Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

Were we not n the UCL?

well yes, but they won the Champions League that Year which is what he gave as the main reason for choosing them. Its different but equally short sighted, and points to how fickle these players Can be.

Womp

idiot
We ain't paying 150m for a single player, I'd be surprised to see us spend that in total, especially after spending the Bruno money.

cyberman

well yes, but they won the Champions League that Year which is what he gave as the main reason for choosing them. Its different but equally short sighted, and points to how fickle these players Can be.
We refused to pay his agent fees, nothing to do with being CL champions

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We ain't paying 150m for a single player, I'd be surprised to see us spend that in total, especially after spending the Bruno money.
If Sancho wants to come and Dortmund are open to a deal, money will not stop this deal I don’t think. There’s no point us even joining this conversation if we are not willing to pay 9 figures, and we’d be aware of that and have dropped our interest a long time ago if that were the case.

Womp

idiot
If Sancho wants to come and Dortmund are open to a deal, money will not stop this deal I don’t think. There’s no point us even joining this conversation if we are not willing to pay 9 figures, and we’d be aware of that and have dropped our interest a long time ago if that were the case.
Can see us spending around the 100 mark at most tbh. It's becoming pretty evident that we can't just throw our money around as much as we use to. Only way I see 150m happening is if we sell Pogba for good money, problem being, there doesn't seem to be many clubs interested supposedly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can see us spending around the 100 mark at most tbh. It's becoming pretty evident that we can't just throw our money around as much as we use to. Only way I see 150m happening is if we sell Pogba for good money, problem being, there doesn't seem to be many clubs interested supposedly.
Only way we’ll only spend 100m is if that’s what we think he’s worth. If we don’t think 150 is value, we won’t spend it regardless of what happens with Pogba I doubt. We’ll take out a credit card if we have to.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He just teased. He was probably already going there

Bondi77

I am really looking forward to seeing Sancho at the Euros because the hype this guy is getting it is sounding like he is going to be one of the best in the world soon.
If he is pimped out in the summer I think there is no way that Utd will offer anything more than 60mil for the kid and that is even if they make a bid.
Mason will have a season under his belt and will be stronger next season and he will be the regular starter on the right for the foreseeable future

We will have idiots like Goldbridge whipping the fans up into a frenzy while spruiking every unfounded report from every media outlet in the world while raking in money from the betting agencies and then the fans will feel massively letdown that we missed out on him.

It is just so predictable.

RkkMan

I am really looking forward to seeing Sancho at the Euros because the hype this guy is getting it is sounding like he is going to be one of the best in the world soon.
If he is pimped out in the summer I think there is no way that Utd will offer anything more than 60mil for the kid and that is even if they make a bid.
Mason will have a season under his belt and will be stronger next season and he will be the regular starter on the right for the foreseeable future

We will have idiots like Goldbridge whipping the fans up into a frenzy while spruiking every unfounded report from every media outlet in the world while raking in money from the betting agencies and then the fans will feel massively letdown that we missed out on him.

First of all we wouldn`t be interested in him for over a year if we didn`t know we`d have to pay a record fee to get him even Utd correspondents are reporting Utd know they have to pay up big time for him if we can fork 80m for a 26yr old CB 100m+ for a world class 19 year old won`t be a problem especially since we will need a new poster boy after Pogba goes
Mason has world class potential but he`s only playing on the RW for the short term cause he is still developing the necessary physicality for a No9 in the long term he will be a striker his natural position will never be RW he doesn`t have the pace for it and it would be a waste to utilize his finishing from out wide than in the middle when he is physically ready

Valencia Shin Crosses

Have you watched him play? He's on the shortlist for best wingers in the world right now. 60 million wouldn't even get us a call back ffs.

Judas

Open to offers

:lol: What a bizarre post. The idea of us bidding 60m and no more (if we bid at all) might be the oddest random nonsense I’ve read on here this year.
Would make some sense if you were talking about some utter nobody player, but you’re in a thread about Sancho, one of the most gifted young players in world football, showcasing his talent every week already in a top league.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This lad has been patiently waiting to join United. At 17 City scuppered his hopes of joining us and he had to settle for Dortmund. Hopefully we can grant his wish of wearing the famous red of Manchester United in the summer.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It's the dream signing this summer that's for sure.

