Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

Does anyone feel like we should move our attention to other positions that also needs strengthening?
I mean, what would you prefer...
  1. The club spends all focus trying to get Sancho for a cheaper price than what Dortmund are asking for. As the days goes you see the likes of Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal strengthening with good players that we could have been able to sign. But because the club doesn't know how much we're gonna end up paying for Sancho, they can't risk the money on other players. However, in the end, we do sign Sancho, but no one else.
  2. We start focusing on other players in other positions. We sign two (whomever you'd like, for whatever position), but now we've risked the chance of signing Sancho and our last offer gets turned down and we don't get him. We might sign a third player instead of Sancho for the right wing, but in the end, that player is not as good as Sancho.
Honestly, option 1.

I said months ago I would be happy enough if he was our only signing. Obviously in a perfect world we’d address every area but we can’t for a number of reasons. Our attacking depth, specifically the right wing is by far our most important priority to fix and it just so happens there’s a 20 year old English superstar who fits the bill to a T.

I think if needs be we have enough midfield options to go another season and wait for the right target to become available.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do you have any note from that? Why would they renew a player leaving the same contract duration, but secretly adding an extra year? makes no sense.
It was public news last summer his salary went up after he didnt want to move to us due to us missing the UCL. I did not mention anything about any secrets you did

Amarsdd

:lol: seeing the meltdown here, one could think the real transfer deadline just passed.

SAFMUTD

It was public news last summer his salary went up after he didnt want to move to us due to us missing the UCL. I did not mention anything about any secrets you did
Thats because what Zorc is saying. He didnt said we have Sancho tied until 2023. That would be normal, he said "we secretly renew him for an extra year" as if commong knowledge is that his contract runs until 2022 but they "secretly" renewed him until 2023. Thats what doesnt add up to me.

Ace Krampus

Does anyone feel like we should move our attention to other positions that also needs strengthening?
I mean, what would you prefer...
  1. The club spends all focus trying to get Sancho for a cheaper price than what Dortmund are asking for. As the days goes you see the likes of Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal strengthening with good players that we could have been able to sign. But because the club doesn't know how much we're gonna end up paying for Sancho, they can't risk the money on other players. However, in the end, we do sign Sancho, but no one else.
  2. We start focusing on other players in other positions. We sign two (whomever you'd like, for whatever position), but now we've risked the chance of signing Sancho and our last offer gets turned down and we don't get him. We might sign a third player instead of Sancho for the right wing, but in the end, that player is not as good as Sancho.
I'd like to believe it's not a zero sum game, surely we've got other machinations/irons in the fire.

Cassidy

Thats because what Zorc is saying. He didnt said we have Sancho tied until 2023. That would be normal, he said "we secretly renew him for an extra year" as if commong knowledge is that his contract runs until 2022 but they "secretly" renewed him until 2023. Thats what doesnt add up to me.
I havent seen that quote but nothing add ups when Zorc is concerned. Unless you forget he said the same thing Dec2017 about Auba.

Fact is Zorc said Sancho would renew if not sold before the 10th. Seems to me his comments were a bit of a backtrack from that and to save face

It was common knowledge he signed an improved deal last summer. Its clear he has not signed a new one since like Zorc said he would

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Don't see a reference to secrecy there.

I havent seen that quote but nothing add ups when Zorc is concerned. Unless you forget he said the same thing Dec2017 about Auba.

Fact is Zorc said Sancho would renew if not sold before the 10th. Seems to me his comments were a bit of a backtrack from that and to save face

It was common knowledge he signed an improved deal last summer. Its clear he has not signed a new one since like Zorc said he would
Do you have a quote of Zorc promising that Sancho would sign a contract this summer? Because I'm pretty sure he never said anything like that.

SAFMUTD

Thats exactly what Im saying, Zorc word means shit. People here are having his word as if it was final when its been proven time and time again that is not.

Cassidy

Thats exactly what Im saying, Zorc word means shit. People here are having his word as if it was final when its been proven time and time again that is not.
I'm sure you were criticising Romano, based off Zorcs words, if not then I got it wrong

Cassidy

Do you have a quote of Zorc promising that Sancho would sign a contract this summer? Because I'm pretty sure he never said anything like that.
I may have this wrong, this I believe what was reported, but to be honest looks like so much shit has been reported including this secret new contract which clearly was not said

SAFMUTD

I'm sure you were criticising Romano, based off Zorcs words, if not then I got it wrong
You got it wrong, all Im saying is I dont buy anything from Zorc about their decition being final. If we pay they will definately sell.

zizou81

Erm..that doesnt mean this time he isnt telling the truth.

Your are clutching at straws. Dortmund is not selling. They dont need to period. They dont need the money. They want to win the bundesliga next season and challenge in CL. That is worth more than selling Jadon Sancho this year. They can get money for him next year if they choose to sell him then. But we are talking about this year and this year there is no reason to sell below there asking price. Negotiations are slow because there is nothing to negotiate. The Germans have made it clear and typically English negotiating style, they beat around the bush.

