Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It is not that he gave an interview but what he said. It is not that hard to give noncommitical generic answers. Just say the first two quoted sentences and leave it at that. Why bring up the youngsters by yourself and your plan to guide them, basically telling the fans and club of your desire to return the courtesy (being shown the ropes at a very young age) that was shown to yourself? This actually communicates commitment and a sense of responsibility that he would not need to show. These are exactly the kinds of statements that would be slapped in his face if he would then turn around and push for a move. Unless of course this is actually genuine and he looks forward to help kids that remind him in part of himself.

There was a comment here in jest about grooming his own successor, but I actually don´t see that as such an outlandish concept. Leaving an employer on a positive note with the knowledge that the spot you leave behind is in capable hands is not an uncommon goal. His desire to go home in the near future does not need to erase the gratitude or positive connection he might have to Dortmund. It is the club where he made it big and which took good care of him.
I mean he's not truly going to guide any players over any serious period of one. He's not staying beyond next summer. But yeah, nice thing to say towards your team mates and club at a time like this.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Sky Sports using the headline of "Sancho: I'm really happy at Dortmund"

I think he may well force a move but it won't be in a crazy way like Dembele to Barca or Mihki to us
This is delusion. There is very little he can do if United cant afford the instalment plan.

cyberman

This is over. We missed the chance to sign possibly Englands best player for the next 10 years. In a few years that 120 mill will look like a bargain.
Why have we missed it? This all looked in our favour with 2 years left on contract and player wants to come.
Now its 3 years with Sancho happy to stay.
We have no advantage. We are just another club who wont pay 120m.

Red_toad

Please, oh please, Ed. Just pay for him.

If anything, I just want to stop seeing and hearing people mentioning Traore, Zaha and Brooks(who hasn't looked at all good since coming back) as good alternatives.
Ah so you’re all good with Sarr as the plan B. Lad has outstanding pace and has really kicked on in a poor team.

It is like that car buying experience isn't it!
They'll be the ones panicking that the price just for today is literally true!
Special offer, never to be repeated, the price ends with a 7!

I’ll take it, and the gap insurance please, and why not I’ll finance it through you at 12% pa as you’ve thrown in a set of car mats, bargain

Krisbijoy

As great as Sanco, I still dont think our priority and main signing this summer should be a RW. We have to build from the back and I believe a CB must be the priority along with a LB and a more mobile CDM.
While all the other positions are in need of reinforcements , RW is a priority in my opinion because not only does it add a new dimension to our attack, it adds depth in attacking positions. Despite the defensive woes ,the main reason we had such a poor couple of games at the end of the season was because our attacking outlets were far too tired from being overplayed. Imaging going into a season where you are in 3-4 major competitions without good backup. This is where this signing would prove to be masterstroke.

fck

Supports
Bayern
It's over guys but I think next year you have a good chance of getting him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is nobody else bothered by the title? How come none of you Germans have pointed out the error?

Dortmund sagT Nein!!

nrggggg!!

with thanks to @Dante

Last edited:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Do yourself a favour and don't visit it in the future either. Seems like a shite place. I looked at their Sancho thread from yesterday. One user said we are a toxic fanbase (lol?) and a few said we are all deluded in thinking Sancho is coming. They obviously haven't bothered checking this thread where quite a substantial number of users feel the deal is off and have done for some time.
I think you will find these cesspools of partisanship for any club in numerous places on the internet. I am sure there are gatherings of Unted fans in other places discussing in a lot less informed manners than is the case here. I do enjoy my time spent on the caf, even if it means putting up with the muppet brigade :lol: As a german forum I usually follow the subforum on transfermarkt.de which is obviously a lot more partisan for Dortmund fans. There you will be hard pressed to find anyone not convinced Sancho is staying but then again it is about as much of an echo chamber as this forum is for United fans :)

Squeaky Bumtime

I’d love to see these guys in an actual negotiation, they believe everything the other side says and everything that’s negative.

