Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Agent fees and personal terms are not yet agreed while Romano is adamant that personal terms are agreed.
No one's specified what they mean by "agent fees", but my guess is that they're for the negotiations with Dortmund. Much of our frustration with Dortmund also comes with the fact that they want us to pay for the agent fees as part of our negotiations with them (despite them going through agents, not us).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It would be truly interesting to know the truth of what happens in these protracted transfer sagas wouldn't it.

While it's obviously not as easy as clicking a few buttons as in championship manager and games like that, there surely can't be "that" much to discuss can there!?

red thru&thru

Ogden is probably partially right, in that agent fees haven't been agreed. Especially for an agent who doesn't even represent Sancho and is only in the picture because Dortmund want it so.
Yea, this.

United would have agreed everything with Sancho and his team but it's the people who bvb have brought into negotiate they haven't. Reports had emerged that United were frustrated about how bvb weren't negotiating with them directly.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We definitely need someone else to negotiate our transfers instead of Laurel and Hardy.

red thru&thru

It would be truly interesting to know the truth of what happens in these protracted transfer sagas wouldn't it.

While it's obviously not as easy as clicking a few buttons as in championship manager and games like that, there surely can't be "that" much to discuss can there!?
Clearly there's not, otherwise deadline day deals wouldn't conclude so quickly. It just need both parties willing to communicate.

But early on in the window, there will be a lot of posturing and selling clubs wanting to set up deals before selling.

AgentSquirrel

A 10m hooker? Who’s this goddess?
It's an 'anecdote' that only works on the level of a certain type of man. The not generously endowed and mad about it variety.

Most people (men and women) would lie back and think of Chris Evans for 10 million. Be a bit harder to let some creepy goblin climb on top of you for a tenner.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So to sum up the current situation, we have personal deals agreed with Sancho. The only thing preventing this from completing is our agreement with Dortmund. To complicate matters, Dortmund want us to pay the agent fees as well.

Imagine this: Dortmund want us to pay 120 million Euros guaranteed (we can negotiate the instalments) as well as the agent fees. To sum it up, we might be paying up to a total of 170 million Euros (if the 50-million-Euro agent fees can be believed) for Jadon Sancho.

No wonder we don't have an agreement with Dortmund.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Well, sigh, it didn't take long for this transfer window to turn into a shitshow. Went billy big bollocks briefing that Sancho was close, backfired bigtime, now looking highly unlikely imo. In the meantime we're not really being linked with anyone else apart from Brooks who is a good player but a major disappointment after the JS hype.

red thru&thru

Well, sigh, it didn't take long for this transfer window to turn into a shitshow. Went billy big bollocks briefing that Sancho was close, backfired bigtime, now looking highly unlikely imo. In the meantime we're not really being linked with anyone else apart from Brooks who is a good player but a major disappointment after the JS hype.
When did United brief it was close?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Went billy big bollocks briefing that Sancho was close
There were no briefs from United that Sancho was close. Only Romano was giving us updates whilst the United journalists were quiet. The only briefs from the club were about the disagreements with Dortmund.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm pretty sure that it's down to how the agent fees are being interpreted. Sancho's agent himself is also negotiating on behalf of Dortmund (along with Marco Lichsteiner), and that's where part of the agent fees would go, I presume. The English media and the club interpret that as us not agreeing on personal terms, whilst Romano and the German media don't take the agent fees into consideration.
I think the agent fees are a issue too and Ogden might be onto something here. Romano as reliable as he has been in the past seems to have jumped the gun in this saga.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think the agent fees are a issue too and Ogden might be onto something here. Romano as reliable as he has been in the past seems to have jumped the gun in this saga.
I'd doubt Romano as well were it not for Falk confirming what Romano said about the personal terms.

sp_107

Dortmund signing Reinier Jesus(18) from Real Madrid on Loan for 2 years -and they posted 45M deficit.

Looks like its a show off that they dont have to sell Sanco but in the backend they know they have to sell to balance the books.

dev1l

Rumours that requested agent fees amounts to 50 million euros.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Why the feck should agent fees be payed by clubs if they represent a player.
Think about it. Sanchos agent is there to get a good wages deal for his client. Client should foot the bill.
Unless the agent works direct for United then there should be no fee payable to any of the lecherous cnuts

dev1l

Think about it. Sanchos agent is there to get a good wages deal for his client. Client should foot the bill.
Unless the agent works direct for United then there should be no fee payable to any of the lecherous cnuts
Most probably when negotiating players salary , agent would ask for his "commission".