Crustanoid

Honestly, looks like a piss take post, but given the state of a large proportion of our entitled, spoiled and quite frankly pathetic fanbase - I’m not sure.

If you believe this post, for your own safety and sanity I’d give this forum a Miss for the next 2 months. Someone who posts this needs help.
Well if Whiteside and Kevin Moran incarnate don’t turn up pronto I’m sticking by this post. Just watch, come September. It will all be Ed’s fault

Cassidy

Its pretty clear to me thats he's saying that Zorc is lying since he quoted him in the same tweet. Why would he mean "hasnt signed a new contract last year" when quoting Zorc's "secretly renewed contract"
Actually this is what you said, and you're wrong. You were indeed misinterpreting Romano based of what you think Zorc said when there is no direct quote of him saying it. Even Romanos tweet is saying Zorc didn't say it

A lot of shit has been reported and a lot of it has been wrong. Unless there is a direct quote you should assume Zorc said no such thing

SAFMUTD

Actually this is what you said, and you're wrong. You were indeed misinterpreting Romano based of what you think Zorc said when there is no direct quote of him saying it. Even Romanos tweet is saying Zorc didn't say it
Im saying Romano said Sancho didnt renewed his contract while quoting that Zorc says he did. Im saying I believe Romano, and not Zorc.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Greenwood would get dropped at first. Although I wouldn't really consider it a drop because there would be plenty of matches to start.
Well exactly. Dropping Greenwood from First XI is a huge buzzkill for me. Would honestly rather get in some decent full backs if width is what we are lacking.

glazed

Dippers are sinign Thiago too. That's where the real problem is. Gurantees them the title unless City go insane with their money imo
Woodward hates signing a 28 year old for a big fee. No resale value. He puts money before success.

WPMUFC

You know we are in weird times when the club briefing journos are more positive and Muppet minded than a fan forum.

Our club is literally briefing that they think a deal is still possible and some on here are about to walk into the ocean because they can't handle a habitual liar from Dortmund lying in a press conference.

laughtersassassin

Woodward hates signing a 28 year old for a big fee. No resale value. He puts money before success.
I'm not saying we should sign him in just saying they are making big moves to ensure they retain that title.

Midfield is there only "weak" area and signing Thiago for 30 mil will be the deal of the window.

He will be top 2-3 midfielder in the league.

City have must less a chance at perfecting their dysfunctional defence but hopefully they do.

Anyway what's important is we attempt and succeed at closing the gap and as it stands the gap is only likely to widen.

We need to wake up and get moves secured. Hopefully more is happening behind the scenes and it will all fall into play after Europa but I doubt it.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Some terrific tantrums in this thread.

Did big mean Ed not get you that 100 million toy you had on your Xmas list? The horrible cnut. Hope he gets the shits real bad. That'll learn him.

I'd recommend a large chill out and a nice cool drink.

glazed

Our attacking depth, specifically the right wing is by far our most important priority to fix...
I think if needs be we have enough midfield options to go another season and wait for the right target to become available.
What happens when Bruno runs out of gas in November and Matic' immobility becomes terminal? Don't get me wrong - I'd love to sign Sancho. But I'm not sure our attack is our biggest problem.

TheReligion

Abusive

Don't see a reference to secrecy there.

Why are you so invested in Sancho remaining at Dortmund/not going to United. I find it really odd?

Rolaholic

If Dortmund hold on to Sancho man do they have a pretty good team: Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham, Brandt, Can, Meunier, Alex Witsel...yikes.
They had the same squad plus a better RB than Meunir in Hakimi last year and Bayern still ran away with the league late :lol:

Enormous potential aside,Bellingham still has much to prove in a top league coming from the Championship with that pricetag

Womp

idiot
Some terrific tantrums in this thread.

Did big mean Ed not get you that 100 million toy you had on your Xmas list? The horrible cnut. Hope he gets the shits real bad. That'll learn him.

I'd recommend a large chill out and a nice cool drink.
Yes. I also ordered a large fries with my meal, but I only got a medium. Shambles.

Riz

What happens when Bruno runs out of gas in November and Matic' immobility becomes terminal? Don't get me wrog - I'd love to sign Sancho. But I'm not sure our attack is our biggest problem.
Bruno running out of gas is precisely why we need attacking reinforcements. We cannot rely on playing those 4 every match over the whole season. As for Matic, I think if needed we have sufficient midfield options to get through the season with Fred and McT as backups - the drop off is far less severe with one of them coming in than it is with one of Mata or James coming in for Greenwood etc.

Rolaholic

Mail back page saying deal on verge of collapsing. Apparently we offered Sancho a wage cut......
Was about to post a serious response until I saw Mail mentioned after looking again :lol:

Some of our deadwood are paid better than most top starters in the league, quite hard to believe we'd skimp out when it comes to a stars wages...

Status
Not open for further replies.