Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't they have a clause that says if they match any bid Dortmund accept they get first crack at negotiating a deal with Sancho
Might depend on if CAS has suspended the cl ban? But yeah you would have thought they would at least be interested in a conversation with him especially if sane goes
They just get notified that any other club is interested and have the option to match any deal - but how is that really any different than usual to be honest?

Sancho was clearly very unhappy with City and Pep in general, he won't go back there. It's between us and Chelsea IMO, but I don't think Chelsea can afford to buy him right now.

They have more positions to fill and blowing their budget on 1 player + his wages which would probably make him their highest earner just doesn't seem feasible, especially with Ibramovich's money on lock down.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
They just get notified that any other club is interested and have the option to match any deal - but how is that really any different than usual to be honest?

Sancho was clearly very unhappy with City and Pep in general, he won't go back there. It's between us and Chelsea IMO, but I don't think Chelsea can afford to buy him right now.

They have more positions to fill and blowing their budget on 1 player + his wages which would probably make him their highest earner just doesn't seem feasible, especially with Ibramovich's money on lock down.
Ziyech deal has Been done as well for I think 40 million with him joining in the summer
With c-h-o and pulisuc I agree they probably have other areas to invest in... Unless lampard wants to play him as a centre forward?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ziyech deal has Been done as well for I think 40 million with him joining in the summer
With c-h-o and pulisuc I agree they probably have other areas to invest in... Unless lampard wants to play him as a centre forward?
Not a chance. They've been linked to Dembele and Osimhen a lot too, I think they'll sign somebody but Abraham for now is doing a decent job.

United Pro

Ten million euros gross is a net salary of 4.9 million in Germany I believe

And at current exchange rates that's about £4.25m... which is equivalent to £8.5 million UK gross... Or as football wages are talked of in gross weekly it's a little under £165k a week

Or apparently half of what we pay Sanchez so yeah I think we can make a better offer if we really want him ... Especially as commercial deals etc you would think would be better for him in UK and especially with United.
Surely that's 10 million euros net as opposed to gross - BBC reported that Sancho is currently on £190k a week? So assuming 10m euros net that comes out at about £300k a week.

sp_107

Koulibaly, Zakaria, Upamecano, Bellingham, Werner, Sancho, Saul, Partey, Grealish and now new links to Kane and Kai Harvertz

Where is the money ?

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

If I was him it would be a pretty straightforward decision. If United get into the CL somehow, then we're a perfect fit for him. If we don't, he should stay where he is for another season and see what's what in a year.
Although I totally see your point I’d be completely the opposite from that. He’s 19 and for me if he was added to our squad he’d be the difference between champions league and no champions league.

To me I’d look at our squad and say yeah there is something there it just needs a couple of pieces I can get that team in champs league. I’d easily sit a season out of champs league for a move to a club like United.

If it was City, Chelsea or some other club with say not as much prestige then I;d maybe question it but if Real, Barca,Juventus, United, Bayern or the likes were sitting on the outside of the champions league but with a semi decent squad I just don’t see why champs league would be an issue.

I reckon if it’s to us he pretty much has to move this season or we will look elsewhere.

davidmichael

Koulibaly, Zakaria, Upamecano, Bellingham, Werner, Sancho, Saul, Partey, Grealish and now new links to Kane and Kai Harvertz

Where is the money ?
Some of those players are linked to us sheerly because of lazy journalism and at the moment we’re one of the very few clubs that can spend money during this pandemic, it’s easy to link us to players knowing we have money and papers need to write stories so we’re simply the easy choice in this country.

Of those players the only ones I’d believe are Sancho, Bellingham, Zakaria, Partey and Grealish although Grealish is completely dependant on Pogba leaving and it’d only be one of Zakaria or Partey with Sancho as our top target and Bellingham probably loaned back to Birmingham so it’s 3 players in and 4 at most if Pogba goes.

El Zoido

This is definitely happening, way too much smoke. Every day there are new rumours and reports, there’s not even the customary back and forth you usually see. Maybe it’s too soon. Everything about this transfer makes sense.

- Financially, there aren’t that many clubs that can afford him. The price is no problem for us and we appear willing to pay it. And BVB will receive a satisfactory sum for him.

- The profile of the player, young, English, plays in a position we need to strengthen in. He perfectly fits the profile of player Ole and the club is looking for.

- He’s good friends with Rashford and the other English lads at the club.

It makes sense to United, and to Sancho. Even BVB in terms of transfer fee, though I’m sure they’d prefer to keep him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Although I totally see your point I’d be completely the opposite from that. He’s 19 and for me if he was added to our squad he’d be the difference between champions league and no champions league.

To me I’d look at our squad and say yeah there is something there it just needs a couple of pieces I can get that team in champs league. I’d easily sit a season out of champs league for a move to a club like United.

If it was City, Chelsea or some other club with say not as much prestige then I;d maybe question it but if Real, Barca,Juventus, United, Bayern or the likes were sitting on the outside of the champions league but with a semi decent squad I just don’t see why champs league would be an issue.

I reckon if it’s to us he pretty much has to move this season or we will look elsewhere.
I agree. I’ve said many times but in the PL, no team can ‘guarantee Champions League football’ beyond the following season, which in itself makes the next season itself less relevant from a CL perspective. I’m not sure a 20 year old would be best served joining Leicester over us, for example, on the basis that they would like to have a career in the CL, despite the fact that Leicester are more likely to be in it next year than us. Last year, people on here would have said that players should join Spurs over us for CL football, right now, not so much.

