Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
United is the place to achieve that for him....
So have thought De Gea and Pogba, too...
He might or might not end up at United, but I'm nevertheless amazed how certain folks around here are about that. Come summer there'll be more interest than just that of your club.
We might have another Thiago saga in the making.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's very important we get this deal done quickly once the Summer window opens. Can't allow it to drag on throughout the Summer, just get it done.
If I could get a quid for every time I heard that, I could probably buy up United by now.

El Zoido

I think the England connection at our club will be a big draw for him. Seems like he’s really close with Rashford. If we make CL I think he’ll come here.

Spark

He might or might not end up at United, but I'm nevertheless amazed how certain folks around here are about that. Come summer there'll be more interest than just that of your club.
Holding onto the thinnest of hopes that we somehow wrap this up before the summer begins.

Obviously won't happen, though.

romufc

I wish folk would stop selling our club short. We are Man Utd ffs, of course we can attract players of Sancho's quality.
Ofcourse we can.
1. A top PL club coming in is an attraction in itself
2. Manutd will offer some of the best wages in the world.
3. A chance to play for Manutd is a big pull to anyone
4. Manutd will always be judged on titles, if you can sell him a project, a player like him will look around and see Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno, Maguire, Martial and think yes, this team with me in it will be able to compete for titles.

When you are investing in a big player like that, they have such self confidence to know they will have a big impact.

Manutd offering the Number 7 to you, you are a right sided forward.. for an English player is massive.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can we also buy Sancho's backup? just in case he's injured. Gad knows what we do if he's injured. For a big team as United, he needs competition. Preferably an expensive and proven player that is willing to fight for his place.

romufc

Can we also buy Sancho's backup? just in case he's injured. Gad knows what we do if he's injured. For a big team as United, he needs competition. Preferably an expensive and proven player that is willing to fight for his place.
We already have his backup. Dan James. Dan James is willing to fight for his place as we have seen this season.

How can you go buy a backup to a player we don't have. The jokes on you mate.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm not saying hes for sure going to come, I think we're favourites, but I meant my post just as an explanation as to why United is a big draw for someone like Sancho. Its idiotic to claim otherwise. Other teams have their pluses as well, so we'll see what happens. But people downplaying us because of a few down years, CL or no CL, etc is not accurate IMO.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
While I am not saying he would join us Haaland and Deligt rejecting us is not even remotely comparable to Sancho case. He is english,grew up in Manchester and very well know what we are about. The fact that Liverpool is back to pinnacle is actually an indication that , with right investment and coaching, no matter where you were 2 years back you can still be back .

And am sure he would consider that as well.
Well you need to have right manager for a start. Liverpool is among top teams in England before Klopp taking over, although not consistently. And then you know, Klopp is a manager with great record and ideas back in his time in Dortmund, players may tend to believe in his rebuilding project before they join. We have not exactly reach that point yet. We are like Liverpool from 20-30 years ago with unproven manager and club still in bit of mess, and we are still very far away from winning major trophies (league or CL)

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No club in England can ‘guarantee CL football’, not beyond the following season obviously, as they will know that by the time the previous one ends. If he wants to ‘guarantee’ he’ll play in the CL every season, he should join Juventus, PSG or Celtic.
Well I'd say Liverpool and City (before the ban) are more likely to guarantee CL football, as they have never miss one in recent 4 years or so.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
They've definitely got an exciting team. But they've had that before and consistently lost players which has been a roadblock to reaching great heights. So he may stay based on a promise that this won't happen again. Or the more likely scenario is that it's just the way Dortmund operate or have to operate at this stage of their growth cycle as a club, and he has play his part in that by improving, contributing and eventually leaving.

I don't believe Dortmund are there yet. Both Haaland and Sancho will leave. Sancho this or next summer. Haaland in 2-3 years time. Hence we should move every mountain to make sure we get the former
I believe the majority of the players that they have usually have lost (the top class ones) take steps up from Dortmund. Not the reverse, defeats the point of joining Dortmund as a stepping stone club. That's why we need to be in the Champions league.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's no way this deal can be already done with our CL fate still hanging by a thread.