A piece of the puzzle that shouldn't need changing for a long time.

zenith

This lad has been patiently waiting to join United. At 17 City scuppered his hopes of joining us and he had to settle for Dortmund. Hopefully we can grant his wish of wearing the famous red of Manchester United in the summer.

What a nothing tweet that is and I expect to see a lot more of these for the next few months.

Bondi77

:lol: What a bizarre post. The idea of us bidding 60m and no more (if we bid at all) might be the oddest random nonsense I’ve read on here this year.
Would make some sense if you were talking about some utter nobody player, but you’re in a thread about Sancho, one of the most gifted young players in world football, showcasing his talent every week already in a top league.
What is bizarre about it?
Do you follow our recent transfer history?
We have just spent the past six months refusing to pay more than 50mil quid for a player that was head and shoulders the best player in his own league and was the top goal scoring midfielder in Europe and in his prime.
We still have Alexis on the payroll and no one is going to pay the money that we are after for Pogba so we will either be stuck with him or sell him back to Juve for less than we paid for him.
Like I said; I cannot wait to see him in the Euros to see if he can take his club form to the competitive international stage because if he does it will give us a great chance to win silverware and that is something we have not done for a very long time.
All I have stated is what I think the club will do,
If you think we are going to come out in the summer and pay the 100+mil for Sancho with our current roster staying the same then you are not paying attention to what the club is doing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What is bizarre about it?
Do you follow our recent transfer history?
We have just spent the past six months refusing to pay more than 50mil quid for a player that was head and shoulders the best player in his own league and was the top goal scoring midfielder in Europe and in his prime.
We still have Alexis on the payroll and no one is going to pay the money that we are after for Pogba so we will either be stuck with him or sell him back to Juve for less than we paid for him.
Like I said; I cannot wait to see him in the Euros to see if he can take his club form to the competitive international stage because if he does it will give us a great chance to win silverware and that is something we have not done for a very long time.
All I have stated is what I think the club will do,
If you think we are going to come out in the summer and pay the 100+mil for Sancho with our current roster staying the same then you are not paying attention to what the club is doing.
I think we'll spend even 140m on Sancho if that's what is required - even if Pogba stays. Pogba will probably leave though, and I think we do both Pogba and Grealish. Bruno was basically part of last summers budget (or this season). Next season we'll have our targets, the main being Sancho and Grealish. Can see both happening (with a few sales).

Bondi77

I think we'll spend even 140m on Sancho if that's what is required - even if Pogba stays. Pogba will probably leave though, and I think we do both Pogba and Grealish. Bruno was basically part of last summers budget (or this season). Next season we'll have our targets, the main being Sancho and Grealish. Can see both happening (with a few sales).
Who will we be selling?

reddevilchennai

Who will we be selling?
Pogba - He wants to leave. Himself & his agent has been speaking ill about United while praising Madrid. 120m.
Lingard & Periera - Ole had enough of them. They will be sold for sure. Total 20m -30m for both.
Smalling - He will be sold. 20m.
Jones - He is not playing that much. Can sell him and reduce our wage bill by 100k per week. 5m - 10m.
Sanchez - Selling him will reduce our wage bill by 375k per week. Difficult to find a buyer. 15m.

Apart from them, we can sell Matic (if we get a good CDM like Partey), Mata.

Bondi77

Pogba - He wants to leave. Himself & his agent has been speaking ill about United while praising Madrid. 120m.
Lingard & Periera - Ole had enough of them. They will be sold for sure. Total 20m -30m for both.
Smalling - He will be sold. 20m.
Jones - He is not playing that much. Can sell him and reduce our wage bill by 100k per week. 5m - 10m.
Sanchez - Selling him will reduce our wage bill by 375k per week. Difficult to find a buyer. 15m.

Apart from them, we can sell Matic (if we get a good CDM like Partey), Mata.
I take it you mean Euros and not Sterling,
I will just keep an eye on your first one; 120mil for Pogba!

Andersons Dietician

Supposedly we were in for Mbappe ( Didn’t like how we played football under Jose) that was 140mil. So don’t see why we wouldn’t go to exceptional prices for the right player. Money is there it’s just we can’t really afford to be wasting it or taking huge risks with it.

‘We just paid 80 mil for a CB and 50 for a RB. I’m sure if Sancho, Mbappe or the likes were/ are available we’d pay what it takes if it makes sense.

