Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratt

This guy was exposed during the Griezmann saga. He's a complete fraud.

Deleted all his tweets from the past.
Nah, I think you’re confusing him with someone else, he wasn’t around at the time of the Griezmann saga.
Not saying he’s an ITK, but he has made some tweets in the past that suggests he knows someone with some inside info.

FizzyWomack

:lol:

I wondered if you would notice.

I agree with you though. I'd rather we sign him but I just don't think we will unless Sancho himself pushes for this or some aspect of the deal changes drastically. That seems unlikely as well unfortunately.

:lol:

You’re bang on there. And it seems like he won’t push for the deal anyway.

I was really gutted about it last week but now if it’s not going to happen then we must deal with it and improve the team where and when possible.

I’d say I’m about 70/30 that its going to happen.

GiddyUp

I think we will sign him for 90 up front. Borussia Dortmund are cnuts and pretty much the football whore house of Europe, long may they live in the shadow of every other team that actually gives a shit.

Chief123

I hope we sign him in the end (And finally end our longstanding RW search) but why do so many on the caf seem to forget we’re talking about a British transfer record and one of the most expensive football deals of all time like it’s chump change... not withstanding the fact we’re in the middle of a once in a century viral pandemic that’s laid waste to sporting revenues the world over. We’re barely a week into our offseason and people are flipping out already.

Chelsea, coming off a transfer ban, are being talked about as some sort of transfer maestros, have managed 1 summer signing thus far with the rest being social media speculation. I mean they’ve been chasing Havertz for months and the sums being talked about are way less than Sancho yet why hasn’t that been finalised yet?
I think the frustration among fans is that there is a belief Utd can afford him but Glazers are more interested in profit than excelling from a footballing point of view.

The fact that Utd have been working on this deal for a long time now and that the interest has been extremely strong throughout the whole pandemic. Utd would already have modelled out the financial forecast due to the pandemic. They will have known already that we aren’t expecting fans in stadiums for at least this year. So it’s not a huge setback that’s fallen upon them. Knowing all this, they have still maintained a very strong interest in signing the player. Dortmund have been adamant about the price for a long time so it’s not a case of suddenly being shocked with a price that is unattainable. Even if Utd intended to negotiate the price, they knew what the baseline was and where abouts the price brackets were.

Bearing all of the above and the fact that none of it has been a sudden shock, Utd voiced on numerous occasions during lockdown that it’s a good opportunity for us to “advantage” of the situation and basically use our financial power to steal a march on other clubs. Ole and Woodward both voiced this view. Due to this, I honestly don’t think it’s a case of us not having the funds to spend. It’s just Utd want to spend it according to their structure.

Yes I accept that it would be a British transfer record, but even if we paid the 120m euros, it still would be considerably less than what we have spent last summer and January where it was close to £200m. So having spent £200m and also knowing the financial climate ahead, we’ve still been adamant to sign Sancho.

Personally, I still feel we will sign him. Even if it means deep into the window. Utd want to try everything they can to get the best deal and as far as they are concerned this is still super early in the window.

Im pretty sure the footballing knowledge in the Utd squad such as the manager and the senior leadership would happily accept Sancho as their only signing if it meant we are guaranteed to get him.

With our current squad, I’d be very confident of getting top 4 with just adding Sancho to the squad. We have to be honest and accept that we aren’t going to challenge for the title this season even if we bought 4/5 players in including Sancho. Our target will be 3rd and to reduce the gap between us and the top two. I think that’s achieveable by signing just Sancho.

I’m pretty sure if you gave Ole the chance to either sign Sancho only or to sign 4 other players who are lesser than Sancho but they fill other problem areas, I think he would choose Sancho. Because in the long run it would give us a better chance of making a title challenge in the next couple of years. By not signing him, we risk him going to a rival next season which would be extremely likely as he has made it clear he only wants to come to the premier league.

I know a lot of fans are concerned that signing Sancho won’t be enough because other teams are strengthening too. I honestly believe it would be more than enough and I think we would get 3rd place comfortably.

