Status
Not open for further replies.

Rauður Djöfull

Rio the muppet!

Doubt he knows sine he did similar with Haaland and he went to Dortmund

Last edited:

WPMUFC

Credible journo's starting to increase the chatter on X player....tick
Credible journo's talking about the selling clubs setting a concrete price.....tick

I'll be back in a month after woodward gives in and pays the asking price. Welcome to MUFC, Jadon Sancho. :devil:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Hearing stories that Sancho advised Bellingham to go to Dortmund. Hopefully, it's because Sancho is coming to us and didn't want the competition for places ha h. Seriously, not surprised it it's true: Dortmund do seem to buy good player and make then even better

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Did anyone see Rios comment on Sanchos latest instagram post?
Cheeky muppetry or does he know something?

Rio: ”Manchester isn’t ready for them kinda bags”
He's right, Manchester isn't a progressive city

I literally have no idea what I'm talking about

ArjenIsM3

If we don't get it in the league I expect us to fold in the EL. We look shagged.
The players will have a few days off after the Leicester game. There's a week and a half between that game and the first Europa one so that's a fair amount of rest. We don't need to field our best team either as we can lose 4-0 and still go through. Save our best players for the next round.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hearing stories that Sancho advised Bellingham to go to Dortmund. Hopefully, it's because Sancho is coming to us and didn't want the competition for places ha h. Seriously, not surprised it it's true: Dortmund do seem to buy good player and make then even better
Giving Dortmund far too much credit IMO. Getting very good youngsters and giving them gametime doesn't mean that they made said player better. These kids are already very highly rated and experience makes them better.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not to sure if this person is worth listening to. My usual stance on transfer rumours is that everything is 100% BS outside of it coming directly from a club, a player themselves or one or two known broadsheet journalists.

However, I have always been of the opinion that for Sancho himself, a move this Summer makes zero sense financially or even from a football perspective as Dortmund have more chance of the league than Utd do, even if it is still only slim.

RkkMan

Not to sure if this person is worth listening to. My usual stance on transfer rumours is that everything is 100% BS outside of it coming directly from a club, a player themselves or one or two known broadsheet journalists.

However, I have always been of the opinion that for Sancho himself, a move this Summer makes zero sense financially or even from a football perspective as Dortmund have more chance of the league than Utd do, even if it is still only slim.
So a question do you honestly think Sancho will turn us down if we get CL football and agree a fee with BVB????

United58

Not to sure if this person is worth listening to. My usual stance on transfer rumours is that everything is 100% BS outside of it coming directly from a club, a player themselves or one or two known broadsheet journalists suiting Man United.
Ftfy :D

Darlington Padgett

I agree, looking at the rumors going around it looks like both sides are not moving from their valuation.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Sancho in our squad means we have better chance to win something than Dortmund. Bayern is just too strong for Dortmund and they just upgraded their winger to Sane while Dortmund only signed 17 years old Bellingham.

Bayern looked shite when under Kovac but when Flick took in charge, they have 90% win percentage under him. Good luck beating that, better sell Sancho and use the money to get 2 quality players. Pretty sure Sancho would say he has better chance to win something playing alongside Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood & Bruno rather than Haland, 31 years old injury prone Reus, Brandt & Thorgan Hazard.

pacifictheme

It certainly makes sense financially. He will earn ridiculous money at united, both from the club and from being a player for it.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Sancho in our squad means we have better chance to win something than Dortmund. Bayern is just too strong for Dortmund and they just upgraded their winger to Sane while Dortmund only signed 17 years old Bellingham.

Bayern looked shite when under Kovac but when Flick took in charge, they have 90% win percentage under him. Good luck beating that, better sell Sancho and use the money to get 2 quality players. Pretty sure Sancho would say he has better chance to win something playing alongside Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood & Bruno rather than Haland, 31 years old injury prone Reus, Brandt & Thorgan Hazard.
If he wants to win trophies he can wait a year and then has free choice between pretty much all CL challengers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If he wants to win trophies he can wait a year and then has free choice between pretty much all CL challengers.
Why? Did he get a call from all CL challengers saying they want to sign him next season but not this season?

RkkMan

Has it hit these negative ABUs that maybe just maybe Sancho actually prefers to return to England hence why Utd seem like the favorites? His camp would not be willing to negotiate with us for many months if he wasn`t very keen on joining Utd otherwise we`d have been rejected straight away. If we get CL it will take a seriously monumental feck up from Woodward not to complete this deal cause once we strike a deal with BVB convincing Sancho will be very easy even Fabrizio said it ffffss

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
So a question do you honestly think Sancho will turn us down if we get CL football and agree a fee with BVB????
I do not think it is the case of him turning Utd down, it is more like pause the transfer to next year.

