Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He may have done. Doesn't mean 1. they told him the correct information or 2. the people he spoke to have any credibility when it comes to our pursuit of Sancho.
Dormund doorman on the other side caught in the middle of the shift.

Artimities

Ten journos all saying that Ole has decided he doesn't want to disrupt team chemistry this late and is happy with the squad he has, probably.
what chemistry??? We have no chemistry. Our back line is a mess and our attack is incomplete. How can he be happy with that? If he was happy then we wouldn’t have lingers, jones, rojo and others...

Coops73

This thread has degenerated into a massive sweaty circle of naked men, each dead-eyed and dejectedly masturbating the flaccid penis of the gently sobbing bloke to his right, while repeating the mantra "You love to see it".
Sounds like the opening scene of a David lynch film.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
But the person I was replying to said he only believes info provided by Dortmund rather than the British press. Why is Dortmund talking to a German paper now more reliable than Dortmund talking to a sky journalist? That was my original issue. I never claimed everything they said was definitely factual
You've simply misunderstood my point. I pointed out the difference between "x have said" and "x have reportedly said". The guy I replied to mixed that up.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
But the person I was replying to said he only believes info provided by Dortmund rather than the British press. Why is Dortmund talking to a German paper now more reliable than Dortmund talking to a sky journalist? That was my original issue. I never claimed everything they said was definitely factual
Well because the particular German outlets are well established channels of communication for the club, so if there is a discrepancy between what they claim to have been told from within the club and what the poor soul camping in the club's parking lot claims to have been told it doesn't take a genius to figure out who is wrong.

Posh Red

You've simply misunderstood my point. I pointed out the difference between "x have said" and "x have reportedly said". The guy I replied to mixed that up.
Well I thought you said Borussia Dortmund had been consistent in their briefings to the press. Is that not what you meant?

Posh Red

Well because the particular German outlets are well established channels of communication for the club, so if there is a discrepancy between what they claim to have been told from within the club and what the poor soul camping in the club's parking lot claims to have been told it doesn't take a genius to figure out who is wrong.
Okay I’ll try to be as clear as possible. I am not saying sky are correct. I was under the impression that the poster I replied to had said BD had been consistent in their briefings to the press. I replied by proving an example of a journalist who is currently in Dortmund, and claims to be talking directly with people inside the club, saying he is receiving mixed messages from the club. As I have already said, this means he is either lying, or the people he is speaking to within the club are indeed sending mixed messages.

Is that any clearer?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Okay I’ll try to be as clear as possible. I am not saying sky are correct. I was under the impression that the poster I replied to had said BD had been consistent in their briefings to the press. I replied by proving an example of a journalist who is currently in Dortmund, and claims to be talking directly with people inside the club, saying he is receiving mixed messages from the club. As I have already said, this means he is either lying, or the people he is speaking to within the club are indeed sending mixed messages.

Is that any clearer?
I mean either the guy in the parking lot is somehow getting an exclusive pipeline to the hottest takes or he is sprinkling his otherwise pointless live reports with a bit of personal opinions or creative reporting. I know which seems more plausible to me.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It started yesterday with Sancho briefing The Times on his desires, and then the sudden illness.

It will go quiet now as entire BVB set up are in Munich for game tonight, while Sancho remains in Dortmund, but will resume on Thursday.

I think united will submit another bid on Thursday, Sancho will approach the higher ups with a strong request, and the might be enough.

Last edited:

Posh Red

I mean either the guy in the parking lot is somehow getting an exclusive pipeline to the hottest takes or he is sprinkling his otherwise pointless live reports with a bit of personal opinions or creative reporting. I know which seems more plausible to me.
And I never said that it wasn’t more plausible. It could well be that he is making stuff up. I think you’ve missed the point I was originally making and are getting defensive. I can understand why though

Highfather_24

There are 4 possibilities now :

- Utd buy Sancho for less than 120M : This is good. Woody and co, should be congratulated for bringing the price down, even if it took some time.

- Utd buy Sancho for 120M or above : Absolutely stupid. Why waste the whole summer when you could have bought him a long time ago, and let him integrate with the squad? The 3 points lost on the first game of the season could make or break the season at the end.

- United dont buy Sancho, but buy an alternative : Not good. You chase a player the whole summer, not get him, and then go for a plan B probably as a panic buy. Its not ideal, but not the end of the world. Sancho probably goes to Liverpool or another top club next summer and United continue their steady decline.

- Utd dont buy anyone : This would be tragic. Woody should be sacked if this happens.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Well I thought you said Borussia Dortmund had been consistent in their briefings to the press. Is that not what you meant?
In their public statements. Like everyone else, I can't tell what they say in non-public statements. Which should be obvious, but some treat (selected) journo's accounts as established facts about what Dortmund have said, or Woodward has done, or whatever. So that was my point, whether I made it well or not.

