's not really funny or even much of a comeback. It's quite embarrassing to be associated with United followers like that. People like him are are the insecure "fans" that have little respect and get baited into a dick measuring contest for no reason.

That would imply a level of caring about your addiction to drama or reddit that I'm not able to achieve.
But you do care just a little?
I barely ever post on reddit. It's the continuation of a conversation yesterday evening on this thread. I simply posted there yesterday as an experiment to test out a theory from @Chief123 . It was proved correct.
Anyways I apologise if Im annoying you. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.