Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancan92

Unless we told Jadon we would definetley pay 120m then I cant see what promises we could even break.
We tried our best and Dortmund said no. Its the stupid contract signing last year that fecked it and Jadon will know that.
Come on. We knew the price probably before we started talking to Sancho directly. We carried on negotiating to the point he makes it awkward with the current club. Everyone and their dog knows it's only gonna happen if we pay a specific amount. Yet we never do and he is left in an awkward position with his current club. No ones positions have changed except from united. We knew we couldn't afford him yet strung him along all summer.

ravi2

Unless we told Jadon we would definetley pay 120m then I cant see what promises we could even break.
We tried our best and Dortmund said no. Its the stupid contract signing last year that fecked it and Jadon will know that.

Yeah right, its Jadons fault that the club didnt want to pay 120 for him when they paid 80 for Macguire last year?
How do you know they tried their best?
Do not deflect blame from where it belongs, Jadon did nothing wrong except believing in MUFC

Apologist posts like yours are sickening.

el3mel

Even after he wanted it, the manager wanted him, Dortmund wanted to sell - Sancho will not be joining this window or any other for that matter.

It's actually funny. In the masochist kinda way.
Gonna go on the shelf alongside many other players that we thought he's nailed to play for us and never happened. Sneijder, Vidal, Griezmann..etc.

cyberman

Come on. We knew the price probably before we started talking to Sancho directly. We carried on negotiating to the point he makes it awkward with the current club. Everyone and their dog knows it's only gonna happen if we pay a specific amount. Yet we never do and he is left in an awkward position with his current club. No ones positions have changed except from united. We knew we couldn't afford him yet strung him along all summer.
Everybody knew the price and we were the only club to really make an effort for him.
I cant see how thats any worse than a club who didn't bother, bought other players and thought he wasnt worth it as well.
Thats all my point is. Sancho wouldn't have been liklier to come to us next summer if we didnt bother chasing him this not would he have thrown a tanturm last week if he blamed us. . It doesn't make sense.

Member 101269

Yeah right, its Jadons fault that the club didnt want to pay 120 for him when they paid 80 for Macguire last year?
How do you know they tried their best?
Do not deflect blame from where it belongs, Jadon did nothing wrong except believing in MUFC

Apologist posts like yours are sickening.

If cash was so awash in football we’d see many big clubs spending big. It’s not apologist it’s realist.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So let me get this right, according to you BD wouldn't take the payment from us in installments but be willing to do it for liverpool next year and cheaper when there is a good chance they be financially worse off then they are now if the scientists are to be believe on covid been a major issue for the next 9/12 months, ok.

This years signings was done only done thanks to Wolves wiliness to let a player go they value at 45 million and only seek 4 up front for the first year, and BM taken it also like that on the Thiago deal, you really think BD are going to accept their terms, if yes, gis some of what you are smoking.

Show me when since fsg took over have they heavily invested in players when they didn't have the money they did when they signed those 2 for the money made from their player going to Barca for 100 plus.
It was reported in back in July that Dortmund expected instalments from United of €70-€30-€20, but United where intent on driving down the asking price as they didn't think €120m was realistic.
But frankly there has been so much bullshit fed to the British media as a smokescreen, who knows what United's version of the truth is.

"there is a good chance they be financially worse off then they are now if the scientists are to be believe on covid been a major issue for the next 9/12 months"
Just answered your own question there haven't you...
Dortmund may well be in a more financially difficult position, and need to cash in more than they currently do.
So if Sancho were to be reduced to lets say €90m, I don't have any doubts that Liverpool's negotiators could strike an instalment deal with Dortmund.
Their people are savvy, United's are not. Don't try to compare apples to oranges.

Also, do you really think that if United had made an enquiry for Jota, Wolves would have quoted £45m on the same terms that Liverpool got..?
Not a chance, he would have been £60m for us, take it or leave it.

This window, Liverpool have spent approx £75m so far, if they can do similar next window, they could put all of those funds towards Sancho, and that's not even taking into account one of Salah or Mane being sold.
To discount Liverpool from the race, I think is being very complacent, especially if they retain the title and United fail to reach the CL.

