Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

I am tired of the financial analysis and the banter with Dortmund fans, just sign the fecker or move to other targets.

Kaos

Lost interest in this transfer saga pretty quickly. If he signs he signs, if he doesn't good luck to him.

Hope the board spends some time looking at other targets because we need to improve in a lot of positions.
Yeah I'm pretty much at this point too.

Don't really care whether we get him or not, all I care is we invest in the squad somehow. Our bench was looking a little sad yesterday.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
You mean by secretly making a new extended contract for players like Sancho and watching desperate clubs like United senselessly wanting him? And if you didn't recognize your own club since a decade, its ambition is to fill the pockets of the Woodward and the Glazers, not to develop itself and present the world great football or win anything. If this would be the case, they would have given you a modern structure to compete.
And i can imagine what we do if at some point we decide to sell Sancho: Got the next Sancho already in place, playing great football, and waiting for a still desperate being EL United to come in and beg for him. Cause you know:
Secretly extending his deal by a mighty one year to protect his value and promising to sell him for a fee the next year. Outstanding. Well done. What long term ambition you’ve shown. And this club has spent the third highest amount in football over the last 7 years...yes the Glaziers milk us but spending money hasn’t been the issue...spending it exceptionally poorly without any strategy and going from one poorly chosen manager to the next has been the problem.

I do agree though that when you sell Sancho you’ll snap up some highly talented 18 year old that you can sell on in a few years time all while you once again win nothing. I love watching Dortmund play and have huge respect for them as a club. There have definitely been a few posts in this place over recent days that are making me rethink that though...it’s like you’ve all looked at what GlastonSpurs did for Tottenham PR on here and are trying to top it.

E-mal

Do you honestly think United's numbers will be any better? For 2019 matchday revenue even made up a slightly higher percentage of United's annual revenue (17% vs 16%) and almost exactly double in total numbers. Everyone is fecked, everonye will make losses, everyone will take on new debt.
I think the difference is that a good proportion of your revenue comes from transfer fees, am I right in suggesting that?

Anyway he is your player and you can demand what you want for him. If we can afford it by all means do it. If we can't move to other targets.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Yeah its not like BVB almost went bankrupt before and Bayern had to save them...oh wait
Ah, another poster with true deep knowledge about a club he barly knows. Adding "Bayern had to save them" into the top tier of the likes of "desperate to sell" and "only posturing". I guess it is fighting head to head with "the norwegian pundit is somehow their official speaker" for the the first place of BS-bingo.

cyberman

Do you honestly think United's numbers will be any better? For 2019 matchday revenue even made up a slightly higher percentage of United's annual revenue (17% vs 16%) and almost exactly double in total numbers. Everyone is fecked, everonye will make losses, everyone will take on new debt.
We have a bigger pie though. All of our tractor sponsors are coming into play and we have CL next year which boosts our coffers even further.
Of course everybody is hurting, its why the German fans saying wait a year for a magical auction is constantly laughed off from here.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Ah, another poster with true deep knowledge about a club he barly knows. Adding "Bayern had to save them" into the top tier of the likes of "desperate to sell" and "only posturing". I guess it is fighting head to head with "the norwegian pundit is somehow their official speaker" for the the first place of BS-bingo.
You seem like you need a big hug. Awwww, I'll give you one if you want

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Secretly extending his deal by a mighty one year to protect his value and promising to sell him for a fee the next year. Outstanding. Well done. What long term ambition you’ve shown. And this club has spent the third highest amount in football over the last 7 years...yes the Glaziers milk us but spending money hasn’t been the issue...spending it exceptionally poorly without any strategy and going from one poorly chosen manager to the next has been the problem.

I do agree though that when you sell Sancho you’ll snap up some highly talented 18 year old that you can sell on in a few years time all while you once again win nothing. I love watching Dortmund play and have huge respect for them as a club. There have definitely been a few posts in this place over recent days that are making me rethink that though...it’s like you’ve all looked at what GlastonSpurs did for Tottenham PR on here and are trying to top it.
I agree. Once i got huge respect for United, no personal toy like City or Chelski and a history which proofs good work at a football club. But from what i have seen here, such disrespect, for the players, for the clubs work developing into a european powerhouse from being nearly bancrupt... I spotet such arrogance, spining clear messages and informations into delusional guesses, that i have to revisit my image of United. And the good work in football is also long gone, whats left is a folkore about the past and the selfimage that United can still do what they want and don't have to earn or work for anything. A lot of posters tried to provide this thread with true and honest intelligent contributions, but where never heard or even honored with a smart debate, they were attacked. Good luck with that attitude. At least, some can get some comedy out of this thread.

