Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you know that Sancho is a Londoner and was a huge Chelsea fan when he was a kid and probably still is.
I would not pay any attention to John Cross as he is a garbage journo.
Did you know Sancho and his family had no issues moving away from London and Chelsea when City came calling?

RedDevilRoshi

I know they took him from Watford. But if he loved Chelsea so much he could've joined them. But like they say, money talks and BS walks.
True.

Then again, no one reputable recently has mentioned Chelsea are in for him other than our resident Chelsea fans on here. I can’t see them spending about £120M on another winger when they have so many options in that position. It’s like us signing another GK this summer. They need a striker more than a winger.

Last edited:

croadyman

He would be a serious statement signing but simply have to qualify for champions league to make it happen, I know people will point to Pogba & Zlatan joining when we were in the europa league but my gut feeling is that Jadon would not feel the same way as them.

Bondi77

True.

Then again, no one reputable recently has mentioned Chelsea are in for him other than our resident Chelsea fans on here. I can’t see them spending about £120M on another winger when they have so many options in that position. It’s like us signing another GK this summer. They need a striker more than a winger.
Who is reputable that is linking him with Utd?
There may be more people in the media that are linking him to Utd but that is because Utd are the biggest club in the world so it gets more attention

Bondi77

So he's off to Chelsea then?
Pulisic was a big Utd fan and he is at Chelsea so I really do not know.
The only point I am making is where the kid is from and where he grew up so he would have family in London and supported Chelsea as a kid and he would have friends there.
Maybe he likes to live in Manchester more than London, I do not know what the kid likes away from football.
Maybe Chelsea will offer more money than we do.
There is no doubt that living in London is an attraction for a professional footballer.

Josh 76

Pulisic was a big Utd fan and he is at Chelsea so I really do not know.
The only point I am making is where the kid is from and where he grew up so he would have family in London and supported Chelsea as a kid and he would have friends there.
Maybe he likes to live in Manchester more than London, I do not know what the kid likes away from football.
Maybe Chelsea will offer more money than we do.
There is no doubt that living in London is an attraction for a professional footballer.
Does it really matter who you supported as a kid?
If I was a footballer and Utd offered me 100k a week and spurs offered me 200k a week. I know where I would sign.

Bondi77

If I was a footballer and Utd offered me 100k a week and spurs offered me 200k a week. I know where I would sign.
What if Utd offer 180 a week a nd Spurs offer 200 a week and you are a Utd supporter?

romufc

It does, look at Ighalo had offers from Spurs too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It does, look at Ighalo had offers from Spurs too.
Look at Ramsey, ManUtd fan who signed for Arsenal even after both clubs agreed fee.

Ighalo case is different, he is at the end of his career.

Bondi77

Don’t know about you guys but most kids who loved football when I was growing up dreamed of scoring a goal for their club in an FA Cup final and not opening up their first bank account.

Alabaster Codify7

Look at Ramsey, ManUtd fan who signed for Arsenal even after both clubs agreed fee.

Ighalo case is different, he is at the end of his career.
That's a proper example. I think the fandom thing is over-stated, once a player turns professional he isn't really a true fan anymore - he can't be. How could you be a die-hard United fan but want to smash them and damage their chances of winning things, whenever you played them? I'm sure you'd look out for their results etc, but it's all part of becoming an adult and realising who pays your bills - you support the team you play for, once you turn professional.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Do you know that Sancho is a Londoner and was a huge Chelsea fan when he was a kid and probably still is.
I would not pay any attention to John Cross as he is a garbage journo.
Sterling was a united fan, and he's played for Liverpool and City. I don't think a boyhood club really means much once you become professional.

Carragher was an Evertonian yet became a Liverpool legend. Solskjaer supported Liverpool... you see where i'm going with this.

Sancho will choose what's best for him at the time - if we can keep this forward momentum going until the end of the season it'll make a huge difference.

The noise was really positive about him until our horrible end to the season, then it seemed to close up.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's a proper example. I think the fandom thing is over-stated, once a player turns professional he isn't really a true fan anymore - he can't be. How could you be a die-hard United fan but want to smash them and damage their chances of winning things, whenever you played them? I'm sure you'd look out for their results etc, but it's all part of becoming an adult and realising who pays your bills - you support the team you play for, once you turn professional.
Yeah, which player support which club doesn't matter much. It's all about how much player is convinced by the club and the wages.

LInkash

Don’t know about you guys but most kids who loved football when I was growing up dreamed of scoring a goal for their club in an FA Cup final and not opening up their first bank account.
Yeah, I'd do it for free.

croadyman

Who is reputable that is linking him with Utd?
There may be more people in the media that are linking him to Utd but that is because Utd are the biggest club in the world so it gets more attention
If we are talking about Sancho then would say Ornstein is pretty reputable when it comes to transfers

Judas

Open to offers
Loads of reputable journos are linking him to us, that poster just seems determined to convince himself and others that we haven’t got a hope of signing him, bizarre.

Denis' cuff

Sterling was a united fan, and he's played for Liverpool and City. I don't think a boyhood club really means much once you become professional.

Carragher was an Evertonian yet became a Liverpool legend. Solskjaer supported Liverpool... you see where i'm going with this.

Sancho will choose what's best for him at the time - if we can keep this forward momentum going until the end of the season it'll make a huge difference.

The noise was really positive about him until our horrible end to the season, then it seemed to close up.
“The noise” means absolutely feck all. It’s just people/media making assumptions.

The boy is coming to OT. I just don’t want to be near the transfer forum from May onwards. ;) :nervous:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'd sign for United
To be honest, I wouldn't. Footballer's career is very short, let's say if another company offer you double, would you say no and stay in your current company instead?