If we qualify then sure there's a chance. Can't see him coming to us in Europa league and can't see our budget being high enough either.

Teja

I think we're looking at it as plan B in case we don't sign Sancho but our scouts keep popping up looking at a bunch of RW across Europe.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That really is how to speak without saying anything.

He's added no new information to anything, but he'll say it anyway to make himself sound informed.
Ornstein knows things could change so isn't committing full blooded is my understanding of what he's reporting.

But it's been reported by several Journos now that Man Utd are leading the chase and John Cross who is a London based Journo has reported from his own info that Sancho wants the Man Utd move.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think we're looking at it as plan B in case we don't sign Sancho but our scouts keep popping up looking at a bunch of RW across Europe.
Here's the thought. What would change his mind between now and in the Summer? CL place next season? That's so arbitrary, if he wants to be here for the next 10-15 years, wouldn't you think so?

"United is leading the chase". WTF does it mean? It's either he agreed to join us or not. Why wasting our time if he can't make commitment now. I want players who like/want/desire to be here, and not playing mind-games with the Club. Players who only want to join us, after seeing that we offer the biggest package (among other teams), can screw themselves and not welcome here.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Be surprised if Liverpool don't come in for him. I think they will look to reshuffle slightly and freshen things up.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Be surprised if Liverpool don't come in for him. I think they will look to reshuffle slightly and freshen things up.
Nah, I don't think he'd go to a club where he might not even play and they wouldn't want to upset the balance of Mane/Salah and Firmino. The only way he goes to Liverpool is if one of those three decides they want out and kicks up a massive stink.

#CR7

Because he’s going to decide the next fifteen years of his career on the basis of Champions League football next season?
It's probably more about seeing progress and knowing that we are serious about challenging again. CL would be a good indicator of this but it wouldn't be the most important factor imo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I believe the majority of the players that they have usually have lost (the top class ones) take steps up from Dortmund. Not the reverse, defeats the point of joining Dortmund as a stepping stone club. That's why we need to be in the Champions league.
Well that goes without saying. Most huge clubs tend to have better teams than Dortmund. We're unique in that we're under performing. However as all of us have seen we've attracted top players whether we've been a top 4 team or a top 6 team so the stature of the club remains as does players' understanding that if we are managed well we'll reach much greater heights than Dortmund can. We'll also pay more and are a much bigger club in general. We are also the most successful club in Pl history by a country mile and by all accounts he wants to play in the PL. None of this is far fetched as is clear.

And where we are right now doesn't change Dortmund operational model. Sancho would know that the likes of Haaland will also soon leave. Being at such a club also affects ones decision to stay. It's hardly as if he's at Madrid or Barcelona I.e clubs that keep their best talent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's probably more about seeing progress and knowing that we are serious about challenging again. CL would be a good indicator of this but it wouldn't be the most important factor imo.
Progress is important and that's why I've been cautious about our chances of signing him.

But let's not delude ourselves into thinking that Dortmund being in a good moment right now (still 4 points off the team that's won 8 in a row?) means that suddenly all their players will be staying for the next 10 years and aren't gettable. Unless they have a massive shift in strategy and business model, these players are expected to leave. And if we have a quality manager I think we are an incredible attractive proposition. The manager bit does worry me though.

Judas

Open to offers
Liverpool's dip has me a BIT worried, but I just can't see them ever paying the wages and fee, only possible if one of their front three leaves for big money, which I actually think is quite likely.

UpWithRivers

I didnt think we had a chance but then thinking realistically where could he go? Barca are well stocked, Real Madrid possibly but I think they have other priorities, Liverpool wont spend 100 mill as a back up their front 3 unless one of them goes, Chelsea just bought Ziyech, PSG dont need him. Who else? Only other option is that he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.