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd doubt Romano as well were it not for Falk confirming what Romano said about the personal terms.
I don't doubt the personal terms being agreed. But rather 'here we go' and 'true not true' jumping the gun on how close we were to signing the player. Ogden tbf has always maintained it was gonna take awhile to strike a deal.

dev1l

Another rumour doing the rounds is that Sancho s agent tried to offer the player to other sides with a discounted agent fee. ie agent fee for United =50m, agent fee for the other club =less than 50m

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
But rather 'here we go' and 'true not true' jumping the gun on how close we were to signing the player.
Yeah, he did jump the gun on that when he replied to someone stating that a deal was close. After that, however, he's stuck to the stance that this'll only move forward when an agreement comes through between the two clubs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The agent fees when we signed Pogba amounted to £41m which Juventus paid to Raiola according to reports. So the rumoured 50m for Sancho in agent fees could well be true with Dortmund unwilling to pay the fees hence Sancho's agent involved in negotiations.

Skåre Willoch

I don’t understand how the agent fees can be 50m euros. Isn’t 10% or so normal? 40% is insane, no matter the value of the transfer.
How has this happened to football?! They make more money than Sancho from this ffs.

dev1l

I don’t understand how the agent fees can be 50m euros. Isn’t 10% or so normal? 40% is insane, no matter the value of the transfer.
At the moment it seems there is no ceiling for agent fees. Mind you Sancho and Pogba both knew and approved these fees.
It seems that Fifa or UEFA will introduce some sort of limits on agent fees next year.

Andersons Dietician

I think most normally negotiate with the selling club as part of contracts they are entitled to so much Of the selling fee when the selling club (Dortmund) sell the asset.
So Dortmund might have agreed he gets a certain percentage but they are refusing to pay it and say it should come out of Uniteds pocket.

Sure we had a similar issue with someone a few years back. Can’t recall who it was.

Skåre Willoch

At the moment it seems there is no ceiling for agent fees. Mind you Sancho and Pogba both knew and approved these fees.
It seems that Fifa or UEFA will introduce some sort of limits on agent fees next year.
Is this amount a part of the contract with the player? If this is what stalls the transfer and Sancho wants to move, is it as easy as him switching agents to someone who’ll make due with half?

Skåre Willoch

I think most normally negotiate with the selling club as part of contracts they are entitled to so much Of the selling fee when the selling club (Dortmund) sell the asset.
So Dortmund might have agreed he gets a certain percentage but they are refusing to pay it and say it should come out of Uniteds pocket.

Sure we had a similar issue with someone a few years back. Can’t recall who it was.
I’ve seen plenty of people mention Hazard in this context.

dev1l

Is this amount a part of the contract with the player? If this is what stalls the transfer and Sancho wants to move, is it as easy as him switching agents to someone who’ll make due with half?
I don't know really but I assume there is a contract between Sancho and his agent. No idea if the player can rescind from that contract.

Andersons Dietician

I’ve seen plenty of people mention Hazard in this context.
I’m not sure it was Hazard. Might not have even been United but someone had agreed to buy someone then the selling club said right you better pay this guy his 20/30 mil then because the selling club although they agreed the contract refused to take the hit out of the fee they were paid. The deal then collapsed.

I think the player then sacked the agent but I’m not sure how that would work if that agent gets A pay off or does the fee just become non existent.

Whatever the truth is adding 50 million Euro to a deal that is probably already around 120 million Euro then commitment to wages that’s crazy money. No wonder Ed would be haggling and honestly if it is 50 mil I wouldn’t be upset if they stepped away and said feck off.

Joseunited

Has to be just that, rumours. Fecking crazy amount for an agent to demand. Can't wait for fifa/UEFA to impose restrictions on these leeches.

I'm still firmly of the belief that Sancho will be a United player before long:keano:

red thru&thru

Another rumour doing the rounds is that Sancho s agent tried to offer the player to other sides with a discounted agent fee. ie agent fee for United =50m, agent fee for the other club =less than 50m
I call bull on this.

peridigm

Has to be just that, rumours. Fecking crazy amount for an agent to demand. Can't wait for fifa/UEFA to impose restrictions on these leeches.

I'm still firmly of the belief that Sancho will be a United player before long:keano:
FIFA/UEFA should impose a percentage cap for agent fees like 5%. It will never happen though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So to sum up the current situation, we have personal deals agreed with Sancho. The only thing preventing this from completing is our agreement with Dortmund. To complicate matters, Dortmund want us to pay the agent fees as well.

Imagine this: Dortmund want us to pay 120 million Euros guaranteed (we can negotiate the instalments) as well as the agent fees. To sum it up, we might be paying up to a total of 170 million Euros (if the 50-million-Euro agent fees can be believed) for Jadon Sancho.

No wonder we don't have an agreement with Dortmund.
If we don't like it, just give them our final take it or leave it offer. Set the deadline, and that's it.
It's difficult, if you want to make it difficult.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
FIFA/UEFA should impose a percentage cap for agent fees like 5%. It will never happen though.
Why? clubs don't have to pay them if they don't want to. Just go get other player then.

It's between agent and his player, if the player really want to come to a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.