Chief123

No-one really gives a shit. Let the window end, there will be war against Woodward
I actually feel bad for Telles and Cavani because they are arriving after a complete shit show in the market and also on the pitch. I’m feel even more sorry for VDB. Seems a top lad and a great player yet there has been little excitement and focus on him because the whole summer has been dominated with chasing Sancho tied behind a moving truck.

pascell

We're never going to progress as a football club whilst Woodward is involved, this transfer saga is proof.

We had a free run at someone who is not only very marketable but would also consistently produce moments of magic on our right wing that we've not had since Ronaldo.

The writing was on the wall back in August when the 'agent fee and wages' were an obstacle and thats when I knew we'd fecked up. We we had a whole year to sound out his agent to see what fee and wages would be involved and we still screwed it up.

Ed Woodward is the definition of the word novice, when it comes to footballing matters.

Chief123

It was reported in back in July that Dortmund expected instalments from United of €70-€30-€20, but United where intent on driving down the asking price as they didn't think €120m was realistic.
But frankly there has been so much bullshit fed to the British media as a smokescreen, who knows what United's version of the truth is.

"there is a good chance they be financially worse off then they are now if the scientists are to be believe on covid been a major issue for the next 9/12 months"
Just answered your own question there haven't you...
Dortmund may well be in a more financially difficult position, and need to cash in more than they currently do.
So if Sancho were to be reduced to lets say €90m, I don't have any doubts that Liverpool's negotiators could strike an instalment deal with Dortmund.
Their people are savvy, United's are not. Don't try to compare apples to oranges.

Also, do you really think that if United had made an enquiry for Jota, Wolves would have quoted £45m on the same terms that Liverpool got..?
Not a chance, he would have been £60m for us, take it or leave it.

This window, Liverpool have spent approx £75m so far, if they can do similar next window, they could put all of those funds towards Sancho, and that's not even taking into account one of Salah or Mane being sold.
To discount Liverpool from the race, I think is being very complacent, especially if they retain the title and United fail to reach the CL.
They’ve actually made around £10m profit this window while acquiring Thiago and Jota. Great business and window for them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No its the fact United decided to miss the deadline and were arrogant they could do the deal after. United pissed Dortmund off and this is why this has not been done.
Zorc said that they had agreed with Sancho that he could leave for a certain price before a certain date. Both were public knowledge, United were busy briefing that the deadline was not an issue and that they wouldn't pay more than 50m.
Its no coincidence Ole apolgiesed the other day for saying United could exploit other clubs financial position in this market, sheer arrogance and in the end we look like amateurs yet again.

Dr. StrangeHate

For all those saying that Sancho isn't worth 120 million ... remember that we paid 80 million for Maguire, nearly 50 million for AWB and 50 million for Fred.
This is exactly why we don't want to make the same mistake again.

Ikon

They’ve actually made around £10m profit this window while acquiring Thiago and Jota. Great business and window for them.
I agree, I was quoting someone else that had said Liverpool couldn't be in the race for Sancho next Summer.

Judas

Open to offers
There is no one to blame but Woody etc., not Dortmund, not Sancho for signing a contract last year, purely us. We're an arrogant shit show of a club that hasn't got a clue.

Toad

Ed will probably submit a bid last minute when he knows it too late so he can say to people “I tried”

luke511

I think Sancho will make sure to choose any club over us in the future if given the choice, completely fecked him and his team about for nothing.

Chief123

I agree, I was quoting someone else that had said Liverpool couldn't be in the race for Sancho next Summer.
Yeah I don’t accept the fact Liverpool can not sign Sancho next summer. If they agree to sell Mane or Salah, they most definitely can sign him. Dortmund were reportedly happy with installments as opposed to up front. There’s no reason why Liverpool couldn’t strike a deal of £20m per year or even less if they are able to give an up front fee by selling one of their current players.

RUCK4444

Yeah I don’t accept the fact Liverpool can not sign Sancho next summer. If they agree to sell Mane or Salah, they most definitely can sign him. Dortmund were reportedly happy with installments as opposed to up front. There’s no reason why Liverpool couldn’t strike a deal of £20m per year or even less if they are able to give an up front fee by selling one of their current players.
Doesn’t seem the type of player Klopp would go for. Doesn’t look like a high energy workhorse off the ball.

