Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggusCrickus

For me he has that Utd number 7 vibe to him . Very much like when we signed Cristano there is something in this kid that screams star. The fact he English and had a bad fallout with City means we should be all over this . And in a position where we could and should strengthen.

Last edited by a moderator:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Think it's best he stays at Dortmund a while longer.

We should make a bid this summer only if another team forces our hand.

Future number 7 written all over this lad.

In a few years time, attacking options of Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Chong, Greenwood is looking very healthy.
Nah go for him now.

Chairman Steve

Our right side is in pretty bad shape as it is, so we should make a move this summer if we are actually in for him. Don’t delay it because he might develop more at Dortmund. He could develop just as well at Utd. Dortmund isn’t some magic factory for youth players to become world class in a season or two. They couldn’t do shit with Januzaj when he was sent there.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
OK muppets! genuine questions.

Do we really need a player like him? Is this a position we desperately need to address?

Would 100m be better spent strengthening elsewhere?

What would he bring to our team?
Getting him would be the best piece of business we could possibly do. Our right flank is horrific with no real prospects really for it to improve. Sancho is one of the elite young players in the world, can be our main winger for years to come. It's a no brainer to basically instantly sort out what has been a problem position for years, and to sort it out with a young English player for the next how many years and take our team up a notch in the future with the potential he has.

In order of preferance for deals I would want done this summer:
  1. Sancho
  2. De ligt
  3. Skriniar (because 4 years younger than Koulibaly)
  4. Koulibaly
  5. Right winger if we cant get Sancho
  6. Midfielder
  7. Right back

marktan

If we sign him we can mount a serious title challenge next year and imo even compete for the CL, as our attack will be Martial - Rashford - Sancho with Pogba in behind.

If we don't or don't even attempt to sign him, it'll be the second summer in a row where we've done nothing and serious questions will need to be asked of Ed Woodward. Frankly we're into the 6th year under his charge and we've not come close to one serious title challenge once in that time.

Canagel

If we sign him we can mount a serious title challenge next year and imo even compete for the CL, as our attack will be Martial - Rashford - Sancho with Pogba in behind.

If we don't or don't even attempt to sign him, it'll be the second summer in a row where we've done nothing and serious questions will need to be asked of Ed Woodward. Frankly we're into the 6th year under his charge and we've not come close to one serious title challenge once in that time.
that isn't Ed's fault. near 700m spending is more than enough to mount a title challenge.
we've outspent 3 of the last 5 PL winners. The problem isn't one of spending but spending on the right players.

In Rainbows

Nah go for him now.
Waiting might allow more teams into the race for him and he will probably be more expensive so I agree with you. I know Dortmund don't want to sell and it's true that they want players, but when the money offered is a lot, they can use that money to use on multiple areas. The money from Dembele and Sancho would be like 240mil. You're telling me that amount of money can't allow them to strengthen the entire team? Why wouldn't they use that money to buy Hudson Odoi?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
My biggest concern is not being interested at all. There’s very little other than RedCafe to suggest right wing is any sort of priority to those that matter, and those close to the club and in the game in general seem to think Lingard is a top class player. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ole in particular sees Jesse, who ‘gets what it means to play for Manchester United’ as one of his main men if he gets the job.

Brightonian

that isn't Ed's fault. near 700m spending is more than enough to mount a title challenge.
we've outspent 3 of the last 5 PL winners. The problem isn't one of spending but spending on the right players.
The problem has very little to do with spending at all. Football isn't Football Manager. Transfers matter but coaching matters more. If Ole's impact on the exact same squad which Mourinho was carrying down the table has proven anything, it's proven that.

RooneyLegend

Let's get to more important issues, how's his ball striking? Also with him in the side we're going to need to need to beef up the playmaking in midfield areas as he's not going to help out with that. Can't believe the amount of wide talent faffing about in Germany in recent years with Bayern doing nothing about it.

beingshe7don

Callum-Hudson Odoi looks like an immense talent. It's a shame he can't get into the Chelsea team ahead of Willian and Pedro who have been crap. Even though we can never get Callum-Hudson Odoi, I think he suits our system more than Sancho. Sancho would fair much better in a system like that of Pep's.

Reminds me of a raw version of Martial

amolbhatia50k

Callum-Hudson Odoi looks like an immense talent. It's a shame he can't get into the Chelsea team ahead of Willian and Pedro who have been crap. Even though we can never get Callum-Hudson Odoi, I think he suits our system more than Sancho. Sancho would fair much better in a system like that of Pep's.

