Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artimities

I am keeping the faith, but starting to think we may be upset at the outcome. To hear we are thinking of funding Sancho with James... is a joke ... no way are we moving all these pieces just to be able to sign Sancho. I am afraid we are going to get one more loan signing and that's it.
We are never going to be able to offload Jones or Lindgard. Rojo, Dalot, Romero and smalling as well. We have way too much dead weight to pull this deal off. I'm upset that we still have not dealt any of our dead weight off yet.

No Love

Yeah, Sky Sports seem to think this is dead AF. Could be the end of the line.

romufc

And we spent 40 million on Van de Beek . If we are short for the Sancho deal then why on earth did we spend the money first on VDB??
That is exactly what I have been asking, or if we knew we cannot afford Sancho, why are we looking for alternatives 3 days before the window closes.

I can understand if we do not want to spend £100m on one player, then you move on early instead of hoping you can somehow fund the deal with no money.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Dortmund want €120 million, €120 million, one more time - €120 MILLION. In case Ed didn’t know.
The people in this thread who believe Dortmund is going to make a "deal" for a drastically lower fee when Sancho is still is under contract until 2023 is staggering. Feels like they want to be lied to.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This is looking clearer by the hour that this will be a Woody deadline day special. I haven't lost hope.

Tony247

More than Sancho what worse is no genuine RW present in the team. If not Sancho then the club should have looked for alternatives much earlier. This is monumental feck up by the club. Even an average player would have provided a better solution than having no one. Very amateurish.

Pav1878

That is exactly what I have been asking, or if we knew we cannot afford Sancho, why are we looking for alternatives 3 days before the window closes.

I can understand if we do not want to spend £100m on one player, then you move on early instead of hoping you can somehow fund the deal with no money.
It's clear ed wanted to show everyone they were trying their hardest to get Sancho until the deadline but it didn't happen. I don't think they had any inclination to get this deal done from the outset.

They don't want to spend that sort of money this summer but they want to show the fans that they do. They are taking us all for a ride.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Sports marketing 101: create as much media hype as possible about absolutely nothing. That directly equates views which equates bigger sponsor deals. Sorry folks I’ve been telling you for over a month this was never happening. United is a public company - for anyone financially literate open their books and explain to me how they can afford 100m this year.
Ok but please can you explain to the financially illiterate why teams like Wolves and Leeds are outspending us?

Matriac

Maybe United should target those 16 and 17 year olds who can supposedly replace Sancho then?
17 and 18 actually. The 16 year old will only get some minutes this season, maybe more next season.

None of them can replace Sancho of course, at least not yet, which is why we wouldn't pursue them now. But it fits nicely in with the Dortmund M.O. They have other outstanding players in other positions that can carry the loss of Sancho.

Tony247

Totally baffling how a professional club trips and falls into its own trap. What on earth Ed and co. was doing nothing all this while is astounding to say the least.

romufc

It's clear ed wanted to show everyone they were trying their hardest to get Sancho until the deadline but it didn't happen. I don't think they had any inclination to get this deal done from the outset.

They don't want to spend that sort of money this summer but they want to show the fans that they do. They are taking us all for a ride.
That's literally my feelings too. Ed and the board knew they will not be making this signing. The longer this played out, the less pressure on the board to panic buy.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If James rumours are true then we are clueless. I would personally take a flight to UK and drive him if we are getting 25m for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
SSN just said this is dead in the water.
That's obviously the case despite some here pretending this is a done deal and it's only a matter of time that it'll be wrapped up.

If it was that close surely we'd be hearing more positive noises on this deal 2 days before deadline day. We've fecked up and are going into the season having wasted a full summer window.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's obviously the case despite some here pretending this is a done deal and it's only a matter of time that it'll be wrapped up.

If it was that close surely we'd be hearing more positive noises on this deal 2 days before deadline day. We've fecked up and are going into the season having wasted a full summer window.
If it was a dead transfer don't you think you'd hear a range of briefs from the tier one journalists?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Tis but a flesh wound..? :lol:

K_Ash

i guess during the Paul's saga, Journalists' presence on twitter was not as strong and that's the main difference. There have been too many tweets about this. This has been totally out of control! Man Utd should have made some kind of official statement.
Talking about another S* show.

Jack-C20

Yeah I was just thinking that, but he's listed at RW on transfermarkt and apparently is both footed. I'd be happy with an interchangeable winger, Sancho operates on both wings for Dortmund too.
Would it be a stop gap loan though? Or a permanent deal? I feel like any wingers are being linked to us now. It’s just an easy story for journalists to sell at this point.

Lennon

Fix the back 4 and get us Upamecano and a left back for the Sancho money and go all in on him next summer. I am already tired of this circus when it comes to transfer dealings. One step forward, 2 steps backwards ...

Rolaholic

Tis but a flesh wound..? :lol:
Sounds like a direct response to this earlier claim

Didn't think we could come across as anymore amateurish in our transfer dealings before this summer but then this saga happened :lol: :houllier:

Andersons Dietician

He apparently trained alone away from the rest of the group... Still, if he was ill, why would he have trained at all?
I heard he didn’t train, he came in later after the team had finished training to have another Covid test so he is eligible for the internationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.