Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's embarrassing for them, it's embarrassing to read
I see. Embarrassing is a strange adjective to use, but perhaps if you feel embarrassed reading posts in what will probably be the biggest muppet saga of our summer window, you should take a step back and only view the thread sporadically?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Mods:

Can we lock this thread for a day or two??

It's getting rather toxic in here, lots of whining, crying and a full on meltdown.

People bashing Woodward and saying how cr*p we are, how we're not signing anyone etc etc

It's embarrassing.

Need time to just chill out and let the dust settle.
Click ignore thread. Simples.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
One bit of seemingly "bad news" and all hell breaks loose.

It's embarrassing and some fans need to get out of the FM/Fifa world that they live in and realise that transfers are hard work and especially this one where there is millions upon millions of pounds at stake.

It's not as simple as they think
Exactly. Specially during this pandemic when it wouldn’t look good that we’re seen spending millions the moment the transfer window opens. It wouldn’t bode well with many folks while also affecting our other transfer plans. Timing will be key. Patience is required.

fergies coat

Surprised so many of you took the bait... This was a somewhat tongue in cheek post/comment upon the pre-season wank-fest of the British media who had us in for Kane, Sancho, Ronaldo, Bale and just about every attacking player in Europe who is even moderately good, and a lot of decent defenders too. By mid-season the press seemed to have forgotten Kane and Bale but a couple of weeks ago Ronaldo was brought up from the back boiler when the talks of a move to PSG came about and just this week Bale's problems at Madrid had him "eyeing a move to Manchester". Now you know, I know and just about every one else knows that Kane, Ronaldo and Bale were never serious targets due to cost and age. I'm sure that Sancho won't be here either, based on past experience. Someone called me lad, earlier, and yes I was but a young lad when I first started supporting United, which was May 25th 1963 (ask your fathers. kiddies) so I've seen many a transfer speculation feast and it's true would love to have seen some of these great players at OT. But it was not to be...

By the way we won't get Mbappe either....
I'm not worried about getting Mbappe. We have the English version.

Rolaholic

Well a silver lining of this performance is that it should be clear to the club we kind or need him if we want to do anything of note next season...

cyberman

Well a silver lining of this performance is that it should be clear to the club we kind or need him if we want to do anything of note next season...
We should have scored 7. I dont think this is the best example to to sign a winger

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
In past year or two Dortmund have become one of my most despised clubs, hope Bayern as many players from them for free.
As a Bayern fan it's normally not my job or goal to defend Borussia Dortmund, and I can understand your frustration, but what they are doing is perfectly within their right and makes total sense, in fact it is even brillant:

They have bought him for close to nothing, have him under contract until 2023, with a wage set in 2019 - whatever happens, they cannot lose in this scenario. They gave other clubs the opportunity to make an offer that matches their demands until before training camp is starting. Didn't happen, end of story.

Just imagine in such a scenario someone came after your most valuable asset and wouldnt want to pay the price you want. You wouldn't sell either, right? And next year, after Corona, his price tag won't be lower for sure, especially since he will be still another two years under contract. Brillant job by BVB.

I just don't understand why somebody at United apparently thought they could get him on the cheap? That's the only part of this story that doesn't make sense.

My recommendation: If you really want him, then buy him this year and pay whatever Dortmund wants. The bluff didn't work, and therefore he'll be tomorrow probably a bit more expensive than he was yesterday. But next year he'll be a year older and even more expensive, because Corona will be over, and most likely Real, Barca, and City will enter the race too.

Woodenlung

Not sure what Dortmund have done wrong here exactly. They've set a price for their player, one which we apparently haven't met. They've no reason to bargain or negotiate with us. If you're looking to get angry at someone direct maybe channel it towards our own people who can't seem to get the job done.

DannyDee

As a Bayern fan it's normally not my job or goal to defend Borussia Dortmund, and I can understand your frustration, but what they are doing is perfectly within their right and makes total sense, in fact it is even brillant:

They have bought him for close to nothing, have him under contract until 2023, with a wage set in 2019 - whatever happens, they cannot lose in this scenario. They gave other clubs the opportunity to make an offer that matches their demands until before training camp is starting. Didn't happen, end of story.

Just imagine in such a scenario someone came after your most valuable asset and wouldnt want to pay the price you want. You wouldn't sell either, right? And next year, after Corona, his price tag won't be lower for sure, especially since he will be still another two years under contract. Brillant job by BVB.

