Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

You make a lot of sense however if Smalling, Alexis, Andreas and Dalot leave with the last two on loan you have to say that £600k per week as been freed up from the wages, let’s consider that £80m + £40m were set aside for VDB and Jadon with wages of £120k for VDB And £300k for Jadon with £100k for Dean Henderson being factored in, the 80k surplus being used to pay of Alexis contract, then however Dortmund were simple not prepared to move on their £110m evaluation fee and the agents fee of £50m for Jadon Agent making the deal completely unrealistic in this current climate, maybe The agent dropped his fee to £25m which would mean this deal is still not financially viable for any Elite club , with all the super clubs throughout Europe guaranteed To lose £100m in gate receipts this season, therefore with Dortmund not relenting, Woodward is scrambling to salvage the whole transfer and to be honest if he signs ;

VDB - 35m plus 5m agent fees - 120k p/w
E Cavani - Free 15m agent fees - 210k p/w
A Telles - 15M plus 5m agent fee -100k
Dembele - 58M plus 10m agent - 200k p/w

I Would say salvage done, without giving into Dortmund’s ridiculous Ego we spend maybe £90m net and £35m in agents fees

All 4 players improve the squad and all compete for a first 11 our budget remains intact, Igalho goes in January with Jones, James and Sergeo Romero freeing up £300k per week and maybe giving us £30m to try again with Dortmund then with a straight £100m, a United fan can always live in hope however knowing woodward,

You get the feeling he’ll Screw up Cavani and Dembele deals and let City sign Telles, so the next 48 hours could be the most critical in our recent history, strap in folks were on that familiar rollercoaster ride with Woodward !!!
For my money, there has only ever been one Ed Woodward who was any good.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
It’s interesting that none of the journalist in Germany are talking about it yet he’s answering questions that he’s being asked about it. They’re either asking him or he’s just randomly plucking the thoughts out of his head. :lol:
The only reason Zorc and Reus have been asked in recent days is because the Sky UK guy that was sent over to Dortmund for coverage asked his colleagues from Sky Germany to put forward these questions (due to Covid regulations he doesn`t have access).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Listen lads, Sancho is coming. So is Telles.

We will end the window with Sancho, Donny, Cavani and Telles. We will be able to break on counters, creatively carve teams apart and have plan Bs with a target man if needed too.

(I hope)

Feed Me

I'm hungry

We will end the window with Sancho, Donny, Cavani and Telles. We will be able to break on counters, creatively carve teams apart and have plan Bs with a target man if needed too.

(I hope)
Yeah... no.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You'd have to assume it's off with Cavani all but signed - which is nothing more than a desperate attempt to appease the fans.

Maybe next year.
This appeases literally no fans. And some of the Manchester journos have already said this deal doesn’t affect anything else going on.

dev1l

At times I wonder whether we ll do as we did with Bruno, will try to sign him in January when more funds are released.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
You'd have to assume it's off with Cavani all but signed - which is nothing more than a desperate attempt to appease the fans.

Maybe next year.
Appease the fans? A lot of the fans i've seen posting are pretty annoyed at this news.
If anything, he's going to annoy the fans even more, especially if he doesn't get Sancho over the line. Then again, this is Ed "United can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of" Woodward we're talking about... he doesn't, and never has, cared about what the fans think

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So is Cavani why the club Briefed out that they were relaxed yesterday?

Are they that stupid that they think fans will see Cavani as a genuine alternative to Sancho?

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This appeases literally no fans. And some of the Manchester journos have already said this deal doesn’t affect anything else going on.
We won't do anymore business after Cavani - nothing major anyway. The fact that Cavani has been available all summer, yet we chose to go in for him at this late hour, wreaks of a last-ditch attempt to add a big name after failing to land Sancho.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
At times I wonder whether we ll do as we did with Bruno, will try to sign him in January when more funds are released.
If we're down in 8th or so, with no prospect of CL football, then there is absolutely no chance we'll sign Sancho.
I'm confident we'll get him in the next 12 months, but that all depends on whether we secure CL football or not. If we don't, well... time to go looking at some other, more budget options.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Appease the fans? A lot of the fans i've seen posting are pretty annoyed at this news.
If anything, he's going to annoy the fans even more, especially if he doesn't get Sancho over the line. Then again, this is Ed "United can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of" Woodward we're talking about... he doesn't, and never has, cared about what the fans think
Sancho won't happen this year.

You need to accept it mate.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We won't do anymore business after Cavani - nothing major anyway. The fact that Cavani has been available all summer, yet we chose to go in for him at this late hour, wreaks of a last-ditch attempt to add a big name after failing to land Sancho.

Not sure about that. I do think we'll try one more half-arsed effort at Sancho, something we know Dortmund won't accept, just so we can spin it and say Dortmund were being stubborn, but we're happy and confident with the squad we've got etc, typical United BS.

Sancho won't happen this year.

You need to accept it mate.
My optimism is waning, but until the window closes, anything is possible.

red4ever 79

100% this. The Cavani deal is a act of desperation from the board. It also reeks of being an Ed Woodward signing rather than an Ole type of signing.

RUCK4444

(I hope)
One can hope bud.

pascell

I think the Hudson-Odoi to Bayern deal is worth keeping an eye on. If the obligation to buy is a high figure, I can see Chelsea going for Sancho next summer.

Le Red

Maybe next year.
Next year we'll have the competition of clubs that win trophies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Van de Beek: fee plus wage
Cavani: agent fee, signing on fee plus wage

We're good for that, but not paying for Sancho?

You have to ask what is going on at the club. Ole wants Sancho; Cavani does not strike as a Ole signing in any shape or form and I would put money on Sancho> Van de Beek in terms of what he'd want, too.

This makes less and less sense with every action we have made this window.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Maybe next year.
To be fair I don’t think it’s to appease the fans. The BBC article even mentions they know many will be upset by it! Woodward has been a rumoured fan of Cavani for years. This is my issue though - who is making the footballing decisions at this club? Because I don’t think they’re very good. Except in the youth recruitment department where we’re genuinely outstanding.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Everything is dead and if the muppets do manage to sign someone decent it will be a genuine panic buy of Fellaini proportion except he wasn’t decent.
I believe Cavani is the panic buy, we attempting to complete.

Le Red

You got it all wrong. Ed said we can do things in the transfer no other club would dream of.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Maybe next year.
The Sancho deal won't be happening next year. It was now or never.
Next year, Sancho will attract many more suitors and we won't be able to compete with those clubs, who know how to negotiate for and buy players.

The Cavani deal is pure desperation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Simon Stone's piece on Cavani says United are refusing to confirm that we're still in for Sancho.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Simon Stone's piece on Sancho says United are refusing to confirm that we're still in for Sancho.
I'm wondering if they're worried of the backlash if we confirm that we've signed Cavani and given up on Sancho at the same time.
You can imagine there will be some very very very upset fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.