Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherham_red

How can either of you be happy with Dembele. The guy has been plagued with injuries and does not want to join United. This has the makings of another Di Maria/Falcao all over again. We would also miss out on Sancho and there is no guarantees we will get him next year - it is wishful thinking that we can postpone the deal like that.
It's for one year and with his injury record in mind, he is likely not coming in as first choice but as someone who can spot Greenwood so that all the pressure isn't on him. Yes, Sancho was ideal as it would have demoted Greenwood to a squad role while he was growing in the team, but above all, we needed an extra body in there just so that Greenwood wasn't the only option there. Dembele is the perfect backup to that situation as he provides just as much and won't necessarily be having the pressure to start every game.

If he comes, then you'd like to think Ole has given his okay after background checks from Pogba and Martial.

While there aren't any guarantees over Sancho, the fact we've done all the groundwork means we're at a competitive advantage over the others, which leads me to my other point. The other clubs just aren't going to be in a position to compete next year either. Chelsea are stacked. Bayern likewise. He's persona non grata at City. Real are in the middle of an expensive stadium renovation during a global recession, and irrespective only have eyes for Mbappe. Barca are broke. Liverpool don't spend the sorts of sums that would be required for the deal. PSG are the wild card but by all accounts Sancho only wants to go back to England and also, PSG are struggling to meet even the most basic wages rules in the most lenient FFP year this year, so you'd think they would be struggling to do it also.

It really does seem set up for next year. And if we do get Dembele, Telles etc, then I'd say we have just enough depth to get top 4 and CL qualification safely next year, when you compare it to Arsenal and Spurs'.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
With Martial Rashford Greenwood already in front 3, I doubt we would get both Sancho and Dembele. No club has 5 very talented, expensive and top young forward in their team at the same time. If we are that rich, I'd prefer we add more quality at the back first.
Talent-wise, correct!

However, financially, the forward line is where the least amount of money has been invested. Rashford, Greenwood both from the academy. Martial, with add-ons very likely around the 50 Million, and James about 12 Million. Ighalo a loan.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Talent-wise, correct!

However, financially, the forward line is where the least amount of money has been invested. Rashford, Greenwood both from the academy. Martial, with add-ons very likely around the 50 Million, and James about 12 Million. Ighalo a loan.
Sure, but you are only looking from the club perspective. Players may not see their future in the club, if there is another 4 similar age and talented young players competing with them for same position in the starting line up.

No Love

Sancho is going to force the move, because his dream is not to play with Haaland, Reus and Co., but with Maguire, Lindelof and Co.
Or he could see his options as playing with Bruno, Pogba and Martial or Schmelzer, Akanji and Meunier.

See? It works both ways. It’s easy to twist things to support your narrative.

samolocix

Supports
United
Or he could see his options as playing with Bruno, Pogba and Martial or Schmelzer, Akanji and Meunier.

Dont forget Rashy

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Why bother responding to trolls. Save your energy.

Bestietom

Talent-wise, correct!

Lukaku 75 million and gone. Sanchez cost us a fortune in wages and gone. Ibra big wages and gone.

croadyman

I like to tell myself that all the doom mongers in here are actually double agents trying to reverse jinx it. We all have a common goal.
Yeah I would like to think that is the case as well but some have just thrown the towel in when we didn't sign him by August 10th

croadyman

It's for one year and with his injury record in mind, he is likely not coming in as first choice but as someone who can spot Greenwood so that all the pressure isn't on him. Yes, Sancho was ideal as it would have demoted Greenwood to a squad role while he was growing in the team, but above all, we needed an extra body in there just so that Greenwood wasn't the only option there. Dembele is the perfect backup to that situation as he provides just as much and won't necessarily be having the pressure to start every game.

If he comes, then you'd like to think Ole has given his okay after background checks from Pogba and Martial.

While there aren't any guarantees over Sancho, the fact we've done all the groundwork means we're at a competitive advantage over the others, which leads me to my other point. The other clubs just aren't going to be in a position to compete next year either. Chelsea are stacked. Bayern likewise. He's persona non grata at City. Real are in the middle of an expensive stadium renovation during a global recession, and irrespective only have eyes for Mbappe. Barca are broke. Liverpool don't spend the sorts of sums that would be required for the deal. PSG are the wild card but by all accounts Sancho only wants to go back to England and also, PSG are struggling to meet even the most basic wages rules in the most lenient FFP year this year, so you'd think they would be struggling to do it also.

It really does seem set up for next year. And if we do get Dembele, Telles etc, then I'd say we have just enough depth to get top 4 and CL qualification safely next year, when you compare it to Arsenal and Spurs'.
What about if we throw in a backup striker as well

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It would be fun if Ed offers 120 mil now and Dortmund say; price now is 140 mil because we don't have time for buying replacement
And then they will kill off any chance of any young superstar ever wanting to join them in the future.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
How is that??
Top rated young players go to Dortmund to get first football and world class coaching. They go there to develop themselves knowing that within 2-3 seasons they can make the move to an elite club.

Dortmund have thrived on this buy cheap, develop and then sell for huge profits business plan.

If Dortmund start making it almost impossible for these youngsters to leave Then agents are not going to want their players to go there without buyout clauses being inserted into their contracts.

Dortmund have every right to value their players to whatever figure they want. But players that see Dortmund as a stepping stone are going to be far more unlikely to sign for them in the future If their selling demands are unreasonable (full payment upfront on a >€100 million transfer during a pandemic).

MyDevil

For a second, I thought he has signed and this thread has been closed when I can't find it at the top page of the transfer forum. Duh.

Chief123

This is so exciting knowing we will have Sancho within the next 5 days! Can’t wait! :D

I’m absolutely loving Utd using Dembele as a smokescreen. Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.