Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

LungiDevil

I don't know really but I assume there is a contract between Sancho and his agent. No idea if the player can rescind from that contract.
I still don't understand this business. May be Sancho entered a contract with his agent, but then why are Dortmund or Utd on the hook for it?

E-mal

If the agent fee is 50m, call of the deal and tell them to feck off.
50m gets you a very good midfielder or full back. In what world do these people live? Leeches and greedy cnuts parading themselves as agents.

redshaw

120 million euro is high enough, we shouldn't be paying an extra 50 million euro, you can sign another decent player for that.

The agent fee that Juve paid is down to their agreements and the free transfer they benefited from. Dortmund sign Sancho for 8-9 million, whatever agent fee they agreed when selling it's down to them, they stand to make a lot of money from their 8 million investment, if they agreed to something stupid when signing him for 8 million they should honour it.. Same goes for Zaha, 3 fecking million they bought him for, they agreed to a sell on clause, they shouldn't be trying to add that on top of a fee, they stand to gain many more times what they paid for Zaha yet they all want to have their cake and eat it.

If Sancho thinks we should pay his agent 50 million then we should back the feck off right now.

wolvored

If we cave in and agree the £108 mill and another £50 mill for agent fees if true, then we will be rinsed for the rest of the time there is professional football. We should set a deadline say we offer x and if if it isnt agreed by y date then its over and we move on. Sancho is a good player, but not at any price.

Rolaholic

Where is everyone seeing this business over 50m agent fees that has everyone's knickers in a bunch?

Squeaky Bumtime

It's outrageous, isn't it?

I don't care if you're the Don Juan of smooth talkers, there is no way you can possibly justify earning 50 million quid for negotiating a contract.
Those are rumours or?
But yeah if Dortmund wants us to pay that on top of 120 million we should politely say them to f. of.

lsd

The Oracle
If that’s what his agent is after Sancho should tell him to wind his neck in and stop being a greedy Cnut
Rather we tell Sancho to feck off as the agent only does what the client wants

elnorte

Freaky fly day
If we cave in and agree the £108 mill and another £50 mill for agent fees if true, then we will be rinsed for the rest of the time there is professional football. We should set a deadline say we offer x and if if it isnt agreed by y date then its over and we move on. Sancho is a good player, but not at any price.
Precisely. I've commented on this more than once not that I think that counts for anything of course. Regardless you are correct and we would end being a cautionary tale of bad transfers for years. It is probably for this exact reason that this transfer is dead and buried likely has been for quite some time.

Squeaky Bumtime

And we're back to the 'no value in the market' stance.

It's the modern game. We either compete within the parameters of the game as it is in 2020 or accept we can't compete at the top end of the game.
Theres a virus in 2020 and even 120 is crazy money, 50 million on top of that is beyond crazy. If we'd pay that Sancho would probably be our only buy.
Those parameters are not normal at all.

cyberman

It's the modern game. We either compete within the parameters of the game as it is in 2020 or accept we can't compete at the top end of the game.
Nobody is paying 50m agent fees so we are within the games parameters.

Castia

Few teams are laying down 120m fees with 50m agent fees on top it’s absurd.

We should walk away and invest elsewhere feck em. 170m to tune the squad up would be money well spent compared to signing Sancho

Chiesa
Dembele (Lyon)
van De Beek

could be bought for that money.

TrebleFan99

It's outrageous, isn't it?

I don't care if you're the Don Juan of smooth talkers, there is no way you can possibly justify earning 50 million quid for negotiating a contract.
50m would be criminal if true. I thought we’d never see that after the investigation into Raiola’s commission on the Pogba transfer.

Rolaholic

Where has the 50m agent fees come from!? I’ve seen no reliable journalist report that.
Been wondering this myself :lol:

Not seeing any reported agent fee figures at all and isn't that the sort of thing that usually only gets confirmed after the fact once a deal has been struck?

There was so much hubbub over Raiola getting an absurd fee from us for Pogba only for it to have been confirmed that Juve paid it and it ended up being half of what was being floated around.

I wouldn't wind myself up just yet over any rumors regarding that at this stage

Amarsdd

This 50m agent fee is bs. Especially us having to pay it after paying Dortmund 120m. If I remember correctly, Juve paid the agent fees when we bought Pogba, and that fee wasn't anywhere close to 50m.

Rolaholic

This 50m agent fee is bs. Especially us having to pay it after paying Dortmund 120m. If I remember correctly, Juve paid the agent fees when we bought Pogba, and that fee wasn't anywhere close to 50m.
The rumors at the time had us paying 40m to Raiola yet months later it was confirmed that Juve were the ones who paid him a cut of little over 20m :lol:

I'd take any reporting, even though I've yet to see any, regarding specific figures relating to agent fees with w massive grain of salt..

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There's a few posters mentioning Chiesa but I don't get the hype about him.

Amarsdd

The rumors at the time had us paying 40m to Raiola yet months later it was confirmed that Juve were the ones who paid him a cut of little over 20m :lol:

I'd take any reporting, even though I've yet to see any, regarding specific figures relating to agent fees with w massive grain of salt..
Yeah, that's what I remember. It doesn't make sense that buyer pays the commission fees instead of the seller in any sort of deals.

E-mal

Few teams are laying down 120m fees with 50m agent fees on top it’s absurd.

We should walk away and invest elsewhere feck em. 170m to tune the squad up would be money well spent compared to signing Sancho

Chiesa
Dembele (Lyon)
van De Beek

could be bought for that money.
Thank God you're not in charge of recruitment. What an underwhelming shopping list.

Nico87

The £50 million agent commission is the reason football.london stated Chelsea withdrew their interest, no reliable journalist has reported anything like that.

Rolaholic

A 50m agent fee sounds absurd because it is and isn't based in reality :lol:

Even super agent Jorge Mendes didn't get that nearly that much for Mbappe's or Ronaldo's move

The largest agent fee I can remember reading about was when Neymar went to Paris, his father reportedly got a 40m comission along with an extra 30m+ in 'loyalty' bonuses from Barcelona on the way out :lol::lol::houllier::houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.