Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
The reason we are late with the offer is taking inflation into account.

£108m on 4 October is approximately worth £107.9m in August 2020 terms.

Making money even when we spend money. Ed Woodward you genius.

Banana Republic

If Sancho was only reported as “ being open to a move to Utd”, then I see no reason why he should try and force a move.
He’s obviously not desperate to come to us and seems content to stay with Dortmund for this new season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was “open to a move“ to any top club.

Dortmund have not been selling since Aug 10th and no transfer deal has been likely since then.

DBT85

Nearly 1300 pages for a signing that isn't happening. Jesus wept.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
[
If Sancho was only reported as “ being open to a move to Utd”, then I see no reason why he should try and force a move.
He’s obviously not desperate to come to us and seems content to stay with Dortmund for this new season.

Dortmund have not been selling since Aug 10th and no transfer deal has been likely since then.
Sancho sulking the last few days shows he wants to come. We have fecked up again.

Sancho has done his part.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Bloody hell. That 10th of August deadline seems like an absolute age ago now.

Woodzy

Fact we are still offering at this late stage makes me think it will get done now. Both clubs playing hardball but both probably know that this deal is going to get done eventually.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You need to disappear back down the hole you crawled out of, sunshine. Understand this, we've all had the absolute pleasure of watching many great players win every trophy there is for us. Better players then Sancho. So, when you can say the same, then come back and try again. Because, supporting Schalke, every day is SanchOFF day. You're shite and you've never even had a whiff of signing a top class player. Little gobshite.

That goes for the Dortmund plebs too. It's absolutely ridiculous to think fans of second rate clubs think they can come and try to troll on here right now.
Thing is, this thread has gained a reputation here in Germany. It's like a parallel world in which other laws of nature apply. People are in awe that United fans still think it's on because the rumor is so dead over here since weeks. Some news papers are actually making fun of their English colleagues who still think this could happen. Never seen this before. There are fans in German forums telling you that you shouldn't miss out on the Sancho thread on RedCafe.net if you want to experience the delusion first hand and have a quick laugh. The reactions range from shaking your head and bewildered laughter to anger because of the arrogance displayed. Guess there are probably many silent readers right now, so naturally a few of them register and participate.

This is probably the strangest and most confusing transfer saga I've seen. Still scratching my head how so different media perceptions in both countries came to be. I guess it really has to do with both clubs not speaking with each other directly, so that the sources of all those ITKs fed them completely different information.

keithsingleton

In a way I'm pleased it's not gone through as it was a luxury buy considering I've always said defence No1 priority. Maybe now Ole gets his arse in gear and gets it sorted, he can't say the money isn't there.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Thing is, this thread has gained a reputation here in Germany. It's like a parallel world in which other laws of nature apply. People are in awe that United fans still think it's on because the rumor is so dead over here since weeks. Some news papers are actually making fun of their English colleagues who still think this could happen. Never seen this before. There are fans in German forums telling you that you shouldn't miss out on the Sancho thread on RedCafe.net if you want to experience the delusion first hand and have a quick laugh. The reactions range from shaking your head and bewildered laughter to anger because of the arrogance displayed. Guess there are probably many silent readers right now, so naturally a few of them register and participate.

This is probably the strangest and most confusing transfer saga I've seen. Still scratching my head how so different media perceptions in both countries came to be. I guess it really has to do with both clubs not speaking with each other directly, so that the sources of all those ITKs fed them completely different information.
Proof again that Germans dont have a sense of humor. :lol: :p

Feed Me

I'm hungry

The Germans are invading (RedCafe).

Dan_F

The reason we are late with the offer is taking inflation into account.

£108m on 4 October is approximately worth £107.9m in August 2020 terms.

Making money even when we spend money. Ed Woodward you genius.
I’m definitely not a financial expert, but won’t Dortmund be demanding a fee in Euros, meaning €120 million is actually going to cost us more than it would have in August, due to the pound falling further?

King Eric 7

Dortmund has really done a number on the German fans and indeed the United fans. They have convinced the German fans that Sancho is not for sale at any price and have wound up the United fans with their "you love to see it" stuff. I think Dortmund are quite happy about the United fans being wound up and getting all frustrated about this saga on social media. All they want is the best possible price for their prized asset and have managed to convince almost everyone that they will only accept 120m upfront in guaranteed payments. We'll see what happens from now until deadline day but I think 95 + 15 is a pretty reasonable offer and somewhere very close to what they would be very tempted to accept.

lysglimt

Scout
Back in 2006/7, Essien said Chelsea would win the league because he had done the calculations and thus that meme was born when Utd won the title
I even think he gave the exact amount of points Chelsea would win by...was it 5 or 6 points ?

clarkydaz

Dortmund has really done a number on the German fans and indeed the United fans. They have convinced the German fans that Sancho is not for sale at any price and have wound up the United fans with their "you love to see it" stuff. I think Dortmund are quite happy about the United fans being wound up and getting all frustrated about this saga on social media. All they want is the best possible price for their prized asset and have managed to convince almost everyone that they will only accept 120m upfront in guaranteed payments. We'll see what happens from now until deadline day but I think 95 + 15 is a pretty reasonable offer and somewhere very close to what they would be very tempted to accept.
its all a mess. If he does stay they have an unhappy player, who will likely knuckle down, but its all been handled poorly

Rake

Well, if the deal happens, and that is a big if, they can just blame Sancho and save face because they will receive a massive fee.

JohnnyKills

Winter transfer window opens in less than three months. Guess United are hoping Sancho kicks up a fuss and downs tools, so they can come back in Jan with a reduced offer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Thank fecking christ this will all be finished one way or another tomorrow.

Muppet tears of joy or more likely despair on their way.

oz insomniac

It’s all hot air from the chinless wonder to show how he’s a hard cnut to negotiate with, never any real Intention to spend the cash as the Glazers don’t want to forfeit any dividends. Another shambolic attempt by the Uni of Bristol trio to look good without actually completing the task, The sort of show ponies I hated at Uni.

FreddieTheReddie

At this point I don’t know what would be more satisfying. Seeing Sancho nutmegging the entire league at Old Trafford or getting back at the Bundesliga supporters.

clarkydaz

Do we know if it was Dortmund who asked for 'middle men' to handle the deal? Maybe they knew then they couldnt be arsed dealing with the club direct. And they would be proven right

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nearly 1300 pages for a signing that isn't happening. Jesus wept.
I'm sure Jesus is having a good laugh. Even he said to cast your net on the other side, we’ve been chasing a ghost for months

treble_winner

Winter transfer window opens in less than three months. Guess United are hoping Sancho kicks up a fuss and downs tools, so they can come back in Jan with a reduced offer.
Well, if the deal happens, and that is a big if, they can just blame Sancho and save face because they will receive a massive fee.
We being able to complete the deal is unlikely. This transfer would need something as drastic as Sancho dumping a whole jar of pig poops in the middle of their team lunch, making even his teammates sick of him and want the Dortmund board to sell him as soon as possible. Otherwise, our chance this window is slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.