Haha, thanks!

I agree, looking at the rumors going around it looks like both sides are not moving from their valuation.
My feeling is more that financially it makes no sense for Sancho to move this year.

In England there are two clubs way ahead (if City sort their CB's out) then you have three/four other clubs that cause issues. In Germany, they of course have to overcome Bayern, but I do not think that is any harder than trying to get past City and the Dippers, then hold off say a Chelsea with Werner, Harvetz and Ziyech plus others added to it. Anyway, the financials are what really makes me think he will stay.

It certainly makes sense financially. He will earn ridiculous money at united, both from the club and from being a player for it.
Well here is the thing. If he moves this Summer, it like it will take a minimum of a £100m transfer fee. The kid is already on £190k. A deal keeping him on £190k for five years is £150m.

If he waits next season he will have to be sold for £60-£70m. If Utd value him at £150m in total that means he can get £305k a week at £70m, £344k a week at £60m for the same price to Utd. Further, next season you probably have Real/Barca/PSG/Juve/Bayern at the table too, so that will also drive up the price.

A sale this year benefits, Dortmund and Utd (depending on how desperate you think Utd are for him). For Jadon, next year or even the year after makes much more sense.

If he was playing in Portugal or something, I would understand that he may want to move this season to play at a higher level. However, he is playing for the second best club who are a CL team in the third best domestic league and he is only 20.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In England there are two clubs way ahead (if City sort their CB's out) then you have three/four other clubs that cause issues. In Germany, they of course have to overcome Bayern, but I do not think that is any harder than trying to get past City and the Dippers, then hold off say a Chelsea with Werner, Harvetz and Ziyech plus others added to it. Anyway, the financials are what really makes me think he will stay.
Less quantity means nothing if you are nowhere near in term of quality to challenge that one team. Dortmund & Leipzig had chances to win it this season when Bayern was poor under Kovac and they couldn't take advantage from it. And now under Flick as the manager, Bayern is back again to superior team with additional of Sane as improvement to their squad.

I respect Dortmund as a club but the reality is that unlike Dortmund, United is looking for to close the gaps by adding more quality players in their squad. If a top player who wants to win trophy has choice between playing with group of Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood & Bruno or playing with Haland, 31 years old Reus, Thorgan Hazard & Brandt, I think the choice is very obvious.

redshaw

Feel United will stick to their guns under 100 million, something like 85m, so he could remain if Dortmund don't budge.

theklr

Feel United will stick to their guns under 100 million, something like 85m, so he could remain if Dortmund don't budge.
Dont you see the Maguire similarities written all over this? or any other of the transfers we’ve done the last year ?

Was just the same chatter about valuation differences, not budging etc etc but then suddenly «poof» and they were a united player.

-Supreme-

Dont you see the Maguire similarities written all over this? or any other of the transfers we’ve done the last year ?

Was just the same chatter about valuation differences, not budging etc etc but then suddenly «poof» and they were a united player.
We have the upper hand than Maguire's case with Leicester.

Woodward knows that Sancho can be bought for around 30-40m less next summer, and if the Covid situation remains the same for most of next season then Sancho's price will be affected even further.

redshaw

I do see them. We may "give in" but that's another discussion on did we pay the asking price or less for AWB and Maguire, they also had signed long contracts with their former clubs if I recall, certainty Maguire did.

I'm just skeptical United will put down 100m+.

RiqCantona

Great. Now it's a complete saga. We've seen it all over the past 2-3 weeks.

1. United want Sancho as top target
2. Sancho interested to move to UK
3. BVB keen to cash in
4. United preparing bid.
5. BVB holding out for 100m+
6. United looking at other options
7. BVB reducing valuation
8. BVB not reducing valuation
9. Deal is off
10. Sancho wants to move
11. Deal is done, contract pending.
12. Sancho doesn't want to move
13. Deal off, United pursuing other options.
14. United re-resign Fellaini.

I think all that is left is for City to become interested in him. Meaning, Arsenal will end up signing him in August.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great. Now it's a complete saga. We've seen it all over the past 2-3 weeks.

1. United want Sancho as top target
2. Sancho interested to move to UK
3. BVB keen to cash in
4. United preparing bid.
5. BVB holding out for 100m+
6. United looking at other options
7. BVB reducing valuation
8. BVB not reducing valuation
9. Deal is off
10. Sancho wants to move
11. Deal is done, contract pending.
12. Sancho doesn't want to move
13. Deal off

I think all that is left is for City to become interested in him. Meaning, Arsenal will end up signing him in August.
We need a few weeks of being linked to some other right sided attacker first. United's classic try and make the other team think we've lost interest routine.

Usually followed by us paying the exact amount they wanted at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.