Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

A few are sadly.

My favourite part of the meltdown is people thinking that United knew nothing about the contract extension he signed last year. As if we just found out today and Woodward was sitting at home watching TV spitting his coffee out when he heard Zoruc make the announcement.
Jadon and his agent would never have mentioned it like :rolleyes:

Aw man, the internet. You really do hear some mad stuff from people

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The fact that Dortmund has taken so much time to announce he is staying just makes me feel more secure about him joining us. Its in our hands 100%, if we pay he will come here, Dortmund are just fooling around they clearle want to sell.
If categorically ruling out a transfer is "clearly" showing intend to sell is there actually something you wouldn't take as an indication of such a desire?

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah, evil Dortmund not letting the elite clubs feck them in the arse. They should just shut the feck up and offer discounts to Real Madrid and Manchester United because what the hell are they thinking, trying to hold on to their best players or get good money for them. The bastards.
They let Bayern feck them in the arse as you put it all the time.

Siorac

They're a selling club that market themselves as a stepping stone for talented youth. It's not like they're going to do anything with the cash anyway.
A selling club should bloody well hold out for every single penny. That's literally the point of a selling club.

How can people blame them for that is beyond me. It's not like they're pricing out single mothers from buying food or something; they're forcing some of the world's richest sport clubs to pay up or shut up.

Woeisme

I really used to like Dortmund, they play exciting football most of the time and are the only club really able to at least threaten Bayern's dominance.

However, over the last few years I really came to despise their MO: they lure young talents with the promise of playing time and if they attract the attention of top clubs, they are allowed to go.

At least thats the promise, when in fact, as the time comes for players to leave and top clubs come knocking, they just price them out of a move.

They do that every single time and out of pure greed. They bought Sancho for 8m, why is, I don't know, 80m for example, not enough profit? Why does it have to be 112m? So Watzke can pat himself on the back again for being such a tough guy and then cry again when Bayern come for their players? Dembele had to go on strike to leave that shithole.

If you sell yourselves as a stepstone club, then don't do everything possible to trip the youngsters on their path. If the stories about intermediaries used in negotiations are true, that just shows how they really just aim to make it even harder to leave them.

Thats just a shitty attitude and I really don't care that much about the Clubs that deal with them, if they pay up their ridiculus fees, so be it. It's just unfair to their young players.

I also would like to know where the Dembele money went, as Dortmund are not really known to substantially invest.
Yeah, they have some cheek refusing to give him to us on the cheap..who do they think they are?

Siorac

They let Bayern feck them in the arse as you put it all the time.
They held on to Lewandowski and lost him on a free instead of letting him go to Bayern a year early. Götze had a release clause. Who else did they sell to Bayern in the last decade? I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Nick Lowe

Not in any doubt that Sancho will join United this Summer. We want him, this one will happen. Not as soon as we'd like, but dear fellow muppets, it will happen.

SAFMUTD

If categorically ruling out a transfer is "clearly" showing intend to sell is there actually something you wouldn't take as an indication of such a desire?
If they havent already used that tactic with Mhikitaryan, Dembele, Aubameyang and Pulisic I would had thought it was serious but we all know its just Zorc playing hard to catch. They saying "they had a secret contract renewal" ffs, thats as childish as it can get. Thank god covid is here otherwise they would have said they got plenty of offers as well.

Speak with any Dortmund fan, they are convinced Sancho's gone.

TheReligion

Abusive
They held on to Lewandowski and lost him on a free instead of letting him go to Bayern a year early. Götze had a release clause. Who else did they sell to Bayern in the last decade? I'm sure I'm missing someone.
You're missing loads tbh. They are known for being Bayern's bitch.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hummels, who originally came from Munich´s academy. Had one year left on contract and went for 35 Mil. €, which was the highest fee generated for a defender with such a contract situation up to that point.

Toettchen

Supports
Preussen Muenster
I haven't followed any press release from them. But I know that because they are a stock market listed club, the only one in Germany, according to law they have to release all important information they are aware of and which could potentially influence the stock price.

