Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Not Sancho related specifically but there is now a dedicated page on the website to transfer ins and outs for this summer. Shouldn't there have already been a page set up considering the window opened a few weeks ago?

The meltdown when the 'ins' say Douglas Costa, Ramsey and Rodon, whilst the 'outs' goes over two pages mainly consisting of loans.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Man Utd can either offers what BVB wants, persuade Sancho to do a dembele AWOL to push for a transfer, or wait for him to run down his contract, otherwise i don't see this happening.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Oh man what a dream, Dortmund sign zaha and we use the selling on fee to help fund Sancho!

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

No way any club pays 70-80M for Zaha, specially Dortmund. My guess would be around 40-50M tops.
I think the clubs are circling Zaha because the amount is much less. When he was being touted at 80 last year no one was willing to touch it.
I hope he gave his agent a hefty raise after he pulled that off for him :lol:
Imagine being relegated with Stoke and somehow landing in a sea of money

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yes captain sherlock. We all knew that since page 100 of this thread mate
:lol: He sort of has a point I think to be fair, though it wasn’t expressed clearly. If they don’t force it through this year, the odds aren’t much better next.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Still fully expect this to get done.
Until we get an official statement from the club that this is over, we can remain hopeful. There's a lot of time in the window. That Sky side bar is hilarious. You expect it to be counting down hours but it's weeks and there really isn't that much of a sense of urgency :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This has gone completely silent hasn't it
Yet the pages consistently tick over, quite oddly.

Am hoping it's the usual story where it blows up massively and looks imminent, then takes a few weeks to actually get it done!

Fridge chutney

You mean by secretly making a new extended contract for players like Sancho and watching desperate clubs like United senselessly wanting him? And if you didn't recognize your own club since a decade, its ambition is to fill the pockets of the Woodward and the Glazers, not to develop itself and present the world great football or win anything. If this would be the case, they would have given you a modern structure to compete.
And i can imagine what we do if at some point we decide to sell Sancho: Got the next Sancho already in place, playing great football, and waiting for a still desperate being EL United to come in and beg for him.
How is it "senseless" to want a player as great as Sancho, from a club that typically cannot hold onto its best players?

How is the "ambition" of making a profit any different from the ambition of any non-oil club to turn a profit?

Also, how does United stack up in terms of net/aggregate spend compared to other clubs? If United has spent more than most other clubs, doesn't that point to ambition?

How are United a Europa League club when they will be playing in the Champions League?

If you had done your research about United, instead of dull, outdated and senseless stereotypes, you would understand that many of the structural underpinnings of the club have been changing, from scouting to development to recruitment to transfer strategy.

Instead you resort to lazy stereotypes and come across ill-researched.

Valuedrug

I got giddy seeing the Romano stories, but I could really see this one not working out. Sancho has a number of reasons to stay put, and Dortmund don't seem to have any real need to sell him after all. So as far as I can tell, United have zero leverage, unless I'm wrong, and Sancho is particularly interested in coming to United, specifically.

Sancho is young, and doing very well personally at a smartly run club that plays him all the time. He is in the Champions League already. Suppose he waits another year, before moving on. No doubt he'll have many more options than a big, but sketchy club with an interesting but also hopeful project plus a novice manager in charge. He could very well hope to be someone like Liverpool's marquee signing next season, given Salah and Mane have both either peaked or should be close to peaking. A strategically smart club like Liverpool (ugh, I still really hate having to say that) would know they're entering a transitional period for their attack. Who better to sign with all that brain dead Salah money Barcelona just chucked at them after taking out a fifth mortgage than the best English attacking prospect in the world?

United need to go all in on the silly money as soon as possible, and Ole needs to somehow bridge the divide of Sanchos likely future next season in the current elite of Europe and then being Uniteds new number 7 in a squad full of holes. By all accounts Sancho has serious footballing ambition. So either we manage to credibly match that ambition, while also wooing Dortmund with our enormous, free swinging...wallet...or this transfer saga could well turn out to be just another saga as far as I can tell

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Before I give my opinion I want to say that Borussia Dortmund is in general financially in good shape.

Great club with excellent executive management. I also want to assure our German supporters that I have no intention to pretend to be some sort of ITK or financial expert. That’s not why I’m spending hours reading Annual Reports. I have a genuine interest in finances and management and my only objective is to speculate a little bit about future possibilities regarding players sales in general and especially Jadon Sancho because of United supposed interest.

Latest Borussia Dortmund (BD) information to shareholders regarding 2019/20 annual resul was interesting for many reasons. BD expected result in percent could easily be what we can expect from Man United annual report 2019/20. It give the shareholders (and is) an idea what to expect the next coming months regarding transfer activities.

Without going into specific numbers we can easily see that the expected annual result will change BD framework how to operate in the next coming months. The report didn’t mention specifics regarding cash reserves but Watzke mention that the club had liquid assets and a revolving credit who will assure shareholders that the club can be financially healthy for a long period of time.

In the near future I think that BD will try to hold on to their best players this transfer window to see if the market next season will return to normal.

It make sense from a sport related perspective but financially it’s a gamble that can easily backfire if the Pandemic continues another six to twelve months. Another downside of it is that if Sancho doesn’t deliver to expectation then his value will further decrease. Not to mention a injury or similar.

