Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So are the people who are insisting we will get him plus one or two more still insistent?

Suedesi

I'm not a bullshitter. That's uncalled for...

I'm a muppet, through and through.

I will be proven right Monday .

The post you responded to was quite insightful and had value anyway.
Yes, you will.

You will proven a bullshitter on Monday

And every other day of the week

No insight, just bullshit

spiriticon

To be honest we absolutely, at some point, need to walk away from at least one of these big mega transfers to show the world we are not afraid of letting a deal die if they take the piss.

I was hoping it wouldn't be this deal, but if so, there's a silver lining.

Teja

Did we really ever let a deal fall through when a WC player wanted to come to United but terms with the selling club was the sticking point?

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If you go into the shop and want to buy a nice sound system, you will get one for 500-1k that will do its job. 5k that is pretty nice to the ears and a big step forward from 500-1k area. One area higher is 20k, which sounds a bit nicer, but you need to have heard a lot of music of great quality to spot the difference. If your speaker system is Alexa, you might not even notice the difference. If you buy one for 100k it is top notch and you won't find better, but it is not 5 times as good as the 20k one.
Same goes for players like Sancho. If you compare him to midtable or even good players, he is outrageously expensive, but if you want to win the CL if you think of yourself as one of the top 3 in Europe, you need to sign players like him.
I think if you buy an amazing player for 120 Mio, who will stay with your team for 10 years, this is an amazing deal. And as much as I like Utd, I think you should take the deal, because I am afraid that it won't happen for you next year. Let Madrid get rid of Bale and Sancho will move faster to Real than you can say: Sancho wants to play PL.
I am not saying this is without a risk, the reward is amazing if you look at Messi or Ronaldo and the outcome is bad if you compare it to the Dembele and Coutinho deals. Nothing is without a risk, even Bale looks like a bad deal right now. If you really want to stay near the top 3, you need to make transfers like this. If you try to play the game without risk, you won't win unless your trainer is named Klopp.

Dortmund said that the price tag is 120Mio €. This happened on day 1 and nothing changed till now. The deadline might be artificial, but of course you don't want to sell your star player in the last 3 days and then desperately try to sign a substitute. Ask Barcelona how well it went for them. So this should also be understandable.

How on Earth can anyone be mad with Dortmund about how they do business? Do you run into the store, buy an M6 and when BMW does not abide to your fantasy price tag of 20k, you are mad?

Still one point to clarify: Zorcs (or Dortmunds) history of saying A and happening B. Even though soccer is really big, transfers are still sales. And it is not an unusual tactic to say "I am not selling my 2002 TI (to stay near a BMW example) at all" (and you might even really mean it) and if someone gives you 300 Quadrillions for it, you will sell. This is a very exagerated example though, because I have no clue what a 2002 TI costs these days. You guys got Mhkitaryan for 45Mio (?) and with one year left on the contract, for a player of his class this was a lot of money. Dembele pushed, kicked and bit like a madman, so getting 150 Mio for him was preferable of him staying for another year, same goes for Auba who pushed for an exit and we got fair money for him (even though I think that for a player of his class, it was a steal).
Does that look like a moron to you who gets phenomenal fees for his players? Not in my book, I would say "Corona is a myth" in front of running cameras if I could sell Sancho for 200. No matter how it looks to the outside, it was still a great decision for the club.
I think we are very lucky that Zorc is our manager.

sport2793

Facts. Every time I see people suggesting Traore my stomach turns, and I start getting headaches.
To be fair, Traore grew into being a much better player this season. Sowed fear in the opposition in every match that I saw him play. What I like about him is he will always dribble at the opposition and play in a direct way.

Bwuk

I don’t think this is over.

If we offered the 120m euros tomorrow in a way Dortmund wanted it they wouldn’t say no.

RedDevilRoshi

Zorc has come out with these sort of statements in the past (Dembele & Aubameyang). What makes it different now that what he just said is 100% going to happen and Jadon ain’t going anywhere now because of this imaginary deadline day of theirs?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well, if we up our bid, it changes the narrative. No club is daft enough to accept something they deem acceptable on a Monday but not on a Wednesday.
That is a possibility, yeah. Given how reluctant they seem to be to meet the original price tag of 120 Mil. € I find it unlikely that they will go beyond it so Dortmund can spin it from the ecomonical angle to explain of going against their own deadline.

