g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm wondering if they're worried of the backlash if we confirm that we've signed Cavani and given up on Sancho at the same time.
You can imagine there will be some very very very upset fans.
They'll never give up on Sancho, they'll try again in January and again next summer. They won't stop until he signs for us or someone else

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Simon Stone's piece on Cavani says United are refusing to confirm that we're still in for Sancho.
He says we are refusing to say it's off. Which is a different insinuation to what you suggested

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It’s the other way around. He says it’s understood talks haven’t progressed but we haven’t confirmed it’s over.
So why won't we just level with the fans and say it's over?
Then we can at least TRY to get someone else in the dying hours of the window... If we know we're not going to get him, just tell it as it is. They really can't look anymore inept then they already are, surely.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The Sancho deal won't be happening next year. It was now or never.
Next year, Sancho will attract many more suitors and we won't be able to compete with those clubs, who know how to negotiate for and buy players.

The Cavani deal is pure desperation.
It's difficult to say what the situation will look like next summer with COVID refusing to go away.

But I agree, it was important to get this deal done now rather than next year when there will be a host of clubs in for him.

USREDEVIL

The cavani deal is just to replace ighalo. Loan deal that shouldn’t have anything to do with sancho. Until it’s over it ain’t over . Watch this spot come Monday and all hell breaks loose though :nervous:

OneUnited24

The Sancho deal won't be happening next year. It was now or never.
Next year, Sancho will attract many more suitors and we won't be able to compete with those clubs, who know how to negotiate for and buy players.

The Cavani deal is pure desperation.
I don’t know why people keep saying this. It’s looking more and more likely fans won’t be back for a majority of this season. Who’s going to have the money next summer?

Unless Dortmund are willing to accept lower from another club we’ll still be in the frame. However, if we pay the asking price next year you have to wonder why they didn’t do it now and have a year of added commercial value

ReddBalls

So why won't we just level with the fans and say it's over?
Then we can at least TRY to get someone else in the dying hours of the window... If we know we're not going to get him, just tell it as it is. They really can't look anymore inept then they already are, surely.
Have you ever considered that maybe it's because it isn't?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Have you ever considered that maybe it's because it isn't?
As i've posted, i'm not giving up hope until the window is closed and there is 0% chance of it happening, but with each hour that passes, you can't help but feel it's looking less likely.
I really don't know what we're doing. Are we going to just crumble and pay what Dortmund want tomorrow?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
A lot of deluded people in this thread. I can't make out whether they're wums or seriously deluded ?

ReddBalls

As i've posted, i'm not giving up hope until the window is closed and there is 0% chance of it happening, but with each hour that passes, you can't help but feel it's looking less likely.
I really don't know what we're doing. Are we going to just crumble and pay what Dortmund want tomorrow?
Either United crumbles, or Dortmund crumbles. Time is either your best friend or your worst enemy when you're negotiating.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Seldom there has been a deal that would have made so much sense. We desperately need him, he wanted to come to us.
We just would have needed to put the money on the table.
But no, we wait until the last week to send some half-assed bids underlining our current status as third tier club. What a joke.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
They'll never give up on Sancho, they'll try again in January and again next summer. They won't stop until he signs for us or someone else
That's what many fans thought about Griezmann . Remember him?
If we don't get Sancho within 48 hours, I don't think he'll ever join us (just as Griezmann).

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I read somewhere Dortmund a part of transfer fee in January and we weren't ready as we needed funds to buy Striker as Igahlo is going back in January. With Cavani deal almost done, maybe this supposed bid will finally go in?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Observing our actions will certainly do something to Dortmund's resolve... should be more resolute than ever watching us squander vast wages and fees on a forward nobody else went near all summer window.

RRCE

So, Sancho sent his personal photographer to Manchester to take pictures of Cavani?

Chief123

You'd have to assume it's off with Cavani all but signed - which is nothing more than a desperate attempt to appease the fans.

Maybe next year.
A striker was always a requirement as well as a right winger.

Ighalo leaves in a couple of months. There was no chance we were going to finish the majority of season with just Martial as our striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.