FizzyWomack

Like quite a few others in here, im rather bored of this Sancho thing now. I really think we need to start focusing our attention elsewhere. The season starts in a few weeks, we really need to be prepared.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I agree. Once i got huge respect for United, no personal toy like City or Chelski and a history which proofs good work at a football club. But from what i have seen here, such disrespect, for the players, for the clubs work developing into a european powerhouse from being nearly bancrupt... I spotet such arrogance, spining clear messages and informations into delusional guesses, that i have to revisit my image of United. And the good work in football is also long gone, whats left is a folkore about the past and the selfimage that United can still do what they want and don't have to earn or work for anything. A lot of posters tried to provide this thread with true and honest intelligent contributions, but where never heard or even honored with a smart debate, they were attacked. Good luck with that attitude. At least, some can get some comedy out of this thread.
And you are probable one of the reason why so many ManUtd fans shit on Dortmund, maybe good chance they don't believe what they post but it's all in the name of "winding up".

You talk about Manutd fans not having a clue on Dortmund, yet you spout so much nonsense on ManUtd without a clue and then cover it up with "If you ask a random guy on German streets".

DevilRed

dortmun. The southampton of Europe. :lol:

If you lot were smart, you'd demand a feeder club fee from us.

MDFC Manager

Brace up fellas, we're probably just a couple of posts away from a full blown meltdown.

simmee

I wonder why they were so desperate for us to pay up for Sancho before they presented their preliminary financial figures. No dividend for the first time since 2011. Failing on one of their key indicators, you love to see it.

”Because Borussia Dortmund’s strategic objective is to maximize sporting success without incurring new debt, free cash flow is a key indicator for the club. In light of steadily growing transfer sums, free cash flow is thus becoming increasingly important. Furthermore, it is an indicator used to determine whether Borussia Dortmund has sufficient funds to finance the steady dividend payments to its shareholders. Therefore, Borussia Dortmund strives to continuously optimize free cash flow.” Given no dividend it sounds like they will have a big negative in free cash flow as well, even though they didn't mention that. Thought they would've some CL money coming in to cover for them, but apparently not enough. 18 mEUR in cash and cash equivalents in the last quarterly report, maybe under 10 mEUR now? Going to be a tough year for them if they get knocked out early from CL next season.

Joseunited

To be fair,you're also posting shite about a club you have no idea about :lol: .

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Is there any value to having this defensive Dortmund troll in this thread any longer?

Mate, we get it, you don't think Sancho will be sold and you are here bravely defending the honour of a club who don't even know, or care, that you exist - just like 99.9% of all football clubs when it comes to their fans. We are sources of income to these people - try not to think there is any 2-way relationship between you and your team. Your love is unrequited sorry to say :(

red thru&thru

We have to battle with our own fans, so I have sympathy for you here. Hahaha

Unfortunately, fans aren't the most rational and any commonsense or logic they have, seems to be thrown out of the window when discussing their club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's 20 and adapting to a new league and tougher opposition. He has plenty of time to succeed.
Exactly so paying big money doesnt mean it will work out. Its not just a Barca issue

Terminator

Jeez calm down. If you think this is bad, you should've seen the Pogba thread when we signed him.

What do you expect on a rival forum honestly? Sancho is our top target and many are desperate for us to sign him. All logic and reasoning goes out of the window especially since Dortmund is known to be a selling/posturing club. If you keep him fair play but don't expect 'debate' until the transfer window ends and things calm down.

Blood Mage

After yesterday's game, I'd much rather we divert the massive funds this transfer would require towards signing a top class attacking left back and a Matic replacement. Sancho wouldn't magically fix all of our problems.

Woodenlung

After yesterday's game, I'd much rather we divert the massive funds this transfer would require towards signing a top class attacking left back and a Matic replacement. Sancho wouldn't magically fix all of our problems.
I'd still go for Sancho. We saw with RVP and Bruno that signing a quality attacker can mask a teams deficiencies and make up for gaps in quality elsewhere. The hole would still need to be fixed, but can be done at a later date.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the difference is that a good proportion of your revenue comes from transfer fees, am I right in suggesting that?

Anyway he is your player and you can demand what you want for him. If we can afford it by all means do it. If we can't move to other targets.
I've taken the numbers from Deloitte, as far as I know they don't include transfer earnings in revenue. Dortmund have been run fairly conservatively under Watzke, which sort of comes in handy now, as they should have a relatively easy time getting loans to ensure liquidity during this crisis. This is what he meant, when Watzke said today that they can last a while, that statement was about survival, not a declaration of attack to whomever.

