Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

There is no such thing . None of these people know what is happening . They just guess based on what anyone else is saying . Romano has basically tweeted every scenario going in this saga by now so he can claim he is right when it is all over and somehow people fall for it
I think its well known in the space that he has agent contacts, even journos that are jealous of his status admit it

Classical Mechanic

It's been less than 12 hours since Reus reiterated Sancho is staying and one of the papers close to the club reported that he wasn't for sale at any price.
Yet Sancho getting sick (and Bürki as well. for good measure?) and suddenly the transfer is so advanced we're in the kept out of squad stage?
Burki got the runs when he realised all those cringey Dortmund social media posts had been for nothing. Who can blame him.

RazorOz

Okay, I jumped off this train a while back as I thought it was leading to a dead end.

Sancho mysteriously picking up an illness moments before kick-off in Dortmund's biggest game of the season?

I think a lot has changed. Something is going on behind the scenes.
It's not Dortmund's biggest game of the season. It's the Super Cup, a glorified friendly.

FizzyWomack

All this positive behaviour and you come in with this! Be banished to the newbies forever!
Ha!

Positive behaviour say thee, I must have been reading the wrong thread :lol:

This bid news and Sancho not being in the squad however is definitely positive!

I do sense some unzipping on the horizon ..

Crashoutcassius

Makes sense to me that Fabrizio would have good knowledge of when a deal is close via agents... but limited knowledge of when one club puts in an 'official bid' whatever people thinks that means since an agent likely wouldn't be involved here... agents are there to speak to the club and do personal terms / their own terms, not the clubs terms.

Kuba

What if Sancho was one of us
Just a Muppet like one of us
Just a stranger on a forum
Trying to make his way home
I was just listening soft rock playlist on spotify, and Joan Osborn's One of Us started playing when I went to forum and the second i scrolled into your post she begun to sing that part and i was like....
ooooo what is going on ? what are the odds, really mindfeck moment

thats a sign

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
What is your personal take on the situation
My personal take is that BD indeed would only sell for some ridiculous fee like 150m now. He's their key player, there's seemingly no replacement lined up, and if they wanted to sell within 5 days they wouldn't communicate such a blunt rebuke like they did today.
I've considered the thing dead since the beginning of September.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s definitely telling that he isn’t in their squad. He needs to push for a move.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
My personal take is that BD indeed would only sell for some ridiculous fee like 150m now. He's their key player, there's seemingly no replacement lined up, and if they wanted to sell within 5 days they wouldn't communicate such a blunt rebuke like they did today.
I've considered the thing dead since the beginning of September.
As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, we did exactly the same with De Gea. All summer we said he's not for sale, we weren't interested in any offers etc, yet Real Madrid put in a sensible offer and we accepted, and if not for a dodgy fax machine, we'd have lost De Gea that summer.

If the right offer comes in, then the player goes. ALL players have a price, regardless of how important they are!
As i say, Dortmund will be saying one thing to the media and another thing to United. They have to maintain face in all of this. They've said he's not for sale, if he goes, they have to paint it as it was HIS decision to go, not theirs. They can spin a sickness to say he refused to play due to being ill, and if he goes, theres the excuse to paint him as the bad guy. If he stays, then theres no proof that he wasn't genuinely ill.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I keep thinking of all the positive developments from today and getting excited. Then I remember that Reus said he was staying and there’s no way he’d say that if it wasn’t 100% true.....

Castia

It’s now or never. We won’t get a free run at him next summer and who’s to say we’ll even get top 4 which he will most likely want as a minimum.

As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, we did exactly the same with De Gea. All summer we said he's not for sale, we weren't interested in any offers etc, yet Real Madrid put in a sensible offer and we accepted, and if not for a dodgy fax machine, we'd have lost De Gea that summer.

If the right offer comes in, then the player goes. ALL players have a price, regardless of how important they are!
As i say, Dortmund will be saying one thing to the media and another thing to United. They have to maintain face in all of this. They've said he's not for sale, if he goes, they have to paint it as it was HIS decision to go, not theirs. They can spin a sickness to say he refused to play due to being ill, and if he goes, theres the excuse to paint him as the bad guy. If he stays, then theres no proof that he wasn't genuinely ill.
I don't think Dortmund operate like that. They'll just say United finally met our demands.

Rolaholic

I keep thinking of all the positive developments from today and getting excited. Then I remember that Reus said he was staying and there’s no way he’d say that if it wasn’t 100% true.....
I mean Barcelona still ended up selling Neymar shortly after Pique, Suarez and Messi kind of did the same :lol:

Wouldn't really consider that to be a deal breaker

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Sancho mysteriously picking up an illness moments before kick-off in Dortmund's biggest game of the season?

I think a lot has changed. Something is going on behind the scenes.
It`s the German Community Shield, definitely not a big game:lol:
Weird timing for him to get "ill" but maybe its really just an illness and not ongoing negotiation.

Hoof the ball

I was just listening soft rock playlist on spotify, and Joan Osborn's One of Us started playing when I went to forum and the second i scrolled into your post she begun to sing that part and i was like....
ooooo what is going on ? what are the odds, really mindfeck moment

thats a sign
:lol: I should be surprised, but honestly I'm not. The universe is at one right now, and why shouldn't it be? It's Sancho Day after all!

Hanky panky

At least there seems to be some action, finally. Thanks god window closes soon. It have been very annoying window.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I don't think Dortmund operate like that. They'll just say United finally met our demands.
Then they'll be contradicting themselves wouldn't they? Why would they say he's not for sale and no amount of money will cause them to accept a bid, only for them to turn round and say "well, actually, we did have a figure in mind and United met it". They'd very likely say Sancho forced their hand and made them accept.

What i'm saying is, all players have a price, regardless of what a club says. Any of our players could go in and instant if a price we liked came in.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
No indication of this happening here, though.
We don't know that though. We have no idea what the clubs are saying to eachother. For all we know, we may have bidded €100M and Dortmund have said to United "Not enough, but you're not far off what we'd take", whilst simultaniously saying to the media "He's not for sale, not at any price".

I'm going to say we'll meet their demands, or we'll come to an agreement where they get what they want, in a structure that benefits both clubs.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I've been told by a guy who works at Manchester airport that they've just spotted Sancho.

Chairman Steve

Hell of a fecking coincidence that he just happens to ill really. Even if he was in the squad it wouldn't matter but this is somewhat telling. I think this place may have been a lot more different if this had not have come out and all the focus was on the Spanish reports on Dembele.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
According to my friend's uncle who works at Manchester airport, Sancho has arrived with his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.