Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltigreFalcao

God I hope that is just for one instalment rather than the whole thing, otherwise I wouldn't blame them telling us to get fecked
Thought so, but foor the look of it, seems more like horse manure. Media is also always playing the media game, truth is seldom part of it.

Part of me believes 120 is not yet "too much" so that we can't cough it up, its a great invesment for a rich club in almost all regards. Real fear should be him not performing and needing to be shipped in 3 years time, thats a bigger failure. He'll come.

TsuWave

Maybe Woodward and team have done some oppo research --- and had some financial analysis on Dortmund and know their current/actual financial state of affairs. They may know its a bluff in view of the financial situation.
BBC Sport's Simon Stone

It will be interesting to see what happens now.

I mentioned to someone at Dortmund just now that there is a feeling around United that the Bundesliga side have to sell Sancho for financial reasons.

The answer was fairly quick in coming back - "they will see".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53721186

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You do know they are 12th on the list of most valuable clubs right? They aren’t a relegation threatened side. Their finances are still good. Again if they want to demand 120m they can or if they want to sell for 20m they can as well. You can call their bluff all you want. We may have had the upper hand if his contract was up in 2 years but from the looks of it it’s actually 2023. That switches the power back to Dortmund.
Value is historical information including brand equity etc. In difficult times, cashflow management is critical.

They may be 12th most valuable but if you look at the Scousers or Arsenal, both are more 'valuable' clubs than Dortmund -- and yet they are both scrimping for pennies for this summer's transfers.

There are reasons why nobody else are bidding for Sancho. Financial constraints of other clubs will be a common thread amongst the big clubs. Its times like this, that we ought to be chuffed to be sponsored by Mr Noodles and the likes.

Last edited:

BlackShark_80

Value is historical information including brand equity etc. In difficult times, cashflow management is critical.

They may be 12th most valuable but if you look at the Scousers or Arsenal, both more 'valuable' clubs and yet they are scrimping for pennies for this summer's transfers.
It's more about their owners are being stingy.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

They may be 12th most valuable but if you look at the Scousers or Arsenal, both are more 'valuable' clubs than Dortmund -- and yet they are both scrimping for pennies for this summer's transfers.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/borussia-dortmund/alletransfers/verein/16

They do a pretty darn job every summer with transfers. Teams like Arsenal and Liverpool haven’t sold the way Dortmund have. Their incoming cash flow (from Dembele, Auba, Pulisic etc.) over the past few years is higher than their outgoings. They have one of the biggest stadiums in Europe so gate receipts wasn’t an issue till Covid. Their wage structure is small compared to other teams of their size. Again their finances aren’t as bad as you think. Sure it’s affected due to the pandemic but it’s not the end of the world for them if they don’t get 120m.

binary bot
Dont know if its watching so many signings disappoint the last few years or how much im enjoying the current attack, but i find myself not giving a single feck if this doesnt come off

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
United: How much for Sancho?
BVB: 120. We don't want to sell, but we promised Jadon that we will if someone pays that.
United: Hmmm. We pay 50.
BVB: 120. You have time until 10.08. to pay or the deal is off.
United: 70. It's Corona-time. 120 is way too expensive, no one would ever pay that. We also don't care about your time limit or your feeder squad.
BVB: No.
United: Ok, we pay 100. 50 this year, 50 next year. You are a fecking selling club so stop trolling around.
United: We pay 80. Another 40 if we win the UCL 3 times in a row and Sancho wins 3 Balon'Dor during that time.

BVB: Time's up.
United: Ok ok, we pay 120, cash.
BVB: No. Time's up.

United: .... 130?
fecking hell :lol:

DeeDee7

If this is all about pay installments then i get it. But if we just have a different valuation with the covid excuse then I don't. The kid is worth 120m if not more. Coutinho set barca back 142 mill !!!!!!
This kid will be so marketable, and he will make those around him better. Get in done geeeeeees

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Somebody asked here, why Bayern fans are watching and posting in this thread. I cannot answer for all of them, but for me the reason is pretty simple: This Dortmund team is just one Klopp away from being the best club in Germany, and potentially in Europe. The player material they have gathered, especially how young they are, if kept together, being added with two or three players, and under a great coach, they could be world beaters.