They are the sort of people who go into a salesroom and pay whatever the striker price is on the car because they can’t cope with conflict, or can’t cope having to wait a couple of weeks for a better deal.
Haha exactly.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It’s hilarious.
Given the probable young age of these muppets an analogy may paint a picture for them - it’s like when you ask a girl out and she says no and So you then never go back and ask again, never change the angle, and forever ignore her. Ah I see now, this is what they do in real life.
I didn't want to say it, because I'd get called insulted as a boomer, but it seems like these TikTok GenZ types are so brittle and break at the first hurdle of difficulty.
Microscopic social media fuelled muppetry is becoming more intense as every week passes ... I read a post yesterday where someone demanded Matt Judge have a thread, so his contributions could be analysed ... its insane!
I'm not saying we will find a solution to signing him, but we've only had about 8 days of discussions, and still have 8 weeks of available time. World class talent or not, £108million is an insane amount of money in any industry, let alone an unprecedented transfer for Manchester United, and I'm glad we are being very diligent in deciding how to spend it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Where are you getting that from? Have not seen a single Dortmund fan expecting this to happen. Dortmund sure as hell can't afford to sign Depay with Sancho staying and it would not make sense squadwise either. Maybe they looked at him as a potential Sancho replacement but I have actually never seen them seriously linked with Depay.

Regarding your entitlement claims, it's all good. I get most of the muppetry and am just trying to give a perspective from someone who is closer to Dortmund and maybe able to clear up some (sometimes aggressive) misconceptions.
I mean I'm 99% sure that Dortmund is basically done with any considerable investment for the season and by the club's standards going ~€50m into the red between Bellingham and Can's buy option would already be unusual spending, even without the Rona.

But if we're leaving behind financial caution and venture into the more extreme realm of prossibility the muppets could speculate that the club could generate some sales income, say the reported €10m for Wolf, another €20m from Dembele if perhaps some English club decides to sign him, maybe another €10m for Dahoud or a bit more than that for Schulz.
The club should save around €20m in wages between Toprak, Götze and Schürrle, as well as reportedly netting another extra €20m on their main sponsorship from the 1&1 deal.

On the other hand Depay's contract is running out, Lyon supposedly have to offload players, after Ligue 1 got cancelled early, leaving them outside top 6. Reus has been injured for half a year again without a clear end in sight, Götze's position hasn't been filled yet. Moukoko is still 15, Reyna is 17, they aren't starters. If the club could finance it (and personally I don't believe they can right now) they could be tempted to sign Sancho's replacement a year early and bring in Depay, especially if Favre wants to go back to 4231, leaving space for one more attacker in the lineup - now that Hakimi is gone.

Do yourself a favour and don't visit it in the future either. Seems like a shite place. I looked at their Sancho thread from yesterday. One user said we are a toxic fanbase (lol?) and a few said we are all deluded in thinking Sancho is coming. They obviously haven't bothered checking this thread where quite a substantial number of users feel the deal is off and have done for some time.
Maybe they are refering to football Twitter, a proper cesspool, where everyone is an internet tough guy.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
It’s hilarious.

Given the probable young age of these muppets an analogy may paint a picture for them - it’s like when you ask a girl out and she says no and So you then never go back and ask again, never change the angle, and forever ignore her. Ah I see now, this is what they do in real life.
What the feck does this even mean? If a girl tells you to feck off, it's because she's not interested

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Special offer, never to be repeated, the price ends with a 7!

I’ll take it, and the gap insurance please, and why not I’ll finance it through you at 12% pa as you’ve thrown in a set of car mats, bargain
Reminds me the last time I bought a car. Deal was done - good deal, with a good salesman i had a good laugh with, then the big bastad boss comes in, and almost cheeses me off enough to walk away with all these BS insurances.

2mins after trying to hard sell 3 of them, he admits 2 of them were useless and the "GAP" one was the one to get.

"See the roadworks out there, you could smash this car straight up, and lose 1,000s" :)

They got the last laugh, they nicked the spare type - crossing it out and writing "tyre kit" instead! Bastards.

I didn't want to say it, because I'd get called insulted as a boomer, but it seems like these TikTok GenZ types are so brittle and break at the first hurdle of difficulty.
Microscopic social media fuelled muppetry is becoming more intense as every week passes ... I read a post yesterday where someone demanded Matt Judge have a thread, so his contributions could be analysed ... its insane!
I'm not saying we will find a solution to signing him, but we've only had about 8 days of discussions, and still have 8 weeks of available time. World class talent or not, £108million is an insane amount of money in any industry, let alone an unprecedented transfer for Manchester United, and I'm glad we are being very diligent in deciding how to spend it.
OK BOOMER!