A potential income of over 100M is definitely such an information, even if it is only 'potential'. In this case I guess that it means that they have put him on the market, found interested parties, and were listening to offers. Hence the announcement.

In reality, this pressure for public announcements has in the past usually worked against them, because they had to make public much more information than they wanted.
Don‘t mix up ordinary press releases or pressers like Zorc‘s today with official ad hoc-announcements which they would need to file with the German SEC (BaFin). There has not been any ad hoc-announcement on Sancho today. Generally there have been only a few such announcements over the past few years, some of which in my opinion not even legally necessary like the one on Hummels which was probably only issued to put pressure on Hummels and Bayern.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You're missing loads tbh. They are known for being Bayern's bitch.
No,. he doesn´t, they literally actively sold one player to Bayern Munich in the last 15 years- The last before that was Torsten Frings in 2004

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hummels, who originally came from Munich´s academy. Had one year left on contract and went for 35 Mil. €, which was the highest fee generated for a defender with such a contract situation up to that point.
It is really strange that United supporters are regularly complaining that Dortmund always rolls over for bigger clubs. And now they are complaining that Dortmund doesn’t.
And some seem to forget that Aubameyang, Pulisic, Gündogan are not playing for Bayern. :lol:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If they havent already used that tactic with Mhikitaryan, Dembele, Aubameyang and Pulisic I would had thought it was serious but we all know its just Zorc playing hard to catch. They saying "they had a secret contract renewal" ffs, thats as childish as it can get. Thank god covid is here otherwise they would have said they got plenty of offers as well.

Speak with any Dortmund fan, they are convinced Sancho's gone.
Not really.

E-mal

This is no longer a luxury if it ever was. We need quality in attack especailly when we have Bruno who decides when to come to the party.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I really used to like Dortmund, they play exciting football most of the time and are the only club really able to at least threaten Bayern's dominance.

However, over the last few years I really came to despise their MO: they lure young talents with the promise of playing time and if they attract the attention of top clubs, they are allowed to go.

At least thats the promise, when in fact, as the time comes for players to leave and top clubs come knocking, they just price them out of a move.

They do that every single time and out of pure greed. They bought Sancho for 8m, why is, I don't know, 80m for example, not enough profit? Why does it have to be 112m? So Watzke can pat himself on the back again for being such a tough guy and then cry again when Bayern come for their players? Dembele had to go on strike to leave that shithole.

If you sell yourselves as a stepstone club, then don't do everything possible to trip the youngsters on their path. If the stories about intermediaries used in negotiations are true, that just shows how they really just aim to make it even harder to leave them.

Thats just a shitty attitude and I really don't care that much about the Clubs that deal with them, if they pay up their ridiculus fees, so be it. It's just unfair to their young players.

I also would like to know where the Dembele money went, as Dortmund are not really known to substantially invest.
I don't get how people get to despise BVB for trying to actually KEEP their players?! (especially since usually many use their 'selling' against them)

Wouldn't United tell other clubs to feck off or play hardball too if someone poach their best players?

This really baffles me. Just madness because you don't get what YOU want.

Reactions: Fortitude

Squeaky Bumtime

I don't get how people get to despise BVB for trying to actually KEEP their players?!

Wouldn't United tell other clubs to feck off or play hardball too if someone poach their best players?

This really baffles me. Just madness because you don't what YOU want.
Muppets gonna muppet.

kirk buttercup

Hummels , Goetze , Helmer , Lewandowski, Frings . But I get your point it doesn't happen all the time & they are all over a substantial amount of time and there were different situations in each case , for example Hummels He played for both Clubs twice

mu4c_20le

I don't get how people get to despise BVB for trying to actually KEEP their players?! (especially since usually many use their 'selling' against them)

The second sentence is silly.. they are not an elite club.

Fooza

I don't get how people get to despise BVB for trying to actually KEEP their players?!

Well no they don't. They will always sell for the right money. Sure they may not sell to us this summer if we don't pay up, but Sancho will leave next year or the year after.

Status
Not open for further replies.