Might be wrong.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There is no one to blame but Woody etc., not Dortmund, not Sancho for signing a contract last year, purely us. We're an arrogant shit show of a club that hasn't got a clue.
Wonder if Woody was also stringing Ole along too? Or did OGS also insist that we try this approach?

SAF/Gill were able to pull this stuff off, but Woody and Ole don’t have the experience or gravitas to do the same.

Ikon

Put it this way, I'll be more surprised to see him in a United shirt than I would a Liverpool shirt.

ravi2

Some of the posters here trying to pin this mess on Sancho are delusional as feck.
This is 100% on Woodward, Judge and the bloodsucking Glazers.

cyberman

No its the fact United decided to miss the deadline and were arrogant they could do the deal after. United pissed Dortmund off and this is why this has not been done.
Zorc said that they had agreed with Sancho that he could leave for a certain price before a certain date. Both were public knowledge, United were busy briefing that the deadline was not an issue and that they wouldn't pay more than 50m.
Its no coincidence Ole apolgiesed the other day for saying United could exploit other clubs financial position in this market, sheer arrogance and in the end we look like amateurs yet again.
Again, whats arrogant? We could not pay it at the terms Dortmund demanded. Trying to negotiate, which reportedly Dortmund were still contributing to, to still sign Jadon isnt a black mark against us. All that has come out from our side is we are still talking with Dortmund. Wheres the arrogance in that? We were.
So we have a better chance of signing Jadon if we halted all communication before the Sevilla game? What if Dortmund set the next deadline even earlier, just give up then as well?
We didnt set the deadline, Dortmund did. We didnt set the ridiculous terms so wildly that nobody came in for him. Dortmund did. We didnt sign a new contract with this stupid agreement that gave Dortmund all the leverage, Jadon did.
We are just one of literally every professional club in existence that couldnt pay up for Jadon.

Chief123

Doesn’t seem the type of player Klopp would go for. Doesn’t look like a high energy workhorse off the ball.

Might be wrong.
I think Klopp can make any player play the way he wants to be fair. He generally makes a player into what they are. Salah and Mane adopted the intensity and desire to defend how he wants them to. Sancho is good and young enough to buy into any philosophy.

RUCK4444

I think Klopp can make any player play the way he wants to be fair. He generally makes a player into what they are. Salah and Mane adopted the intensity and desire to defend how he wants them to. Sancho is good and young enough to buy into any philosophy.
Yeah I suppose that’s right but was just thinking about what we've seen from him so far, magic dribbler and linkup, just doesn’t look that high energy type but like you say Klopp has that knack of moulding players.

Heaven forbid he goes there.

It's clear now that Woodward had the deal lined up for today but the increasing details about Sancho breaking covid laws, feigning illness to skip training + games - looks like we've dodged a bullet lads. Glad Woodward saw sense and blocked the deal going through.

LoneStar

If Utd were to go back in for him next summer, one thing is guaranteed that Dortmund won't accept anything less than 120m euros considering we were willing to pay it at the end. If anything, they'll happily sell to other buyers for the same price.
He’ll have one year less on his contract? And if he doesn’t perform as well, his value could very well drop.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Again, whats arrogant? We could not pay it at the terms Dortmund demanded. Trying to negotiate, which reportedly Dortmund were still contributing to, to still sign Jadon isnt a black mark against us. All that has come out from our side is we are still talking with Dortmund. Wheres the arrogance in that? We were.
So we have a better chance of signing Jadon if we halted all communication before the Sevilla game? What if Dortmund set the next deadline even earlier, just give up then as well?
We didnt set the deadline, Dortmund did. We didnt set the ridiculous terms so wildly that nobody came in for him. Dortmund did. We didnt sign a new contract with this stupid agreement that gave Dortmund all the leverage, Jadon did.
We are just one of literally every professional club in existence that couldnt pay up for Jadon.
A club has told you there is a deadline to sign a player, you brief the press you will sign the player after the deadline. Your manager publically states you are able to "exploit" clubs due to coronavirus and your strong financial position.
Sheer arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.