Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

For all those saying that Sancho isn't worth 120 million ... remember that we paid 80 million for Maguire, nearly 50 million for AWB and 50 million for Fred.
And neither are worth the price we paid for them. You can’t have a fee everyone agrees with as ridiculously high as a benchmark. If we keep doing this, all prices would only get higher.

Having said that, it’s utter incompetence from the board. Surely they’d have known all this already and should have had two good backups in case things went south. They had all of last season and this summer to plan this.

cyberman

A club has told you there is a deadline to sign a player, you brief the press you will sign the player after the deadline. Your manager publically states you are able to "exploit" clubs due to coronavirus and your strong financial position.
Sheer arrogance.
That Ole quote was a mistake but that was said a long long time ago. Also where did we say we would sign him?
This seems like a reach to be honest. Its the fecking about we are in now thats the problem more than anything

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That Ole quote was a mistake but that was said a long long time ago. Also where did we say we would sign him?
This seems like a reach to be honest. Its the fecking about we are in now thats the problem more than anything
He still said it. Do you think its a coincidence Zorc came out and said they don't need the money and his deal had been extended? They were clearly pissed off
We actively briefed we were confident after Zorc said the deadline had passed and he stays.

monosierra

Please just pay the 120m
I don't think we have the money, or are willing to spend that amount. The entire summer Woodward has been operating under the assumption that Dortmund will surrender at the last moment and accept a bid lower than what they'd asked for.

wolvored

The 2 young wingers we have signed will put an end to the Sancho will he/wont he sign.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bye Sancho. The most boring transfer saga ever.
2 months ago there was (or not) one call.
Ed: We give yiu 70 for Sancho.
Dortmund: We want 120
Ed: We will not give you that.
Dortmund: Ok, bye.
Ed: Ok, bye.

But press and fans made transfer saga about it

Ranchero

This transfer is a waste of our emotional time, and not for the first time. And it is symbolic of the state of our club. A complete shambles.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Bye Sancho. The most boring transfer saga ever.
2 months ago there was (or not) one call.
Ed: We give yiu 70 for Sancho.
Dortmund: We want 120
Ed: We will not give you that.
Dortmund: Ok, bye.
Ed: Ok, bye.

But press and fans made transfer saga about it
Youre looking at the wrong way. The club might not give us much to be excited about, so we create our own on the Caf.

Loon

:lol:
I’m fooling myself into thinking the hamfisted handling of this might bring about a change in how the club conducts itself.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Utter waste of our emotional time, this transfer, not for the first time. And it symbolic of the state of our club. A complete shambles.
You don’t have to be here. If you’ve fallen off the wagon, you don’t need to keep telling everyone how weak you are.

Im sorry for your loss....

TheRedDevil2019

Got a sneaky feeling Ed will put a final offer in of £100million this evening. The sale of Smalling and possible further departures will give Ole the extra funds needed to offer that bit more. Be interesting to see if anything materializes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I spent my entire summer here, hopelessly refreshing for nothing.

I feel the club needs to pay me £10 per refresh, please Ed.

clarkydaz

I don't think we have the money, or are willing to spend that amount. The entire summer Woodward has been operating under the assumption that Dortmund will surrender at the last moment and accept a bid lower than what they'd asked for.
whispers coming out is we have the money, but they wont even accept that now due to the pisstake negotiating tactics. The club have left it too late

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think its clear now the Glazer's dont care if United compete or not. The Sancho deal was easy, they were given a price and a dead line and the player was going to sign, I feel sorry for Ole tbh. He has clearly been sold a line and been left to dangle. what deosnt make sense is backing out of Sancho and buying Cavani, Telles and 2 youngsters, I mean what would the short fall would have been to forget those transfers and go all out for Sancho? If that coupled with getting Dembele of a permanent its a very fecked up situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.