I don´t see that meeting Dortmund original demands will be enough now without Sancho kicking up a fuss. Certainly not like some think at the end of the window or even deadline day. This ain´t happening They will never sell their most productive player without either having a proper replacement being lined up or with enough time ot secure one.

mu4c_20le

How on Earth can anyone be mad with Dortmund about how they do business? Do you run into the store, buy an M6 and when BMW does not abide to your fantasy price tag of 20k, you are mad?
You are not a store, and Sancho is not a brand new product. Prices are not set in stone, how can you people not understand that?

Clermontois

Supports
France
:lol: you’re a comedian. A nonsensical one, but still amusing.

Dembele moved for +£100M and hardly lit the world up on fire. A year later both Felix and then Coutinho moved for +£100M.

Hell, a significant amount of posters on this forum will tell you Pogba’s transfer didn’t work out, I do not share that view, yet transfer fees have only gone up since.

Selling clubs set the valuation. Not buying clubs. Of course buying clubs will try to argue it down, but what’s understood doesn’t have to be explained. If you dropped 5 bags on a player that ends up playing poorly, when you come knock on my door to buy a player that’s among the best performing in the world for their position, I’ll demand 8 bags minimum. This isn’t rocket science.

So he’s an international, which he is, but he’s hardly an international? :lol::lol:

You quoted me, unprovoked by the way, to tell me £70M for Sancho is “quite fair”. All I said is that’s not going to fly with all the precedents that have been set in the market.

Clearly, it’s not flying, but you just keep coming back to quote me with more nonsense.
That anology makes no sense and I would not even get into it further as I am not really bothered whether we sign him or not as long as we do not overpay.

I stand corrected on them being international regulars but that only serves to strengthen the point though about not overpaying as neither transfer has worked out so far.

Unprovoked? So you have to be provoked to respond to a post... :lol: .I believe you are the one with more comedic potential mate.

TsuWave

Traore you know.

Man ain’t even a bonafide starter for Wolves. He’s Daniel James after buying a few Insanity dvds.

Might as well rename the place Manchester United Rugby Club

NJM78

We'll probably go for Josh King, Grealish and some random center back like Pau Torres if we don't get Sancho. Would 100% rather just Sancho, as that would push us up a level vs just staying at a top 4 challenger level with those others.
Grealish transfer would be a saga also I believe, so yes I would rather just Sancho as well. No way he is not costing huge amounts so it depends on how much we want him, which I would say is a lot or we simply just cannot afford him?
All in all though we will need to strengthen as I believe Chelsea are now ahead of us. Do we really want a nervous battle just to scrape top 4 again which is what I believe will happen once injuries hit us.
Besides our starting 11 we are bang average.

Revan

Assumptionman
Let's get the facts straight.
  1. Ed is a headless thicko who didn't even bother knowing the contract details of a player he and his team chased for at least one month. The only thing he can do well is to find sponsorship deals for the club. He is clueless about football-related matters.
  2. Sancho has said nothing in this entire saga with any seriousness. The media kept feeding all of us a lot of bullshit.
  3. Seemingly, Havertz isn't being sold for anything less than 90m, despite the player wanting to leave the club. If rumours can be believed, he has even put up a formal transfer request. Sancho is a better-quality player with a higher ceiling. He is much more marketable in the English Premier League. He hasn't publicly stated anything about wanting to leave Dortmund. He is a year younger than Havertz. Why should he not be worth 120m?
  4. If Sancho has another stellar season in Germany, I don't think we can afford him next season. It will be one of the big two oil clubs, or maybe, Madrid. So the Cafe can keep dreaming like we do best!
  5. I am sure Ed doesn't have a backup plan. Headless thicko. We will run around a few other players for the next month or two and finally end up signing someone mediocre, or just about okay, for a hefty sum. That is so typical.
This post is not only an example of newbie system letting us down, but that the education system has let us down.

No wonder we have anti-vaccers and flat-Earthers.

Bird Nerd

Is it possible for us to sign someone just once without a long drawn out saga?

As I’ve said all along, we’ll get him, but it’ll be deadline day & we’ll pay the full asking price. These negotiation tactics will be all for nothing.
Actually, the way Woody works, we will pay more than the original asking price aka Mac.

