Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sorry but a nonsense article....if they would know something about Sancho then they wouldn't write the part about the training camp in Bad Ragaz.
I can't say how much is knowledge and how much is speculation, but they paint a pretty coherent picture.

Dortmund would like to keep him, but would sell if their valuation is met (this is what has consistently been reported for I think over a year now), want this matter concluded one way or the other before they start their summer training camp
Sancho wants to move, but according to this report would accept if a deal doesn't materialize this summer.
What the German side apparently doesn't know yet is whether United will pay up.

It's obviously Dortmund's side of the story, but I don't see reasons to call it bullshit beyond that fact.

Cliche Guevara

Starting to see a lot of stuff coming from the Dortmund side along the lines of:

Dortmund don’t want to sell, and Sancho doesn’t want to leave, however if he does...

Dortmund already starting to save face/justify the sale.

Not long to go now.

Jericholyte2

We need a few weeks of being linked to some other right sided attacker first. United's classic try and make the other team think we've lost interest routine.

Usually followed by us paying the exact amount they wanted at the start.
Had links to a Chiesa recently as well as Coman more recently.

RkkMan

I do not think it is the case of him turning Utd down, it is more like pause the transfer to next year.
You haven`t answered my question.
If Utd got CL football and then agreed a fee with BVB hence giving Utd permission to speak to Sancho who will no doubt offer a good financial package do you honestly see a scenario where he says no considering
1. He`s apparently told BVB he wants to leave
2. He wants to return to England
3. Utd have been negotiating with him for too long only for him to say "feck it" at the very last minute unless we are still in the Europa League??
Don`t you think thats unrealistic?

United58

We need a few weeks of being linked to some other right sided attacker first. United's classic try and make the other team think we've lost interest routine.

Usually followed by us paying the exact amount they wanted at the start.
We've got the loan links to Coman :lol:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
You haven`t answered my question.
If Utd got CL football and then agreed a fee with BVB hence giving Utd permission to speak to Sancho who will no doubt offer a good financial package do you honestly see a scenario where he says no considering
1. He`s apparently told BVB he wants to leave
2. He wants to return to England
3. Utd have been negotiating with him for too long only for him to say "feck it" at the very last minute unless we are still in the Europa League??
Don`t you think thats unrealistic?
Well point 1 as you say is 'apprantly' he has said that. We do not actually know for a fact he has. Point 2 is the same as Point one, it is just speculation.

As for Point 3, again we do not know how hard or how intense the discussions have been. All we can go on is what has been said in the press, which now days is largely just click bait.

Anyhow, my comment about why I do not think he should move this Summer is based upon my own reading of the situation and what I would do if I were Sancho. I could very well be wrong (and probably am) but I personally do not see why he would move this year when he is already playing at a high level, is super young and by delaying for a year he would get a much much bigger wage.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well point 1 as you say is 'apprantly' he has said that. We do not actually know for a fact he has. Point 2 is the same as Point one, it is just speculation.

As for Point 3, again we do not know how hard or how intense the discussions have been. All we can go on is what has been said in the press, which now days is largely just click bait.

Anyhow, my comment about why I do not think he should move this Summer is based upon my own reading of the situation and what I would do if I were Sancho. I could very well be wrong (and probably am) but I personally do not see why he would move this year when he is already playing at a high level, is super young and by delaying for a year he would get a much much bigger wage.
The reason why he wants to move out not just for money but because he wants to join a club who can challenge for trophy. Not just staying in a club who is just happy be no 2 because in reality Dortmund is nowhere near Bayern and Dortmund is not looking for to improve their team to close the gaps with Bayern at the moment.

Sure, he can delay for a year and join Real or Barcelona instead. But at United, he also see the potential & the ambition what the club can do next season and so on. United is currently has more promising players and looking to improve, Dortmund isn't.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bullshit because he must of course stay at Dortmund if we can't match Dortmund's price.....no other club wants him this summer because of various reasons.
"So he would accept it"!! Ehm yeah what else should he do??
Solskjaer wouldn't want him if he would go on strike like Dembele and we aren't like Barca to push him to go on a strike.
It's bullshit, because you know what Solskjaer would or wouldn't want? ;)

There is also more nuance to this than going on strike, Dortmund's calculation - if these reports are true - is that they take the risk of losing x amount of transfer fees in order to keep one of their most important players. Sancho would not necessarily have to go on strike to tip those scales. If he gave the impression that he was deeply unhappy or sulking, perhaps worsening his disciplinary record then that could potentially also affect Dortmund's willingness to negotiate.