We need to add context to the above paragraph. We spent majority of the season without Pogba. We only had Bruno for half the season. We had Rashford out for 3 months. And Matic had fallen off a cliff before the new year. When we had all them back, we had title winning form.

A full season with Bruno, Pogba, Rashford and adding Sancho to that is totally game changing to our previous season circumstances.

In summary, I do think Sancho is enough this window and I do believe Utd will accept that the bigger picture is better even if we only sign him. Hence why I believe the deal will eventually be done. We may get a couple of cheaper options in or possibly loans too.

Chief123

But my point was that in Sancho we aren’t buying a single position player. We’d be getting someone that can cover multiple positions to a potentially world class level. So the signing would improve the first 11 and provide better quality squad depth.

We have enough average players already at the club without adding more with the likes of Gabriel or Brooks.

I’d rather we spent our whole budget on Sancho this summer and then spent next summers entire budget on a holding midfielder that massively improves the first team. It will take longer to build the team but it fills the squad with quality rather than quantity.
100% agree. Buying Sancho would not only give us flexibility in the front 3. We would be able to literally rest one of the front 4 every game in a rotation format if need be.

But the effect of adding Sanchos quality would be immense. When you have that forward lineup, you can even get games won early and have the ability to rest them more often. Very similar to how we were doing straight after lockdown.

Womp

idiot
It's incredible to me that there are some people that genuinely still have confidence this will happen. You feckers are impressive

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think this is off. Only problem is that Ed doesn't do Ed and overpays somewhere else.
If we can't buy what we want then either buy cheap short term fix or don't buy at all.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The original reported AWB fee is what we ended up paying.
Maybe the direct fee we gave them, but they also wanted the Zaha clause removed. If they'd sold him last season (which at the time looked very likely) that would've been an extra 14m for us if I remember correctly. Since they held on to him that will obviously drop now that everything has gone to shit, but unless he goes on to either retire there or leave on a free we will end up getting some return from that. So us refusing their first demand actually worked in that case.

el3mel

It's incredible to me that there are some people that genuinely still have confidence this will happen. You feckers are impressive
This transfer is like a zombie. It's dead but not 100% dead.

Womp

idiot
This transfer is like a zombie. It's dead but not 100% dead.
TBF Ed could come out and tell us it's over and to all get fecked and you'd still find some blokes on here who would spin it positively. The relentless positivity is refreshing tbh

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe the direct fee we gave them, but they also wanted the Zaha clause removed. If they'd sold him last season (which at the time looked very likely) that would've been an extra 14m for us if I remember correctly. Since they held on to him that will obviously drop now that everything has gone to shit, but unless he goes on to either retire there or leave on a free we will end up getting some return from that. So us refusing their first demand actually worked in that case.
That came out later in the negotiation yes. We were never going to do that. We still ended up paying their original asking price no matter how much press spin we did before hand to make it look like we got a bargain.

Womp

idiot
It’s comfortably more realistic than us signing Douglas Costa, to be fair.
I'm not so sure. Costa is attainable, wouldn't cost a large fee and is by all accounts a typical winger, which is what we're going for. The only drawback would be his injury record and that he's remained stagnant for like 2-3 years now

L3G4CY15

Call me crazy, but I still believe this happening. I think all Dortmund’s briefs are to make it appear to the world that Sancho isn’t leaving so they can sign his replacement without being taxed. If the other club is questioning this, Dortmund will just say no player X is just for rotation and in case he leaves next year but we don’t have the money from Sancho. Just a theory.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That came out later in the negotiation yes. We were never going to do that. We still ended up paying their original asking price no matter how much press spin we did before hand to make it look like we got a bargain.
How is it the same as paying the original asking price if the original asking price included the removal of a clause that would give us money back? Paying £50m and getting £5-14m back is much different than just paying £50m.

