Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart89

Like hell he would. Ill offer them some homemade ajvar, prune and apple jam, fresh kajmak, smoked ham, bacon and pršuta + my 60 y old aunt in a Yugo 45 and watch Zorc driving Sancho to the Carrington himself, begging us to take them both!
:lol:

Andersons Dietician

More apt comparison

Number of Goals:
Dembele: 10
Sancho: 8 & counting

Number of Assists:
Dembele age 19 w/ Dortmund: 21 assists
Sancho age 18 w/ Dortmund: 13 assists & counting

Mins Per Assist:
Dembele with 158 mins
Sancho with 160.9mins

Minutes avg per game:*
Dembele: 63.8
Sancho: 65.8

Key passes per game:*
Dembele: 2
Sancho: 1.9

Dribbles per game:*
Dembele: 3.2
Sancho: 3.2

Disp. per game:*
Dembele: 1.3
Sancho: 1.7

Fouled per game:*
Dembele: 1.9
Sancho: 1

*restricted to Bundesliga

So with this, we can see that Dembele was a slightly better dribbler in the Bundesliga and creator. However, it's very close and Sancho is doing it a year younger.
These are great stats but the one thing I would say is that personally even though that Dortmund team at the start of the year was an incredible attacking force, one of the best in Europe if not for Monaco, this current Dortmund seems a far better team. The Dortmund that Dembele played in was pretty much just him and Auba and at the time Dembele was getting shifted all over the place until they found the right position for him.

Let’s face it Sancho is most likely the best talent currently available on the market in a position we need, he is really the only choice as Dembele would likely cost Neymar money at this point. He should be a priority but do Dortmund want to sell, and does he want to come.

Negan

This man is absolutely needed. He’s English, he knows Manchester, he’s rapid, he’s young and he’s exactly what we’re looking for.

Sancho - Rashford - Martial

:drool:

We can’t let anyone else get him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s the next hazard, and we have to be the front runner. I hope we’re already in his ear.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Sancho Sancho Sancho, all i hear is Sancho. What about Havertz? Why isnt United targeting him? He is more likely to get. Or other players which would make sense. The Hype about one shiny new player is one thing, building a squad in the longterm is another.

Sancho will stay for at least another season. It just make no sense to focus on him, instead focus on a proper squad building which is realistic and brings United further. The same thing happend the years before in Woodwards senseless wish for Müller, Reus or Hummels. Think this stuff shows actualy the fact, that a DoF is the most important task for United.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sancho Sancho Sancho, all i hear is Sancho. What about Havertz? Why isnt United targeting him? He is more likely to get. Or other players which would make sense. The Hype about one shiny new player is one thing, building a squad in the longterm is another.

Sancho will stay for at least another season. It just make no sense to focus on him, instead focus on a proper squad building which is realistic and brings United further. The same thing happend the years before in Woodwards senseless wish for Müller, Reus or Hummels. Think this stuff shows actualy the fact, that a DoF is the most important task for United.
Probably because he is English... and United is an English club...

Fracture90

It appears all this Sancho to UTD talk is getting to you .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Don't need to get upset. Sancho to Utd has mostly been forum talk. There are not many journalists running with it.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Have we signed him yet?

It’s been a pretty disappointing few transfers windows for a proper muppet like myself. Hoping for a full blown saga with this one, just to make me feel alive again.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

You seem upset

Trizy

City apparently made an illegal payment to his agent before he was 16 and allowed to have an agent
City doing something dodgy... shocking.

So they basically paid his parents money for him to sign.

Trizy

Damn.. some players just have ''it''. To name a few who I watched and just knew they had it at a young age was Hazard, KDB, Dembele, Alcantara, Isco. Most of them didn't turn out too badly, eh?

Momochiru

I might be in the minority, but I think 100M is way too big a gamble for a player who had just a few months of first team football. If we get him that would mean that a major part of our summer budget would be spent on him and that's too risky in my opinion. I'd rather spread the summer budget on 3 solid players in their mid 20's, than splurge the biggest part of it on a prospect, who might or might not become a great player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I might be in the minority, but I think 100M is way too big a gamble for a player who had just a few months of first team football. If we get him that would mean that a major part of our summer budget would be spent on him and that's too risky in my opinion. I'd rather spread the summer budget on 3 solid players in their mid 20's, than splurge the biggest part of it on a prospect, who might or might not become a great player.
It's not really a gamble when they're already starring for a top league and doing well in the CL.

The guy is English so won't have language or settling in problems. If you could ever blow 100m not worry, this is the guy.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He did complete 700mins last season as well. Injury disrupted his first season a tad. 2636mins of senior football which is basically just over 29 games worth. By the time he's finished the season he'll be on 40+ games.

So far he's got 10 goals, 18 assists in 2636mins. Not too shabby. If you were provided the option to sign someone like Mbappe, Rooney or Ronaldo at the start of their career you'd do it right? No matter the cost?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Who are the solid 30m signings you have in mind? You won't get a player with his level of je ne said quoi for £30mil, you wouldn't get it for £50mil.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There’s no formula really. Sancho is a player you have to go for. If we saw him at 16 and could get him for £25m, we should have done that too. It’s not all linear. He falls into the category of player that you try to secure ahead of your rivals at all costs.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We simply have to go all out and this guy. 130/140 million.

