Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

The Chelsea link must be garbage given the wide players they have but if not then a cheeky bid for Hudson Odoi would be a good move in my opinion.
What did he really do in football to deserve this big respect in football? every time I watch him he is sh*t.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Obviously it's probably a load of nonsense but he'd be fantastic for Chelsea playing where Willian is. Perfect for them.

I don't think we will be going for him personally. We've got to buy a striker, CM and probably a new LB before another winger. James is doing well and Greenwood is doing decent coming in and playing as a wide forward at times.

I'd like Sancho at United but I think we've got bigger priorities right now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Obviously it's probably a load of nonsense but he'd be fantastic for Chelsea playing where Willian is. Perfect for them.

I don't think we will be going for him personally. We've got to buy a striker, CM and probably a new LB before another winger. James is doing well and Greenwood is doing decent coming in and playing as a wide forward at times.

He's perfect for us as well. I think midfield and attack are our biggest problems. He'd elevate one of the two. Rather him than Haaland.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Linked with Bayern and tore it up in EL as far as i can tell
Im not sure he even did that tbh, he actually owes Sancho a lot of thanks because if it wasn't for Sancho ripping it up in Germany then I doubt Bayern would have ever looked for their own version

The fact he's not first choice at Chelsea even though he's been fit for a while now says it all

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

James hasn’t scored a goal for 3 months.

Cliche Guevara

Do Chelsea have that money? Are they still spending the same? I’m not so sure.

I suppose they have made some decent profits recently.

Last edited:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The Chelsea link must be garbage given the wide players they have but if not then a cheeky bid for Hudson Odoi would be a good move in my opinion.
i think if we get him we will loan him back, ala Pulisic. Come summer Pedro probably goes, maybe Willian too, although i do like him. Then Sancho arrives and he and Pulisic play on the wings for us. I am never trusting of The Sun, plus i still think Zaha is nailed on

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Do Chelsea have that money? Are they still spending the same? I’m not so sure.
yes we do have it. Every penny we earnt last season through Tv, prize money, sales we havent touched. That's without whatever is in the budget anyway or what Roman may add to it. Which he will

Cliche Guevara

yes we do have it. Every penny we earnt last season through Tv, prize money, sales we havent touched. That's without whatever is in the budget anyway or what Roman may add to it. Which he will
Yeah I suppose in theory you could go all-in on one player at that level. I just wasn’t sure if that’s the kind of spending Chelsea would be looking to do as it would surely use up all the budget and represent a massive increase on record purchase?

wolvored

Isnt he a cockney as well? This could have a bearing on where he plays next. This could be a real transfer happening. As for Utd we surely need to look at CM and a 20/25 goals a season striker first, as we have James and Greenwood, even Dalot could play from the right.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Isnt he a cockney as well? This could have a bearing on where he plays next. This could be a real transfer happening. As for Utd we surely need to look at CM and a 20/25 goals a season striker first, as we have James and Greenwood, even Dalot could play from the right.
Cockney! West Ham or Milwall it is

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Which means we can’t spend more than that ever again?
Totally missing the point. Liverpool just signed a player for £7.5m who is supposed to be very good by all accounts. They got Mane for £30m and Salah for £35m.

We need better scouts and a better board. Spending £120-130m on Sancho???? Any of us could do that. It's just fantasy football stuff.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Totally missing the point. Liverpool just signed a player for £7.5m who is supposed to be very good by all accounts. They got Mane for £30m and Salah for £35m.

We need better scouts and a better board. Spending £120-130m on Sancho???? Any of us could do that. It's just fantasy football stuff.
I’m not missing the point, you’re changing the point. You said ‘£120m then? We've spent £60-70m net a season for last few years. Where do people think the money is coming from?’ I responded that I don’t think money would be an issue, you are now saying the point is that we shouldn’t be spending the money after all, and should pursue bargains.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
No doubt a fantastic prospect but I really don’t think he should be our priority. We have already got young and exciting players for those positions.

We need a proper striker over Sancho and a top drawer midfielder or even two.

In Rainbows

Im not sure he even did that tbh, he actually owes Sancho a lot of thanks because if it wasn't for Sancho ripping it up in Germany then I doubt Bayern would have ever looked for their own version

The fact he's not first choice at Chelsea even though he's been fit for a while now says it all
He was a great prospect. Then he did his achilles. Surely he must have lost some athleticism with that injury.

