g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Then they'll be contradicting themselves wouldn't they? Why would they say he's not for sale and no amount of money will cause them to accept a bid, only for them to turn round and say "well, actually, we did have a figure in mind and United met it". They'd very likely say Sancho forced their hand and made them accept.

What i'm saying is, all players have a price, regardless of what a club says. Any of our players could go in and instant if a price we liked came in.
I mean its not like said club has a documented history of doing just that or anything right? ;)

Chief123

My personal take is that BD indeed would only sell for some ridiculous fee like 150m now. He's their key player, there's seemingly no replacement lined up, and if they wanted to sell within 5 days they wouldn't communicate such a blunt rebuke like they did today.
I've considered the thing dead since the beginning of September.
I find this belief even more astonishing that you guys have.

How does a club go from willing to sell their player openly with a set price to suddenly not wanting to sell him at all within the space of 50 days?

Seriously?

Rolaholic

According to my friend's uncle who works at Manchester airport, Sancho has arrived with his agent.
My friend is Sancho's agents driver's wife and she says he's apparently been sent to the airport

Just joining in on the fun

Eddy_JukeZ

I want a tagline change from the mods once this happens.

I've been saying it's happening for months undeterred.

Can't wait to see him don the jersey.

Jack-C20

Who the feck has been assigned as flight tracker?! Come on muppets, we’re slacking!

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Fab wants us to sign Sancho... probably because of the followers he'll get when he drops the "here we go" tweet

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I find this belief even more astonishing that you guys have.

How does a club go from willing to sell their player openly with a set price to suddenly not wanting to sell him at all within the space of 50 days?

Seriously?
It's not that hard to understand. The 120m are an inofficial RC, They never ran around and tried to load him off. The deadline was set to have time to find and accomodate replacements. It wasn't met, and now we are close to the deadline and the season is already running. It would be very inconvenient for BD to sell him now.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I want a tagline change from the mods once this happens.

I've been saying it's happening for months undeterred.

Can't wait to see him don the jersey.
That never works out the way that you hope it will, believe me.

Chief123

It's not that hard to understand. The 120m are an inofficial RC, They never ran around and tried to load him off. The deadline was set to have time to find and accomodate replacements. It wasn't met, and now we are close to the deadline and the season is already running. It would be very inconvenient for BD to sell him now.
Why let inconvenience get in the way of a 120m cheque? Football can be inconvenient at times.

Chief123

Dortmund should be told to feck off then and we officially move on. That's an obscene amount of money as it is.
And go and sign another average player that we flog in a couple of years?

In all seriousness, do you honestly think top class players (especially the best young talents in the world) are going to be available for average prices?

You get what you pay for.

Chairman Steve

Howard Nurse is reporting he has seen multiple dads at Manchester Airport who have sighted Spurs‘ Dimitar Berbatov.

I reckon it’s going to end up £95m upfront with the other £25m in instalments. They’ll meet down the middle.

Shark

@NotShark
And go and sign another average player that we flog in a couple of years?

In all seriousness, do you honestly think top class players (especially the best young talents in the world) are going to be available for average prices?

You get what you pay for.
90m is an average price?? It'd break our transfer record surely.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Why let inconvenience get in the way of a 120m cheque? Football can be inconvenient at times.
That would indeed be interesting to see. But frankly, I somehow don't see Ed coughing up such a sum.

Chief123

90m is an average price?? It'd break our transfer record surely.
Of course it’d break our transfer record. That’s because it would be the best player we’ve signed since we last broke our transfer record.

In fact, probably the best player we sign during Woodward’s reign.

RkkMan

Howard Nurse is reporting he has seen multiple dads at Manchester Airport who have sighted Spurs‘ Dimitar Berbatov.

I reckon it’s going to end up £95m upfront with the other £25m in instalments. They’ll meet down the middle.
Change the currency to euros they want 120m euros not pounds

Status
Not open for further replies.