I’m a couple of years, given the league we are in, any team including Liverpool could be 5th or 6th. The best team to join for a young player is the team with the best medium-long term project, a coach with direction and resources to execute that vision. If you want guarantees for CL, go to Bayern Munich, or La Liga where even at their most rubbish, the few big clubs are guaranteed to finish in the top 3. Alternatively you can join Porto.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/
This is just garbage!
How can they agree a deal while the player still has two years on his current deal with Dortmund, I thought there were regulations that stopped that happening.
Though not football related the next link tells the real story about the media in the UK:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52349573
Dortmund give some of these wonderkids assurances that they can leave at some point, it seems (as the club has never ruled out a sale) that Sancho is allowed to leave this summer if a club meets Dortmund's valuation - supposedly (German media) between €120m-€150m.

RedDevilRoshi

stepic

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/
This is just garbage!
How can they agree a deal while the player still has two years on his current deal with Dortmund, I thought there were regulations that stopped that happening.
Though not football related the next link tells the real story about the media in the UK:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52349573
players pretty much always change clubs when under contract. there's only been a few high profile cases recently (Ramsey etc) where they have wound down their contracts.

SATA

Probably garbage news. Dortmund will report us for tapping up their player if we approach the player before them. And I don’t think it’s our style to do that anyway

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Probably garbage news. Dortmund will report us for tapping up their player if we approach the player before them. And I don’t think it’s our style to do that anyway
We agree framework of contracts with players while they are still under contract all the time. All clubs do it. That's why players have agents.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This is definitely happening, way too much smoke. Every day there are new rumours and reports, there’s not even the customary back and forth you usually see. Maybe it’s too soon. Everything about this transfer makes sense.

- Financially, there aren’t that many clubs that can afford him. The price is no problem for us and we appear willing to pay it. And BVB will receive a satisfactory sum for him.

- The profile of the player, young, English, plays in a position we need to strengthen in. He perfectly fits the profile of player Ole and the club is looking for.

- He’s good friends with Rashford and the other English lads at the club.

It makes sense to United, and to Sancho. Even BVB in terms of transfer fee, though I’m sure they’d prefer to keep him.
Agreed, I always felt that convincing Jadon was going to be the big thing but given all the hints he's been making and the noises coming from the media it appears we've got him in the bag. Throw the money at Dortmund and get the deal done, he'll be worth every penny.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea

Many players in this generation don’t feel that way. For someone Sancho’s age, City and Chelsea are viewed as elite teams, even if not in historical terms.

The idea that Sancho would forgo a move to one of those teams (with CL football) or Madrid/Barca to move to a United without CL football is wishful thinking.

reddevilchennai

One thing for sure. If he doesn't join United at the end and join one of our rivals in PL, he will become the player I hate the most.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Many players in this generation don’t feel that way. For someone Sancho’s age, City and Chelsea are viewed as elite teams, even if not in historical terms.

The idea that Sancho would forgo a move to one of those teams (with CL football) or Madrid/Barca to move to a United without CL football is wishful thinking.
Don’t be silly, these players are young not stupid. Man Utd are still viewed as the elite club in England by a distance and no amount of short term success is going to make people believe Chelsea or City are bigger. I think he’s nailed on Utd bound.

croadyman

Don’t be silly, these players are young not stupid. Man Utd are still viewed as the elite club in England by a distance and no amount of short term success is going to make people believe Chelsea or City are bigger. I think he’s nailed on Utd bound.
Feel like I still need to hear something really concrete from the likes of Romano or Peach on this one. I know that Stone pretty much keeps quiet on any transfer until it is virtually sealed.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

That is false. Sancho would still have grown up seeing Manchester United as a phenom of a club.

Denis' cuff

here we go... “why would he want to go to a club like United”?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
That is false. Sancho would still have grown up seeing Manchester United as a phenom of a club.
He'd literally have been prime getting into football age around the 08 squad, he would have seen us reach 3 finals in 4 years just as he was getting into the game.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m sure we tried to sign him before he went to Dortmund? City didn’t want to let him go to a rival.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

:lol: I started watch football way way before I was even 10 years old, pretty sure the same on Sancho.10 years ago, Sancho was 10 years old. We won 2 PL trophies and he would had witnessed both our winning way & some of the Sir Alex era since he was 10 or I’m sure he even watched EPL before he was 10.

Are you trying to imply that he‘s too young to watch or couldn’t watch football or EPL when he was 10 which is the reason why he hadn’t see us being an elite team? Non sense. I can understand if you are talking about a 5 years old or even 6 years old. But not when the player is above 7.

I’m sure we tried to sign him before he went to Dortmund? City didn’t want to let him go to a rival.
Yeah, widely reported we were in for him but obviously City preferred he go to Dortmund (and with their track record he obviously did too). We're lucky they didn't include a special clause for future transfers to us. They realized their mistake with Sancho and included one on Diaz (I believe a 40% sell-on percentage if Real sold him to us), no way we'd have a chance right now otherwise.

croadyman

Any actual news today?

I just scored a belter with young Jadon on FIFA.

I want, I want, I want
Obviously someone has poured money onto this transfer at Paddy Power and Betfair because odds came in again today.

Red00012

Any actual news today?

I just scored a belter with young Jadon on FIFA.

I want, I want, I want
He was rubbish for me on FM bought him for €99 million sold him for €49Mill to chelski 2 seasons later

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Can someone help me out?

Why does Sancho show up with the ability to play as a CAM in FM & Fifa?

Does he have much history in these positions for Dortmund or younger at city/england?

Status
Not open for further replies.