GenZRed

I think Sancho will fit in at Chelsea. I believe he is friends with CHO and with all the young English players he will only be positive for team spirit.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Yea i agree. I think we need a striker and a 10 before a RW. We badly need a good 10.

And we also need some MFs.

Last edited:

Green_Red

Read on skysports Chelsea about to sign him for £120 million. Absolute madness if true.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He's not a cockney (thank feck!).

He's from South London, grew up about 4 miles from Stamford Bridge.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I believe he is friends with CHO and with all the young English players he will only be positive for team spirit.
He is. CHO said this recently about Sancho...

"We have known each other since we were very young," Hudson-Odoi told reporters about Sancho. "We used to play against each other and we were always close friends.

"No matter whether it was Chelsea against Watford, [or] where we used to play against each other. We have always talked to each other off the pitch, called each other, speak to each other, see how the other one is going and he has had a great season.

"Since I have been here with England, he has helped me from day one, always made me feel comfortable and confident. Having a friend like that is amazing, just to bring you into the team and help yourself and be yourself. It is amazing."

When asked about the pair's apparent fearless attitude to playing at the elite level, Hudson-Odoi replied: "From young, I have been the same. We have both been playing as we did on the street, that's just how we play. We have been playing as we did in the park and cages.

reddevilchennai

Signing Sancho is now or never.
I agree RW is not the priority now, but in a season or two we will surely need RW.
I do not fancy Greenwood in RW. He is a natural striker and no need to shift him to the wings and will hinder his game.
Letting Chelsea sign him without us showing any fight is foolish. After he goes to Chelsea and play like Hazard, we can see us moaning how we missed him when we had chance to sign him.

Pay whatever it takes to sign him.

Jonno

Coutinho was their best player. This argument is weird. He sold their most talented player. Other teams would Not get away with that. Imagine Barcelona sold Iniesta in 2015
He was Liverpool’s most valuable player and most talented, but he didn’t fit Klopps long term philosophy

A little like for example selling Pogba... he’s our most talented player, most valuable asset, but we could sell him and re-strengthen in other areas. If we were to do that, get for example 100m for Pogba, and buy 2 x 50m players, have the net spend is zero, yet Ole had a financial asset in Pogba to help him in the transfer market. Back to my argument, people are praising Klopp for excellent net spend, but all I’m saying is he is blessed with the ability to flog an asset like Coutinho to aid his spending.

Also... worth noting, United sold their best player in Ronaldo, and won the PL 2 years later. It does happen in world football.

GenZRed

Instead of spending £100 million plus on a forward. I think we could do with signing a couple of midfielders instead. A good CB won't go amiss either, unless we give Smalling another try, with Maguire.

Might as well sign another goalkeeper. Or give Romero a go.

Fridge chutney

Sancho is definitely going to Chelsea. He supports them, they're flush with cash from oil and from the sale of Hazard, he's a cockney/from London so he'll be close to friends and family, and they have a positional need for a player like him.

It makes too much sense.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sancho is definitely going to Man Utd. United are the biggest club in the land and have far more appeal/allure than Chelsea. United will give Dortmund the higher transfer fee, Sancho the higher wage and also bathe his reps/agents in ££££.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sancho is definitely going to Man Utd. United are the biggest club in the land and have far more appeal/allure than Chelsea. United will give Dortmund the higher transfer fee, Sancho the higher wage and also bathe his reps/agents in ££££.
Chelsea was the team he supported as a boy, wouldn’t rule it out

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Chelsea was the team he supported as a boy, wouldn’t rule it out
I've heard he supported Drogba more than Chelsea but could be wrong.

I think too much is made of his friends being at Chelsea too. It'll come down to money at the end of the day and whoever pays Dortmund, Sancho and his agents the most will likely sign the player. And I think United will pay significantly more than chelsea in that regard.

Fridge chutney

I've heard he supported Drogba more than Chelsea but could be wrong.

I think too much is made of his friends being at Chelsea too. It'll come down to money at the end of the day and whoever pays Dortmund, Sancho and his agents the most will likely sign the player. And I think United will pay significantly more than chelsea in that regard.
You may be right but it's not worth getting your hopes up. We've been through a lot of transfer pain recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.