I understand Michael Zork and Hans Joachim Watzke and their aggressive tone but as a shareholder I probably have wanted the club to play safe and sell when the price is ATH. Different perspectives.

United probably can’t afford the fee that BD expects. €120m is fantasy atm. So there we are. Right now from a financial standpoint the time work in United’s favor. That’s positive.

From a sport related perspective it sucks.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
This thread is dying on its arse.

It's about as exciting as watching Aaron Wan-Bissaka play football.

Red Daz

The silence is deafening, I’ve been pretty up beat about this getting done but I’m struggling to see a positive at the moment, if the silence continues this week I think it’s off, praying Romano and co start talking about bids etc soon , the one small positive is there’s been no briefs along the lines of “we’ve moved on”, “ cooled interest” etc

RkkMan

Before I give my opinion I want to say that Borussia Dortmund is in general financially in good shape.

Great club with excellent executive management. I also want to assure our German supporters that I have no intention to pretend to be some sort of ITK or financial expert. That’s not why I’m spending hours reading Annual Reports. I have a genuine interest in finances and management and my only objective is to speculate a little bit about future possibilities regarding players sales in general and especially Jadon Sancho because of United supposed interest.

Latest Borussia Dortmund (BD) information to shareholders regarding 2019/20 annual resul was interesting for many reasons. BD expected result in percent could easily be what we can expect from Man United annual report 2019/20. It give the shareholders (and is) an idea what to expect the next coming months regarding transfer activities.

Without going into specific numbers we can easily see that the expected annual result will change BD framework how to operate in the next coming months. The report didn’t mention specifics regarding cash reserves but Watzke mention that the club had liquid assets and a revolving credit who will assure shareholders that the club can be financially healthy for a long period of time.

In the near future I think that BD will try to hold on to their best players this transfer window to see if the market next season will return to normal.

It make sense from a sport related perspective but financially it’s a gamble that can easily backfire if the Pandemic continues another six to twelve months. Another downside of it is that if Sancho doesn’t deliver to expectation then his value will further decrease. Not to mention a injury or similar.

I understand Michael Zork and Hans Joachim Watzke and their aggressive tone but as a shareholder I probably have wanted the club to play safe and sell when the price is ATH. Different perspectives.

United probably can’t afford the fee that BD expects. €120m is fantasy atm. So there we are. Right now from a financial standpoint the time work in United’s favor. That’s positive.

From a sport related perspective it sucks.
What I don`t understand from this is how can they fail to keep hold of their best players when there is no market crash and when they are more financially wealthy to reject big bids but somehow be in a position to reject a guaranteed triple sum figure(assuming we offer it) at at time where cash is king, likely to solve a lot of financial problems and at a time where it is far from guaranteed? From a financial point of view it makes no sense and this reverse psychology in this instance makes no sense and I will be genuinely shocked if we were to offer them the 120m and they said no to it. I
If Utd were completely and utterly unable to afford it you`d think they`d have already walked away like we have with some deals in the past? Fact that we haven`t suggests they can afford it but in a different format(spread out over a few years)

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What I don`t understand from this is how can they fail to keep hold of their best players when there is no market crash and when they are more financially wealthy to reject big bids but somehow be in a position to reject a guaranteed triple sum figure(assuming we offer it) at at time where cash is king, likely to solve a lot of financial problems and at a time where it is far from guaranteed? From a financial point of view it makes no sense and this reverse psychology in this instance makes no sense and I will be genuinely shocked if we were to offer them the 120m and they said no to it. I
If Utd were completely and utterly unable to afford it you`d think they`d have already walked away like we have with some deals in the past? Fact that we haven`t suggests they can afford it but in a different format(spread out over a few years)
I think what you struggle to understand is that while Dortmund do sell players for profit (selling club, yada yada), they usually do it when the contract situation demands it. Dembele and Aubameyang being agitation related exceptions I don't relly want to explore again. This means in a situation such as now they have to evaluate whether it makes more sense to cash in now or to keep the player for the sporting goals and sell him next year for a reduced fee. Since Sancho's contract is still running for another three years Dortmund are not forced to sell and it seems they have concluded that they will not do so either. So while it may be quite necessary for Dortmund to eventually get the big payday for Sancho they are in no way obligated to cash in this summer.

Last edited:

cyberman

The ass has fallen out of the market

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Dortmund are paying the £60m+ for Zaha, surely that means we're buying Sancho and can up our offer by the additional money we receive from the Zaha sale?

Maybe this was the reason for the delay all along. They want to get Zaha but still profit net by £10-20m it seems.
It was reported that Palace will sell for £40m. I can't see BVB paying anything more than £40m for him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Zaha and Dortmund would appear quite a good match to be fair. He's a good player and on his day can really carry a team. I haven't really followed Depay of late but I'd be surprised if he's much of an upgrade on Zaha when looking at replacements.

Chief123

Man Utd can either offers what BVB wants, persuade Sancho to do a dembele AWOL to push for a transfer, or wait for him to run down his contract, otherwise i don't see this happening.
Ground breaking revelation there mate. Will only happen if Utd offer BVB what they want. Yeah that’s how a sale normally works.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.