Was the Bruno money staggered payments as well? Very few clubs will pay 80 mil off in one go. Likely we would try and work a deal with Dortmund where it’s like 60-80 mil now. 40 mil next year then another 20 or something the year after.

bosnian_red

Who will we be selling?
Some sales, some being cleared off wages:
  • Pogba (even if not for crazy money... call it £70-£80m?)
  • Sanchez (even on a free and paying a smaller bit of his wages)
  • Rojo (contract)
  • Smalling - £20m
  • One of Pereira/Lingard - £15m
  • Possibly Jones - £5m
Wages are our biggest killer tbh. We'll be fine in terms of transfer fees, even if we only recoup a small fraction of the above. Net spend of about £150m I'm sure we can do just fine, with the right options. Sancho and Grealish are the right options for what we're building, so that's why I see a bigger push for them and can see a combined fee of £200m for the two (after installments and split up).

romufc

Some sales, some being cleared off wages:
  • Pogba (even if not for crazy money... call it £70-£80m?)
  • Sanchez (even on a free and paying a smaller bit of his wages)
  • Rojo (contract)
  • Smalling - £20m
  • One of Pereira/Lingard - £15m
  • Possibly Jones - £5m
Wages are our biggest killer tbh. We'll be fine in terms of transfer fees, even if we only recoup a small fraction of the above. Net spend of about £150m I'm sure we can do just fine, with the right options. Sancho and Grealish are the right options for what we're building, so that's why I see a bigger push for them and can see a combined fee of £200m for the two (after installments and split up).
We have cleared wages in the last 18 month. I know we have signed players on decent wages but like Bruno is 70k a week. We get rid of Lingard that is already covered.

Pogba and Sanchez are our biggest earners and if we sell them both, we will have amost £600k a week to spend on wages, which could be spent on 4 players?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is just so random tweet. How does it know what in Sancho's mind?
Because journalists speak to the player, his reps, the selling/buying club. David Ornstein reported similar last year about Sancho preferring to join United. John Cross is pretty adamant Sancho wants the Man Utd move.

bosnian_red

We have cleared wages in the last 18 month. I know we have signed players on decent wages but like Bruno is 70k a week. We get rid of Lingard that is already covered.

Pogba and Sanchez are our biggest earners and if we sell them both, we will have amost £600k a week to spend on wages, which could be spent on 4 players?
Yeah exactly. A lot cleared recently and more to be cleared. There's a lot more to transfers than just pure transfer budget these days, but I dont think we'll have a problem getting both if both are willing to come, and then it's just standard selling a few dead wood players so it's not a bloated squad.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: jeez do some research there's been plenty of info since then. It's been quite clearly stated we refused to pay the £7/8m in agents fee's for a transfer that was already costing 30m. At the time it was high and Fergie didn't want to be taken for a ride - we probably regret it now.

Him saying it at that stage was just announcing it, not the reason he made the decision.

Renegade

I doubt Bruno is being paid less than Shaw and Lingard.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Atletico just bought Felix for 113m not long ago. Good luck in persuading Dortmund to let Sancho go for 100m.
I reckon it will be at least 120m, depends on how many clubs are interested.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yeah, but the point I was making is we didn't need to offer him 200k like some people think we need to to attract players.
Bruno case is different. He comes from a relatively small club and weak league, with lack of interest from other big club in signing him.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I really hope we sign this guy, he's one of those players that can cause unrest in the oppositions box without needing to pass it around with a team mate.
What you get from him is speed, dribbling pass people like they weren't even there, picks out he's team mate more often than not in the box with either a cross, cut back or a simple pass. We need to state a statement of intent with he's signing!

Bondi77

Because journalists speak to the player, his reps, the selling/buying club. David Ornstein reported similar last year about Sancho preferring to join United. John Cross is pretty adamant Sancho wants the Man Utd move.
Do you know that Sancho is a Londoner and was a huge Chelsea fan when he was a kid and probably still is.
I would not pay any attention to John Cross as he is a garbage journo.

Judas

Open to offers
Wow didn't know Sancho is a LONDONER and he was a Chelsea fan as a boy?!? why hasn't anyone said this before?! My whole world has be shattered, destroyed, mashed.

Well I guess this means he's off to Chelsea, and if they don't want him most likely Fulham.

Close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.