Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
6 months later, pay the price we should have anyway. Can you imagine how much closer we would be to Liverpool and City if we did things efficienctly? Bought Maguire a season earlier, bought Bruno last summer ?
How do you know why we made those decisions? Maybe it had to do with cashflow, impacted by decrease in projected income due to failure to qualify into CL?

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah agreed the fact that they didn't know he had a contract until 2023 really discredits them concerning this transfer. However, a lot of them do have contacts and have been right before. But with this transfer, don't think people really know what is happening (or what will happen).
They might have some third tier contacts but they know feck all in most things. That is why that the good ones are ambiguous like Romando who says things like ‘we will get him if we agree the fee’ or ‘negotiations are still ongoing’, while the bad ones commit and then say nonsense (like after agreeing we tried to pay less) to save face. In 99% of cases they are just guessing like any Caftard too.

It has been clear always. In many big transfers of United the ITKs were sure that we agreed (Sneijder, Thiago, Kross etc) while for many other transfers like Martial or Schneiderlin they had no idea until we made it official. They know nothing, all of them. Why anyone on their mind thinks that clubs (or negotiators in behalf of the clubs) will send confidential info to third tier journos for no reason at all? And then those no name journos will spread that information for free. I mean, how does that even work, do people actually think about these things when they say X is reliable, Y isn’t when it should be X is better than Y at guessing and commits less than Y.

Womp

idiot
If thats what he thinks then he shouldn't have extended at all, and would've been keeping an eye on running out his contract so he'd have even more options. I just can't imagine he'd be thrilled about staying on for another year when guys like Havertz and Werner are moving the other way.
Isn't it widely accepted than Havertz is actively pushing Bayer to let him go to Chelsea? That doesn't seem to be the case with Sancho, so the kid is obviously not that bothered by sticking around a little longer. Will certainly have far more options to choose from next season too.

Woodzy

Not overly concerned right now. We've agreed a deal with the player so it's just a case of negotiating a fee with the club before he has second thoughts.

MartinRed

Good one from Ed this time.No one should ever again twist our hands for any footballer.Feck them.Especially this "big football boss wanabe" Zorc guy and others aholes like him troughout Europe.

kidbob

We need to move quickly regardless of the outcome. The one things that clear is that they have a price that they won't budge from. So we either pay up as soon as possible or we quickly decide to move on so we have time to bring in other targets, preferably a CB, CDM and someone like Grealish. No point extending this circus any longer, make the call now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Isn't it widely accepted than Havertz is actively pushing Bayer to let him go to Chelsea? That doesn't seem to be the case with Sancho, so the kid is obviously not that bothered by sticking around a little longer. Will certainly have far more options to choose from next season too.
yup. why would he push to leave Dortmund? Great team and fans. Another year of CL. Keep the loyalty bonus (and his options open)

pay the money or feck off!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Every time I hear the name Zorc I think of Hank Scorpio. It’s as annoying as it is amusing.

cyberman

Good one from Ed this time.No one should ever again twist our hands for any footballer.Feck them.Especially this "big football boss wanabe" Zorc guy and others aholes like him troughout Europe.
Im leaning this way as well. Its too public from Dortmunds side for my liking.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Damn, guess no cheeky bid from us next year, then:(
To be fair Dortmund obviously promised him to sell for €120m this season, so I guess he will have similar or (depending on the nature of their promises) lesser price tag next year. Probably not for Bayern though.

Sigma

They might have some third tier contacts but they know feck all in most things. That is why that the good ones are ambiguous like Romando who says things like ‘we will get him if we agree the fee’ or ‘negotiations are still ongoing’, while the bad ones commit and then say nonsense (like after agreeing we tried to pay less) to save face. In 99% of cases they are just guessing like any Caftard too.

It has been clear always. In many big transfers of United the ITKs were sure that we agreed (Sneijder, Thiago, Kross etc) while for many other transfers like Martial or Schneiderlin they had no idea until we made it official. They know nothing, all of them. Why anyone on their mind thinks that clubs (or negotiators in behalf of the clubs) will send confidential info to third tier journos for no reason at all? And then those no name journos will spread that information for free. I mean, how does that even work, do people actually think about these things when they say X is reliable, Y isn’t when it should be X is better than Y at guessing and commits less than Y.
I agree. I think they make (educated) guesses most of the time.