Rolaholic

Zorc has come out with these sort of statements in the past (Dembele & Aubameyang). What makes it different now that what he just said is 100% going to happen and Jadon ain’t going anywhere now because of this imaginary deadline days of theirs?
Those statements from him are as believable as Fergie saying there wasn't any value in the market to be quite honest :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not necessarily; Ronaldinho himself opted to join Barcelona due to negotiation issues with Peter Kenyon.
Yeah we had agreed with PSG but then tried to lowball them in the end at which point Barca came in. I think if Kenyon just agreed to pay what was agreed we’d have seen Ronaldinho in a United shirt.

AgentSquirrel

Pay up or get out... They hold all the cards.
He could just ask for a transfer which puts more onus on Dortmund to sell, if not to reduce the price. Has there been any indication from any sources (not Borussia Dortmund based) that he wouldn't do that? I've seen lots of 'he wouldn't rock the boat' posts but nothing really to back it up. He's only been with Dortmund for three years and the suggestion is that he wants to go home. Why wouldn't he publicly say he wants the move if he felt he had to?

Also, people go on about haggling over the price as if managing to knock 1million or so off it wouldn't be a big deal. From United's perspective, it's still a large sum of money. Given how much we've lost in match day revenue (whilst still paying all our staff) any amount is worth saving, even if it takes the deal a few weeks longer to be completed.

I think he'll sign eventually. The club wants him, and he wants to come. Theres plenty of time to do the deal so that United and Dortmund are both happy, so I'm not bothered.

KennyBurner

To be honest we absolutely, at some point, need to walk away from at least one of these big mega transfers to show the world we are not afraid of letting a deal die if they take the piss.

I was hoping it wouldn't be this deal, but if so, there's a silver lining.
I’ve been saying this. Clubs will always take the piss with us unprovoked. I have no issue walking away this year if they don’t reduce their price. We do not have an unlimited source of income. Fans need to be realistic.

if we do in fact walk away we need to find sufficient cover and hurry it up before going back next year.

Bogga

Ok, so 10th was a nono... let's see if the lipreaders we're accurate #OleSaidTuesday

RUCK4444

He didn't get anything wrong. He said personal terms were agreed, he never once mentioned anything about a contract.

Wait a minute, did you actually think a contract is signed before clubs agree a fee?! This is quite hilarious, and would explain why you are so misled!
Wtf?

It’s you that’s clearly confused which is probably why your easily led by a blue tick and talk of ‘tier 1’

I meant Romano didn’t even know Sancho’s contract had been extended at Dortmund, so after this window he still has two full years left on his contract, not only 1, which is a HUGE reason why Dortmund are playing hardball.

Other posters have pointed this out as well.

Have you read the thread or just skim through for Romano tweets? C’mon man.

KennyBurner

He could just ask for a transfer which puts more onus on Dortmund to sell, if not to reduce the price. Has there been any indication from any sources (not Borussia Dortmund based) that he wouldn't do that? I've seen lots of 'he wouldn't rock the boat' posts but nothing really to back it up. He's only been with Dortmund for three years and the suggestion is that he wants to go home. Why wouldn't he publicly say he wants the move if he felt he had to?

Also, people go on about haggling over the price as if managing to knock 1million or so off it wouldn't be a big deal. From United's perspective, it's still a large sum of money. Given how much we've lost in match day revenue (whilst still paying all our staff) any amount is worth saving, even if it takes the deal a few weeks longer to be completed.

I think he'll sign eventually. The club wants him, and he wants to come. Theres plenty of time to do the deal so that United and Dortmund are both happy, so I'm not bothered.
So much common sense in this post. Fans just want us to pay anything possible like money is unlimited. Delusional as always.

TsuWave

Unprovoked? So you have to be provoked to respond to a post... :lol: .
I’m assuming you’re French so I get you might not understand London colloquialisms.

We use “unprovoked” as a light hearted way of saying you kickstarted XYZ when whatever it is you think/are saying wasn’t/isn’t on my radar.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wtf?

It’s you that’s clearly confused which is probably why your easily led by a blue tick and talk of ‘tier 1’

I meant Romano didn’t even know Sancho’s contract had been extended at Dortmund, so after this window he still has two full years left on his contract, not only 1, which is a HUGE reason why Dortmund are playing hardball.

Other posters have pointed this out as well.

Have you read the thread or just skim through for Romano tweets? C’mon man.
Why does he have to know that? Also Sancho hasn't signed any extension since the last one which was announced by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.