Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Why would they be stubborn if they get the money they want? Makes no sense.
I hope I’m wrong but their season starts in 4 weeks and their pre seasons begins tomorrow, I thought they set us this deadline so they can get replacements/preparations for next season started.

I mean they set this deadline weeks ago, we’ve had about 3 weeks worth of negotiating at this point.

mu4c_20le

I was expecting Woody to give in just before the 10th deadline, and announcements to be made over the weekend.

Looks like we're playing it very risky now by calling Dortmund's bluff. This might backfire if BVB want to make a point and decide to block any sale from tomorrow onwards.
Would their board even let them turn down 120m because of these little games? We are still on semi holiday, there is no rush to get him over

cyberman

I hear rejecting a Utd bid will enlarge the penis size of every staff member of BVB.
Apparently every report has the German club bending us over a barrell with nothing but sunshine and rainbows in their future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
An old uni pal of mine that I'm still in touch with works at the Guardian (joined fairly recently). He says folk there were briefed that a deal was reached a while ago and will be announced officially early next week. Woodward posturing so the clubs of other targets think we have bugger all left in the coffers after this. Supposedly some left-back from France and Bennacer from Milan but that wasn't part of the brief just speculation.

He's only given me scoops on Scottish football before, hasn't been one to bullshit. In any case it is too late in the game for me to make money on this info so thought I would share here and keep the muppets juices flowing.
Not saying you’re chatting shit, nor your pal (because I do think this will be done soon anyway), but this implies that German media and Dortmund have agreed to keep it quiet, because?

TheHeya

What do we reckon guys? We making a move before they depart for pre season?

I hope I’m wrong but their season starts in 4 weeks and their pre seasons begins tomorrow, I thought they set us this deadline so they can get replacements/preparations for next season started.

I mean they set this deadline weeks ago, we’ve had about 3 weeks worth of negotiating at this point.
Newspapers report a deadline, means nothing. let’s say they want an arbitrary amount of money, e.g £100m - they will accept that next week, even if it’s passed this supposed deadline.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our briefings usually come out around 10:30, I'd imagine we'll at least get some sort of indication if this is happening, especially if the mysterious deadline really is tomorrow.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Not saying you’re chatting shit, nor your pal (because I do think this will be done soon anyway), but this implies that German media and Dortmund have agreed to keep it quiet, because?
Absolutely no idea. Your guess is as good as mine.

There's a small chance he is on a wind-up as he knows I'm a United fan. But like I said I've made some pennies on his info relating to Scottish Manager appointments etc when he was North of the border, so feel it would be a bit out of character for him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Would their board even let them turn down 120m because of these little games? We are still on semi holiday, there is no rush to get him over
It's highly probable they won't, not in this environment.

But we've essentially called a bluff, and there's a chance, however little it may be, that Dortmund decide to enforce this deadline to prove a point or raise the expected fee now to account for delay in getting in a replacement.

I do feel that we'll get an announcement soon, though.

ostentatious

I need reassurance :(

So, Nurse tweeted this on the day before Schneiderlin was announced: "Schneiderlin #MUFC" – https:// twitter. com/howardnurse/status/620348543811887104
And Nurse has just tweeted this tonight. Make of that what you will.

DWelbz19

Because it matters who announces it?
What does that mean? Why would Dortmund willingly remain liable for an asset worth up to €120m for any longer than they actually need to be? “If it’s been done for weeks” — That doesn’t make business sense. Any issues that could occur to ruin the deal are imprudent for a commercial company to risk. He’d been in training last week, for instance. A major injury stops the transfer right there and then.

diarm

What does that mean? Why would Dortmund willingly remain liable for an asset worth up to €120m for any longer than they actually need to be? “If it’s been done for weeks” — That doesn’t make business sense. Any issues that could occur to ruin the deal are imprudent for a commercial company to risk. He’d been in training last week, for instance. A major injury stops the transfer right there and then.
Could be that they are working on his replacement and want to get it sorted before everyone knows they have a boatload of cash. The delay could suit both sides.

Or it could all just be nonsense and the delay is because transfer negotiations are complicated.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It’s interesting how the German briefings keep repeating how Dortmund expect Sancho to be on the plane tomorrow and how he’s promised them he’ll remain professional throughout. Almost like they’re setting the scene for him to become public enemy number one...

pascell

An old uni pal of mine that I'm still in touch with works at the Guardian (joined fairly recently). He says folk there were briefed that a deal was reached a while ago and will be announced officially early next week. Woodward posturing so the clubs of other targets think we have bugger all left in the coffers after this. Supposedly some left-back from France and Bennacer from Milan but that wasn't part of the brief just speculation.

He's only given me scoops on Scottish football before, hasn't been one to bullshit. In any case it is too late in the game for me to make money on this info so thought I would share here and keep the muppets juices flowing.
Congratulations, you've made it onto the Muppetiers page, Big Bazza (seems deeply obsessed with this place) thinks you're the transfer guru and has pasted your comment from here on there.

DWelbz19

Could be that they are working on his replacement and want to get it sorted before everyone knows they have a boatload of cash. The delay could suit both sides.

Or it could all just be nonsense and the delay is because transfer negotiations are complicated.
That too!

