Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martia11

Isn't this Romano saying he signed one last year, not a new contract as in this year?
Yes, that is correct. He sent out that tweet to kill the thought that the new contract till 2023 was signed this year.

MichaelRed

Have a go
You've definitely misunderstood this tweet my friend. He's not saying it's BS, he's saying that the people who though he just signed a new contract this window were wrong & that he extended last summer.

SAFMUTD

Isn't this Romano saying he signed one last year, not a new contract as in this year?
Its pretty clear to me thats he's saying that Zorc is lying since he quoted him in the same tweet. Why would he mean "hasnt signed a new contract last year" when quoting Zorc's "secretly renewed contract"

jesperjaap

Can't say I have, is this a thing? :lol: I usually respect their wishes and move the feck on? The same way I wouldn't want chicks I've put down to keep insisting neither
Does the keep insisting ever happen though after you put them down? I said no thanks you have a fat ass.....she never bothered me again

UncleBob

I dont think thats possible, in the same case then any shareholder could have sued Dortmund after they said they were not selling Dembele, Aubameyang, Pulisic and Mhikitaryan and still end up selling them.
:lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Thats not an official source and it surely has been updated after Zorc's comment. Still we'll see if true or not, I just dont buy it.
It's been proven as being updated since Zorcs comments I think, someone posted an archive page of the same website, but it didn't load for me.

Its pretty clear to me thats he's saying that Zorc is lying since he quoted him in the same tweet. Why would he mean "hasnt signed a new contract last year" when quoting Zorc's "secretly renewed contract"
Definitely doesn't read like that, reads as though he's saying the contract hasn't been signed now, but was signed a year ago.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
By your definition anyone but the Glazers would be puppets, without authority either. But executives don't just freestyle and then see what sticks when the board get involved. They negotiate internally what their strategy and (financial) parameters going forward are and then, afterwards, act them out in public. Whatever Zorc does has been authorized by Watzke and/or the board. He knows the answer on whether they can afford not to sell Sancho before he enters the public arena, not after.
The function of the board is oversight, not active management, it's staffed with CEOs from outside companies and politicans, not football people.
No! Sometimes but not all the time. (Don’t be naive)

On another note. Now I understand why our communication isn’t straight forward. Probably cultural or age differences. My age is probably closer to the board members and Watzke. (Could also means that sometimes I’m outdated, it goes two ways. Smile)

When it comes to decisions involving €100m+ it’s your CEO‘s responsibly to involve your Supervising Board. From the board’s perspective they can have different agendas depending on who‘s the receiver. You have internal, external and public communications. In other words Zork (internal), United (external) and supporters (public communication)

Maybe the board knows that they have to sell Sancho at one point but doesn’t want to communicate that to their DoF, manager or the players. They don’t want to upset their supporters so they let Zork do the dirty job with a passionate defending about their stance. At the same time they negotiate with United by a third party who report to the board/Watzke. Nobody (Zork) is lying but at the same time they exploits all options without losing face.

I totally respect Michael Zork and his contribution but I also know that when big money is involved internal politics often trumps above 100% transparency.”

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No you are just reading what you want to read. Its clear what he is saying. Sancho has not signed a new contract since that was the news going around.

His contract renewal last year is public knowledge by the way

Giggsy13

Sancho reporting that he’s happy and looking forward to being a leader at Dortmund. Why would he say that if he genuinely wanted to come here? Time to move on to other targets. The dippers are apparently close to signing Sarr. You can label their signings underwhelming on star power but they’re strengthening their depth.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
My theory on this. Dortmund need to sell him just as much as we would like to buy him. They've made more noise publicly about this than we have and this a highly unusual position for a selling club to take.

On the one hand they insist they do not want to sell, and yet they very clearly state a price and set a firm deadline, all of which is designed to force Uniteds hand - but we havent taken the bait.

This was always going to be a long game given the money involved and the circumstances of how football finances are right now. I believe United feel they have some important factors in our favour. The player wants to join us and Dortmund need the money, so it really doesn't hurt us particularly to sit this one out. After all our season hasn't even finished yet, so I dont believe we gain a particular advantage by closing this one now as opposed to in, say, 4 weeks time. Certainly not an advantage worth potentially £10m to £20m in the eventual cost.

I think we are being smart to be patient here. Who knows what other opportunities might fall our way in the meantime. This is going to be a very interesting tranfer window for many clubs.

mav_9me

All those words might be generic nice words to say to youngsters but feels like he spoke more than he could have. Till he spoke I was optimistic of doing a deal. But it does not look like he is going to ask for a move. I think that's that. More in the realm of hope now.