But Dortmund has traditionally made underwhelming choices when it came to managers, with the obvious exception of Jürgen Klopp. (Dortmund fans: Please correct me if I’m wrong!). This team today, under Klopp, could kick the shit out of Bayern, just like they did in the early 2010s. Hence, what’s happening with Sancho, who is next to Haaland the most promising player of this group, is absolutely of interest for Bayern fans.
This is very wrong on many levels. You are by far overestimating the quality of Dortmunds squad. Who from BVB team would be a regular starter in Bayern? Sancho, yeah, he is better than Gnabry. And this is it.
Bayerns quality of the squad is so immense and they will teach you by winning the CL this year.
Additionally Bayerns players are grown men. They are more consistent, have more self confidence and don't become as nervous in big games as the talent squad of the yellow-blacks.

There are 2 kinds of teams in Europe: Those who can keep their players and grow their team constantly and the teams that need to let go of their star players constantly and dig their way out of a hole again and again. While BVB is doing a fantastic job with the digging, they are far away from a team like Bayern. And the wages reflect that. While Bayern is paying 360, BVB is playing about 200.

prateik

What are the other decent options for the right wing.
Time to move on to new targets..

bdspeedy

Our luck with transfers from this club has been all bad lately. I'd take a shot at Coman for 1/3 the price. Maybe establish a new French Connection between he, Tony and Pogba.

Blackwidow

Our luck with transfers from this club has been all bad lately. I'd take a shot at Coman for 1/3 the price. Maybe establish a new French Connection between he, Tony and Pogba.
Problem is that Coman is not for sale. Bayern even wants to add a fourth winger - they will surely not get rid of any of their three...

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I really used to like Dortmund, they play exciting football most of the time and are the only club really able to at least threaten Bayern's dominance.

However, over the last few years I really came to despise their MO: they lure young talents with the promise of playing time and if they attract the attention of top clubs, they are allowed to go.

At least thats the promise, when in fact, as the time comes for players to leave and top clubs come knocking, they just price them out of a move.

They do that every single time and out of pure greed. They bought Sancho for 8m, why is, I don't know, 80m for example, not enough profit? Why does it have to be 112m? So Watzke can pat himself on the back again for being such a tough guy and then cry again when Bayern come for their players? Dembele had to go on strike to leave that shithole.

If you sell yourselves as a stepstone club, then don't do everything possible to trip the youngsters on their path. If the stories about intermediaries used in negotiations are true, that just shows how they really just aim to make it even harder to leave them.

Thats just a shitty attitude and I really don't care that much about the Clubs that deal with them, if they pay up their ridiculus fees, so be it. It's just unfair to their young players.

I also would like to know where the Dembele money went, as Dortmund are not really known to substantially invest.
This is badly researched (Dortmund do not sell players often to Bayern, they have just been bullied by Bayern when they started to become a bigger team), badly interpreted (this is not pure greed, BVB has actually bought some quality players lately (Brandt, Can, Hazard, this is also where Dembele money went) and they need to be payed as well and we do not get as much TV money in Germany as you get in the UK) and also young players are lining up to play in Dortmund, because they are the best choice for development and playtime in Europe at this moment.

I hope I could help you out, but you should research better so you base your frustration and resentment for not getting a player on valid reasons.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If we can’t afford him, so be it. It’s COVID market, every clubs are in short of cash, can’t really blame anyone here.

Meanwhile let’s look for cheaper option, maybe buy Chiesa for 45m? Or maybe buy Willian free as backup to Greenwood?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Might be cheaper to buy whoever at Dortmund is opposing the sale for the price we re willing to pay. Certainly a few million in their pocket will work. German companies like bribes. Easy.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We will either pay the asking price or not get him at all, Dortmund would look like proper mugs if they sold him for anything less than what they’ve asked for initially. I reckon there’s a good chance we will just pull out of the deal completely now though and focus on other targets or just leave the squad as it is.

Banana Republic

It appears this transfer is not going to happen.
Dortmund issued a statement this morning, according to the BBC.
No bluff calling or brinkmanship. It's off.

MartinRed

I agree, but there must always be exceptions to the rule. Meeting Shakhtar and Leicester’s valuation after months of haggling was stupid, and something we should not have done (Maguire’s good, but not £80M good). However, just like smartly meeting Palace’s £60M price tag for AWB, this is different. Sancho, as you say, is exceptional, and will sort our front 5 for the foreseeable.