If we got him and one or two covering MFs i would be happy. Wait till January to get a RB.

deafepl

Sancho just impressed me especially with him being on balls, dribbling and decision making. Phenomenal talent and really better than Mbappe at 18, seriously if he was French, Brazilian or Spanish, everyone would be rating him highly more than if he was English, he'd be future Ballon d'Or candidates without a doubt. Mbappe has a phenomenal pace and seems so mature with the decision making but nothing special compared to Sancho.

Bwuk

Sancho just impressed me especially with him being on balls, dribbling and decision making. Phenomenal talent and really better than Mbappe at 18, seriously if he was French, Brazilian or Spanish, everyone would be rating him highly more than if he was English, he'd be future Ballon d'Or candidates without a doubt. Mbappe has a phenomenal pace and seems so mature with the decision making but nothing special compared to Sancho.
Mbappe is far better than Sancho.

Trizy

Mbappe is far better than Sancho.
He said Mbappe at 18, which was during his break through season. To be fair, he's not wrong.

Will Sancho be as good as Mbappe? Nothing is for sure, obviously.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I would splash 200 million on him and De Ligt in a second, even if that means all of our budget gone. Everything is a gamble these days, but I would rather take that gamble on a young, world-class talents then what we have mostly trying to do in a last few years.

Then again, it's not my money...

Bwuk

He said Mbappe at 18, which was during his break through season. To be fair, he's not wrong.

Will Sancho be as good as Mbappe? Nothing is for sure, obviously.
Even at 18 Mbappe was better. He was frightening for Monaco in the CL.

Momochiru

He did complete 700mins last season as well. Injury disrupted his first season a tad. 2636mins of senior football which is basically just over 29 games worth. By the time he's finished the season he'll be on 40+ games.

So far he's got 10 goals, 18 assists in 2636mins. Not too shabby. If you were provided the option to sign someone like Mbappe, Rooney or Ronaldo at the start of their career you'd do it right? No matter the cost?
As I said, it's a gamble. If he turns out to become of Mbappe, Rooney or Ronaldo caliber, it will be worth it, but how often have we heard that someone is the next Ronaldo or next Messi? There is a lot of hype usually with young players who have great breakout season - in his case the hype is even greater because he is English. We even had our own hype with Januzaj who had a great first season. Where is he now?

My problem with gambling 100M on him is that in the attempt to fill out the hole at RW with Sancho we will be left with barely any budget for the rest of the gaping holes in our squad. Let's say we have 150M budget for next summer - I would rather get 3 solid players for RB, CB and CM and develop our own RW prospect (Chong), than blowing most of the budget on a prospect that we would still need to develop and practically closing the door to Chong.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
As I said, it's a gamble. If he turns out to become of Mbappe, Rooney or Ronaldo caliber, it will be worth it, but how often have we heard that someone is the next Ronaldo or next Messi? There is a lot of hype usually with young players who have great breakout season - in his case the hype is even greater because he is English. We even have our own hype with Januzaj who had a great first season. Where is he now?

My problem with gambling 100M on him is that in the attempt to fill out the hole at RW with Sancho we will be left with barely any budget for the rest of the gaping holes in our squad. Let's say we have 150M budget for next summer - I would rather get 3 solid players for RB, CB and CM and develop our own RW prospect (Chong), than blowing most of the budget on a prospect that we would need to develop and practically closing the door to Chong.
The difference with Sancho is that he's doing things that no flop would do. He's the real deal, it's clear as day to anyone who actually watches him play football. No way would it close the door on Chong either, there's plenty of games in a season and we've already seen that with the type of football Ole plays we'd need to rotate a bit now and then. We should also have more than enough budget to fill gaps elsewhere (although personally it's just RB, CM and RW that needs upgrades).

Also as I say, when a special talent appears, you go for him no matter the cost.

Final point... feel free to find me an 18 year old with the numbers Sancho has that flopped hard.

Momochiru

The difference with Sancho is that he's doing things that no flop would do. He's the real deal, it's clear as day to anyone who actually watches him play football. No way would it close the door on Chong either, there's plenty of games in a season and we've already seen that with the type of football Ole plays we'd need to rotate a bit now and then. We should also have more than enough budget to fill gaps elsewhere (although personally it's just RB, CM and RW that needs upgrades).

Also as I say, when a special talent appears, you go for him no matter the cost.
If we get Sancho, we would have 7 attacking players for 3 positions. No matter how we rotate, Chong will never get a game with 7 first team players ahead of him. Unless we sell Mata and Sanchez, then I agree, but I can't see it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If we get Sancho, we would have 7 attacking players for 3 positions. No matter how we rotate, Chong will never get a game with 7 first team players ahead of him. Unless we sell Mata and Sanchez, then I agree, but I can't see it.
Sanchez and Lukaku are on borrowed time. That simple really.

Momochiru

Sanchez and Lukaku are on borrowed time. That simple really.
Do you see Ed selling them at a huge loss? I don't think it's likely.

The best scenario is if we get rid of 3-4 non-performing players and replace them with real quality. I would agree to get Sancho after that, but that would require a huge budget - 300M+. I doubt it will happen.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Do you see Ed selling them at a huge loss? I don't think it's likely.

The best scenario is if we get rid of 3-4 non-performing players and replace them with real quality. I would agree to get Sancho after that, but that would require a huge budget - 300M+. I doubt it will happen.
I think he would. Sanchez is on huge wages and simply not delivering, better cut our losses now than continue with him. Lukaku we might stick with for one more season, but if we got a decent offer I can see him leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.