Riz

What did Sancho say?

Edit: “I love playing with this lot. It is a special bunch. We’ve got some special young players coming up. I am really happy to share the pitch with them and guide them.”

realReno

My theory on this. Dortmund need to sell him just as much as we would like to buy him. They've made more noise publicly about this than we have and this a highly unusual position for a selling club to take.

On the one hand they insist they do not want to sell, and yet they very clearly state a price and set a firm deadline, all of which is designed to force Uniteds hand - but we havent taken the bait.

This was always going to be a long game given the money involved and the circumstances of how football finances are right now. I believe United feel they have some important factors in our favour. The player wants to join us and Dortmund need the money, so it really doesn't hurt us particularly to sit this one out. After all our season hasn't even finished yet, so I dont believe we gain a particular advantage by closing this one now as opposed to in, say, 4 weeks time. Certainly not an advantage worth potentially £10m to £20m in the eventual cost.

I think we are being smart to be patient here. Who knows what other opportunities might fall our way in the meantime. This is going to be a very interesting tranfer window for many clubs.
Borussia Dortmund doesn't need money. Even if they lost €45m because of Covid19. Sancho will be playing for Dortmund this upcoming season.

realReno

What did Sancho say?
"I love playing with this lot. It is a special bunch. We've got some special young players coming up. I am really happy to share the pitch with them and guide them. I was once in their shoes, playing with the seniors. I am happy for them."

"I joined when I was 17. Some of the lads are the same age. I've been there and done that. I can guide them in what’s good and what isn’t. I can hopefully motivate them as well."

Bosws87

What did Sancho say?
Reading this thread you would think he said I’m staying I’ll be here for the next two years, United can feck off.

In reality he basically said there a young team he enjoys playing with them standard media training answer.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Honestly never got the muppet vibe over this one. Who were we going to drop?

I care a lot more about an upgrade on Matic, Maguire and Williams.

In Rainbows

Greenwood would get dropped at first. Although I wouldn't really consider it a drop because there would be plenty of matches to start.

King Eric 7

Greenwood I would say, being still inexperienced and still needing to improve his all round game. He could do with a year or two being a super sub, rather than be a guaranteed starter. That way, we have a decent attacking sub rather than Dan James who hasn't staked a claim for that role yet, to put it mildly.

SAFMUTD

No you are just reading what you want to read. Its clear what he is saying. Sancho has not signed a new contract since that was the news going around.

His contract renewal last year is public knowledge by the way
If it was public knowledge why Zorc quote it as "secretly renewed"?

Withnail

What the hell?

No one's going to be dropped. It's 4 players for three positions. They can't all be expected to play 60+ games next season. I'm also not sure Greenwood can play week in week out at his age, we don't want to burn him out.

Williams isn't first choice, Maguire isn't going to be upgraded he's first choice and the Captain.

I'll give you Matic needs a back up/upgrade but the rest of it? Seriously?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'd be disappointed if we didn't sign him but less so if we actually strengthen other areas of the squad.

Even if we got Sancho (looking less likely now), we're still short on squad depth.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No! Sometimes but not all the time. (Don’t be naive)

On another note. Now I understand why our communication isn’t straight forward. Probably cultural or age differences. My age is probably closer to the board members and Watzke. (Could also means that sometimes I’m outdated, it goes two ways. Smile)

When it comes to decisions involving €100m+ it’s your CEO‘s responsibly to involve your Supervising Board. From the board’s perspective they can have different agendas depending on who‘s the receiver. You have internal, external and public communications. In other words Zork (internal), United (external) and supporters (public communication)

Maybe the board knows that they have to sell Sancho at one point but doesn’t want to communicate that to their DoF, manager or the players. They don’t want to upset their supporters so they let Zork do the dirty job with a passionate defending about their stance. At the same time they negotiate with United by a third party who report to the board/Watzke. Nobody (Zork) is lying but at the same time they exploits all options without losing face.