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
So everyone else saying that negotiations about the structure of payments, they bullshit us with,' no official contact,'
Ruhr Nachrichten dont do bullshit when it comes to BVB. Doesnt get much more reliable. Apart from the club themselves of course

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It’s interesting how the German briefings keep repeating how Dortmund expect Sancho to be on the plane tomorrow and how he’s promised them he’ll remain professional throughout. Almost like they’re setting the scene for him to become public enemy number one...
He will be on a plane, I think this will be wrapped up but it'll still take more time.
Isn’t the deadline for this deal tomorrow?
If you want to believe Dortmund's "deadline" then sure. In reality we all know the deal will go through if an acceptable offer is reached after then.

Rolaholic

It's a match day tomorrow, I can't really see that being disrupted by any kind of transfer news from the club.
Pretty much, never expected to hear much of anything interesting or new before our match tomorrow.

Him going to preseason with them doesn't change anything either. Maguire had started his preseason with Leicester already by the time a deal was struck.

I also doubt that they'd refuse an offer to their liking if it came after whatever imaginary and arbitrary deadline the press have been floating. Doesn't make sense when our season isn't even over yet officially

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
theory;

Is it better for Sancho to stay at Dortmund until the end of the window anyway?

Our players have 2 weeks max, then will go on holiday again for another month or so.

Sancho will just be standing around waiting doing nothing. Maybe it's better for him to do a proper pre season at Dortmund and then join us when fully fit?

Maybe the club will hope he will have a flying start then if he joins at full pace. ;)

DSG

Wondering if I could get advice from the experienced, grizzled veteran muppets.

I've been bleeding United since the Cantona days, but no transfer saga has made me this insane... I normally just ignore the non-stop crap journo tweets and wait till announcement or the deal's off and move on.

Ronaldinho was the most memorable saga, but really, this Sancho kid.... I've been watching him at Dortmund for three seasons. You could even see it in the U17 World Cup -- just breathtaking. I've been waiting for this for well over a year. Thought we'd get him last summer.

How are you coping? Are you coping?

Jesus Christ Ed. It's not like it's your money. Pull the fecking trigger. Offloading Sanchez means you have a nice comfy spot at 350k per week just opening up. Dortmund can't compete with that. Pay them the 120, don't care if it's all at once.

peridigm

theory;

Our players have 2 weeks max, then will go on holiday again for another month or so.

Sancho will just be standing around waiting doing nothing. Maybe it's better for him to do a proper pre season at Dortmund and then join us when fully fit?

Maybe the club will hope he will have a flying start then if he joins at full pace. ;)
I think fitness at the start of the season is going to be a non-issue due to the limited time between the season ending and starting, provided we make it to the final.
He's been on his holiday already. It would be best to bring him in now to gel with the squad, train, and be ready for our preseason when it happens. He would also train at Carrington with the coaches while the players are on their break.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
theory;

Have you no idea how many muppet lives that delay will cost us? What is wrong with you to consider such a thing?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Kicker are even writing that "unlike what tabloid reports suggested", Sancho won't get a wage bump to keep him happy, because Dortmund didn't offer and he didn't ask. They also expect some certainty tomorrow, because apparently Zorc wants to give an official statement on the matter tomorrow.

El Presidente

Ruhr Nachrichten dont do bullshit when it comes to BVB. Doesnt get much more reliable. Apart from the club themselves of course
Apparently they do bullshit, though because the clubs are obviously negotiating.
And if they can come out and say “yeah, but it’s through intermediaries so we’re technically correct”, then it means feck all.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Wondering if I could get advice from the experienced, grizzled veteran muppets.

I've been bleeding United since the Cantona days, but no transfer saga has made me this insane... I normally just ignore the non-stop crap journo tweets and wait till announcement or the deal's off and move on.

Ronaldinho was the most memorable saga, but really, this Sancho kid.... I've been watching him at Dortmund for three seasons. You could even see it in the U17 World Cup -- just breathtaking. I've been waiting for this for well over a year. Thought we'd get him last summer.

How are you coping? Are you coping?

Jesus Christ Ed. It's not like it's your money. Pull the fecking trigger. Offloading Sanchez means you have a nice comfy spot at 350k per week just opening up. Dortmund can't compete with that. Pay them the 120, don't care if it's all at once.
How am I coping?

Honestly losing interest in it now. Reached peak muppet last week and now I’m struggling to feel much other than fatigue with it all.

It usually comes in peaks and troughs I just feel like it’s a done deal and is a bit of a worst kept secret scenario we find ourselves in.

I think I can deal with a month of solid muppetry then need a break. It’s been too long a saga to muppet for and need a break.

Riz

Kicker are even writing that "unlike what tabloid reports suggested", Sancho won't get a wage bump to keep him happy, because Dortmund didn't offer and he didn't ask. They also expect some certainty tomorrow, because apparently Zorc wants to give an official statement on the matter tomorrow.
Official statement? That doesn’t sound good. We’re certainly not close to announcing an agreement otherwise it would have leaked tonight.

Womp

idiot
If this wasn't to materialise, having distanced myself, I would be hurt, but not shattered. :wenger:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently they do bullshit, though because the clubs are obviously negotiating.
And if they can come out and say “yeah, but it’s through intermediaries so we’re technically correct”, then it means feck all.
fair point and i accept that. But they are considered god tier reliability for BVb news

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Official statement? That doesn’t sound good. We’re certainly not close to announcing an agreement otherwise it would have leaked tonight.
Yeah if that’s true I’m worried

F1D

Zorc can give an official statement and then sell him after 3 hours or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.