Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Fred n Mctomminay are the main back ups. We can't afford to sell either. It's Periera, Lingard, Mata who all need to leave first. That's the deadwood.

We need another DM to play instead of / or rotate with Matic. Then Fred n Mctomminay can come in for Pogba or Bruno from time to time (not at the same time obviously). So if Bruno sits one game out we can move Pogba to the more attacking role and bring in Fred for example.

I think Sancho is top drawer but my biggest worry is that he's going to take up all of our budget and we will still have several issues in other roles.
Simon stone our most reliable journalist have said we want to bring in 2 or 3 players but Sancho is priority. This is all speculation but I presume those three players would be RW, CB and back up AM and they would be dependent on player sales. If we manage to pull this off then that would be fantastic. But even after that we would still need a DM. Fred has a good season and for me should have good sale value 30m + that would be enough to get a DM. Fred's position in the team right now is to be backup to Pogba while Mctominay is Matic's backup. We can sell Fred and get a DM that would be more of a natural successor to Matic than Mctominay then Mctominay would replace Fred as Pogba's backup Just speculating though. Since I don't know our budget.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Sancho
Camavinga
Gimenez
Willian
Alex Telles

Out: Lingard, Pereira, Mata, Jones,
Haha while your proposition is dreamy, it’s a very expensive proposition while mine is exactly the opposite. Apart from Sancho obviously, very cost effective. Also, if I’m not wrong your proposition is missing a CB.

I also think Thiago, at his price, would provide the most value for the buck. It’s also what our midfield is missing. He would come in and literally run games for us. He’d be a starter in games where we don’t need Matic’s physical presence or give him rest, and he could also help rotate with Pogba when needed.

While Ozan Kabak, also economical, is also a steal at his price which is around £40m max if im not wrong. And while he’s not that expensive, I also rate him really highly irrespective of price. That for me, makes him the best defender to go and buy. Most value for the buck and he’s only 20 and would compliment Maguire really well too!

My apologies for drifting away from the topic (again) of this thread: Sancho.

freeurmind

weak willed
Haha while your proposition is dreamy, it’s a very expensive proposition while mine is exactly the opposite. Apart from Sancho obviously, very cost effective. Also, if I’m not wrong your proposition is missing a CB.

I also think Thiago, at his price, would provide the most value for the buck. It’s also what our midfield is missing. He would come in and literally run games for us. He’d be a starter in games where we don’t need Matic’s physical presence or give him rest, and he could also help rotate with Pogba when needed.

While Ozan Kabak, also economical, is also a steal at his price which is around £40m max if im not wrong. And while he’s not that expensive, I also rate him really highly irrespective of price. That for me, makes him the best defender to go and buy. Most value for the buck and he’s only 20 and would compliment Maguire really well too!

My apologies for drifting away from the topic (again) of this thread: Sancho.
I think we need to get the checkbook out and spend on proven talent. We've bought on potential numerous times in the last 5 years and had players not live up to it. Gimenez from Atleti is who I would go for at CB. His release clause is 120 million euros but I think we could get him for less given their financial issues.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think we need to get the checkbook out and spend on proven talent. We've bought on potential numerous times in the last 5 years and had players not live up to it. Gimenez from Atleti is who I would go for at CB. His release clause is 120 million euros but I think we could get him for less given their financial issues.
Oh my apologies I kept thinking you were talking about Jimenez*.

Checkbook doesn’t look like it has many pages left tbh. Specially during current pandemic.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Gimenez had a shitton of injuries/niggles every single season and most of these weren't down to impact/opponents, but muscle injuries. Its hard to do much about it except pray that it goes away. He is a good CB, but spending big on him would be massive risk.

RazorOz

Simon stone our most reliable journalist have said we want to bring in 2 or 3 players but Sancho is priority. This is all speculation but I presume those three players would be RW, CB and back up AM and they would be dependent on player sales. If we manage to pull this off then that would be fantastic. But even after that we would still need a DM. Fred has a good season and for me should have good sale value 30m + that would be enough to get a DM. Fred's position in the team right now is to be backup to Pogba while Mctominay is Matic's backup. We can sell Fred and get a DM that would be more of a natural successor to Matic than Mctominay then Mctominay would replace Fred as Pogba's backup Just speculating though. Since I don't know our budget.
I'd argue a DM is probably higher priority than an AM assuming we sign Sancho. By nature of having Sancho you have more depth as Sancho can in effect play in any of RW, LW and AM.

As it is I think we'll struggle to buy 3 top players in this window. Sancho + 2 others is going to cost 200m and I just can't see us spending 200m in the current climate. Even accounting for moving on all the players we wish to, they aren't going to bring in much in terms of transfer fees.

AneRu

I'd argue a DM is probably higher priority than an AM assuming we sign Sancho. By nature of having Sancho you have more depth as Sancho can in effect play in any of RW, LW and AM.