I totally respect Michael Zork and his contribution but I also know that when big money is involved internal politics often trumps above 100% transparency.”
The board doesn't have agendas, they aren't part of the daily business, they are CEOs of (big) corporations or polticians who are probably too busy with their own business to play political games at football clubs, especially against fan heroes who could easily ensure they would lose their post on the next vote. Their job is to oversee that the management acts financially responsible, nothing more, nothing less. The internal calculations and projections that are the base for that judgement are naturally available to the executives, they know what they can afford and what they can't. And if they are unsure they can probably query board members on how they would decide if a certain scenario became reality. Barring unforseen circumstances they already know how the board would react to a €120m offer.
Leaving aside that Zorc tied Watzke in when he made his Sancho announcement you don't casually backstab the guy you talk of as your "friend for life" for some PR game that no one would buy: because if Dortmund do sell Sancho after all now no one will say "well it was only Zorc and he didn't have authority", they will be angry with the club as a whole, including and especially Watzke as CEO.

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

Out of those three only an upgrade on Matic is realistic/needed.

No way in a million years we're going to 'upgrade' on Maguire having spent £80m on him. He's our number one CB whetherr you like it or not.

And we have an upgrade on Williams = Shaw. His absence has been notable since he got injured.

Greenwood is fantastic but he shouldn't be a nailed on starter just yet and we need more depth up front. Sancho can play all over the front line.

Crustanoid

The one thing we can take from this, Ed is an utter dick who will never learn and is the last person we should be staking our faith in taking this club forward RE player recruitment and strengthening the team.

We’ll bomb out of the CL early with our unstrengthed team, and our domestic rivals will actually do the simple matter of strengthening their teams and there will be no place for us in the top four next season

The Glazers will continue to scrape their profits off our football club.

Well done Ed

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Out of those three only an upgrade on Matic is realistic/needed.

No way in a million years we're going to 'upgrade' on Maguire having spent £80m on him. He's our number one CB whetherr you like it or not.

And we have an upgrade on Williams = Shaw. His absence has been notable since he got injured.

Greenwood is fantastic but he shouldn't be a nailed on starter just yet and we need more depth up front. Sancho can play all over the front line.
Give it a couple of seasons.

theklr

The one thing we can take from this, Ed is an utter dick who will never learn and is the last person we should be staking our faith in taking this club forward RE player recruitment and strengthening the team.

We’ll bomb out of the CL early with our unstrengthed team, and our domestic rivals will actually do the simple matter of strengthening their teams and there will be no place for us in the top four next season

Well done Ed
Can you at least wait until the transfer window is officially shut?

He has gotten us AWB, Maguire and Bruno so far

tob

Does anyone feel like we should move our attention to other positions that also needs strengthening?
I mean, what would you prefer...
  1. The club spends all focus trying to get Sancho for a cheaper price than what Dortmund are asking for. As the days goes you see the likes of Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal strengthening with good players that we could have been able to sign. But because the club doesn't know how much we're gonna end up paying for Sancho, they can't risk the money on other players. However, in the end, we do sign Sancho, but no one else.
  2. We start focusing on other players in other positions. We sign two (whomever you'd like, for whatever position), but now we've risked the chance of signing Sancho and our last offer gets turned down and we don't get him. We might sign a third player instead of Sancho for the right wing, but in the end, that player is not as good as Sancho.

EngimaMK

Can you at least wait until the transfer window is officially shut?

He has gotten us AWB, Maguire and Bruno so far
He also got us lukaku and sanchez. Yes they didn't work, but big signings!

I don't particularly like Ed or the Glazers but they have splashed the cash and they have signed big players.

Yes, our transfers could be much better but some people will whine, whatever the weather...

laughtersassassin

Sancho reporting that he’s happy and looking forward to being a leader at Dortmund. Why would he say that if he genuinely wanted to come here? Time to move on to other targets. The dippers are apparently close to signing Sarr. You can label their signings underwhelming on star power but they’re strengthening their depth.
Dippers are sinign Thiago too. That's where the real problem is. Gurantees them the title unless City go insane with their money imo

Well done Ed
Honestly, looks like a piss take post, but given the state of a large proportion of our entitled, spoiled and quite frankly pathetic fanbase - I’m not sure.

If you believe this post, for your own safety and sanity I’d give this forum a Miss for the next 2 months. Someone who posts this needs help.

SAFMUTD

Yes it was reported last summer. The only information that was new was the extra year
Do you have any note from that? Why would they renew a player leaving the same contract duration, but secretly adding an extra year? makes no sense.

Bosws87

We’re not getting him this summer. Woody has fecked it up, just like with Haaland and Bellingham.
He was smart with Haaland if the release clause was non negotiable and Bellingham was never gonna get game time for us, he chose the better option for his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.