Joseunited

I'm not so sure. Costa is attainable, wouldn't cost a large fee and is by all accounts a typical winger, which is what we're going for. The only drawback would be his injury record and that he's remained stagnant for like 2-3 years now
In other words a shite signing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How is it the same as paying the original asking price if the original asking price included the removal of a clause that would give us money back? Paying £50m and getting £5-14m back is much different than just paying £50m.
Thats me saying that I dont believe that was in the original asking price

Rooney1987

But that would go against Ole's recent transfers ins and outs. Why get rid of all this squad fodder on big contracts to then sign a bench player on a big contract. Makes no sense.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Call me crazy, but I still believe this happening. I think all Dortmund’s briefs are to make it appear to the world that Sancho isn’t leaving so they can sign his replacement without being taxed. If the other club is questioning this, Dortmund will just say no player X is just for rotation and in case he leaves next year but we don’t have the money from Sancho. Just a theory.
Crazy? That’s the sanest thing I’ve read in this thread for pages.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I was fairly relaxed this deal would get done, and under normal circumstances I think it would have. But if you look at the market, the only clubs signing people for big money are the oil rich or sugar daddy clubs, while everyone else is being very prudent.

Dortmund’s demands are probably unrealistic, along with the agent fees, for the current financial climate, and I support the club passing on the deal if it leaves us too exposed financially. Being long term sustainable is critical.

I’d be very surprised if this happened now.

RkkMan

TBF Ed could come out and tell us it's over and to all get fecked and you'd still find some blokes on here who would spin it positively. The relentless positivity is refreshing tbh
Trust me if Ed comes out and says it`s dead this thread gets locked

Shimo

Plenty of time left in the window but, IMO, if United know there is almost no chance of Dortmund changing their stance on the amount, then we need to move on quickly at least for this window, get an alternative that Ole will at least trust to bring on in games or start once in a while. No point waiting till October 5th to only then pay full price and give in to agent fees / salary.

In our situation, we've been a buying club with little choice but, to pay full price and pay stupid salaries to try claw our way back to the top. However, this is also the first time in a while I think we have good plan forward, a set of players that fit the style and mindset and so can look elsewhere in the interim.

As much as we want Sancho, he also has to have a strong desire to want to come and join in what could be a very good attacking team, one where he could thrive even more. He is still really young. Should he really be this world class player, if United have shown anything, sometimes wrongly, if you come to the club and have good performances, you get rewarded with better contracts. For his part, again if he really wants to come, then he needs to push his agent to compromise a bit more and also let Dortmund know that he will not sign a new contract with them because he wants to go. That at least then makes them think should they cash in now or do they accept whatever depreciation of his value in a year or two.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I was skeptical from the start but right now nothing has changed other than the imaginary deadline passing. One thing I never expected was it to happen early if we did sign him. Clearly everyone throwing their toys out of the pram already thought otherwise.

laughtersassassin

ah look at him. So fecking good. We will regret this down the line for sure. This will be like missing out on Hazard I'd say.

Skeezix

This is turning out to be Hazard 2.0 eh? We were so close to that deal but unwilling to pay those extra millions at that time (agent fees if I'm not mistaken).
History is looking like it'll repeat here and we'll regret down this too down the line. Glazers, Woodward and Co must know that the Commercial shine of United is going to wear off
if we don't sign these potential World Class players and start competing for titles.

We can only start 11 players at a time. Spending 100 million pounds on 1 quality player is much more worth it than 2 average player of 50 million each.
It is not wasting money to spend 100 million on a player of Sancho's quality.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I don't really do muppetry.

Few people saying this is off. If it was off, Utd would have released a statement - no value in the market, BVB unreasonable etc...

It us taking too long - we are negotiating for an asset of more than £100 million, of course the negotiations are taking long and BVB will not be making the easy.

Half of the posters on this thread must need rubber sheets...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Some of the posts here are hilarious. Suggesting its dead purely because there isn't any updates. Just because you get small insignificant updates these days that you might not have a few years ago, doesn't mean you're in the board room to have a single clue as to whether this has failed.

What you can go on however, is various credible journalists who do get information that is of some value, and who all in tandem say the deal is not dead and it's up to Manchester United to agree on a fee. That so far, Dortmund have been clear and final on their requirements.

That's literally it. You can point to Maguire, Bruno and AWB where deals stretch and end up getting completed. You can point to Aubameyang and Dembele as examples where Dortmund say they will stay and they end up leaving in that season. There's feck all to suggest the deal is dead in the waters, so chill the feck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.