Reminds me of a raw version of Martial
Why does he suit us more than Sancho? Because he's faster and more physical?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Hudson Odoi can play on the RW then we should try and sign him with his contract running down. I haven't seen too much of the player but only 12 months ago he was considered a bigger talent than Sancho by many fans. He also played a starring role for England u-17s when they won the world cup and kept Sancho on the bench. Sancho got his chance to shine at Dortmund and will cost a huge amount of money, and some on here are suggesting he could cost a mind boggling £140m.

I would be happy with Sancho, but Hudson Odoi looks as if he will be a similar level of player once he's under a manager who shows faith in the players talent and would cost alot less. We should compete with Bayern for his signature.

tieunhilang

If Hudson Odoi can play on the RW then we should try and sign him with his contract running down. I haven't seen too much of the player but only 12 months ago he was considered a bigger talent than Sancho by many fans. He also played a starring role for England u-17s when they won the world cup and kept Sancho on the bench. Sancho got his chance to shine at Dortmund and will cost a huge amount of money, and some on here are suggesting he could cost a mind boggling £140m.

I would be happy with Sancho, but Hudson Odoi looks as if he will be a similar level of player once he's under a manager who shows faith in the players talent and would cost alot less. We should compete with Bayern for his signature.
How about BOTH of them? Having competition on our right wing for once would be a very welcomed idea! :devil:

amolbhatia50k

Odoi look great at that u-17 world cup where he really stood out. However simply two talents start out at a similar level doesn't mean they'll end up at a similar level. Ball control and all is great but Odoi barely gets a game for Chelsea. Only he other hand, Sancho's speed of thought, intelligence and link up is absurdly good for an 18 year old. Sometimes despite good coaching young players are unable develop these things.

Maybe Odoi is destined to be a smashing player. But right now I'm definitely in the Sancho boat. His quality is too obvious and he's absolutely perfect for us. I'd also argue that if Odoi is a lot like martial (strong direct dribbler) as some have alluded then that's not exactly ideal. I do feel we need somebody slightly different which I feel Sancho definitely is.

In Rainbows

He was never considered the bigger talent. And Sancho wasn't benched. He left back to Dortmund after the group stages. Hudson Odoi was benching Gomes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was never considered the bigger talent. And Sancho wasn't benched. He left back to Dortmund after the group stages. Hudson Odoi was benching Gomes.
He was considered a bigger talent by many fans I spoke to.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Odoi look great at that u-17 world cup where he really stood out. However simply two talents start out at a similar level doesn't mean they'll end up at a similar level. Ball control and all is great but Odoi barely gets a game for Chelsea. Only he other hand, Sancho's speed of thought, intelligence and link up is absurdly good for an 18 year old. Sometimes despite good coaching young players are unable develop these things.

Maybe Odoi is destined to be a smashing player. But right now I'm definitely in the Sancho boat. His quality is too obvious and he's absolutely perfect for us. I'd also argue that if Odoi is a lot like martial (strong direct dribbler) as some have alluded then that's not exactly ideal. I do feel we need somebody slightly different which I feel Sancho definitely is.
But would it be better for us to sign Hudson Odoi for about £80m less than what some are suggesting Sancho would cost? Hudson Odoi is also someone that could reach a similar level to Sancho from what i've seen and read about him and it would leave more £££'s to strengthen other positions.

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

Why are the muppets convinced we will sign Sancho?
He's a boyhood United fan, friends with Lingard and Rashford, follows United and their players on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, signed a pre-contract, and Woodward is his uncle.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
But would it be better for us to sign Hudson Odoi for about £80m less than what some are suggesting Sancho would cost? Hudson Odoi is also someone that could reach a similar level to Sancho from what i've seen and read about him and it would leave more £££'s to strengthen other positions.
We would have as much of a chance signing Hudson- Odoi from Chelsea as we had a chance of signing Sancho from City.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We would have as much of a chance signing Hudson- Odoi from Chelsea as we had a chance of signing Sancho from City.
We've actually signed two players from Chelsea's first team squad in recent years. I don't think they're as receptive to selling to us as you're making it out to be.

amolbhatia50k

I'd rather go for the better player/fit. I don't know if Sancho is that, but he is an outstanding talent and fit from what I've seen. I haven't actually seen enough of Odoi but I wouldn't compromise quality for the sake of spending less. A better player would benefit us for years to come.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why does he suit us more than Sancho? Because he's faster and more physical?
Think he's more of a winger than Sancho is.
He's a boyhood United fan, friends with Lingard and Rashford, follows United and their players on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, signed a pre-contract, and Woodward is his uncle.
He said himself that he supported Chelsea.
Edit: you're joking.

