Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Today is a big day. Just as I have risen from the dead, so too will the Sancho deal. I have seen things none have seen. I have tasted things none have tasted in worlds beyond this one. I have spoken. Sancho is alive!!
Sancho is alive yes, the deal may not be though!

dabeast

Zorc is saying "definitely closed".

Close of 2019 summer transfer window - August 8
Close of 2018 summer transfer window - August 9
Original date for close of 2020 summer transfer window - September 1

When Sancho extended his contract with Dortmund for a year, he probably inserted a clause saying that if Dortmund got their expected fee (at that time, pre-COVID, 120m euros would have been what Sancho, before his 20/20 season would have commanded) he could decide where and when he wanted to go. This gave Sancho huge power in deciding where he wanted to go as well as the possibility of getting a signing-on bonus like a free-agent would have gotten.

In return, Dortmund probably said that they should be able to get this deal done by August 10 of the summer window, a time that would give them about 3 weeks extra to get in a replacement.

United probably indicated to Dortmund that they were ok with this structure but then COVID happened and players like Leroy Sane were being sold for 45m. They then thought that this Act of God invalidated previous agreements and pushed for a cheaper fee.

Understandably, Dortmund balked at this changing of terms and said 120m by Aug 10 or nothing. United have not paid that yet because they are relying on Sancho to kick up a fuss, the only way out of Dortmund that has worked (Aubameyang, Dembele). The problem is that Sancho has not done so visibly enough for long enough and now Dortmund has the option of weathering his strop and pacifying him with more wages and waiting for next summer (when others will be able to bid) and spending another season with their undeniably exciting team this year.

The question here is how badly did United want Sancho. For example, were he a generational talent like Greenwood, it would make sense for United to just have paid the 120m by Aug 10 and relied on appreciation and football performance to compensate for the extra 30m (estimated) gap in their valuations. But, if he were a Mkhitaryan/Kagawa type player, then United would be correct in not being raked over the coals in an unprecedentedly uncertain economic climate.

Dortmund has a cost to letting him go this late because any replacement would be more expensive. However, there is a benefit to letting him go for a face-saving fee (100m is a round number) because if all the big young talents watching this saga now demand a low buyout clause from Dortmund a la Haaland before they join, their business model is dead.

As for United, I would say that Sancho is generational and any gap in valuation paid now pales compared with the 500k/week he will expect to make in a few years if the transfer works as expected.

You need to disappear back down the hole you crawled out of, sunshine. Understand this, we've all had the absolute pleasure of watching many great players win every trophy there is for us. Better players then Sancho. So, when you can say the same, then come back and try again. Because, supporting Schalke, every day is SanchOFF day. You're shite and you've never even had a whiff of signing a top class player. Little gobshite.

That goes for the Dortmund plebs too. It's absolutely ridiculous to think fans of second rate clubs think they can come and try to troll on here right now.
Best rant/put down of 2020. :lol:

The Urban Goose

Today is a big day. Just as I have risen from the dead, so too will the Sancho deal. I have seen things none have seen. I have tasted things none have tasted in worlds beyond this one. I have spoken. Sancho is alive!!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time for the Sancho deal to die.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Which alternative are we signing, if any?
Cavani. He can play on the right apparently.

When he isn't injured that is.

I mean he's been constantly injured for the past two years, but we're hoping that these reccuring injuries are going to magically go away.

WPMUFC

Almost there Ed. Almost there.
that's not the important part, the important part is that the reason we are fecking around with these deals is that woodward is seemingly convinced that we can get sancho for less that 120m straight because he'll pull a dembele. Woodward has thrown everything into "Sancho will make the deal happen".

Womp

idiot
Cavani. He can play on the right apparently.

When he isn't injured that is.

I mean he's been constantly injured for the past two years, but we're hoping that these reccuring injuries are going to magically go away.
Cavani as a RW :lol:

Fahad Jawaid

Almost there Ed. Almost there.
This is actually a pretty good offer. I don't think we have seen any reports of Dortmund rejecting it. They may be happy with the transfer fee of 110M (Euros) as even they know under this pandemic this is a very competitive offer, specially considering the add-ons are performance related and not related to winning trophies.

I think Sancho will need to further kick up a fuss, he may need to make a public statement to ensure the move goes through. Otherwise he is there for at least next 3 months. However, this is risky as if we fail with the transfer and end up signing a replacement (dembele) then we may not go back and his public stance will backfire and result in him becoming a villain in front of fans. So tough days ahead but non-rejection of offer seems promising.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You need to disappear back down the hole you crawled out of, sunshine. Understand this, we've all had the absolute pleasure of watching many great players win every trophy there is for us. Better players then Sancho. So, when you can say the same, then come back and try again. Because, supporting Schalke, every day is SanchOFF day. You're shite and you've never even had a whiff of signing a top class player. Little gobshite.

That goes for the Dortmund plebs too. It's absolutely ridiculous to think fans of second rate clubs think they can come and try to troll on here right now.
Worth them being allowed on here for put downs like this :lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So, 24 hours for the club to prove they have any ambition at all any more.

At the moment, there is more chance of relegation than winning the PL. Without Sancho, I'd say almost no chance o top four. With him.... maybe

WPMUFC

20% chance of this happening IMO
essentially, the only way this happens is that Sancho refuses to leave his house, leaks to the media that he's on strike.

not even a 120 upfront offer from us is enough now. To save face, BVB would need Sancho to pull a dembele. Which he isn't going to do, and BVB are not going to accept our piecemeal deals.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
20% chance of this happening IMO
I’d say you’re an optimist. We’ve seen all this shit unfold a million times before. Cavani is the marquee signing. Pellistri is the young superstar in the making who will play six League Cup games before moving to Burnley for £3m. Sancho will move to a proper club a year from now. We will finish in the Europa League positions this season. Solskjær will be sacked. A new manager with a completely different philosophy will be appointed. Phil Jones will get a contract extension.

MDFC Manager

essentially, the only way this happens is that Sancho refuses to leave his house, leaks to the media that he's on strike.

not even a 120 upfront offer from us is enough now. To save face, BVB would need Sancho to pull a dembele. Which he isn't going to do, and BVB are not going to accept our piecemeal deals.
Yes correct. It's all simply too late.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

:lol:

Eplel

Ed calculates that if he offers the 120m Dortmund asks for, on Monday 21:59, Dortmund will reject it cause there will be no time to complete the deal, and he will be able to brief the press that he met the asking price and they still didn't go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.