RazorOz

We have the upper hand than Maguire's case with Leicester.

Woodward knows that Sancho can be bought for around 30-40m less next summer, and if the Covid situation remains the same for most of next season then Sancho's price will be affected even further.
While the second part is true, there is a pressure on Utd to buy players, we have to be seen to be trying to close the gap to the top. Generally there is always more pressure on the buying club to pay up, only scenario that isn't really true is if the selling club need to sell for financial reasons, and Dortmund don't really fit that.

There is also another factor here, that the main reason it appears like Utd have virtually a free ride at Sancho this summer is because of the cost in the current climate being out of the reach of nearly every club. If Sancho is available say next summer for 60m because of his contract situation, that won't be the case, and we could easily lose out altogether.

marktan

Anyone else a little bit wary of signing him for £100m+?

We've signed both Kagawa and Mikhi from Dortmund and both had high stats at Dortmund, and then struggled to replicate anything close here.

Now I've been following Sancho since his first games at Dortmund and technically he is excellent, especially at passes and close dribbling.

What worries me is 1) Signing a right footed right winger (and not an inverted left footer as the norm now) 2) I worry that he doesn't have explosive pace the way Mane, Neymar etc have to beat a man from a standing start, especially against tighter defences in the PL.

I'd still like us to sign him as he'll be an upgrade on what we have considerably on the RW, but I'm not sure we'll be getting exactly what we need. Thinking about it Leroy Sane for £50m would've been a steal for us if we could've somehow persuaded him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

We've signed both Kagawa and Mikhi from Dortmund and both had high stats at Dortmund, and then struggled to replicate anything close here.

Now I've been following Sancho since his first games at Dortmund and technically he is excellent, especially at passes and close dribbling.

What worries me is 1) Signing a right footed right winger (and not an inverted left footer as the norm now) 2) I worry that he doesn't have explosive pace the way Mane, Neymar etc have to beat a man from a standing start, especially against tighter defences in the PL.

I'd still like us to sign him as he'll be an upgrade on what we have considerably on the RW, but I'm not sure we'll be getting exactly what we need. Thinking about it Leroy Sane for £50m would've been a steal for us if we could've somehow persuaded him.
When you look at Sancho. I look at as not only a world class potential but also someone who can cover 3 different position left, right & centre as well as offer both creativity & goals. It's pretty much 2 in 1 player. It's like signing Sane & Grealish in 1 player.

He's not as explosive as Mane. However, he's quick when he's on or dribbling the ball & also relying on link up one two which very suitable with Martial & Bruno playing style. He has maturity in his decision making & vision which is why he's considered as a creator as well. Even if he somehow needs time to adjust in PL, without a doubt I think he's capable to adapt to it. He's done this by improving his game from his first pro season to his full 2nd season and his third season is just better than previous one.

And also he's an english man with international caps. Kinda weird to see an english man will never find his way to play in EPL, probably much less risk than Kagawa & Mikhi who probably never play in the country before the move.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Sane left City who were Champions last year. Why would he move to us? He is German and said he wanted to win the Champions league. It was evident he was going to Bayern at some point even when he was at Schalke.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Not to sure if this person is worth listening to. My usual stance on transfer rumours is that everything is 100% BS outside of it coming directly from a club, a player themselves or one or two known broadsheet journalists.

However, I have always been of the opinion that for Sancho himself, a move this Summer makes zero sense financially or even from a football perspective as Dortmund have more chance of the league than Utd do, even if it is still only slim.
Ruhr Nachrichten absolutely worth believing when it comes to Dortmund. About as reliable as it gets outside of official club channels

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ruhr Nachrichten absolutely worth believing when it comes to Dortmund. About as reliable as it gets outside of official club channels
Not if the club is telling him random thing just to force the buyer to increase their price. Clubs use journalists to do this kind of stuffs.

Web of Bissaka

Let's say we lost top 4..
If he snubbed us for no CL, then he is just not serious in joining.