As it is I think we'll struggle to buy 3 top players in this window. Sancho + 2 others is going to cost 200m and I just can't see us spending 200m in the current climate. Even accounting for moving on all the players we wish to, they aren't going to bring in much in terms of transfer fees.
I think the ownership and the management has to view this as an opportunity like Chelsea have done. I mean if we spend £200m on Sancho, Grealish and Rice/Koopmeiners we will have the third best team in the league perfectly placed to take advantage of a wobble by the top two and in place to grow together as they are relatively young.

Doing it now will also guarantee that we no longer need to spend over a hundred million every summer. Look at Liverpool, they pushed out the boat in 2018/19 and are now just collecting titles whilst opportunistically picking up the odd squad player.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If we could get Sancho and Grealish for around 150 million and then just buy a decent covering MF cheap enough, then i would be content.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we can get Sancho and still get 1 or 2 others I'd be delighted mate. I'm all up for that. I just don't think it's possible though given how much Sancho is being touted for.

I really want Sancho at United as he's class but if it was a straight choice between just him OR 2 / 3 good players in different positions then it's not black and white for me. We could get a left back, DM and a CB from Europe this summer for less than we'd normally get them for.

Let's hope the coffers are bigger than I fear they realistically are.

El-Manos

With the team being fatigued, it’s easier to tell what we still need. Another left back seems a must. Whenever Shaw is injured our cover isn’t thr best. William is right footed and possibly better suited for the right back position.

Nickelodeon

I guess he would be watching our game on Sunday with a lot of intrigue. If we lose, it could have a massive impact on how/where his footballing career turns out.

keithsingleton

Would you not prefer a CB with those two rather than another midfielder
It's imperative we get a CB first and hopefully Sancho as well if there's enough money in the pot. Think Ole has other ideas though as if what we hear is true then Sancho No1 target.

reddevilchennai

I guess he would be watching our game on Sunday with a lot of intrigue. If we lose, it could have a massive impact on how/where his footballing career turns out.
We have another route for CL via Europa League. But hope we get the job done on Sunday.

E-mal

With the team being fatigued, it’s easier to tell what we still need. Another left back seems a must. Whenever Shaw is injured our cover isn’t thr best. William is right footed and possibly better suited for the right back position.
Make a cheeky bid for Alaba, plays in CB when Shaw is available, then LB when he is inevitably injured.

croadyman

Make a cheeky bid for Alaba, plays in CB when Shaw is available, then LB when he is inevitably injured.
Now that would be a signing that could cover a few different areas but apparently he only wants to move to Real Madrid or Barcelona if he does actually leave Bayern which I am still not sure that he will

croadyman

It's imperative we get a CB first and hopefully Sancho as well if there's enough money in the pot. Think Ole has other ideas though as if what we hear is true then Sancho No1 target.
One of them that if we had Chelsea like money available then could go out and get two midfielders in this window along with Sancho and a CB too but unfortunately we operate on a much tighter budget than that and so will have to prioritise

Scholsey2004

Tbf though had Bruno n Pogba played all season along with Grenwood we'd probably be a lot closer in goals scored too.

The squad depth is shocking. Shaw is our only competent left back and he's not exactly reliable fitness wise.

Matic is still not good enough. Had a few months of decent football and people fall into the trap that he's prime Makalele. He's just not good enough anymore. Been awful last 3 or 4 games too.

CB is a joke. Lindelof fails time after time. Did you see him for the penalty last night. He wasn't even in the front of the wall and he was cowering. That's not a CB I want playing for us. He's not brave enough, fast enough or strong enough to be a top CB.

We desperately need another CB, LB n DM. We won't get close to the top 2 with this squad.
Williams is a competent back-up left back IMO. Ideally I'd like our first choice left back to get more assists than Shaw but whether it's worth fixing something that's not actually broken is another question. Most LB's outside Liverpool's aren't putting up big attacking numbers either.

Matic just got a two year extension and a raise and McTominay and Fred are also options there. Personally I have reservations about us in that position but it's clear the club are content and nothing is likely there now.

Personally I think Lindelof is good enough. Defensively he's pretty average, sure, but the idea was we needed technically better centre backs, a la City. He is technically good and has a good passing range and the partnership with Maguire has been infinitely more assured on the ball than the days of Smalling and Bailly, Jones or whoever. Of course it would be great to have a player who is quality defensively, in the air and technically but those players are very expensive (Maguire 80m) and are very difficult to source in the first place. Personally I do think we could use a third quality CB but I don't think we need to throw the baby (Lindelof in this case) out with the bathwater.