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I think I'm going to excuse myself from the thread to stop getting my hopes up. It looks like this won't happen unless we can get Dortmund to agree to a deal where we pay over the course of 2 or 3 seasons. We will likely only have around 60-80 mill to play with if we don't qualify for the Champs League. As much as I want to it to be a fifa 20 transfer window, the likelihood is it won't be. We could well be stuck with Alexis and Pogba if there is no market for them.

The only one who looks a definite sale is Smalling and Roma only want to pay 20 million Euro for him!

stepic

I'd sign for United
that's just fan talk. in reality you really wouldn't. no one turns down twice the pay. footballers careers are short, and can be ended at any point. you have your entire life to live, and most likely a family to support.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I would choose Utd even at a lower wage, and I have the FIFA18 Be A Pro save files to prove it.

kidbob

I hate to imagine this because I will only be let down but here goes: Pogba comes back and enjoys playing in the current team with Bruno et all and we get CL football. We also let him know that Sancho is coming. So Pogba stays and with no other signings but Jadon we see:

De Gea
AWB/Laird Smalling/Bailly Maguire/Axel Shaw/Williams

Pogba/Scott Fred/Matic

Sancho/Mata Bruno/Gomes Rashford/James

Martial/Greenwood

That's one signing and convincing one player to stay. It looks quite good doesn't it?

Jibbs

Boyhood club means nothing, as a professional, one always chooses a job which provided highest salary and chance of success, and where your relocation will be easiest and family can adjust well. As a kid you dream about all sorts of things, most kids want to be pilot or astronauts. Not many pursue this dream once they reach adulthood.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I think I'm going to excuse myself from the thread to stop getting my hopes up. It looks like this won't happen unless we can get Dortmund to agree to a deal where we pay over the course of 2 or 3 seasons. We will likely only have around 60-80 mill to play with if we don't qualify for the Champs League. As much as I want to it to be a fifa 20 transfer window, the likelihood is it won't be. We could well be stuck with Alexis and Pogba if there is no market for them.

The only one who looks a definite sale is Smalling and Roma only want to pay 20 million Euro for him!
Please tell us more about our budget for the summer. You seem to know how much we have to spend!

Silly post.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Please tell us more about our budget for the summer. You seem to know how much we have to spend!

Silly post.
The athletic and Tifo football will explain this better and you are welcome to go check, but to break it down - the evidence is all there. If you take the time to look at our profits and losses which were literally just released the other week, you'll find we have projected around 100 million available. Take the Bruno transfer which is believed to have been a 40 million downpayment, that leaves 60 million.

If we qualify for the Champions League then we will earn more money. If we make sales then we will make more money still, but as I covered in my "silly post" I worry we will be unable to shift the big earners.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

If he doesn't sign, it wouldn't be because of money - 100%

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The athletic and Tifo football will explain this better and you are welcome to go check, but to break it down - the evidence is all there. If you take the time to look at our profits and losses which were literally just released the other week, you'll find we have projected around 100 million available. Take the Bruno transfer which is believed to have been a 40 million downpayment, that leaves 60 million.

If we qualify for the Champions League then we will earn more money. If we make sales then we will make more money still, but as I covered din my "silly post" I worry we will be unable to shift the big earners.
We’ve already cleared a lot of the ‘deadwood’. Smalling will probably end up at Roma as you say, Rojo will probably end up back in Argentina permanently, and you’d be very surprised if at least one of Andreas/Lingard go.

Jones may probably end up staying another year just due to priorities being held elsewhere. I can see Matic getting an extension due to his decent performances recently.

Alexis is an iffy one, but there does seem to be genuine interest in him in Italy. He clearly doesn’t have a place here, and I don’t think he’s the type to sit on his wage (as gigantic as it may be).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We’ve already cleared a lot of the ‘deadwood’. Smalling will probably end up at Roma as you say, Rojo will probably end up back in Argentina permanently, and you’d be very surprised if at least one of Andreas/Lingard go.

Jones may probably end up staying another year just due to priorities being held elsewhere. I can see Matic getting an extension due to his decent performances recently.

Alexis is an iffy one, but there does seem to be genuine interest in him in Italy. He clearly doesn’t have a place here, and I don’t think he’s the type to sit on his wage (as gigantic as it may be).
We’ll also get more money from the sale of Lukaku, possibily anything up to £20m from Zaha, and you would imagine that one of our star goalkeepers will go, be it the English one or the Spanish one.

Not to mention that our own expenditure is likely to be spread too, and we could easily just borrow to enter the market, as many other clubs do.

Adam-Utd

If we qualify for the Champions League then we will earn more money. If we make sales then we will make more money still, but as I covered in my "silly post" I worry we will be unable to shift the big earners.
Cash balance isn't an indicator of what we can/can't spend. The majority of football transfers are spread out over a number of years. We might be offering 120m euros in 5 yearly installments. Most clubs prefer this due to tax reasons.

Only really the club will know exactly how much we can spend. The maguire/AWB deals were actually rare as we had to pay the cash up front, probably why it took so long to conclude.

Teja

Cash balance isn't an indicator of what we can/can't spend. The majority of football transfers are spread out over a number of years. We might be offering 120m euros in 5 yearly installments. Most clubs prefer this due to tax reasons.

Only really the club will know exactly how much we can spend. The maguire/AWB deals were actually rare as we had to pay the cash up front, probably why it took so long to conclude.
How hard can it be to borrow some money when interest rates are so low / negative? It's literally free money, just ask and you shall receive, some of the best times to be rebuilding as a club.

Adam-Utd

How hard can it be to borrow some money when interest rates are so low / negative? It's literally free money, just ask and you shall receive, some of the best times to be rebuilding as a club.
Yep, that's exactly what Atletico did to finance the Joao Felix deal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.