Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He was always their most sensible one with very good posts throughout. Although he tried to convince us that Mkhi was actually a good footballer as far as I remember. I'll never forgive him for that.
Ehhh, I vividly remember that while I praised Mkhitaryans raw skills as footballer, I highlighted serious issues with his mental fortitude. Something that had already sent him into a downward spiral in his second year with Dortmund turning his performances to an abysmal level. i had serious doubts that he would be able to handle the higher expactations and bigger spotlight of playing at Manchester United. That evaluation was not exactly met positively on here and was chalked up as painting a former player worse than he is...

mu4c_20le

Still surprised that he isn't banned yet, his Bundesliga predictions were awesome as well:
The houllier smiley exists for posts like that. I wanted to try and find his post about how BVB were so close to toppling Bayern and becoming a european powerhouse if they can keep sancho right after the barca match but couldn't be bothered

Gazza

I agree. Once i got huge respect for United, no personal toy like City or Chelski and a history which proofs good work at a football club. But from what i have seen here, such disrespect, for the players, for the clubs work developing into a european powerhouse from being nearly bancrupt... I spotet such arrogance, spining clear messages and informations into delusional guesses, that i have to revisit my image of United. And the good work in football is also long gone, whats left is a folkore about the past and the selfimage that United can still do what they want and don't have to earn or work for anything. A lot of posters tried to provide this thread with true and honest intelligent contributions, but where never heard or even honored with a smart debate, they were attacked. Good luck with that attitude. At least, some can get some comedy out of this thread.
:lol:

please feel free to find another forum for a football team whose fans will post in a way that doesn’t affect your sensibilities. you won’t be missed here

Giggsy13

I guess thats the bit where you ignore the context of “Dortmund state in their pre-covid financial report that selling players remains a key function of their finance model“

So the point being that Dortmund were already relying on player sales before the pandemic obliterated their finances and now despite a £45m hole to fill, they no longer think of player sales as an important stream of income?

United’s finances are an entirely different beast. We can loan £150m for player acquisitions because we have the revenue from other sources to cover that.
I mean it’s great we can do that and but it also puts us in a compromised position in negotiations when clubs have a good idea what your transfer budget is for the summer. Dortmund aren’t stupid, they’re a well run club with good football people in power. When they see we’ve taken out that loan for players sales and we’re low balling on an initial fee then it presents Ed with major problems. The only way this ends is if we pay Dortmund’s asking price with a substantial fee up front.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Still surprised that he isn't banned yet, his Bundesliga predictions were awesome as well:
Oh well, any supporter base has its fair share of idiots... Would be great if he would not get as much attention with his posts so he would eventually get bored but that is probably expecting too much, especially in a transfer thread :lol:

Le Red

In an alternate reality, we would have just paid Dortmund's asking price of 108m, which is absolutely fair, and proceed to planning with Jadon Sancho in the squad, like any sensible club would.
In our reality it seems we might have missed one of the best players of his generation because our negotiators wanted to haggle - something they are shit at - with a club that is not desperate for money.
We are the worst elite club in the world to secure signings, that much is known.
It's like they don't want to succeed, they take one step forward (like Bruno) and two steps back. Next thing you know, people are going to crucify Ole if our next season does not go as expected.

Havak

Pokemon master
If Dortmund are paying the £60m+ for Zaha, surely that means we're buying Sancho and can up our offer by the additional money we receive from the Zaha sale?

Maybe this was the reason for the delay all along. They want to get Zaha but still profit net by £10-20m it seems.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Not Sancho related specifically but there is now a dedicated page on the website to transfer ins and outs for this summer. Shouldn't there have already been a page set up considering the window opened a few weeks ago?

Chief123

He was always their most sensible one with very good posts throughout. Although he tried to convince us that Mkhi was actually a good footballer as far as I remember. I'll never forgive him for that.
To be fair to him I watched Mkhi quite a lot before he joined us and he was an excellent player. It was a surprise to see him fail so badly at Utd but I don’t think Jose’s management of him helped at all.

mu4c_20le

To be fair to him I watched Mkhi quite a lot before he joined us and he was an excellent player. It was a surprise to see him fail so badly at Utd but I don’t think Jose’s management of him helped at all.
He was fantastic in the EL and single handedly took us to the final. But like di maria he couldn't handle the league.

E-mal

Zaha won't go for more than 50m pounds. His age and output doesn't warrant more currently.

UncleBob

Explains why he was dogshit at Arsenal and not exactly impressing at Roma either

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Not Sancho related specifically but there is now a dedicated page on the website to transfer ins and outs for this summer. Shouldn't there have already been a page set up considering the window opened a few weeks ago?

Hopefully, we're not moaning about a web page now.

The club was still playing matches up until yesterday and the manger is heavily involved in transfer decisions. It's unlikely that there was a lot to tell us about before now.

If anything (adjusts muppet hat) this is an indication that we'll sign Sancho soon.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If Dortmund are paying the £60m+ for Zaha, surely that means we're buying Sancho and can up our offer by the additional money we receive from the Zaha sale?

Maybe this was the reason for the delay all along. They want to get Zaha but still profit net by £10-20m it seems.
Maybe the way to make the Sancho transfer affordable for our current budgets?

redshaw

Perhaps United is waiving the sell on clause for Zaha if we're struggling to find the funds but just I don't see Dortmund paying even 50m.

To be fair it was surprising when Juve spunked the Pogba money on Higuain.

Blood Mage

Williams isn't our first choice LB though. So why base it on yesterday?
Because of Shaw's appalling fitness record maybe? He's great but we suffer so much when he's not there that going into another season with him as our only attacking fullback would be crazy. Obviously we aren't going to sign another RB after bringing in Wan Bissaka, so we might as well let him and Williams fight for the RB spot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm usually quite the muppet but we haven't heard anything in a while now, with what the Dortmund chiefs have said I don't think this is happening.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Dortmund linked with Alan, Zaha and a few others recently...

Dve

Dortmund in for Zaha? If true, that can only mean one thing...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund spending €60m on Zaha, I can totally see it. #SanchSUPERON

bsCallout

Because of Shaw's appalling fitness record maybe? He's great but we suffer so much when he's not there that going into another season with him as our only attacking fullback would be crazy. Obviously we aren't going to sign another RB after bringing in Wan Bissaka, so we might as well let him and Williams fight for the RB spot.
Last season he only missed two games through injury. He has suffered this season missing 18 games but I'm not sure if it's fair to write him off for next season.

I don't think LB is anywhere near a priority and should be a focus for next sunmer if Shaw lets us down.

Until then RW, CB, CDM are much more important and difficult to resolve in just this window.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How much do you think Depay would cost?
30-35 Mil. € maximum. Lyon needs money really badly and he has only one year left on contract. He is the most sensible option of the links but that has gone quiet a while ago. Zaha is not happening. We have been linked with him three times now and never was it a realistic scenario

LoneStar

Crazy to see all those experts for a foreign club, this "selling club", which now simply doesn't want to sell, what to make out of this? Madness.
And of course its only posturing and lying in an official financial annual report just for the sake of cheating United :lol: The comedy never stops in here.
I agree that’s clutching in straws. But of course Dortmund is a selling club. Literally most of your stars have gone to other clubs, including some to your bitter rivals in the league. You buy young players on the cheap and sell them if they are successful later. That’s the definition of a selling club. You are deluded if you think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.