IMO the club will likely focus on making the attack competitive again in this window. Sancho, obviously, and Grealish would be a very useful addition as well. Solskjaer has clearly indicated he's interested in a striker as well, although conceivably he's referring to Sancho depending on how he defines the modern front 3. He's referred to Rashford as a striker recently when it's clear he's now settled on the wing. There's a serious outlay there already so any CB signing wouldnt likely be very expensive. I like Rodon but the link seems to be speculation rather than interest. Ole dismissed the idea of a new CB recently though so who knows. I think it'll be Sancho and Grealish unless City beat us to Grealish in which case we may end up with Donny van de Beek who I'm very unconvinced by.
That's my two penn'orth anyway. Apologies for the length of the post, it's not something I like to see on the boards myself but I wanted to reply to your points.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If we don't get it in the league I expect us to fold in the EL. We look shagged.
We smashed LASK 5-0. We can play the reserves and get through. The quarters are due to be played on the 10th August, that would allow our first team players to have 15 days of rest. That's more than enough time to recover while the schedule for the Europa League is pretty good. 10th/11th August are the quarters, 16th August the semis and the final on the 21st August.

laughtersassassin

We smashed LASK 5-0. We can play the reserves and get through. The quarters are due to be played on the 10th August, that would allow our first team players to have 15 days of rest. That's more than enough time to recover while the schedule for the Europa League is pretty good. 10th/11th August are the quarters, 16th August the semis and the final on the 21st August.
It's not about rest it is about mentality

gajender

Sancho, Grealish and Rice three top British talents ready for step up may require huge outlay but would certainly ensure we finally have team worthy of title challenge . Cb can wait or if we manage to sell Bailly, Smalling ,Rojo and Jones then we can get Cb as well.

davidmichael

Sancho, Grealish and Rice three top British talents ready for step up may require huge outlay but would certainly ensure we finally have team worthy of title challenge . Cb can wait or if we manage to sell Bailly, Smalling ,Rojo and Jones then we can get Cb as well.
It would be costly but that’s the problem position (right wing) and quality depth sorted. We’ve got Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Lingard and Sanchez to move on and we could even move on De Gea too so money brought in and wages saved could see Sancho plus one of them brought in and the reality is we don’t know what we’ve got to spend if we get a Champions League spot.

gajender

It would be costly but that’s the problem position (right wing) and quality depth sorted. We’ve got Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Lingard and Sanchez to move on and we could even move on De Gea too so money brought in and wages saved could see Sancho plus one of them brought in and the reality is we don’t know what we’ve got to spend if we get a Champions League spot.
I think we would certainly be getting Sancho and maybe be one more depending on the price but anything more than that might be contingent upon Cl qualification and who we are able to move on. But if are targeting three additions these players would be my top choices.

croadyman

I think we would certainly be getting Sancho and maybe be one more depending on the price but anything more than that might be contingent upon Cl qualification and who we are able to move on. But if are targeting three additions these players would be my top choices.
I think Ole is going to give Scott a chance to work alongside Matic next season and learn the role,if this doesn't work out then would expect us to sign someone next summer.

davidmichael

Yes same as that, my ideal situation would be Champions League qualification and bringing those three in too.

I think Ole is going to give Scott a chance to work alongside Matic next season and learn the role,if this doesn't work out then would expect us to sign someone next summer.
Thing is McTominay is a completely different player to Matic and Rice, McTominay for me is more of a box to box with ball winning qualities than a defensive midfielder and was basically a replacement for Herrera rather than a long term replacement for Matic.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Sell Pogba to fund Grealish and some of Rice.

BlueHaze

No one gonna pay big amounts for Pogba anymore. he's been out nearly a year and while he's had a few flashes of brilliance since coming back he's also had some disastrous displays.

croadyman

Yes same as that, my ideal situation would be Champions League qualification and bringing those three in too.

Thing is McTominay is a completely different player to Matic and Rice, McTominay for me is more of a box to box with ball winning qualities than a defensive midfielder and was basically a replacement for Herrera rather than a long term replacement for Matic.
Yeah that is my thoughts as well but reckon that is what's going to happen

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The lack of anything even remotely interesting on this is very ominous.

Its either happening and almost done behind a veil of secrecy
Or its not happening at all

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
No one gonna pay big amounts for Pogba anymore. he's been out nearly a year and while he's had a few flashes of brilliance since coming back he's also had some disastrous displays.
We were being quoted 120 at one stage. I still we could get 70 million for him. What we need is for him to have some good displays in the remaining games so the hype will drive up his price again.

croadyman

The lack of anything even remotely interesting on this is very ominous.

Its either happening and almost done behind a veil of secrecy
Or its not happening at all
Will admit that it has gone quiet but that doesn't worry me at all. Remember we saw a similar thing with Maguire & Bruno transfers.

gajender

No issues Selling Pogba but then we would need another midfielder coming in with Grealish and Rice otherwise our squad depth would still be an issue . Fred and Mctominay simply lack creativity and are much of muchness.

Rauður Djöfull

would be a brilliant summer, Rice would be able to fill in at CB as well when matic plays for an example

JohnnyLaw

Did anyone see Rios comment on Sanchos latest instagram post?
Cheeky muppetry or does he know something?

Rio: ”Manchester isn’t ready for them kinda bags”

GJNJ

Did anyone see Rios comment on Sanchos latest instagram post?
Cheeky muppetry or does he know something?

Rio: ”Manchester isn’t ready for them kinda bags”
Looks like he has a shrinking gun and shrunk his suitcase. I think Rio is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.