Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Trying to think, have we ever made a summer signing when our season is yet to be completed? I can’t think of one but I might be wrong. Zaha maybe?
Chicharito.

Bratt

Trying to think, have we ever made a summer signing when our season is yet to be completed? I can’t think of one but I might be wrong. Zaha maybe?
No, I don’t think so.
But usually the season ends in may with the transfer window opening about a month later, this year it’s very different.

Tarrou

Hernandez. He came to watch our UCL game against Bayern the day before he signed.

Litch

Patience. Clearly the negotiations are still on-going, the problem when you support the biggest 'anything' in the world, things work in a very different way than others.

realReno

Patience. Clearly the negotiations are still on-going, the problem when you support the biggest 'anything' in the world, things work in a very different way than others.
Don't be disappointed, but Sancho will stay in Dortmund for at least one more season. I have no doubt about it.

Terminator

Apparently Sancho is training individually again in today's morning training session. Probably just load management.

TsuWave

If the lack of this transfer resurfaces this sentiment I am all for it. People need to remind themselves that the club will not be returning to past glories under the Glazer mafia.
Club’s most successful period was under said Glazer mafia

Terminator

'Today on the program: Passing exercises in a confined space. Again without Sancho, Delaney also fails. Haaland is back.'

RedPnutz

I agree with almost everything you said apart from the stalling part. We've got a short time window when we can buy players thus our negotiation stance weaken the more we wake.

Instead we should go on the offensive by bidding for alternatives. I am not referring to short term fixes here. That would give Dortmund the peace of mind that we'll come knocking at their door in 12 months time. I am referring to players who can sort the RW issue once and for all like for example Chiesa. Fiorentina are pretty much in Dortmund's position at the moment. They need the money, they have a great asset on their hands, they need good money for him but everyone is stalling. If we bid 55m on him then rest assured that Fiorentina would parade that to the 4 corners of the world as they would be hoping that it would kickstart an auction. That would give Dortmund headaches as a potential big buyer might soon vanish for good. With Sancho burning bridges with Shitty, Chelsea having sorted the RW position, Real not being the big buyers they used to be and Liverpool not needing him that would hurt Dortmund badly.

The choice will then be between keeping Sancho and risk financial ruin or sell him on a decent fee even though not the 120m they want.
Agree. By stalling I guess I really meant not responding to the noise coming from Dortmund and just keeping quiet and let the wait gnaw at Dortmund.

Meantime, we should be bidding for alternatives.

Crustanoid

Pretty sure also Hargreaves and Nistelrooy are on that list. We used to actually be quite proactive

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

'Today on the program: Passing exercises in a confined space. Again without Sancho, Delaney also fails. Haaland is back.'
2 days in a row is very suspicious, especially without an injury :smirk:

laughtersassassin

The only thing that keeps me confident iss how fecked our summer will be if we fail. We clearly got no legitimate backups that are for to lace his boots and filling to get him would very likely ensure we fall behind Chelsea next season since it doesn't look like we are going to be up to much this summer

bsCallout

The only thing that keeps me confident iss how fecked our summer will be if we fail. We clearly got no legitimate backups that are for to lace his boots and filling to get him would very likely ensure we fall behind Chelsea next season since it doesn't look like we are going to be up to much this summer
The only hope is that we then prioritise our other positions that could do with improvements.

No point signing a cheap mans Sancho just for the numbers. Imo.

RkkMan

The only hope is that we then prioritise our other positions that could do with improvements.

No point signing a cheap mans Sancho just for the numbers. Imo.
Where have you actually heard we`ll do this?
A LB and DM is very clearly not on the cards this summer it`s been briefed more than once that it`ll be a CAM, CB and RW(Sancho main target)
The first 2 positions are probably dependent on selling the likes of Lingard, Pereira, Rojo, Jones and Smalling first so those positions likey to be dealt with regardless of Sancho
If we don`t get Sancho we will likely sign some scrub as a plan B and plans in other positions will remain the same so I fail to see what good outcome not signing Sancho will bring rather bring him in even for over 100m

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I’m going to speculate a little bit now and present my other options to think about.

Latest reports indicates that Pereira, Smalling and Rojo is on their way out. Regarding Lingard it’s conflicting rumors but I assume in the end he will stay. Family reasons and so.

If I was Ed Woodward I would go public by saying something like this “English talent Jadon Sancho is no longer an option for Man United, from what we can understand he’s too expensive for us in this financial climate. Maybe we come back in another transfer window but right now we have moved on” .