Posh Red

In their public statements. Like everyone else, I can't tell what they say in non-public statements. Which should be obvious, but some treat (selected) journo's accounts as established facts about what Dortmund has said, or Woodward has done, or whatever. So that was my point, whether I made it well or not.
Absolutely fair enough mate. And I wouldn’t put it past sky to make stuff up anyway. I was just curious on how others felt

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
We will see in the next couple of days won't we?

People love to bash the club for anything and everything at the moment but you don't see people giving themselves a hard time when they nip to the off licence for a couple of beers and a reduced sandwich 5 minutes before it shuts. You don't see people jumping on Twitter and calling themselves inept because they didn't do it yesterday.
That's the thing. We've seen enough transfer windows from 2012/13 to make a reasonable assessment now; we've even seen enough in this transfer window alone to make an assessment Woodward's and Judge's negotiation tactics – the only scenario where the latter assessment is going to be proven wrong is if we somehow sign Sancho for a price significantly lower than £108m/€120m which is, let's put it mildly, highly unlikely. If they'll sign him for the price that Dortmund were asking from the start, it would be better than if they wouldn't sign him at all, but it would still be a clear evidence of their incompetence in transfer dealings – they've essentially spent what, 5-6 months, trying to lower the initial asking price and failed to do so, making the manager's task of incorporating a new player way more difficult (even though in this weird season all new players would have more issues with their adaptation).

Even the Bruno transfer that you list as a success was dragged out throughout the summer, we've missed the deadline and had to sign him in January (on one of the last days of the winter transfer window as well). Now compare the difference in our performance before and after Bruno's arrival – were the millions that we had apparently "saved" by taking our time worth it? And it's not like we've signed him for peanuts – even though Sporting was in an awful situation, financially and in general, we've paid (according to BBC) €55 m/£47m as an initial fee with €25m/£21m in add-ons as well as a 10% sell-on fee.

The sandwich analogy is a bad one. We know that stores will sell those sandwiches for a lower price if we'll come to them right before they're closing. It's something that happens every day and they'll have no use of this sandwich tomorrow. Considering Sancho's contract situation and Borussia's current financial stance it's more like coming to an Apple store day after day and offering them less then the asking price for an iPhone despite the fact that they don't currently have a sale and they'll have no issues with selling that iPhone tomorrow or a day after tomorrow for the asking price.

Last edited:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
This thread has degenerated into a massive sweaty circle of naked men, each dead-eyed and dejectedly masturbating the flaccid penis of the gently sobbing bloke to his right, while repeating the mantra "You love to see it".
Wasn't that our dressing room after the Palace game?

adam118

Dortmund would make a big saving by not having to pay his loyalty fee if Sancho handed in a transfer request wouldn't they? Maybe Dortmund's game is to force Sancho into this, also makes him look like the bad guy too.

Zoo

S*n exclusive...

Sancho believes he WILL be Man Utd star before transfer window shuts as he asks advisors to ‘pull out all stops’

Ronaldo's Love Child

Who and when?

Of course it's a strategy. United have been pleading poverty all window, you think them slapping £100m on Dortmunds table the first week of the window would have been a good move? What do you think every club in the world would say after that? You think they'd just sell us players for €40m?

Clubs are always looking to sell desperately in the last week, we have the cash to take advantage of that. Just because you couldn't go out and get yourself a Sancho number 7 shirt in the first week of the window doesn't mean we're inept at doing business.
Ramos
Fabregas
Haaland

If the price is £ 100m then the next stage is to gauge how serious the selliing club are about sticking to that price. That could have been done months ago.So you think us slapping £ 100m on the table with 5 days to go is a better strategy?

Posh Red

Dortmund would make a big saving by not having to pay his loyalty fee if Sancho handed in a transfer request wouldn't they? Maybe Dortmund's game is to force Sancho into this, also makes him look like the bad guy too.
Could be remembering this wrong, but didn’t one of the German posters in here say that loyalty bonuses aren’t a thing over there like they are here in the prem?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
:lol: :lol: :lol: One of the best sentences written in this entire thread!
It is symptomatic of modern football fans wanting to have unrelenting access to a football club via social media and thinking 18 seconds without information or update that our club is a complete shambles. Unbeknownst to most, their fervent and feverish whining drives bad actors to chime in with random, unsubstantiated claims on twitter, like that we actually forgot to charge our single company blackberry and cannot confirm the transfer until we find a plug socket, this drives clicks and "engagement" whirlpools of sh!te we all get washed away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.