Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReallyUSA

Romano on the Stretford Paddock Podcast saying that United and Dortmund don't have a good relationship and it's complicating matters. Thought some journalists were saying the relationship was actually good?
Mhkitaryen deal ended with some salt

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Maybe the club will just decide to wait until January or next summer to see how the covid situation progresses and the state of our finances.

ChaddyP

Why the feck has this thread grown by 15 pages since I last looked? Nothings happened
Every couple of posts someone asks why is the thread growing so much , then couple people answer those people and then the process repeast itself

shaky

Can still get even money with the bookies that Sancho stays at Dortmund this season, so anyone certain that this transfer is dead might as well put their money where their mouth is.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I wish we had a shinny new stadium to show. All best players would even take a pay cut just to play here.

Anyway, what has Glaston been doing lately?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Mhkitaryen deal ended with some salt
As far as public perception goes if there was some "salt" it was with Mkihtaryan for supposedly going back on his word and forcing a move in the end. As long as the buyer isn't a domestic rival I doubt clubs really care who they do business with.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I must admit that i was wrong few months ago. I thought that Dortmund after few bids will sell because of corona impact. But they stand firm and i guess Sancho give them boost by not saying that he wants to leave.
So Ed must be aware by now that either he will pay what Dormund want or just go for another targets now. No point waiting one month and then paying that 120mil. Pay them now or don't.

beingshe7don

When the deal goes through, I can see the Dortmund Twitter account saying something like..... All the best Jadon Sancho. Good luck joining a team that does not guarantee CL football every year...... or some BS like that.

dabeast

F*&king Glazers, have skimmed and ensure we are only fighting for Champions League places. When handed a huge windfall in getting Rashford (150mn), Greenwood (200mn) for free, are penny-pinching on a potential Messi-level player.

romufc

I must admit that i was wrong few months ago. I thought that Dortmund after few bids will sell because of corona impact. But they stand firm and i guess Sancho give them boost by not saying that he wants to leave.
So Ed must be aware by now that either he will pay what Dormund want or just go for another targets now. No point waiting one month and then paying that 120mil. Pay them now or don't.
I got criticised for saying this and I am in panic.

I feel that we have come to a point where we know where all parties stand. Dortmund will sell for the money.

We must have done loads of financial calculations on what we can spend this summer, so the club must know what their ceiling price for this player is and what impacts that will have for other targets.

Therefore; it is time to make the decision, move on or pay up.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I agree with this to be fair. Disappointing if we don’t sign Sancho but Dortmund/Zorc, true to form, cannot help themselves in the midst of a transfer wrangle.

Always arrogant, petulant and unhelpful. Have we ever been like that when selling a player? Heck, are many clubs for that matter? Yet Dortmund are, without fail.

Small-time, self-obsessed wankers.

Last edited:

beingshe7don

Then it's dead. Can't see us paying this much of money.
The total amount has been agreed. It's the installments which Dortmund aren't willing to budge on..... They are expecting a large amount upfront whereas United are only willing to pay half of 120m right now as we need to address couple other positions. The deal will eventually go through.... It'll drag and drag and suck the life and joy of the excitement surrounding this signing and then go through....

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Did you miss all those trophies Barca have won when Messi has been there?
Did you miss all those trophies Argentina have won with him being Argentinian? It's a stupid point you're making. Of course no single player is essential for success given the factors involved. But having an elite talent can make a huge difference.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don’t even mind us going cheap on a CB if we get this guy. He should be our priority so just pay up. I could understand walking away if we’d already spunked £80m on Koulibaily but this is just classic Woodward. Will get done eventually.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So Romanos narrative goes from ”negotiations in advanced stage” to “the clubs don’t have a good relationship, and United might walk away”?

Top journalism there, Fabrizio.
How are those two things incompatible?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Did you miss all those trophies Argentina have won with him being Argentinian? It's a stupid point you're making. Of course no single player is essential for success given the factors involved. But having an elite talent can make a huge difference.
Sorry my post is not up to your standard.

My point that was missing by some is, Sancho isn't required for teams to be successful.

el3mel

The total amount has been agreed. It's the installments which Dortmund aren't willing to budge on..... They are expecting a large amount upfront whereas United are only willing to pay half of 120m right now as we need to address couple other positions. The deal will eventually go through.... It'll drag and drag and suck the life and joy of the excitement surrounding this signing and then go through....
How it's going to go through when there's absolutely no reason for BVB to budge away from their demands? Feels like wishful thinking at this moment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I agree with this to be fair. Disappointing if we sign Sancho but Dortmund/Zorc, true to form, cannot help themselves in the midst of a transfer wrangle.

Always arrogant, petulant and unhelpful. Have we ever been like that when selling a player? Heck, are many clubs for that matter? Yet Dortmund are, without fail.

Small-time, self-obsessed wankers.
Zorc would have been asked though wouldn't he?

He can't say "yeah we're negotiating on his sale".
That'd be unreasonable to say that, so of course he'll sound confident he's staying - it's a key negotiation point to not weaken their hand.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t even mind us going cheap on a CB if we get this guy. He should be our priority so just pay up. I could understand walking away if we’d already spunked £80m on Koulibaily but this is just classic Woodward. Will get done eventually.
I think it's a 50-50.

We've had Maguire and Pogba sagas where we eventually got them, but we've had other pursuits we haven't.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
How are those two things incompatible?
It's just unlikely that Dortmund would come out with such statements, if the negotiations really have been in an advanced stage. FB is just another guessing BSer caught with his pants down,, and now we're seeing him pedaling back.

redshaw

Romano has got every possibility covered now.

Most of us have come to these latest conclusions a few days ago.

romufc

Romano has got every possibility covered now.

Most of us have come to these latest conclusions a few days ago.
The expert has spoken.

A deal could happen.

It may not even happen.

No shit.. we all know this. All these fan channels having him on the show to repeat what he keeps saying, its nothing new now.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's just unlikely that Dortmund would come out with such statements, if the negotiations really have been in an advanced stage. FB is just another guessing BSer caught with his pants down,, and now we're seeing him pedaling back.
Is it? It's not as if we don't have a colourful history of Zorc and co coming out with bullshit after bullshit whenever someone is after one of their high profile players.

Status
Not open for further replies.