In all think it's academic. We are signing neither this summer.

Treble

The guys who are willing Woody to pay 120m for a boy with 15-20 good games in his career are incredibly smart or not so much. His numbers are excellent but not exactly exceptional for an attacking player in the Bundesliga. Mkhi was player of the season there with fantastic numbers as well and fecking Emil Forsberg contributed 27 goals in 27 starts for Leipzig. Let's see whether he will maintain his level from the first part of the season. A 120m flop wouild make us a laughing stock after Sanchez. And don't be naive to think that 70m are getting him. Dortmund ain't stupid. If Sancho continues to impress in the spring, 120m would be the realistic price.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I've seen him play like 20 times now and I don't think he's a patch on Dembele talent wise. He might end up being a better player, no one knows.
I saw Dembele at Rennes and Dortmund and he just blew me away. Someone you thought for sure would be the best olayer in the woels. Even though Sancho looks very talented, he hasn't given me that umoreimpre. I'd still spend good money to bring him here if possible.

Andersons Dietician

I've seen him play like 20 times now and I don't think he's a patch on Dembele talent wise. He might end up being a better player, no one knows.
I saw Dembele at Rennes and Dortmund and he just blew me away. Someone you thought for sure would be the best olayer in the woels. Even though Sancho looks very talented, he hasn't given me that umoreimpre. I'd still spend good money to bring him here if possible.
This is exactly how I feel, don’t mean it as any disrespect to Sancho but there are things Dembele can do that would be hard for the very best to learn how to do now.

Sancho does look special but Dembele looked and continues to look extra special. It’s that two footedness and ability to change foot mid dribble and take out 2 or 3 people easily, it’s insane.

Anyway saw this.

Andersons Dietician

Does he not have an old picture of him in a bedroom covered with Kleberson posters and a Manchester United football?

Phil Osophy

I don't know if it's realistic, but if we have a real chance to sign Sancho this summer on 100-120 M we shouldn't think it twice. The guy would come here like a glove in our hands, and he could be a player for a generation. He's got everything and more.

The only thing that could happen if he keeps evolving at Dortmund is that it will cost even more, and maybe some clubs like Real, PSG get involved at some point and make it more difficult for us, having to pay extra wages, etc.

So if we have the chance this summer we have to do it without hesitation, but the main question is if they are open to sell on these numbers or not. Because from Dortmund's point of view it would be better to keep him, so they can get more and better performances on the field for some time, and involve more clubs in a transfer battle in the future.

On the other hand there's the risk of the player stagnating (very low probability in my opinion) or getting a serious injury or something and losing his value. So if they get a big offer and the player pushes a bit for the transfer, I can see us having our chance. They paid around 5 M. after all, and with 120 M. in their pockets and their control of the market they can build a whole team and get some other diamonds. So I think the door is open for everything to happen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is exactly how I feel, don’t mean it as any disrespect to Sancho but there are things Dembele can do that would be hard for the very best to learn how to do now.

Sancho does look special but Dembele looked and continues to look extra special. It’s that two footedness and ability to change foot mid dribble and take out 2 or 3 people easily, it’s insane.

Anyway saw this.

We won't be signing Dembele so it's pointless getting excited about him.

Sancho is English, playing for a selling club and plays in the exact position we desperately need. I don't really understand how you can't see his talent?

Not many 18 year old's can do what he's done, especially out of his comfort zone.

In Rainbows

He was considered a bigger talent by many fans I spoke to.
That would be strange because years ago, the 3 biggest talents from that generation were clearly Sancho, Foden, and Gomes. At u14 level I heard Nya Kirby was up there when he was at Spurs, but others passed him shortly after. Then, prior to the Euros (couple of months before the World Cup), Gomes got injured and Hudson Odoi probably put himself in that top 3 spot for their age group over Gomes. I'm not including Sessegnon as he was moved up an age group earlier than all of them.

Someone with a better memory can correct me if I'm wrong, but Hudson Odoi seemed the talent that blossomed later than the others.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
How about BOTH of them? Having competition on our right wing for once would be a very welcomed idea! :devil:
That is exactly what we should be looking to do IMO.

Move on Lukaku, Mata, Sanchez.

The fact that he has only one season left on his contract changes things.

IF we can turn his head, it’s possible. We will likely happily pay more than Bayern too.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I can see that under Ole, we try to go out for the best talents in the market. Sancho could be one of them

cyberman

We've actually signed two players from Chelsea's first team squad in recent years. I don't think they're as receptive to selling to us as you're making it out to be.
Wouldn't the fact we have signed two of their players show us that Chelsea aren't against selling us someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.