We have a bigger pie though. All of our tractor sponsors are coming into play and we have CL next year which boosts our coffers even further.
Of course everybody is hurting, its why the German fans saying wait a year for a magical auction is constantly laughed off from here.
What if I told you that if you have a bigger pie people also take bigger slices, differently sized wage bills being an example. Clubs that have considerably higher revenue also committed to considerably higher spending. From rich to poor, every club is fecked, the only question is how hard.

CG1010

To be honest I sympathise with you.. some posters here have a childish reaction if any other club is not rolling over and giving them their new toy. Dortmund is perfectly in their rights to try any negotiating strategy with respect to Sancho. But educate yourself about United. Its one of the only big clubs in England developing their own players from academy and young talented players from abroad.

DevilRed

Worth pointing out they're not actually mentioning Sancho here. Kaveh is just chucking his name in the middle of two quotes.
Absolutely. But I believe they are implying sancho without specifically saying his name.

Who knows though. The translations are usually butchered by the press

Lyng

I live 2 km from the german border. I went to german private School as a child. Back then it was either bvb or Bayern. I was quite the outlier as a fan of United. I still remember the rage in 1998 from both Bayern and bvb fans. (Which always puzzled me)
Some of my closest rl friends have been fans of those clubs their entire lives and I have been following the Buli since childhood along side the Premier League I just never supported a German side as a fan. So yes I do know a lot about bvb and their history the last 3 dechades. And yes Bayern ended up helping out bvb financially and essentially saving bvb from bankruptcy.
If you didn’t even know that you should probably stop calling others clueless.

Siorac

I live 2 km from the german border. I went to german private School as a child. Back then it was either bvb or Bayern. I was quite the outlier as a fan of United. I still remember the rage in 1998 from both Bayern and bvb fans. (Which always puzzled me)
Some of my closest rl friends have been fans of those clubs their entire lives and I have been following the Buli since childhood along side the Premier League I just never supported a German side as a fan. So yes I do know a lot about bvb and their history the last 3 dechades. And yes Bayern ended up helping out bvb financially and essentially saving bvb from bankruptcy.
If you didn’t even know that you should probably stop calling others clueless.
Surely you mean 1999, unless they were just really angry at Monaco for knocking us out, for some reason.

NoMidfielders

If we don't get some sort of positive brief tonight to distract from yesterdays result then you know this deal really isn't progressing at all

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I wonder if they were waiting to release financials before they sell so the club can turn around and say, we had to sell...
They warned share holders about an expected loss of €45m at the end of June. This isn't some unexpected revelation. Anyone with half a brain knew the club would be hit.

Last edited:

Mihai

What sort of half garbage are you spouting? You don't know all or any of that. As for Sancho, we'll check back after October 5th, or anytime when the deal is done. Fair enough that you think it isn't going to happen, but i do. We'll see. Your club needs the money
They won't. When Sancho signs they will be gone until the next transfer saga from Dortmund.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They warned share holders about an expected loss of €45m at the end of June. This isn't some unexpected revelation. Anyone with half a brain knew the club would be posting losses.
According to one of their recent quarterly reports they stated that income from player departures remains a key part of their finance model. It’s a bit hard to believe that a club that relies on raising money through player sales is also liquid and robust enough to suck up a £45m deficit while refusing offers in excess of £90m. That’s just plain negligence.

LonelyFire

Dortmund/Bundesliga fans - take the petty comments from some with a pinch of salt. Football is tribal and you would likely be the same in the reverse scenario. It is what it is.

On Sancho, I know you think it’s funny that people don’t believe Dortmund when they say he’s staying. What I would say is that it’s not so much not believing Zorc/Waztke, but more to do with Utd not ending their interest. We know the way Woodward works and we’ve not had the usual briefings (yet). Confidence is coming from somewhere and I suspect it’s the players camp. He might well end up staying but I think there is a fair bit to happen yet. If rumours are believed, we’ve been talking to players reps for well over a year. I think it’s fair to say both sides will have prepared for this stance from Dortmund.

Let’s see what happens - just thought I’d help provide some context as to why most on here aren’t really bothered by Dortmund’s statements to date.

bsCallout

Williams isn't our first choice LB though. So why base it on yesterday?

Erics_Collar

Williams isn't our first choice LB though. So why base it on yesterday?
Because Shaw cannot stay fit for any length of time, so Williams will inevitably end up playing way too many games for someone as poor as he is.

He should be at the very most 3rd choice for any team with league winning aspirations. And that's just because of his age and the hope he might get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.