Dortmund may be disrespecting us with their immovable price tag and constant degrading pressers, but I’d personally allow it this time. Sancho is already one of the best wingers in the world at 21.
It's not like we are giving the money to allow it but personally I'm sick and tired to let it pass anymore because I suffer with the club and can't stand someone to making foul out of us anymore.

theklr

Almost precisly the same way Maguire and Bruno was "off" . Dortmund will need to find and replacement, and to not be fleeced people need to think they are not getting £120 m. around the corner.

Their number 1 target Memphis Depay is still playing CL (not a coincidence then "deadline" was shortly after Lyon played Juve), we are playing EL, so there is lots of reasons why the clubs need to find some reason they can give the media while they wait.

If the transfer was 100% off Simon Stone would have said it was 100 % off.

This is still going to happen for sure.

Edit: Just look at what happened the last two high profile transfers where Zorc said "nein".

Godfather

Sancho will have to force his move as Dembele and Auba did. Quite like that idea as well. Shows us whether he really wants the move and really wants to play for us.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
To make this transfer easier, Sancho should make his intent clear. I hope that at some point Sancho gets tired of all these shits and tired of playing along for Dortmund.
Then one day he drives a Reliant Robin in front of Zorc's BMW, pops a wheelie while blasting 'God Save The Queen' very loudly. It's legal to do that, he won't break the club's rule.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
What a ride ey? In the end its like a lot german posters said here. And all the ITK twitter "news" were BS, and reliable journalists like Röckenhaus spoke the truth.
The biggest suprise for me is the secret extension of Sanchos contract, fantastic. Dortmund now got a good team for the season, looking forward too!

Godfather

What a ride ey? In the end its like a lot german posters said here. And all the ITK twitter "news" were BS, and reliable journalists like Röckenhaus spoke the truth.
The biggest suprise for me is the secret extension of Sanchos contract, fantastic. Dortmund now got a good team for the season, looking forward too!
You sure have all the tools to get second again next year.

MartinRed

You're the one claiming the club should never be taken for mugs again or whatever 'pity games' means.

I'm saying it's business and the deal is still on regardless of whatever nonsense is spouted to the press.

United havent walked away from the deal so I'm not sure what you're praising Woodward for exactly.
I'm not saying that that the deal is off and I'm not saying that things like these are not part of the business.

I'm just saying that I suffer with my club and I'm pissed when someone trying to make foul out of the club of my heart.

And It's not that I am praising Ed that much but I as a supporter am on his side on that one like with Dybala last summer when someone trying to twist our hands thinking we are some circus monkey and do whatever they are asking.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Just looked on the BBC and all they were reporting was what Zorc said yesterday. They only additional thing was them asking if the belief at united that dortmund have to sell for financial reasons was answered , `they will see, time will tell on that one. `
Still not a finite definitive.

Yeah, but with a Sancho. :D
If we do somehow snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and sign Sancho, I don't want any of you Dortmund posters piping up about how it's a 'win' to get the money and Zorc played us. Today has made it clear which you prefer between the money and the player ;)

Castia

If they get the offer for 120m they’ll sell but I generally believe we don’t have that cash this summer. With everything that’s going on and the uncertainty it’s a risky move to spend that amount of money.

The only way I see this happening is like an M’bappe style deal where we pay £60m now for a years loan with an obligation to buy for a future 60m next summer but I’m not sure Dortmund will be interested in that.

Amarsdd

The actual transfer deadline is October 5th. You should save your gloating for then if you have a reason to.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
If we do somehow snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and sign Sancho, I don't want any of you Dortmund posters piping up about how it's a 'win' to get the money and Zorc played us. Today has made it clear which you prefer between the money and the player ;)
I have wrote it before and repeat myself: Both ways would have been great: 120 Million to sign new players (in a defined deadline) or al least another season with Sancho. Now we got Sancho and don't have to sign someone in a hurry, and he knows the team, we know him and what he is cabable of. You can see it also like this: a lot of arrogant bitterness against BVB or posters here were always full of suggestions that BVB is only a selling club and prevent itself from being better (ignoring all the facts and history but ok..). Now those posters with this attitude can pat themself on the back, Dortmund is on the way to be able to follow those advises.

Status
Not open for further replies.