Surely he can see we came close and the potential of this young teams to go far are huge. It's a promising project which ambitious sensible players would want to join and be part of. His age is also still young. No way our squad will be away from CL for too long.

I have issues with players not serious in joining our club.

The other thing annoying is when players joining more for the money eg. Di Maria and Sanchez. Best ideal examples of players joining more for the club and/or interesting project are Zlatan, Pogba and maybe Shaw too (not too sure). They joined us when we had no CL at reasonable wages befitting their talents and reputations (not too high, not too low) despite having better options elsewhere where they can definitely get trophies quicker and/or get more money.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Let's say we lost top 4..
If he snubbed us for no CL, then he is just not serious in joining.

Surely he can see we came close and the potential of this young teams to go far are huge. It's a promising project which ambitious sensible players would want to join and be part of. His age is also still young. No way our squad will be away from CL for too long.
He can probably also see where your squad is lacking, and that's quite a few areas. Even if you signed him, you'd still be with your current defensive unit, which is EL-level. Yes, your trajectory is clearly pointing upwards, but chances of you challenging for the major titles next season already are rather slim.
So, from a sporting POV, Sancho won't improve by joining you this summer already. In Dortmund, he'll finish 2nd in the league, and will likely enjoy some degree of success in the CL. That isn't the worst spot to be at. He might want to wait another year to see where your ship sailing, and perhaps join you after you've made some quality signings for your back row.
Financially, it'd also probably more lucrative to wait another year. The lower your transfer fee, the more you can haggle for a better salary, apart from having a bigger number of possible suitors. Back then, when Dortmund decided to rather have Lewa see out his contract then selling him to us for 25m, they raised his salary to keep him pleased. He's on like 6m/yr now, if put on Hummels/reus wages, he'll be at around 10m/yr. That's not exactly small change for a stop gap year of a 20yr old lad.
Unless he's really homesick I see very little incentive for him to force a move this summer.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I looked at his horoscope and it's on lads!

You might have to do a bit of adjusting today in order to experience a harmonious understanding with the people around you, Aries. Adopt a feistier and more aggressive attitude toward love and romance if you want to receive any attention in that area. Feel free to go for the gold. Sitting back and lying low will most likely get you nowhere. Take the initiative. Be brave and go out on a limb.
It's written in the stars!

Strelok

1) don't worry he has a pretty good left foot.

2) he is really fast and a great dribbler, with a lot of flair. Imo defenders in the PL will have a really hard time with him.

And Sane is not really good as an inverted RW. He's much better on the left.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Starting to see a lot of stuff coming from the Dortmund side along the lines of:

Dortmund don’t want to sell, and Sancho doesn’t want to leave, however if he does...

Dortmund already starting to save face/justify the sale.

Not long to go now.
Yep, i think it is a done deal already, at least if United qualifies today.

Just a matter of days until confirmation imo. I wonder what Dortmund is going to do with the money.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
He can probably also see where your squad is lacking, and that's quite a few areas. Even if you signed him, you'd still be with your current defensive unit, which is EL-level. Yes, your trajectory is clearly pointing upwards, but chances of you challenging for the major titles next season already are rather slim.
So, from a sporting POV, Sancho won't improve by joining you this summer already. In Dortmund, he'll finish 2nd in the league, and will likely enjoy some degree of success in the CL. That isn't the worst spot to be at. He might want to wait another year to see where your ship sailing, and perhaps join you after you've made some quality signings for your back row.
Financially, it'd also probably more lucrative to wait another year. The lower your transfer fee, the more you can haggle for a better salary, apart from having a bigger number of possible suitors. Back then, when Dortmund decided to rather have Lewa see out his contract then selling him to us for 25m, they raised his salary to keep him pleased. He's on like 6m/yr now, if put on Hummels/reus wages, he'll be at around 10m/yr. That's not exactly small change for a stop gap year of a 20yr old lad.
Unless he's really homesick I see very little incentive for him to force a move this summer.
I have to agree. Waiting a year is what I would be strongly advising Sancho if I were his agent. What you have outlined is what I have said before.

This doesn't mean it will actually happen, as he may genuinely be home sick (not too sure how you become homesick when when left London for Manchester at 14 and then Manchester for Dortmund at 17) and wants to come back. However, a move this year will mean he misses out financially and I also do not see how Utd with him in the team are going to do any better than Dortmund relatively speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.