It’s insane how so much analysis goes into Zork losing face, and Matt Judges negotiations, it’s forensic but without any substance.

These things take a serious amount of time on normal times. Whatever the value we have put in Sancho, it is a massive amount of money given the situation every club finds themselves in. We don’t even know if we can get fans into a standout in the next 12 months, so big transfers are a risk. Like it or not, we are a business, and a business in a time of unprecedented uncertainty. Like you, thank goodness we are being diligent.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What's your point, you think Zorc is flying solo here? Gambling with the club's reputation without consulting his CEO, who he is - at least according to public perception - friends with? You think he, as someone who has been with the club for over 40 years, is not too concerned about the club's financial stability?
Dortmund's strategy for the season is supposedly discussed by meetings of five people: Watzke, Zorc, Favre (coach), Kehl (squad manager and Zorc's designated heir) and Sammer (advisor). I can't remember a single report of disharmony within the management since the current leadership took over. Whatever Zorc does it's safe to assume that it's the product of a consesus between him and Watzke.
Lets be honest here, anyone starting a post with calling Zorc a puppet of Borussia Dortmund loses any kind of credibility when it comes to the inner workings of the club. Michael Zorc enjoys an incredible reputation inside the club. Not only because of how long he holds the position as DoF but because of how much of a cornerstone he was in the incredibly turbulent recent history and how much success he brought the club.

The thought that he has to answer Watzke and can´t go against him is hilarious given that they have always represented a united front and Zorc had his CEOs backing in virtually everything he did publically in the last 20 years. Not to mention that Watzke has been directly involved in this deal from the very start.

The most ridiculous notion of the post however is, that the conditions of this deal were not run by and greenlighted by the board. Of course a deal of this financial impact won´t be done or denied without the backing of the board. Do people really think that this club is run by absolute amateurs?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This one isn’t going anywhere for a while yet. Plus if anyone says anything slightly derogatory about Dortmund we get 3 pages worth of posts saying how brilliant they are so I think we’re making it :lol:
I think we just let in a boat load of migrants full of Dortmund fans just to keep this debate going.

Dante

Average bang
Rival fan bantz :mad:

The only good deal there is Werner.

Ziyech was bought in winter, same as Bruno. If you're including one, you should include the other. Torres was a cut price deal in the last year of his contract, so doesn't compare. Every other purchase is a bit ordinary.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I mean I'm 99% sure that Dortmund is basically done with any considerable investment for the season and by the club's standards going ~€50m into the red between Bellingham and Can's buy option would already be unusual spending, even without the Rona.

But if we're leaving behind financial caution and venture into the more extreme realm of prossibility the muppets could speculate that the club could generate some sales income, say the reported €10m for Wolf, another €20m from Dembele if perhaps some English club decides to sign him, maybe another €10m for Dahoud or a bit more than that for Schulz.
The club should save around €20m in wages between Toprak, Götze and Schürrle, as well as reportedly netting another extra €20m on their main sponsorship from the 1&1 deal.

On the other hand Depay's contract is running out, Lyon supposedly have to offload players, after Ligue 1 got cancelled early, leaving them outside top 6. Reus has been injured for half a year again without a clear end in sight, Götze's position hasn't been filled yet. Moukoko is still 15, Reyna is 17, they aren't starters. If the club could finance it (and personally I don't believe they can right now) they could be tempted to sign Sancho's replacement a year early and bring in Depay, especially if Favre wants to go back to 4231, leaving space for one more attacker in the lineup - now that Hakimi is gone.
In fairness, another winger probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Right now we have Hazard and Sancho as established wingers, Reyna looks very promising but should probably not be a starter yet. Reus and Brandt can play on the wings but both prefer to come through the center and nobody knows when Reus will be match fit again. That leaves Guerreiro who is needed at left back as well, especially if Schulz were to be offloaded, which I don't expect. Overall the squad is definitely on the smaller side, maybe there will be a cheeky loan somewhere but as of right now I don't expect any more transfers to happen.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Can't say I have, is this a thing? :lol: I usually respect their wishes and move the feck on? The same way I wouldn't want chicks I've put down to keep insisting neither
Yeees, I can see why you move the feck on, probably in great regularity

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
United reject Dortmund's valuation but still won't table an offer stating what they are prepared to pay. I don't understand that negotiating strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.