These few words will change the momentum and put the pressure in Dortmund’s corner. They will off course say that they are happy to keep him but at the same time “status que“ will not change their financial situation. In Watzke’s own words they can’t buy new players without fresh incomes, and right now all clubs losing revenues because of COVID. Time will now work in our (United’s) favor. Sooner or later Dortmund needs a money injection, either using their credit or sell on of their assets.

My next step would be to look at loan options. There are plenty of quality players out there. If Coutinho can score against Barca he‘s good enough to be a back up to Bruno and Rashford. Probably expensive with high wages but you get proven quality. Maybe this option is better then spending absurd money on Sancho and Grealish?

I would also do the ground work to buy Upamecano next season. That’s a must.

What we need is more quality behind out starting eleven. Matic needs a back up. Shaw needs competition.

Maybe I’m crazy or out of the loop but I should seriously look at Coutinho. Maybe even Thiago Silva as a short stop gap. Take on or two of these on loan. Buy a young quality back up to Matic and a competition to Shaw. Next season we can explore the possibility of buying Sancho if Dortmund doesn’t lower their demands.

I think time will work in our favor. Take it easy, the football landscape will change sooner rather then later as long as COVID is with us.

RkkMan

I’m going to speculate a little bit now and present my other options to think about.

Latest reports indicates that Pereira, Smalling and Rojo is on their way out. Regarding Lingard it’s conflicting rumors but I assume in the end he will stay. Family reasons and so.

If I was Ed Woodward I would go public by saying something like this “English talent Jadon Sancho is no longer an option for Man United, from what we can understand he’s too expensive for us in this financial climate. Maybe we come back in another transfer window but right now we have moved on” .

These few words will change the momentum and put the pressure in Dortmund’s corner. They will off course say that they are happy to keep him but at the same time “status que“ will not change their financial situation. In Watzke’s own words they can’t buy new players without fresh incomes, and right now all clubs losing revenues because of COVID. Time will now work in our (United’s) favor. Sooner or later Dortmund needs a money injection, either using their credit or sell on of their assets.

My next step would be to look at loan options. There are plenty of quality players out there. If Coutinho can score against Barca he‘s good enough to be a back up to Bruno and Rashford. Probably expensive with high wages but you get proven quality. Maybe this option is better then spending absurd money on Sancho and Grealish?

I would also do the ground work to buy Upamecano next season. That’s a must.

What we need is more quality behind out starting eleven. Matic needs a back up. Shaw needs competition.

Maybe I’m crazy or out of the loop but I should seriously look at Coutinho. Maybe even Thiago Silva as a short stop gap. Take on or two of these on loan. Buy a young quality back up to Matic and a competition to Shaw. Next season we can explore the possibility of buying Sancho if Dortmund doesn’t lower their demands.

I think time will work in our favor. Take it easy, the football landscape will change sooner rather then later as long as COVID is with us.
This is the type of thing Spurs did after selling Bale and Liverpool after selling Suarez and it backfired for them massively. Much rather focus on getting 2/3 buys per window if they are quality players that improve the starting 11 like Maguire/AWB have than multiple average bench warmers. Bar Grealish who is an exception cause he`s a top player and its clear how much Bruno needs a good back up, the other positions are best improved by signing quality starters to relegate current starters to the bench not adding more Daniel James esque players who won`t elevate us to the next level. Coutinho won`t agree to be a back up, would want high wages and his ties to The Scousers makes him a no go
In Matic`s position long term he needs a REPLACEMENT not a back up we already have 2 back ups who are effective in certain games(Fred/McSauce) if we can`t get a starter this year happy to stick with current options and look into it next year and with no links to DMs Ole thinks the same luckily.
Not getting Sancho after laying groundwork for 2 years is a MASSIVE failure and if the market settles next year it won`t be a one horse race so good chance he goes elsewhere and we don`t know if we will drop out the top 4 like we did in 2019 after finishing 2nd strengthening from a position of strength is the key and Sancho is the type of statement signing that will send a message to everyone that we are still the place to be for top players and he will likely be what Hazard should have been for us you don`t say no to such players as you may never get a better chance to buy them again.
Upamecano is really good but if Rojo, Jones(Moyes apparently wants him) AND Smalling or at least 2 of the 3 go we need a CB NOW not next year so as good as Upa is he`s not worth waiting a year for if we can get a Gabriel/Pau Torres now and Thiago is finished we need pace next to Maguire not another slow CB.
A LB doesn`t seem to the priority this summer unfortunately hope we look into it next season.
I respect your opinion but adding quantity over quality won`t make us better

Status
Not open for further replies.