I just don't understand why somebody at United apparently thought they could get him on the cheap? That's the only part of this story that doesn't make sense.

My recommendation: If you really want him, then buy him this year and pay whatever Dortmund wants. The bluff didn't work, and therefore he'll be tomorrow probably a bit more expensive than he was yesterday. But next year he'll be a year older and even more expensive, because Corona will be over, and most likely Real, Barca, and City will enter the race too.
A lot of teams finances next year will be impacted by Coronavirus. A lot of teams won't have game-day revenue considering how many teams will at the very least play a significant portion of next season behind closed doors.

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
Actually thinking the most likely thing to happen is Sancho Signing a new deal and dedicating himself to years more at Dortmund when he’s already agreed terms with us is so laughably negative and weird.
Honestly that's what I see our transfers as...for a long long time.
We haggle over a few million, los

cyberman

Not sure what Dortmund have done wrong here exactly. They've set a price for their player, one which we apparently haven't met. They've no reason to bargain or negotiate with us. If you're looking to get angry at someone direct maybe channel it towards our own people who can't seem to get the job done.
So... How can United get the job done if they cant get the oppertunity to negotiate?
My problem is with how public Dortmund are about this. Just shut the feck up already, we dont need a daily reminder about how big their balls are or being told about some bullshit deadline.

cyberman

Corona isnt going away ffs!

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
A lot of teams finances next year will be impacted by Coronavirus. A lot of teams won't have game-day revenue considering how many teams will at the very least play a significant portion of next season behind closed doors.
The problem for potential buyers is that Dortmund can keep waiting for another year, after next year. And even if they let him go for free in 2023, even then it was the deal of the century for them.

Woodenlung

So... How can United get the job done if they cant get the oppertunity to negotiate?
My problem is with how public Dortmund are about this. Just shut the feck up already, we dont need a daily reminder about how big their balls are or being told about some bullshit deadline.
Dortmund don't want to negotiate. They've set their price and it's up to United to meet it. Seems pretty straightforward.

cyberman

Dortmund don't want to negotiate. They've set their price and it's up to United to meet it. Seems pretty straightforward.
Apart from them running to the tabloids every day basically daring us to bid?
Cant wait for the next deadline. Obviously all communication will now be ceased since the deadline has passed. Bound to be.

acrebo

Nah, all the signs are that they really do need to sell and are obviously keen to get as much as possible. They’re far too vocal for a club desperate to keep a player who seems quite content to stay... if there’s been no contact by us then why all the press releases?

It’s obviously a dangerous game but a pretty common buying tactic is to wait the seller out. Generally, whoever says a number first (Dortmund) has already ‘lost’ the negotiation. It gives the buyer the starting point to work down from.

peridigm

J

Jury is still out on COVID. Let’s see what happens after fans are allowed back in the stands and how well the world deals with it over the next 6 months. Club finances won’t be bouncing back that fast.

I agree with one thing, it would be in United’s best interest to sign him this window as we basically have a free run at him, barring the bit about €120m.

Houdini

Dortmund have balls of steel I must admit. They fecked Woody like a schoolboy. They can wait another 2!!! years then even with just 1 year on his contract he won't go for a cheap because there will be a biding war (Barca, Real, City or PSG as a winner). If City end up with Sancho, Manchester can be easily blue for another decade. We should avoid that for all cost.

Womp

idiot
They must really be serious about this being dead in the water, otherwise the presser, all these posts etc. are really going to make them look like mugs, so unnecessary

It is funny though, they're severely taking the piss now

Dante

Average bang
Dortmund have balls of steel I must admit. They fecked Woody like a schoolboy. They can wait another 2!!! years then even with just 1 year on his contract he won't go for a cheap because there will be a biding war (Barca, Real, City or PSG as a winner). If City end up with Sancho, Manchester can be easily blue for another decade. We should avoid that for all cost.
WTF?

kitress

What the hell are you talking about Corona will be over. The earliest vaccines will be early 2021, with the effectiveness of around 50-60%, which means the next season will carry on just like now -- without fans. You should be worried more clubs will have to furlough staffs to survive than anyone having the financial means to splurge 120mil on a single player.

Stretender

After seeing Rashford's performance tonight, pay Dortmund 130 million pounds for Sancho. Rashford is such an infuriating footballer. Get Sancho at any cost

Status
Not open for further replies.