This was an interesting video:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Isn't it widely accepted than Havertz is actively pushing Bayer to let him go to Chelsea?
Widely accepted? Based on what, Twitter ITKs? He'd like to go there, but don't expect him to go on strike for it. Chelsea will have to meet Rudi's demands, or at least get close. They won't get him for 60 + add-ons like that Ornstein guy was suggesting.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
So there's an extra year on his contract. Explains why Dortmund are sticking to their guns. Also shows that none of the journalists have a clue, and that Sancho's camp isn't inclined to kick up a fuss else they would have leaked this info. Sancho is happy to wait. No way we're getting him for less than asking price, if at all.

Makes you wonder, though. Woody must have known the contract news will leak and show that we don't have bargaining power. It's a massive PR loss. Even if we get him, it won't be for less than 120m. Does this mean that United genuinely don't have the money?

Schmeichel=God

For United, we still need an attacking player who can play on the right, cover for Matic and probably a full back. Plenty to do.
If we have to F it and go for Adama Traore or Zaha. Both available cheaply enough if media is correct and both want out.

Then use the funds for other areas and albeit against competition...wait and see what happens with Sancho next year as his contract runs down.

No one really knows the current state of any deal along with any present amount of ill will and how that's affecting day to day communication.

I really dislike Dortmund and the noises they put out on the regular. That pic from a few pages back is immensely funny and also representative of why I despise them.

I still dont like Hummels (and therefore Dortmund) for him having no balls to try a different league.

These personal opinions aside I feel it is important for us to not have our pants pulled down. Just as there is momentum in team performances carried forward, there is momentum opportunity in each transfer that affects our perception by other teams going forward. Every transfer is important.

hobbers

It's still status quo, they'll sell if they get what they want.

And to be honest, given his contract has just been revealed to be a year longer than anyone thought, you can see why.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
That’s not the case whatsoever, just because it’s not the news you wanted, doesn’t mean people like Romano are any less credible
Have you even heard what Zorc was saying you ignorant ****? Romano somehow didn’t even know that Sancho has a year extra in his contract. How can he be relieable then?

lsd

The Oracle
We are not buying him nor where we ever buying him.

We will sign Grealish and possibly Bale or Zaha and maybe one other

Woodenlung

£120m is a lot of money. Teams will be feeling the hit to their balance sheets for a long time. I don't think the idea of a 'Covid discount' was ever a runner however. Dortmund are in a position where they can afford his wages and know that with 3 years left on Sancho's contract they can sell for a high fee down the line.

At this moment I don't see the deal being completed. It's just too much.

Womp

idiot
Widely accepted? Based on what, Twitter ITKs? He'd like to go there, but don't expect him to go on strike for it. Chelsea will have to meet Rudi's demands, or at least get close. They won't get him for 60 + add-ons like that Ornstein guy was suggesting.
It would still have to be a very good offer, but the player pushing the club to move is always going to make them more open to negotiating/coming to an outcome. Sancho doesn't seem to be all that bothered in comparison. Then again, who knows what the feck we are supposed to really believe or who we are supposed to listen to anymore. Everyone in this saga seems to have their own opinion of it.

Tiber

Juve set about 12 Pogba deadlines and all but announced that he would retire at the club, but the deal eventually got done. So will this, but not before Woodward and the Glazers make every possible attempt to save 14p

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Have you even heard what Zorc was saying you ignorant ****? Romano somehow didn’t even know that Sancho has a year extra in his contract. How can he be relieable then?
Why would he need to know that, to know personal terms are agreed and the clubs are negotiating a transfer?

sunwukong

What's everyone getting worked up about? As per Romano etc., United always knew they were going to have to pay the full 120 mil, the discussions were/are about how that amount should be structured, over how many years, with/without add-ons, etc. There's no reason not to think that's still the case, it just seems like we're going to have to pay the vast majority upfront, and the rest next year without being contingent on performances, achievements, etc.

Amerifan

Thats why I would pay for him now. No point waiting another season. Opportunity cost for this season. Whatever we save by waiting, we could easily recoup by ensuring top 4 when we get him.
The unknown revenue hit from COVID has to weigh on the financially minded Ed. We’ll probably negotiate to the deadline and buy if we can. But even with player sales we may not have 120m to spend this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.